PDA

View Full Version : told my roommate!

CatAttack
11-29-2007, 12:33 PM
so i told my roommate just like 30 min ago. he took it pretty well and he isnt offended or disgusted or anything. he said it was straight with him, but he did say that he'd be wierded out if i were to dress up in front of him (but if he were to 'catch' me in the act, it wouldnt be a surprise to him)... but im really glad i told him! our friendship didnt falter and now i dont have to feel sketched out when im in the dorm. :):)

Nicole Erin
11-29-2007, 04:49 PM
That is cool. Altho don't be surprised if he acts stupid later.
A lot of our "supporters" and those who are "cool" with it will act rude about it next time we are having a problem with them.

lisa_e_love
11-29-2007, 04:55 PM
Congrats on having a confidant!

kim85
11-29-2007, 05:46 PM
congrats on it going well

MarciManseau
11-29-2007, 06:00 PM
Is he cute? :D

CatAttack
11-29-2007, 06:07 PM
thanks everyone for all your support!! i couldnt have done it without you girls! this forum has given me so much more confidence and insight into who i really am. i hope only the best for everyone.

him being cool with it is such a relief! and he hasnt treated me any differently or anything like that. we went to lunch today to meet this girl who is a common friend of ours and well.. i guess it was just pretty normal haha but it was great and we still get along fine. i just feel like i have nothing to hide and i havent felt that way in a long time! :)

and mllerin, i'll keep in mind what you said, but i dont think he'd ever use it to hurt my feelings, just because he's the type of guy who would avoid hurting/offending someone at all costs, and ive never gotten into an argument with him about anything because we always end up agreeing, or agreeing to disagree. but i will be wary of others that i encounter, so thanks for the heads up!

AllieSF
11-29-2007, 07:37 PM
Way to go Katty. Try going very slow with your roommate, like is always recommended too others who have come out to their SOs. You just told him, so he needs time to let it sink in and then see if he really does accept it. He then needs to learn to live with that. Maybe over time he will be able to see you dressed. My recommendation is to wait for that moment. Good luck and thanks for sharing.

Holly
11-29-2007, 07:55 PM
Well done, Katty. Have you and your roommate been friends for a long time?

CatAttack
11-29-2007, 10:01 PM
Well done, Katty. Have you and your roommate been friends for a long time?

well actually ive only known him for a few months. but i felt that i had to be honest since we are living together and it was better than getting caught and having to explain, since i would be in control.

but it would be great if he could one day not mind seeing me dressed, so i wont have to wait for when he's gone!

Gemma1968
11-30-2007, 03:01 AM
Just keep reminding him that you like to dress and maybe he will come round to the idea. You never know, he might secretly want to try it but is too embarrassed to admit it.

Mollyanne
11-30-2007, 04:43 AM
Hi Katty, GOOD 4 YOU HUN, GOOD 4 YOU!!!!!! This alone takes a whole lot of stress out. I can't say for sure, but I think once he sees you "dressed" he will really accept you.

:love: Mollyanne

CatAttack
11-30-2007, 02:49 PM
mollyanne you're very right i feel like a huge burden is gone! and i feel great. i dunno if im gonna push the dressing thing on him just yet but like gemma suggested im gonna bring it up every now and then to remind him. like today, we joked about it. i was telling him about how i started talking to this really fine girl today and then moved onto the subject of girls in general. and i said something like "i think its just so much fun to start talking to a girl and see if you can get her number" and he looks at me with a big grin when i said "i think its just so much fun to.." and then afterwards he was like "oh i thought you were gonna say something else." so to this i replied "yea, i mean its nothing compared to crossdressing." and he says "oh yea, thats the best!"
we were just joking but it was really awesome being able to joke about it. feels good! i think one day he willl be able to seeing me dressed.