PDA

View Full Version : Hiding places

Lucy Bright
12-01-2007, 04:45 PM
I was wondering what the weirdest places are that people have found to hide their stash, be it big or small. My first pair of stockings, bought with trembling hand when I was about 13, was stuffed into a small plastic sachet (the kind that banks use for coins), and hidden just inside the disused coal bunker outside my father's house. I would go back to it week after week, as and when I got the chance, and find it damper and damper, and more and more mildewy - but I had nowhere more secure at that time! (More pathetically, I was so ignorant that I didn't even know about suspender belts and kept wondering why the things wouldn't stay up.)

It's all rather sad, but we have an ingenious bunch of people here, and it would be interesting to know if you have any 'hiding' stories.

Kisses,

Lucy

Natasha1974
12-01-2007, 05:03 PM
Over the years I have had a few, but the best two were in a bag in the disused ducted vacuum cleaning system when I was 15.
The other was in the ceiling just near the man-hole, which was right outside my bedroom door and easy to get to with a chair and tip-toes. :D

michelle812
12-01-2007, 05:04 PM
I never hide much, I wore my mom's and sister clothes until I was about 15. Once I had an job and a car, I was able to purchase my own items. I woulds hide would I could on the inside of sport coats and winter coats that would hang in my closet.

Once that I have moved in with my g/f of many years I would hide my clothes in a box marked "taxes" that was in my closet. I have yet to come out to her, she does not want to be involved in my crossdressing whats so ever. I have several boxes marked taxes in my closet. I am happy that she is somewhat accepting.

Michelle

charllote34
12-01-2007, 05:07 PM
Ah bless ! such innocence! ha ha i used to hide mine in my LP collection box , along with my girlie mags !! :heehee:

Miss Petra
12-01-2007, 05:10 PM
Inside my subwoofer of my audio system. The wife never found some of my things in there and it only took 6 screws to get at it.

So glad I can share the closet with her now and now longer have to hide my things.

Petra

ErikaLeigh
12-01-2007, 05:21 PM
Haa, I thought I was the only one to hide stuff in a speaker enclosure. :D I used to have a big roll away tool box that I made a false bottom in one of the drawers and had stuff in there. I have used a false ceiling (the kind with the removable tiles). I also had a dresser when I was a kid that I put an actual bottom in, that way you could pull out the bottom drawer and put stuff in the bottom without anything coming out if the dresser was moved around. I also had a locking cabinet in my garage, it was marked "flammable" "laquer thinner" (also a good cover for the smell if my nail polish were to ever spill). The jack well in my truck, a filing cabinet, my desk, and I can guarantee there were other places.

Carroll
12-01-2007, 06:09 PM
When I was a teen, I hid my stuff in the corner in my closet under other stuff. When I was in the Military, I hid my stuff in a bag with the spare tire in the trunk. 1st marriage, I just used her stuff, second marriage I hid my stuff in a pillow case stuffed in my bass drum, and with my current wife, I do not hide at all:thumbsup:

Julie York
12-01-2007, 06:14 PM
I was wondering what the weirdest places are that people have found to hide their stash, be it big or small. My first pair of stockings, bought with trembling hand when I was about 13, was stuffed into a small plastic sachet (the kind that banks use for coins), and hidden just inside the disused coal bunker outside my father's house. I would go back to it week after week, as and when I got the chance, and find it damper and damper, and more and more mildewy - but I had nowhere more secure at that time! (More pathetically, I was so ignorant that I didn't even know about suspender belts and kept wondering why the things wouldn't stay up.)

It's all rather sad, but we have an ingenious bunch of people here, and it would be interesting to know if you have any 'hiding' stories.

Kisses,

Lucy

I've got something in my eye ok!!!

Just a dust thing.

You poor thing. I never hid any girly things because I never had any when I was living with other people but that is such a touching story.

katieblush
12-01-2007, 06:46 PM
In the loft/s all had been hidden,i hate lofts to creepy,but at one house i lived the loft had a few large bags of female clothes already there,christmas came early that year.:D

Deborah Jane
12-01-2007, 06:59 PM
In the loft/s all had been hidden,i hate lofts to creepy,but at one house i lived the loft had a few large bags of female clothes already there,christmas came early that year.:D

Damn, thats where i left everything when i moved!!:(:heehee:

Raychel
12-01-2007, 07:10 PM
When I was young and stupid I hid the things under my bed. It didn't take my mother very long to find it. After that I hid it up over the cieling. No one ever found that.

