PDA

View Full Version : did you have feminine traits before your realized your where a CD?

kymmieLorain
11-30-2007, 11:04 AM
I was just thinking last night,(I know scary) but how many of us had feminine traits even before you realize you where a CD?

I can remember wanting my hair feathered when I got a hair cut. as far back as I remember I have sat on my feet or curled my legs up while sitting.
Getting lingerie catalogs and telling my mother I was collecting them.
Wanting to play dressup? but never did

Anyone else remember feminine traits before you realized?

Kymmie

Patti Girl
11-30-2007, 11:46 AM
It was my (second) wife telling me that she (and others in her family) have always noticed feminine traits in me that gave me a push to recognize my femininity and accept my desire to dress.

After than, it went from a sexual fetish to a "this is right" feeling.

Patti

Ðarissa
11-30-2007, 11:56 AM
Yeah when I was a little kid me and my cousin would play house and sometimes I got to be the wife, which was her idea. I didn't know why at the time but I liked it very much. This didn't include any dressing up though.

Also I wanted to play with barbie dolls and only got to play with them when my cousin left hers at my place. It sucked when she took them home and I had to stick with the GI Joes again. LOL.

I also wanted to grow my hair long. My hair is very curly and when I was little my female relatives would alway comment on how they would love to have my hair. Little did they know I wanted to grow it long and have pink bows in it or put it up in a ponytail or braid it. :heehee: I'm still peeved I never got to do that. :(

dskin
11-30-2007, 11:57 AM
I had crossed my legs as my mother would say "as a woman." They lean to one side and always opposite of who is sitting across from me.Wearing panties when i was 7-8 yrs. and had tucked in my early teens.Pantyhose wearer also in teens.:heehee:

sissystephanie
11-30-2007, 11:59 AM
When I was real young (couple of centuries ago!), my sister and I would stay at Grandma's house after school until our Dad came home. Grandma would give a dress(only type of spare clothes she had) to wear so I would not get my school clothes dirty. I wore the dress and played dolls with my sister and her friends. When I got older I sometimes wore my sisters panties. So I guess I have always had feminine traits. My lat wife loved then, and I believe my sweet GGF does also.

Sissy/Stephanie

Girl on the outside, man underneath

katieblush
11-30-2007, 01:05 PM
Well i remember walking on tip toe around the house all the time at a early age my father did not find this amusing.Playing make up, reading girls comics.funny thing is my youngest girl walks on tip toe seeing her walk that way gave me a little blast from the past.

Niya W
11-30-2007, 01:39 PM
lets lets see I had some of the gestures. How I sat. And the biggie was the words I used .
I once had a SO of CD tell me I had great fem gestures and that i must of practice allot. I was um pratice no. then she gave me a weird look.

Lanore
11-30-2007, 01:43 PM
I can remember when I was at a neighbors house, I believe I was in the first grade, and I said I had to pee. His mom accidentily opened the bathroom door and I was sitting down. She told me that was how girls did it and I was a boy. It just felt so natural for me as did other things in my life.

Lanore

Mitch23
11-30-2007, 02:02 PM
oh yes, forgotten about the lingerie catalogues - all those beautiful women wearing those delicious foundation garments and sneaking off to wear my mums!

looking at photos recently of me as a teenager i was very girlie, wore my hair long, tight jeans with flares, tunic tops and heels

mitch

kateyliz
11-30-2007, 02:16 PM
I remember wanting to wear those "pretty clothes" long before I knew anything about masculine vs. feminine. I was disappointed when I wasn't allowed. Hugs, Kathy

MarciManseau
11-30-2007, 02:19 PM
Now that I think of it, I guess I did. I've always sat with my legs under me at times, and I'm sure my gestures were very feminine, as was my use of words - I'd say I love something when most men and boys say they like things.

I can still remember like it was yesterday when my mother's friends would tell me that I had lovely long lashes that were wasted on a boy, and another said my earlobes were perfect for earrings. Is it normal for women to tell a boy things like that?

I wonder if my mother told them that I loved to wear my sister's clothes at home and pretend to be a girl. I somehow doubt it as she was always asking me to stop, and my sister to stop helping me. We would quit for a day or two, but then I'd be back in cute pink shorts and a lacy top, with her panties and bra on under them, wearing make-up and jewelry. My sister and I both much preferred me as Marci, and as mom wasn't around a lot (dad left when we were tiny), we just did what we wanted most days.

