PDA

View Full Version : I seriously need to downsize

Jill
11-28-2007, 11:26 AM
After taking a recent inventory, I've decided that I have WAAAYY to many girl clothes. I already know what a lot people are going to say: "there's no such thing." I live in a small space and I'm trying to keep it hidden and it's like it's all bursting out from every corner and crevice. There's just way to much of it. So I've decided to downsize but of course that's a problem too, as I'm going through everything, I almost don't want to get rid of anything. I like everything too much. My biggest problem is my pantyhose collection. This also includes some stockings, knee socks, anklets etc. My pantyhose collection needs downsizing the most but I can't really get rid of any them. Can anyone relate to this? What to do?

Violet
11-28-2007, 11:40 AM
I can't personally relate, but is there any way you could organize some of your things in those under-the-bed storage tupperwares? Or you could follow the cardinal GG rule when you have too many clothes: if one item comes in, another must go out. I've had to do that and while it's painful, it works!

Try taking stock, as well. Are some of your pieces starting to look worn or rough around the edges? Do some of your hose have runs? Those would be pieces that would be easier to let go of, because they aren't in the best shape. And you could always send me pretty dresses if you take a Women's 4! (Just kidding! Thought I'd inject a little joke.)

il.dso
11-28-2007, 02:46 PM
Familiar with the problem. In my dreams, all of my beautiful clothes would be in my bedroom closet and drawers, rather than stashed in my secret storage space. Tough to part with anything since they're all so precious.
In the past, when I've had storage issues, I part with really overworn clothes which are not really the right size. I've also had a few slips that get too saggy at the waistband. I get a big bag and donate them to charity. Hopefully, they'll get worn and enjoyed again by another person (male or female) who will enjoy them.
Good luck!
BTW, you have fabulous legs in that photo!

Eugenie
11-28-2007, 03:07 PM
Only my wife complains that I have too much women clothes...

I'm like you, I don't know what to throw away... I've done partly some of it when I lost a lot of weight... That's one good reason to chose to throw away clothes...

Fortunately, since my wife knows about my x-dressing, I've been able to play a different trick: instead of throwing away clothes I doubled the sise of my "women stuff" closet... :heehee:

:hugs:
Eugenie

Deanna2
11-28-2007, 03:43 PM
You are right Jill. A girl can never have too many clothes.

I have a goal in life to liberate as much femme gear as possible from captivity in shops and let them feel free in my closet. The downside of that is that my closet (actually a walk in robe) is getting very full. My wife has asked me several times why I have so many women's clothes, but it defies a rational answer. I just shrug and say they are all so lovely.

As for the pantyhose, you have just to wear them out and don't replenish. You'll soon get the numbers down.

kim85
11-28-2007, 03:44 PM
id say anything that looks the same choose the one you like/feel better in and try to downsize that way. Also anything that has not been worn for a while Id also agree with violet anything that is looking tired to get rid of too. I know the feeling of throwing away when i moved in with my SO i had to half my wardrobe :Pullhair:
Kim
xxx

MarciManseau
11-28-2007, 03:57 PM
After taking a recent inventory, I've decided that I have WAAAYY to many girl clothes. I already know what a lot people are going to say: "there's no such thing." I live in a small space and I'm trying to keep it hidden and it's like it's all bursting out from every corner and crevice. There's just way to much of it. So I've decided to downsize but of course that's a problem too, as I'm going through everything, I almost don't want to get rid of anything. I like everything too much. My biggest problem is my pantyhose collection. This also includes some stockings, knee socks, anklets etc. My pantyhose collection needs downsizing the most but I can't really get rid of any them. Can anyone relate to this? What to do?

Has anyone here ever considered a used clothing exchange? It would be great for girls just beginning, or those looking to purge. That's so wasteful!

Marci :hugs:

Daintre
11-28-2007, 04:01 PM
I think I can relate, I had to downsize earlier this year. All I can really tell you is what I did which was first go through and set aside all clothes that currently do not fit, (this is brutal but necessary) these are the first to go.

Second cull is to rid yourself of clothes that are out of style. If you still haven't cast off enough, then the third go round means that you have to decide what is truly your favorites.....keep no duplicates.

All of these castoffs can be given to a charitable organization.

Lastly, go through your drawers and discard old worn intimates, sweaters, hose and such.

I think you will feel pretty good when this is all done.

Emily Ann Brown
11-28-2007, 04:25 PM
Amazing you should mention this...I have a business, will park my soccer mom van in front of your door and help you toss all those awful clothes into it.

GIGGLE GIGGLE. Seriously, I let go of 6 bags of clothes plus 8 pair of heels recently. I knew of 2 sisters locally who are short on clothing money and my size. It was a treat watching them decide who saw what first.

Emily Ann

Nicole Erin
11-28-2007, 04:40 PM
Amazing you should mention this...I have a business, will park my soccer mom van in front of your door and help you toss all those awful clothes into it.