Now I am married and there is no more hiding, Thank god. :p

katieblush
12-01-2007, 07:14 PM
Damn, thats where i left everything when i moved!! (op deborah jane).

Deborah jane, hay that looks like the same house in your pic,had you just been up to the loft,:heehee:

SiobhanW
12-01-2007, 07:36 PM
I had two unusual places. When I was in high-school I had a briefcase and a satchel for my books. When I was using one, the other was storage for my stash. The other place, we had a bungalow where there was a small amount of unused loft space at one end of either upstairs bedroom, in the back of the closet and reached by a sort of trap door. I had my stash in a plastic bag inside the room belonging to my sister.

Susan.
12-01-2007, 10:05 PM
When I was a kid, in my closet I cut out a small piece of sheetrock. It faced inward to the closet so that it was almost impossible to notice. If anyone did look at that area it was hard to notice that it was cut out because I used the cut out piece as a little entry. It was pretty seamless. Also, we had the top part of an old grainery and it was double-walled. I didn't have to modify it, as it had access from the top. When I got out of the military, my old house and the grainery both had been torn down. In one of those places was a black satin bra overlayed with lace and was ruched in the middle. It was very sexy for the 60's. Dang I miss that bra.

SandyR
12-01-2007, 10:39 PM
These days I hang my stuff in with the wifes.....

SandyR

Jilmac
12-01-2007, 10:53 PM
:heehee:when i was living at home with my parents and sibs, my dad sawed some floorboards out of the attic so he could repair some wiring, that left a space of about 11 inches deep. i found a box that fit perfectly between the joists, and when dad finished the job he laid a peice of plywood in the opening but never nailed it in. i hid my stash in that box under the floor. when i hid my stash from spouse no 1 and 2 i would use the cold air duct and also built a small lockable closet under the basement stairs:bs:

Jordan
12-01-2007, 11:17 PM
I would have to say an old corn crib

Daintre
12-01-2007, 11:45 PM
I also used a sub woofer, and here I thought I was the only one. When I was 12 I had a basement bedroom with ceiling tile, I loosened a tile and kept my stuff up there. The funny thing is when we moved, I didn't take the stuff in the ceiling, I have often wondered what happened to it, oh to be a fly on the wall then.

Ashley83
12-02-2007, 06:55 PM
my first teen hiding spot was in a guitar case, that had the front zipper pocket, large enough to fit a magazine and books in. Then in woodshop class i built a box contraption that worked much better. all the while i was building it i know what would be hidden, so i made it so it could be double locked.:tongueout

fireandlace
12-03-2007, 10:31 AM
When I was a kid and living with my parents I hid a small collection of stuff in a lock box. After getting married I hid the stuff in a box in the attic of our first house and now in suitcase in a back corner of the basement.

JoAnnDallas
12-03-2007, 11:07 AM
When we lived in WV, the house had a basemant. I accidently noticed that when they finished one part, they did not extend the closet all the way to the wall. As result there was an opening about 3X5 feet in size betweent the end of the closet and the wall. So I put in a concealed door in the inside of the closet. Used plywood to floor and side the opening. Now I had a 3X5 foot area to keep all my fem clothing. I put in rods so I could hang my dresses, skirts, blouses. A shoe rack for my shoes and even a small counter to hold my makeup and jewlery. I even added a light and wired it to the same switch that controled the closet light. Now we live in Dallas, TX. Never told the new owner about this little room, so it sure to be a suprise if they ever find it. LOL

Pretty Sissy Dani
12-03-2007, 11:13 AM
I hide some stuff in one drawer of my dresser--my wife never goes in it. The rest--what won't fit in the dresser--is in the basement. My wife never goes down there (she can't manage the stairs), so it's a secure place.