Being a girl has always felt so natural to me.

Hugs 'n kisses, Marci :hugs:

Julogden
11-30-2007, 02:30 PM
I had never heard the term crossdresser or transvestite until I was (I think) 19 or so, but I was dressing in mom's clothes and wanting to be a girl ever since I was a tiny kid, memories of that go back to when I was 3 or 4.

I had no idea that I was anything with a fancy name, just a boy who wanted to look like and be a girl.

And yes, as a child, I was described as being beautiful a few times, by women of course, made me feel uncomfortable and good at the same time.

Carol

Susan.
11-30-2007, 06:42 PM
No, was never feminine early on. A regular little boy who played baseball, football and had a BB gun.

Deborah Jane
11-30-2007, 06:56 PM
I grew up in the seventies Glam Rock era, so i had long hair and got to play with makeup regularly!! [I also wore my mums and sisters undies too but no one knew..I think]!!

docrobbysherry
11-30-2007, 06:59 PM
No, and I don't think I am now. It's still a complete shock to me, to Sherry in the mirror and pics. I often find her so incredibly exotic and exciting. The thought that she is really me, even after years with her, still blows me away sometimes!
RS

Nicole Erin
11-30-2007, 07:19 PM
Well yeah.
I always got old I threw like a girl when playing sports. Or I carried my books like a girl. I ran like a girl. I didn't mean to.

When I was in elementary, there was this store called "Blocks" [Similar store to JCPenney, but now out of business] by our home, and when I wandered around in there, I wanted to look at the women's clothes but was to nervous to be caught. [They were so classy and pretty] I would have given my right arm for a shopping spree at Parklane Hosiery [also defunct.]

I got caught with pantyhose a few times growing up. In 6th grade, some of the girls wore black reebok tennies, and I wanted some SO bad. Never got. The shoes were so cute I thought. I used to love wearing my spandex shorts, I thought they made me look cute. [I no longer have the figure to wear skin tight anything]

I used to like female singers. During 7th grade... Now this is embarrasing to say, but I loved Debbie Gibson. QUIT LAUGHING! :mad: And the song "Breakout" by Swing out Sister, I always liked it cause of her feminine voice. I would dance around all flamboyant and sing it. Quit laughing DAMNIT! :mad: I have not done that in like 20....days. And off the Movie "Beat Street" [198X] there was a song called "Us girls". I was in 4th grade and once was singing it aloud. "...Cause I'm a girl, and I know I can dance..." My friend looked over and yelled "You're a girl?"

Gyod i cannot believe I am sharing this. :o Someone tell me they had it worse than I did?

wishonastar
11-30-2007, 07:32 PM
Always sit with my legs crossed or I sit on them crossed like a girl. I too remember my grandmother telling me to sit like a boy. I suppress those feelings through childhood.

In grade school I envied girls and their long hair and pretty dresses. I wanted a doll house and Raggedy Ann like my sister. As an adult I wanted breasts, I still feel like they are “missing”, weird is it not?

I can find my self walking like a woman with my hand open to my side. I have to consciously stop it.

When I am with women friends I feel like their “girl friend” not a male friend.

I do not have the time or privacy to CD, wish I did. Sometimes I just feel I should be a woman except I do not like men and I would not want a lesbian relationship with a woman. I suspect that is why they call it gender confused!

charlie
11-30-2007, 07:32 PM
Although I enjoyed sneaking around wearing girls clothes every now and again, I really did not have to dress nor did I have any girlish traits. My real dressing started about 6 months ago however, and now I find myself thinking and acting feminine. I have to put on my male brain and female brain depending on where I am. Those crossover thoughts just happen!

Trudyann
11-30-2007, 07:57 PM
When I was in grade school I was never interested in playing with the boys. While they played football or baseball, I had more fun playing house with the girls. In school I always would have liked to take classes the girls took but was too shy to say anything.

Cara Allen
11-30-2007, 08:03 PM
Oh, sure!

