PDA

View Full Version : What it the contribution of Crossdressers to human development

Hali
11-28-2007, 02:17 PM
Hi all i dont know what it your opinion on the contribution of CDs in human existance, these contributions can be in terms of economics (to female fashion designers, cosmetic frenchise e.t.c) and also interms of increasing fun in human curiocity as to "wondering who we are" by non CDs...hey am kinda stuck, thats wy i want to know what you feel are our contributions currently and wat will be our contribution in future.

Marla S
11-28-2007, 02:43 PM
Wow, that's a question !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We will prevent that tights and stockings die out :D

We contribute to the entertainment industry.

As a minority we are able to work for more tolerance in a society.

Hm???

Eugenie
11-28-2007, 03:21 PM
Very interesting question indeed...

From an evolutionary point of view x-dressers must have had some adaptive value otherwise the condition wouldn't have strived as it has over centuries, and perhaps more...

It is worth looking into that question more in depth...

If a behavior isn't adaptive, in a generalised Darwinian analysis, it will disapear. Note that there is no value associated to adaptive behaviors, they just seem to be more resistant to the environmental conditions they have to face...

:hugs:
Eugenie

Kate Simmons
11-28-2007, 03:43 PM
Introspection for one thing.:happy:

Lisa Elaine
11-28-2007, 04:05 PM
I feel that I have the best of both worlds, so to speak. Blurring the gender line allows for enlightenment of one's own nature, and quite honestly is a way for me to connect more with the women in my life. (Even though most of them don't know what I do in private). So as far as a contribution, perhaps we bring an enlightened awareness and compassion to our fellow human beings?

JenniferR771
11-28-2007, 04:08 PM
Very interesting question indeed...

From an evolutionary point of view x-dressers must have had some adaptive value otherwise the condition wouldn't have strived as it has over centuries, and perhaps more...

It is worth looking into that question more in depth...

If a behavior isn't adaptive, in a generalised Darwinian analysis, it will disapear. Note that there is no value associated to adaptive behaviors, they just seem to be more resistant to the environmental conditions they have to face...

Eugenie

Eugenie,
I agree (you must be a biologist, like me). If crossdressing persists in a population--it must therefore have some value in survival of the species. What value? How could this work?

Does crossdressing occur at the same frequency in all countries and cultures? At all periods in history?

Emily Ann Brown
11-28-2007, 04:11 PM
If you are looking for an answer regarding us as a "people" I'm not sure there is an answer. We are black, white, asian, hispanic, etc. We are doctors, engineers, architects, businesswomen, musicians, etc. There is no stock dresser.

Emily Ann

charllote34
11-28-2007, 04:25 PM
What a fantastic question , im no biologist and no scientist but i would say that cross dressing evolves from a longing for something that we need to have to be the people we are . its more a mental state than one of adaptation to ones surrondings, the very mention of Darwin makes me think that as human beings cross dressing is a evolutionary thing that mentally we need to have .As a species have we physically reached our finished developent ? the mental develoment is one that will continue and to me crossdressing is a part of that .

Joanne f
11-28-2007, 04:28 PM
We are the next step in the evolution of humans when all will be a bit like hermaphrodite's.

joanne

Nicole Erin
11-28-2007, 04:31 PM
If you are looking for an answer regarding us as a "people" I'm not sure there is an answer. We are black, white, asian, hispanic, etc. We are doctors, engineers, architects, businesswomen, musicians, etc. There is no stock dresser.

Emily Ann

Interesting, no there isn't a "stock" CD. One time I even saw this homeless guy who was into CD'ing. Wasn't very pretty, had a beard, but there was the blouse, lipstick, and woman hat. Kinda made me realise that we do come from ALL walks of life.

And it is possible that we keep certain fashions from comeletely dieing, like hosiery. I imagine we buy a good percentage.
Jennifer, I think CD'ing probably existed since shortly after the dawn of man. Think of this - when man was making up the bible, it is mentioned [deutoronomy 22.5]. That had to have been hundreds of years ago, even with it's modern interpretations.

In many ways, our CD'ing has helped the economy. Maybe a small percent, but I have spent more than a few $$$ for clothes/makeup/books about...

AND, as a CD and admirer, I say CD's contribute to the beauty of the world. :love: We are so pretty.

jenniferj
11-28-2007, 05:35 PM
The contribution may be more subtle and significant than simple economics.

I do not have (nor know of) any valid statistics, but I have read that CDs tend to make good and faithful husbands. This may be because of a broader outlook on relationships, or on a reduced male imperative to stray brought about by the same factors that lead to crossdressing in the first place.

Or it may be pap. It would be interesting to do a poll of our forum to see how many of us have had long term happy marriages, how many have had affairs and such to see how we compare to the society as a whole. Obviously, there are so many filtering factors that it should be done by somebody with professional experience. Anybody need a Master's thesis?

But if it is true that we make statistically better husbands and fathers, we have our evolutionary advantage. Our children would be better prepared for their adulthoods as a result of their upbringing and thus prosper and have more children than the average. And the genes get passed on.

Of course, this assumes that crossdressing has a genetic cause rather than an environmental.

-jj

Lucy Bright
11-28-2007, 05:42 PM
It would be interesting to do a poll of our forum to see how many of us have had long term happy marriages, how many have had affairs and such to see how we compare to the society as a whole. Obviously, there are so many filtering factors that it should be done by somebody with professional experience. Anybody need a Master's thesis?

Not me! But it would be a complicated calculation, given that the very fact of crossdressing - or rather the fact that so many people react badly to it - has caused a good many break-ups.

Hmm, looking down the other end of the telescope, it makes me wonder what evolutionary purpose is served by the taboo against crossdressing. If we start from the assumption that people (i.e. men and women) are more alike than not, it's the rabid policing of gender boundaries that really needs explanation, rather than the fact that some people choose to cross them.

Kisses,

Lucy

Lilith Moon
11-28-2007, 06:00 PM
Eugenie,
I agree (you must be a biologist, like me). If crossdressing persists in a population--it must therefore have some value in survival of the species. What value? How could this work?

Not necessarily. It could be a spin off..a side effect...of some other trait that is of value but by itself has neutral or even negative value.

Stephanie Scott
11-28-2007, 09:22 PM
Hmmmmm...good question. I imagine the answer about contributions differs depending upon the person.

For me, I hope to be able to glorify God in a way that is different in "girl mode" than I'm hopefully able to do in regular "guy mode." Having a strong girl side helps me to worship God with my heart and emotions as well as my head and logic.

Also, I hope that it makes me a more sensitive and understanding husband and father who is better able to recognize and meet his family's needs. Since exploring my femininity, I better understand the importance of things like body image, physical and emotional security, romance, et al to women. (I also know why it's important to have matching underwear and shoes for every outfit! :-))

I still don't always execute well with the application of my increased knowledge, but hopefully I'm taking "baby-steps" to get there.

charlie
11-28-2007, 09:36 PM
I don't really think we make a grand contribution to society as the society thinks of us as freaks and people to be scorned. I do belielve we keep the shoe manufacturers making ladies size 11, 12, and 13 in wide high heels! Maybe even keep the hosiery lines selling more hose then they would! Natural ladies (GG) certainly try not to wear hose and high heels at all.

Sally2005
11-29-2007, 12:37 AM
What is the contribution of a female or male? A child or grandparent?

Pretty hard to answer really. Maybe we are all equally to blame or credit for the state of the big picture. I think it is because girls just want to have fun.

SweetCaroline
11-29-2007, 01:48 AM
It depends on what you mean.

Last I heard "human development" was an oxymoron, and wasn't the prime focus of most of the people on this planet.

Denise Barrett
11-29-2007, 02:41 AM
Hi sosoft,:hugs:

Don’t understand the question. I’m not sure any of us contribute to the world anything more than what anyone else contributes, after all, we’re just people. However, our struggle to be accepted, for who we are, can be equated to the struggles of so many in the past attempting the same thing; women to get the vote, blacks to get equality of rights, the early voyagers to the new world trying to obtain religious freedom. In that respect, we are contributing to the efforts of some other group in the future who are seeking equality for whatever condition they are in. Actually, I guess it was a very good question after all.

With all my love and respect,:love:
Denise

Eugenie
11-29-2007, 03:37 AM
Eugenie,

Does crossdressing occur at the same frequency in all countries and cultures? At all periods in history?

Hi Jennifer,

I'm not a biologist but I've done some research on evolutionary processes in a very broad sense (genetic and evolutionary psychology) concerning populations such as people with autism. I know some have done similar studies with people with mental halth problems.

In both cases these people seem to have an adaptive value to the group, hence the persistance of these populations.

Contact me via PM if you want to know more about that research.

I assume that a similar research could be done for x-dressing. It seems indeed to be a pervasive behavior. In some cultures it is even "mainstreamed" and codified. Feminielli in Southern Italy, period of life in some Amazonian tribes, shamanism in some Gaelic cultures...

Since I think that there is a genetic basis, combined with environmental causes also, it must have existed since very long. But I know of no serious research in that domain.

Eugenie

MAJESTYK
11-29-2007, 08:56 AM
A twist on the question. What do each of us as Cd's do for the world and humanity? I have tried to contribute as much as I can. It doesntt have to be while dressed. We are who we are no matter how we look.

Hali
12-02-2007, 02:55 PM
Its interesting to read your reactions girls. I think CDs will be the most "priced" item in future. when we advance in GENETIC engineering humans will be designed as CDs deliberately, cos CDs rule! No offence, but passable CDs are more desirable i guess, he he he.

But girls i need statictics, for example how much does CD industry cost...like i read in one of the news on the net that some cosmetic designers in Britain (UK) hav already started designing items for men who like to dress en femme once in a while or Metrosexual men (correct me if am wrong), example of these items are eye pencil and concealers. What about movies, like in India many CDs are making it, and seeing CDs always raises eye brows thats wat most men and women say...cos they just dont get it (as to why we dress).

One last thing, CDs will rule in future cos they can work in many works-of-life...as men or women especially if there are shortage of staff occasionally one of "us" can switch into a lovely female secretary (passable CD will do very nicely here...sorry!!)

What remain for us CDs is to be accepted very well in public ....for us to be seen as FUN, LOVING...INTELLIGENT...and having the experience of beign a female and a male once in while, like many of us are victims of near RAPE or out right rape..so we can know how a rape victim might have felt and so on ....i can go on and on. so our next assignment, (all CDs) is to make sure that we contribute in creating a CD friendly society where ever we are...oh sorry for taking most of your time ...ladies thanx.

Sinthia
12-02-2007, 03:12 PM
From what I have heard, everyone wore 'dresses' at first. When man began riding horses is when pants came into being. The horse hair was too rough on the skin.

On a personal level, crossressing is great for my mental health. And we all know that most ills are 'mental'.

As for the business world, we girls 'Rock the cash registers'!

And in general, as the years roll on by, I notice more 'uni-sex' articles of clothing than before. Hopefully, that will go to dresses and skirts.