Jaydee
12-03-2007, 11:25 AM
My dad had built us a large HO scale train set (20'x4'), complete with landscaping. As a teenager, I started stashing my stuff inside the landscaping, using one of the interior access holes. I always wondered if i ever got it all out of there, but my parents never said anything.

Jaydee

Dawn Marie
12-03-2007, 11:31 AM
I use the housing for my centrifuge caster to hide a few of my clothes in that is in my workshop, the rest I keep in a box in our Public Storage.

Lucy Bright
12-03-2007, 11:47 AM
When we lived in WV, the house had a basemant. I accidently noticed that when they finished one part, they did not extend the closet all the way to the wall. As result there was an opening about 3X5 feet in size betweent the end of the closet and the wall. So I put in a concealed door in the inside of the closet. Used plywood to floor and side the opening. Now I had a 3X5 foot area to keep all my fem clothing. I put in rods so I could hang my dresses, skirts, blouses. A shoe rack for my shoes and even a small counter to hold my makeup and jewlery. I even added a light and wired it to the same switch that controled the closet light. Now we live in Dallas, TX. Never told the new owner about this little room, so it sure to be a suprise if they ever find it. LOL

Gosh, I now picture a scenario where the new lady of the house comes across this stash and accuses her hapless husband of being a cross-dresser. Something like that must have happened some time, some place, I guess.

I can't tell you how impressed I am at all your DIY skills, by the way! I'm quite a stereotypical girl in that way - well, I would be except that I can't knit or sew either... And it's beginning to look like half the world's woofers are stuffed with lingerie! It's a strange world we live in, ladies.

Kisses,

Lucy

Vivian Best
12-03-2007, 12:31 PM
During my early teens I didn't have to hide anything, I wore my mothers! Then before I married I didn't have to hid it because I lived by myself. But then I got married and she wasn't in on my feminine side so I had to be a little more creative. You'd be surprised how many holes and crevices you can find in a house if you just look. For years, I used the space between the floor joists in my basement. I had a large wardrobe hidden there. Didn't do much for the things that needed ironing. but what the heck it was safe and secure and it was never found. Now since my wife knows, I don't hide anything now. Keep under things in drawers and hanging things in the closet.

Kristen Marie
12-03-2007, 01:45 PM
My first hiding place as a teenager was a false ceiling in my back closet. If I stood on a chair, I could slide the ceiling panel up and put my bag if lingerie up there. At that time in my life, my collection was from my aunt's stuff, my mom's, my best friend's sister and some items I stole from the various neighbor's clothes lines at night. Can't believe I did that, but at the time, it's how I got my stuff.

daviolin
12-03-2007, 01:50 PM
Well being still in the closet I have to still hide my stuff. I have a woodshop in the garage. And I built cabinets all along one wall from floor to ceiling. I put a 12 inch high kick space at the bottom. With a false bottom in it. I have all my stuff organized in each compartment. So I only have to open a few at a time to put a pretty outfit together for the day. Only problum is I wish I would of built another bank of cabinets on the other wall. Because a girl just never has enough outfits. Boo Hoo.:hugs:Daviolin

robynwi
12-03-2007, 02:39 PM
Well I really didn't have anything of my own, just wore my mothers, and aunts stuff, but I did have a hiding spot for other stuff, Above my door on the outside of my room, between the ceiling and the ceiling of my room.

Robyn

Mitch23
12-03-2007, 02:47 PM
mine travelled round with me in the car boot. thank goodness i dont have to now as i have a friend who lets me store my stuff there. did bring it in the house once but wife not happy 'in case the kids find it'

mitch

JoAnnDallas
12-04-2007, 09:15 AM
Lucy Bright...........thanks for the reply......I cleared it all out before we sold the house. No way was I going to purge anything. Took most of it with me when we move to Dallas. If they found it, I am sure they would have stood there trying to figure out what the little room was used for, since the only entrance was a false door on the inside of the other closet.