I used to catch myself standing a certain way, or getting excited and gesturing a certian way... Got my ass kicked once or twice as a kid, then figured out what I was doing "Wrong" and corrected my behavior. You get reprogrammed.

Cara

Samantha43
11-30-2007, 08:16 PM
I have never had any feminine traits. When I was young I was rough just like the rest of the boys. Sometimes I wonder where my CDing desire comes from. I try to act feminine when I am all dolled up, and just can't pull it off. It feels very awkward.

Cara Allen
11-30-2007, 08:17 PM
I have never had any feminine traits. When I was young I was rough just like the rest of the boys. Sometimes I wonder where my CDing desire comes from. I try to act feminine when I am all dolled up, and just can't pull it off. It feels very awkward.

Why do you think that is? Are you self concious, or nervous? From your appearance, you have not a thing to worry about.

Samantha43
11-30-2007, 08:27 PM
Why do you think that is? Are you self concious, or nervous? From your appearance, you have not a thing to worry about.

I don't know. I have a very accepting and helpful wife who has worked with me without much success. It is kind of like dancing for me, I just can't get the hang of it. I have always been athletic and very coordinated, but it doesn't seem to register in my mind. I am not self concious or nervous. To the contrary, I feel very comfortable and really like the way I look. I don't leave the house dressed for a variety of reasons so it really isn't an issue, but I think it would make the experience much better if I felt and acted feminine.

ronna
11-30-2007, 08:49 PM
Well I hear a lot of you talking about your actions and mannerisms but the question was about traits. So I will answer the question: I had full, red lips, long, curly eyelashes, shiny, wavy hair, puffy nipples, a hairless chest, larger hips than chest, well, you get the picture, they called me "fem", but it wasn't my fault.

It is now.

Cara Allen
11-30-2007, 08:59 PM
I don't know. I have a very accepting and helpful wife who has worked with me without much success. It is kind of like dancing for me, I just can't get the hang of it. I have always been athletic and very coordinated, but it doesn't seem to register in my mind. I am not self concious or nervous. To the contrary, I feel very comfortable and really like the way I look. I don't leave the house dressed for a variety of reasons so it really isn't an issue, but I think it would make the experience much better if I felt and acted feminine.

I agree! I think that if you could get the hang of it, you would enjoy it, much more, too!

I think that you need to get oin the right mind set, and start slowly.

Work on a flowing hand gesture, until you get it right. fingers extended and bend at the wrist... not swish, but f-l-o-w-i-n-g. Graceful.

Next, try sitting (always with crossed legs!) then move on to something more difficult, like walking.

Be deliberate when you do these things, until you get it down... that means that you purposefully consider what you are about to do. "Alright, I am going to sit down... turn my butt to the chair, legs together, reach behind me with both hands open palmed, smooth my skirt as I cross my ankles, bending at the knee and butt, keeping my head and torso erect, I ease down, finishing with my calves crossed, and my feet poised properly, now my hands open palmed, in my lap.

Most women have this down, and make it look simple. A good short cut is to remamber the old thing about practicing posture with a book on your head. The point being that you always keep your head erect, and your torso straight. Mom's break their daughters in by constantly nagging them to "stop slouching! Sit up straight!"

Slowly... Don't rush it! Do this 20 times, then come back again later, and try it again. You will get this. It is not rocket science! :love:

Samantha43
11-30-2007, 09:49 PM
Thank you for the tips Cara. Those are some good tips and will give me some motivation. I'll also keep getting tips from my wife. Practice makes perfect! :hugs:

Cara Allen
11-30-2007, 11:15 PM
Thank you for the tips Cara. Those are some good tips and will give me some motivation. I'll also keep getting tips from my wife. Practice makes perfect! :hugs:

You are welcome. By the way, your posture is perfect in your photos!

CathyKR
12-01-2007, 03:01 AM
Wanting to have my ears pierced from an early age; wanting to grow my nails long from an early age; wanting to have long hair. Admiring my sister's and her friends' clothes. Whenever I went into a clothes shop, always gravitating towards the female clothing. All this before I realised I was a CD.

Bethany_Anne_Fae
12-01-2007, 03:08 AM
Well I hear a lot of you talking about your actions and mannerisms but the question was about traits. So I will answer the question: I had full, red lips, long, curly eyelashes, shiny, wavy hair, puffy nipples, a hairless chest, larger hips than chest, well, you get the picture, they called me "fem", but it wasn't my fault.