GIGGLE GIGGLE. Seriously, I let go of 6 bags of clothes plus 8 pair of heels recently. I knew of 2 sisters locally who are short on clothing money and my size. It was a treat watching them decide who saw what first.
Emily Ann

Emily, that is quite cool of you to do that. :happy: On their bahalf, thank you!

My actual CD'ing collection is not a lot, I am one who just does not hang onto things long. Maybe 5 outfits. I have NO problems throwing out stuff I will not use/wear. Pantyhose? I don't enjoy having to toss them but once they are ruined, I get rid of them too.

YOu pretty much have to take a bit at a time and be honest with yourself if you will actually ever wear it again. OR, do some serious organizing if you do not plan on throwing any away. Later on, start getting rid of stuff you don't really want. If you can't decide, then throw out the clothes in bad condition.

Wow, this is tough, you cannot throw out anything, and I cannot hang onto anything. Let me help you clean, I LOVE cleaning out old junk. ;)

Dawn Marie
11-28-2007, 04:51 PM
I love all my clothes and I probably should down size too, but it is easier for me to just get an outside storage unit . It also keeps it out of my wife's sight.
One of these days I'll go thru it and maybe get rid of some, but not now!!:tongueout

marie354
11-28-2007, 05:28 PM
I know what you mean. I think that I've become a clothes wh---! Hehe. My closet is full to the max. Three dressers full as well. And I got several large tubs full of summer stuff.
I did go through some of it today and got rid of all the jeans that I used to wear before I went full time. Who needs jeans now! I'll wear tights & leggins under my skirt if it gets too cold. TeeHeeHee!

Hana
11-28-2007, 05:37 PM
I can relate to this problem in many ways. It use to be i had my old male duds every wear. Not no more!!! Now they are limited since i have finally reached that cross road and ventured out so to speak!! The girl clothes have taken over with abundance and a long overdue new welcome OMG!! I have drawers full of everthing. I had to add a few extra shoe racks to keep up with my clogs, flats, heels, etc... I have nothing but dresses, blouses, slacks, dress suites, slip, gowns, baby dolls, in my closet and it is a blessing... I need a maid to keep up with everthing now! What is a woman to do but just keep shopping and enjoying life!!!

Hana
11-28-2007, 05:48 PM

Did anybody ever let you know you have legs to die for Hun!!!!! I am jealous. You should do a commerical for Stockings!!

daviolin
11-28-2007, 07:15 PM
I have down sized so many time I could just cry. Because everytime I do I always regret it. My space is limited but I allways seem to find another hole to put something in. I know this will probally led to me getting busted. If I could only tell my wife and she would except, I would have all the room in the world to keep all the lovelly outfits my little heart desires.:love:Daviolin

Toni Shelton
11-28-2007, 07:42 PM
BOX IT UP... I'll Be right there. OH WELL..... Too Far. I can understand not having enough room. My wife and I have a whole room full of our clothes. Mostly ...................MINE!!!!!!!!!
Sounds like time for more room, Good luck.

Trudyann
11-28-2007, 08:36 PM
Because my wife wont let me spend on dresses and such, too much of those things are not a prroblem. But...I do have at least 80 pair of panties she doesn't know about, that's no problem either.Trudyanne

Jeannie
11-28-2007, 08:46 PM
Let me tell you, I have way to many nighties. I rarely sleep in them but I tell myself one day I'm going to need them. Some of them I haven't worn in 3 years. I also keep telling myself that I need to get rid of them but, they are still here. It's hard to downsize I know how you feel.

Jeannie

PS: I don't wear them to bed for respect to my SO. She lets me dress when ever I want to so why spoil a good thing.

Sinthia
11-28-2007, 08:58 PM
I have dibs on the black dress in your avatar.

Carly D.
11-29-2007, 01:15 PM
I can feel how you feel... with me it is shoes, god love them... I have my own rule of how much "stuff" I will allow myself to have.. I have a 27 gallon tote that is my limit.. everything I (Carly) own fits mostly in there.. and I say mostly because there is a little bit of a run-off that I allow myself with the idea that if I had someone come by I could stash this extra in the bottom of a trashcan covered by a trash bag to hide it.. this is the "C" team of clothing, the stuff I would throw out but just can't, unless of course there was an emergency or... you know, the sudden "purge urge".... and that includes a few runny pairs of pantyhose and some rather stretched out tights and a rarely worn skirt and some low heeled heels... they fit, and I like to wear them but I really love my high heels..

Jocelyn Quivers
11-29-2007, 11:20 PM
I have the same problem, my solution has been just to throw my male clothes in a pile on the floor to make room for my more important clothing items.

Kathrynn
11-29-2007, 11:28 PM
What sizes do you have? in everything, maybe if the right size i will help you out
Kathrynn