Carly D.
12-04-2007, 12:20 PM
I used to get so pissed off when those things (stockings) wouldn't stay up as well... I hid my pantyhose in a leather coin purse thing... you gotta love pantyhose, they fit in such small places... and a few other places were my speakers, or an old mug next to my bed...

immike
12-18-2007, 04:32 AM
I keep my stash under lock&key,in my second bedroom,which has been converted
to my private office

shauna 9
12-18-2007, 04:36 AM
Inside my subwoofer

jonnie64
12-18-2007, 07:14 AM
I have hid my things in the attic mostly over the years, seems like a very safe place. In my current house while I was finishing the basement I had an epiphany; I moved one wall out from the foundation wall about 20", built a set of custom cabinets that have a movable panel in the back. Now I have my own "closet" and no one knows how to get in but me!!

Jere Oneil
12-18-2007, 07:33 AM
Now, I just hang my skirts in my bedroom closet and my lingerie goes in a dresser drawer. When I was a teen, I put my things in a plastic bag, and opened the access panel to the bathtub plumbing fixtures and hid the bag in there. I have also hidden a few things (not clothes) in a chest freezer under frozen food. Who knows, that might work for panty hose. Just put them in a zip lock bag and put them into the freezer. I would recommend warming them up before wearing though.

Brianna1
12-18-2007, 08:00 AM
I used to live on a farm in Ireland, so I had plenty of places to hide stuff! The first one I used though was in a field in a hedge (they were a pair of my Mum's heels so didn't get damaged) There was plenty of room to wear them without getting seen :happy:
Barns were very useful too!

Ashlee
12-18-2007, 09:04 AM
I hid stuff above the suspended ceiling for a while until Dad found it. I was scared crapless! I then hid stuff inside the sleeves of male clothing. When I got my own place I kept it up in the attic which was hard to access. Now, I have stuff in the attic and a hope chest left by the previous homeowner in a closet with all male stuff on top of it. Other stuff is above airducts. My halloween outfit and all the stuff I wore is in a garment bag in said closet. The mrs. never asked about what I did with it after Halloween and didn't want me to dress en femme again either. I didn't want to toss it (I couldn't nor wouldn't....forms, wig, jewelry, hose, nails, lashes etc) So, some of my stuff is essentially hiding in plain sight.

kassandra richard
12-18-2007, 10:12 AM
I have a large box labelled computer parts under my mixing board table which doesn't have computer parts in it. And the duffle bag on top of the box isn't empty either :) But since they're both in the corner of the basement that's mine, my wife doesn't wander through there. So even hiding her Christmas gifts in plain sight is easy :D

Kassandra

Trudy
12-18-2007, 10:58 AM
For years I had an electric piano that had a panel in the front that fit it the bottom and was held it place by two screws. It was about 3'*4'*1' deep. It was easy to open as the screws where only hand tight. It worked for years. Now my wife is more than accepting and all my clothes are in a drawer or in my closet. She insists I wear female clothing as much as possible.

enjoy
Trudy

jazmonyavon
12-18-2007, 12:11 PM
When I was younger I mostly wore mom's things,what few things of my own ,I hid behind a drawer in my dresser.Same when I got married ,until my wife found out,now I have all my things in my lingerie drawer in our dresser,and Slips and nighties hanging in our closed .It feels sooo good not having to hide my things .I don't even hide it from mom any more.She came to visit last year,and did some laundry.Washed and folded my panties and put them in my room.She had to know they were mine ,because I am much larger then my wife ,And wear fullcut panty briefs.Wife wear thongs

Staci G
12-19-2007, 12:56 AM
I am as many know a truck driver so I have an entire sleeper to stash my few remaining items in. But when I go home I have to hide everything really well 'cause the wife might go peeking. She has gotten better about staying out because of the dont ask dont tell policy we have enacted.:D But you would not believe all the room under a sleeper bunk :happy:

Nicolette01
12-19-2007, 01:00 AM
I'd tell you, but I'd have to kill you if I did!!!

Joann0830
12-19-2007, 02:12 AM
I hid everything under the draws in my Bedroom, I took out the bottom draw and kept evrything in a bag under the draw so I only had to pull the draw out
and some makeup in a makeup bag stapled to the back of the Draws:heehee::love:

JoAnnDallas
12-19-2007, 09:06 AM
My wife now knows about me, but since she does not want to see me fully dressed, I keep all my fem items in those big plastic drawer thingies, in the closet in the Computer/Radio room. I also hang my dresses, skirts, blouses in the closet and my heels are on the floor.

