PDA

View Full Version : Shopping part 2

Halo
04-08-2005, 02:11 PM
Finally got to go shopping for skirts, dresses and tops with my SO (who is now a member here :) Hi, hun :p)

It didn't quite go to plan - there were more people around than I would have liked and I was very nervous about seeing anyone we knew in there. We're not the same clothes size at all, which makes it slightly tougher. My nervousness rubbed off on her and we kind of abandoned it after 2 skirts and one top.

One of the skirts is perfect, other is one size too big - no problem to exchange for smaller size. The top is too small, though, and too short. I hadn't considered that my height would be a problem for tops :(

Topless it is, then :D

I hope the shopping thing gets easier, though, as it was quite a lot of fun in between the scarey bits. I hate women's shoes in shops, though. Saw some really nice ones that go all the way up to an 8 (I'm a 10 or 11 UK)

Like2BAspen
04-08-2005, 02:20 PM
I felt the same way but the more tat went into the cart the easier it got.I/Aspen really got into it Aspen felt like atotal valley gurl When I was picking out make up a little girl kept watching me. I bet her mom had a lot of explaining to do It was like totally cute you know. Next time I will try them on in store

DonnaT
04-08-2005, 02:40 PM
Cool.

Tops are so hard to find. Especially if one has broad shoulders and a big chest. They do seem to be short a lot also, but I find if I pull my skirt up to where my waist should be for a female, they are about right.

º’~\_…trace GG…_/~’º
04-08-2005, 03:34 PM
It didn't quite go to plan - there were more people around than I would have liked and I was very nervous about seeing anyone we knew in there.

i know it was very scary for you, but it wasn't exactly easy for me either. i was trying to act all cool, but bricking it inside :D

My nervousness rubbed off on her and we kind of abandoned it after 2 skirts and one top.

just not cut out for all day shopping trips yet, eh? i can see i'm gonna have to whup you into shape ;)

Topless it is, then :D

wahey!

Julie York
04-08-2005, 05:01 PM
Right got it now...

So Halo and Trace squiggly squiggly are together.! And Trace squiggly is a GG!!! I think. Yeah, probably. (Blame the drink) Hi to both of you.

Right. What you need is a fictional Aunt or Niece with broad shoulders and unnaturally slim hips. Work out the tops size, dress size, skirt size for Aunty Blah and then go shopping for her. Together.

Aunty Blah would LOVE that top!
No she wouldn't!
Yes she WOULD!
No!
YES!
Aunty Blah would look a **** in that top!
Well...... maybe she WANTS to look a **** in that top!
Well if she does want to then....

etc.

(You can make up your own argument.)

º’~\_…trace GG…_/~’º
04-08-2005, 06:06 PM
Right got it now...

So Halo and Trace squiggly squiggly are together.! And Trace squiggly is a GG!!! I think. Yeah, probably. (Blame the drink) Hi to both of you.

wahey, by jove she's got it. yes, i'm halo's gg :D

we had already worked out that the clothes would be for my sister, but when the time came, the conversation didn't go quite as planned and was more pleading eyes than 'yes, she's love those' :rolleyes:

Julie York
04-08-2005, 06:12 PM
Ah you are so lucky.

Would my sister like this do you think? Black lacy basque with suspenders and sheer stockings? WELL?!..Yes or no?......What do you think?

Squeek...(cough frantic head nodding. blush.)...squeek.

Wendy me
04-08-2005, 08:57 PM
as i have a passing intrest in shopping. over the years from the begining being way to scared to go into a store and buy things it was real hard for me. see i hade like most no one to shop for or with me. so some quick dash and grab shopping misadventures it became veary clear to me that some how i would just have to get it right or never get what i wanted.

from saying this is something for my girlfreind or my wife learing to buy things with the helpe of sales girls. to now any place any time if i want something i going in look around pick out it from lipstick to pantys or what ever i want i just go right in and get it.

as hard as it is (harder for outhers) shopping for your things is just as mutch a part of crossdressing as wearing them ....well for me any way,.........

obsessedwithpantyhose
04-08-2005, 10:22 PM
why do we stress so much over what others think if we r buying something for ourselves???? the sales people r there to make money and if they make bad remarks or dont want to help u they r only cheating themselves,, i have found that the girls who work for wal mart r willing to help u if ur honest with them, so the next time u go shoping be honest with ur sales girls and u will find them to be more at ease and helpful the next time ur out shoping. :D
and dont give a second thought to those around u who r also out spending their hard earnd money, the less nervious u r the more they will ignore u and what ur doing... ;)

Tristen Cox
04-09-2005, 01:49 AM
You two are great. I'd love to shop for clothes with my girlfriend, fiancee IN THE SAME SECTION! :D Good for you both :)

angieSP
04-09-2005, 03:12 AM
The month of Chrismas is a good time to shop. And so is the many birthdays that come up thoughout the year!

Halo
04-09-2005, 03:44 AM
I don't wanna wait til Christmas.

Ha, ha, Julie, yeah, there were a couple of moments like that. I just love to choose ****ty outfits for my sister-in-law. :eek:

I think it would have been easier if we had gone somewhere further afield where there would have been no chance of there being someone we knew there. Hopefully we'll stick at it (please, hun) and it will get easier.

Not doing that doesn't seem to have limited your wardrobe too much, Tristen. I'm sure it'll happen for you, though.

Like2BAspen
04-09-2005, 04:01 AM
Practice makes a gurl get better Aspen just wishes tha practice did not cost so much but real gg's don't seem to worry about it atleast the ones i know I guess woman look at clothes as an investment. so if we emulate them we have to think like them or am I out of line Aspens just speaking from her experience. I spent most of my adult life in vegas though

Sindy
04-10-2005, 11:28 PM
I still get extremly nervous when I shop. I was really happy around christmas, due to the fact that I bought 3 complete outfits during that time, but i have not shopped since then. I usually go to a J C Pennys that I drive 45 minutes to get to even though I pass 2 of them to get there. I find it's just easier to go where I won't run into anyone I know. I also go at night, about an hour and half before they close, I've noticed that people traffic is light around that time. My next step is when I get my return check from the government, there is a huge mall outlet about an hour and a half away from me that I have yet to go to, and I know I will not run into anyone I know there. I'm just gonna make sure I have a bottle of water to help out my extremly dry mouth that I get from being so nervous.

Di
04-10-2005, 11:44 PM
Welcome to you both.......My suggestion is to go shopping at the next town or so....and take measurements.with you.......I know you had to be scared ....BUT the best thing is you two were together,,,how cool is that.... Another tip ...my ex always got nervous too,,,,,I had to coach her into trying to look confident,,,not the lowered eyes ect.....if will get easier I promise.....Have fun

Laura Jane
04-23-2005, 03:54 PM
I went out late evening shopping in the week in drab. I went to M&S in Oxford Street. I had to buy some stuff for him, which I took care of first and around 8.30pm when the store was a lot emptier than usual, I took the oppotunity to stroll around the womens department. I thumbed through racks etc and looked at several items. All the while any attention deflected by carry a few full shopping bags already full of obviously guy stuff.

I was summoning up the courage to buy a lovely skirt, ready to take it off the rack to the till, but a couple walked up and started browsing the same rack! I walked off cooly and finished my tour and headed home and they looked on the web and bought that very skirt and saved £10 with a discount code!

It certainly was a big step for me, last year I'm sure I wouldn't have lasted 2 minutes browsing in womans department before the need to flee would take over. Didn't summon up the courage to hit the Lingerie department, though.