It is now.

Yes, My sister and I always believed we were born in the wrong bodies, and my face when neutral (even though we were twins) resembled a womans face... especially my cheeks lol

Stormgirl
12-01-2007, 03:18 AM
I think that I was just too young to really remember

Raychel
12-01-2007, 08:30 AM
As far as I know from what I see,

I have never had any feminine characteristics.
All man here, just sometimes in a dress.
Doesn't make alot of sence does it. :p

Nicole Erin
12-01-2007, 10:03 AM
I imagine some of the ladies had more feminine characteristics than they realize. Girlish things they did probably just seemed natural so they don't even know they did them.

Lucy Bright
12-01-2007, 02:42 PM
Today I had the strange experience of seeing myself as a contestant on a TV [sic] quiz show. I had no idea I sounded so effeminate! And to myself (though no one else, probably) I seemed to be very obviously putting on all the expected expressions of a man in my situation, with eyes looking for escape - in fact, frankly shifty. This was recorded months ago, and I already feel rather distant from that guy on the screen.

Immediately afterwards a female colleague rang up - she hadn't seen the show - and said, apropos of our treatment by a manager, "You're now an honorary woman!"

"That's how I've always thought of myself," I said.

I wonder how much she guesses? I've known her for 17 years, after all, even if not intimately.

Kisses,

Lucy

kymmieLorain
12-02-2007, 02:56 AM
YEah I never realized that sitting on my feet was a feminine thing until my auto shop teacher mentioned it.

Kymmie

Jazzmine
12-02-2007, 05:03 AM
Never had any particular outward feminine traits because I do physically demanding competitive sports where my masculine side shines. No room to play at being feminine.

When I'm dressed I naturally feel and act feminine but it's more a softening of my normal self. Actually I prefer the feminine or softer approach and have made a point of becoming more gender neutral or natural at all times.

I do not think there is much difference between feminine and masculine behaviour if you can master approaching life from your heart and soul.
The more spiritual I become the more relaxed, peaceful and graceful my behaviour becomes which is appealing to both my masculine and feminine desires. Trying to be too masculine or too feminine upsets this special balance.

:hugs: Jazzmine

Ms_Judys_pet
12-02-2007, 07:02 AM
Let's see... i'm not sure of what things happened at what ages...
i do know i've been bi since the first sexual fantasies. There are a number of things i used to attribute to my gender preferences not my crossdressing.

i was getting into my sisters under wear at a young age, grade schoolish.
i've been self conscious of my hand movements and gestures since i was in middle school or a little earlier. The way i held my wrists and used my hands were not appropriate for men. It was mentioned once or twice, became an obsession to avoid, now i just let it happen. Shaking hands, someone commented on the way i shook hands one time. It too turned into something i 'trained' myself to do and obsessively monitored for ages, still monitor that one.
i never did like eye contact, used to credit it to my being submissive, but i've realized that could also tie to mid 60's girl traits.
i preferred playing with the girls in the neighborhood.
i never liked sports. The more contact involved, the less i liked them. Also hated any sport requiring coordination. i still can't hit a ball with the broadside of a barn. i have trouble catching balls when they are sitting on the shelf. (There's a joke or two in there but i'm behaving myself...)
i wanted to learn to sew when i was a kid, Ma refused to teach me any more than putting on patches for boy scout uniforms. (We won't mention how much i was pushed into boy scouts.) Eventually i learned to sew on my own. i do clothing and counted cross stitch, actually better than my sister.
i had long hair in middle school. Ma insisted on bangs! What the heck was the deal with bangs in the 70's.
My sister picked up all the male hobbies. She hunts, races motorcycles, etc. i sew, do historical research, love libraries (almost became a librarian). i think the only hobbies i have that could be considered basically male, are the revolutionary war reenacting and model railroading.

So girl traits, I had a few, and looking back, there are things i'm sure were done to push me to the more masculine side of the equation. Girls can be tom boys but boys can't be sissies...

By the way, i have long hair again. Been growing it for the year since i retired from the Air National Guard. No Bangs!!

susie