Slip Affinity
12-19-2007, 10:56 AM
When I was in my young teens, I used to hide my stuff inside a model boat my dad had built and which sat on my dresser. It was about 30" long and was supposed to have had RC equipment in it but dad never got that far. The empty compartment was ideal until mom somehow found it. Other times I would hide stuff in the loft of the garage or in the "boot" for the convertible top of my 60 Chevy.

Jessica Z. Reese
12-19-2007, 12:34 PM
When i was younger i had to hide my things inside my box spring on top of the cloth covering the bottom. I had a really nice leather skirt in there. When i was in the military my g/f at the time didnt like me leaving the house let alone dressing!:devil: She and i parted ways after about a year. My wife didnt really know until we had been married for two years, but nowshe is upset because i havnt dressed in two weeks!:love: thats ok though my birthday is on sunday and we are going out!

Mitzi
12-19-2007, 12:58 PM
Back in the early 60's, I had a VW bug. I hid my stuff under the back seat, which lifted up very easily. I was deep in the closet, only got to dress sporadically and only had a few things.

Subwoofer...gee that's where our son hid his grass way back when...don't recall how we found out, but we did...so beware...

Mitzi

julia ann
12-19-2007, 08:45 PM
I now keep things in the attic no one in my house even knows where the access is. Also have large cabinet full of manly tools with a very large and very removable bottom. The most unique place was in an apartment ,removed the access panel for the bath tub and could store items in front and rear of tub[must remove before maintainance man shows,whole other story.]

shirley1
12-19-2007, 08:52 PM
in record sleeves and under the mattress now i live alone dont have to worry about that thank god !

Seville
12-19-2007, 09:00 PM
:happy::happy:
I also used a sub woofer, and here I thought I was the only one. When I was 12 I had a basement bedroom with ceiling tile, I loosened a tile and kept my stuff up there. The funny thing is when we moved, I didn't take the stuff in the ceiling, I have often wondered what happened to it, oh to be a fly on the wall then.

I did the same exact thing!!! Havn't had to stash/hide anything
for the last 28 years now...Great Feeling!:happy:

Shannah
12-26-2007, 10:21 PM
Inside my subwoofer

That's too funny, I thought I had such an original idea. I used my guitar amps'
4-12 speaker cabinet.

bEEb
12-27-2007, 10:54 AM
Interestingly enough... My buddy bought a house here in Southern Wisconsin a while back.... And found a pair of panties stashed in the basement rafters. Anybody here care to claim them?

angelfire
12-27-2007, 06:34 PM
I used to have a sega gamegear when I was younger, and had a decent sized case. I'd hide stuff in there, and hide the case under my bed.

Then I would hide stuff in my underwear drawer, hidden under my boxers. Then after a while, I realized I was lucky and my parents didn't go through my stuff, so I just hid everything in 1 drawer, which eventually expanded to 2 drawers. Now, I have some stuff in a drawer, and the rest in a box in my closet.

breanna53
12-27-2007, 07:37 PM
in the wifes coset among her clothes, lol . just idding i have never hid anything.

shirley1
12-27-2007, 07:38 PM
i has a stash of panties hidden in my album sleeves and a couple of lycra minis - couldnt hide anything bigger away so had to make do with going in the laundry basket sometimes which i hated but couldnt risk touching clothes in my moms closet after i was caught she just seemed to have a full womans intuition and knew if anything had been moved slightly - thank god i have my own place now !

Miss Petra
12-27-2007, 07:47 PM
Haa, I thought I was the only one to hide stuff in a speaker enclosure. :D I used to have a big roll away tool box that I made a false bottom in one of the drawers and had stuff in there. I have used a false ceiling (the kind with the removable tiles). I also had a dresser when I was a kid that I put an actual bottom in, that way you could pull out the bottom drawer and put stuff in the bottom without anything coming out if the dresser was moved around. I also had a locking cabinet in my garage, it was marked "flammable" "laquer thinner" (also a good cover for the smell if my nail polish were to ever spill). The jack well in my truck, a filing cabinet, my desk, and I can guarantee there were other places.

