PDA

View Full Version : self image

ginagurl
04-08-2005, 03:20 AM
I'm just wondering: how do you girls see yourselves? Personally, when I look in the mirror, I know that I'm looking at my male self with blue eyes, blonde hair, etc., but I still see myself as a Green eyed Redhead with long beautiful legs, firm C breasts, and a nice firm rear.

Shy Charlotte
04-08-2005, 03:53 AM
I think I may have mentioned it a long time ago, but the fact remains that I think that whenever we look in the mirror what we see is our ideal woman, and I think alot of us look past the flaws and see whatever attributes we have.

I had a head-butt with reality sometime last year, after I came out to my previous girlfriend, and she actually found it to be somewhat of a turn on. I'd get dressed up, then she'd get dressed up, and then we'd have a little romp. The problem was that there was a full length mirror on the side of the door that I passed as we were headed for the bed, and once I caught a glimpse of the two of us side by side. Suddenly I realized that compared to her I just looked like a guy in a dress; all broad shouldered, pudgy, manly, big-footed, 5'11" of me next to a petite 5'4" girl that I had to fight to keep men off of. I quickly felt more like a foolish man in a dress than the sultry gothic vixen I was just a minute prior. It pretty much took alot of the oomph out of dressing and kinda sucked the mood out of me for a year.

I think that self perception is like looking at puffy clouds. We all have seen ourselves in the mirror more often than we can remember, and as a result it's often hard enough to see ourselves objectively when we're in drab. When we're all femmed out we see what we want to see I suppose. Or from a different angle maybe we're just seeing ourselves for the first time, and we're seeing our good points without all the baggage.

Tristen Cox
04-08-2005, 04:03 AM
This was brought up a few days ago and I posted this link to the original thread.

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1432

My answer lies there.

Stormgirl
04-08-2005, 05:20 AM
I see a hideous pompous grosteque person in the mirror.

mand
04-08-2005, 05:28 AM
When I look in the mirror or at a photo of myself I can't help seeing the bloke, Arrgghh I wish I didn't but I'm affraid I do.

love mand xxx

Tristen Cox
04-08-2005, 05:34 AM
I see a hideous pompous grosteque person in the mirror.
That's the window, I'm standing right outside :eek:

Carrah
04-08-2005, 05:53 AM
Yeah, I'm afraid I see the man in drab look, too. I have a somewhat crooked nose from boxing years (decades) ago. I have a small, thin upper lip, a Kirk Douglas chin dimple, and so on. My body I seem to have managed to a point by utilzing "D" cup forms to minimize shoulder width, but the striations in my arms are still an issue.

But, then I have to remind myself it's not so much about passing or not passing for me, it's about having fun, managing stress, and adding color to my life. I do feel I am close to being able to pass in the yard at a distance from passing cars. It's about enjoying the variety of available fabrics and textures women's clothing offers over mens. And, to a degree, it's about messing with a hobby that is somewhat less than popular, which kind of appeals to most people - it does me, anyway.

I recently (yesterday) died the hair on my forearms blond. I was just tired of the appearence the black hair on my forearms had, especially when I took a shower; it looked like mud running down my arms. I am very pleased with the blond hair now, as it (believe it or not) looks quite natural and certainly no where near as noticable. In fact, my girlfriend didn't notice it at all until I pointed it out to her.

Anyway, I do feel I look quite foolish at times. More than how I feel, though, is my interest in how my girlfriend perceives me; does she see me as looking as foolish as I see myself? That does concern me. But then, there are a few mornings here and there when she doesn't look all that great, either...

Jeanette H
04-08-2005, 06:38 AM
The great problem of tranny existence is how to capture what you see in the mirror...

Sharon
04-08-2005, 09:46 AM
How I look in the mirror to myself really seems to be tied to what my mood is on a particular day. If I'm just having a so-so, or worse, day, then I see a male in drag looking back at me. But on those days that the sun is shining and the birds singing (metaphorically speaking here folks), then I feel absolutely gorgeous.
I just need more good days.

Richelle
04-08-2005, 10:37 AM
I agree with Sharon. How I see myself is tied to my mood. I generaly pass when out enfemme. So I feel that I look like an average tall 50+ year old women.

However, if I have had a situation where I feel that I did not pass. Then I fell like a man in a dress. And like Shy Charlotte, it sort of sucks the good fibes out of corssdressing.

Richelle

How I look in the mirror to myself really seems to be tied to what my mood is on a particular day.

Wendy me
04-08-2005, 02:54 PM
before i started growing my hair longer i would look and see this guy looking at me in a wig , now with my hair growing even when not dressed i can see her looking out a little more . without the fake hair and boobs she starting to be peeking out a little more all the time........

Priscilla1018
04-08-2005, 03:21 PM
I see a guy with a full beard again,at my wifes request.But the hair is growing much longer and will soon be all mine.The shoulders can't be hidden.It's really not what we see in the mirror that is the really important thing;it's what we see in our heart.Priscilla is there and always will be,she's an equal partner to the guy with the beard.

Love and Hugs,
Priscilla