Inside my subwoofer

That's too funny, I thought I had such an original idea. I used my guitar amps'
4-12 speaker cabinet.

It is obvious to me us girls like the thump.

Petra

Hana22
12-27-2007, 08:35 PM
I have used a regular card board box with the clothes in the bottom and smaller boxes of toy model cars on the top covering the clothes. The box was in the top of my closet.

body-fx
12-27-2007, 11:02 PM
I did the speaker thing too, had huge speaker cabinets, so i could fit alot. after i moved out, i just rented a small storage space. I had the same space for over 10 years and it only cost $10 to $15 per month.

Susan G
12-27-2007, 11:28 PM
I use to use an old box, then luggage bags, now, that's it is out in the open, I just use the closet and drawers, a much faster and better way of accessing my favorite clothes.

audrey-lynn
12-28-2007, 08:29 AM
Until the wife found them I used to hide my stuff in my R.V. in a cabinet under the bed. Now it's where it belongs in the closet and dresser.

terrilynn
12-28-2007, 01:07 PM
My best hiding place as a young cd'er was under the bottom drawer of my dresser. My dad had built it as a kit project in the 60's, and it cam down all the way to the floor at the bottom, so you couldnt see under it except at the back. I found the panel under the bottom drawers was loose one time, and being a sneaky kid, pulled it out to hide things well before i started dressing, so it just became a natural place for me to put my 'new' secret things in.
As far as dresses and such, i hid them in plain sight. Since it was my mom's or older sisters clothing i was wearing, i just replaced them very carefully where i had gotten them from.

Terrilynn

rickie121x
12-28-2007, 02:21 PM
Ah yes, well hidden where she would never look. Oops, during the divorce, she clearly indicated that she knew that I was wearing my high heels while driving to work... Hehe - the divorce was (One of the...) the best thing that ever happend to me. :happy:
Rickie

KandisTX
12-28-2007, 02:41 PM
The only time I ever tried hiding anything I guess I wasn't the brightest about it. I hid a bunch of mom's bras, panties, pantyhose, slip, bodybriefer and carefree pantyshields in my underwear drawer. She found them and took them away.. I took them back and put them right back in the same spot (how stupid of me??). after I came out to my mother (step mother more of a mother to me than mom), I did not need to hide them anymore and they went right into my very own lingerie drawer in my dresser. ;) (at least those items I was not borrowing, with permission, from mother went in there anyway. Mothers' things got worn, then washed, folded and returned to her as was our agreement. Kind of had the same arrangement with my sister, but she would more often than not just give the clothing to me and not want it back when I was done. I think she would sometimes buy two of each thing one in her size and one in mine to keep me from wearing some of her things LOL).

Kandis:love:

NIKKI99
12-28-2007, 07:03 PM
I have most things hidden in the loft, several bags, it is so easy to collect so much. Some other items are placed inside an old PC (with the insides removed) and inside an old satelite receiver. I have also used a cardboard box with clothes in a bag at the bottom and covered with other stuff. It would be nice to have somewhere to hang things and also it can take quite a time to put all the things back after spending some time dressing. After reading some of the posts it has given me some ideas.

Nikki.

KelliBennett
12-28-2007, 08:01 PM
I currently store my items in several suitcases hidden in black bags under the stairs. But the collection is getting unruly.

That is going to change. I recently purchases a 10x5 self storage facility that is climate controlled. I move in this weekend.

I plan I putting some cheap closet organization furniture in there. I will be able to properly hang, and organize my stuff. See what I have. With 24 hour access getting to it will be easy. I was thinking of a collapsible wardrobe for those times when I have weekends here alone and might want more items around.

Plus as a double bonus I can have packages delivered to that address. Can you say online shopping?

debbeelee1
12-28-2007, 08:38 PM
My SO and I have a lockable cedar chest at the foot of the bed, of course it's full! All of my other stuff is hidden in plain sight. I'm 6-2 and she's 5-2, so someone might question a few things!:straightface: