PDA

View Full Version : Why do you dress?

Byllie
12-01-2007, 06:14 PM
Simple title, yes? Okay, here's the skinny. Which is more important, to pass as a woman or to enjoy yourself?

SherriePall
12-01-2007, 06:38 PM
I enjoy myself when I pass as a woman.
That's why I voted for both.

Mary Jane
12-01-2007, 06:43 PM
I dress to look like a woman. I dress in private so I have no idea if I would pass in public or not. Just wearing the clothes means nothing without the makeup and wig.

tricia_uktv
12-01-2007, 06:46 PM
I went through ages struggling to pass. Now I realise that what is important is that it is me. Passing actually doesn't matter any more.

LORAINE1
12-01-2007, 06:46 PM
I dress for me I think although I love when people tell me I look great

sissystephanie
12-01-2007, 11:02 PM
I dress because I love the fit, feel, and look of feminine things. I don't look like a woman (because I am not!) and never will without a lot of expert help.:heehee: My late wife fully supported my CD activities, but expected me to be a man underneath the satin and lace. My very sweet GGF gets the same from me. She does support the CD'ing, but wants me to be her MAN!:love: So I am!

Sissy/Stephanie

Girl on the outside, man underneath!

sissystephanie
12-01-2007, 11:04 PM
Loraine,

I love that camisole! Where did you find it?

Stephanie

trannie T
12-01-2007, 11:06 PM
I'd love to pass but that is not likely but I still enjoy dressing.

Jordan
12-01-2007, 11:09 PM
I dress for both reasons I would love to accepted for who I am in the world

Byllie
12-01-2007, 11:32 PM
Interesting. The vast majority who have responded so far wear women's clothing because it feels good, but almost half "also" do so to look like a woman.

docrobbysherry
12-01-2007, 11:50 PM
I don't want to mess up your poll.
I dress to look like a woman primarily. However, I only dress for myself, in my closet. I think u meant to dress "to try to PASS" in your poll.
Of course, I love the feel and fit of women's things also.
RS

Joy Carter
12-01-2007, 11:50 PM
I dress for me and only me.:D

andreah
12-02-2007, 09:23 AM
I dress because I love the feel of the skirts pantyhose, panties and heels. I loved it ever since I tried on my mother's stockings.

Kate Simmons
12-02-2007, 09:35 AM
I dress for me and only me.:DI agree 100% with Joy and just enjoy being myself.:happy:

Tina Dixon
12-02-2007, 09:38 AM
I enjoy wearing womens cloths, thats what I voted for, but theres a lot of number one there also, but just have fun.

SarahHall
12-02-2007, 09:45 AM
I dress because I love the feminine feeling that I get.

Jocelyn Quivers
12-02-2007, 09:53 AM
I voted both, I love being dressed enfemme, but I also love seeing the transformed beautiful image in the mirror.

SiobhanW
12-02-2007, 09:53 AM
I put both, just to keep my options open :heehee: but I really am only into wearing the clothes.

I've seen the phrase "lazy trannie" used before and I think that's what I am. The pre-dress grooming, the makeup, the wig, the nails....it's all a bit of a pain in the arse really and doesn't get me any hotter. Fact of the matter is, when it's just me looking down at my own body it doesn't really matter whether I've shaved my face or not. :straightface:

Bethany_Anne_Fae
12-02-2007, 02:28 PM
I voted for both.

Sometimes I dress just for me. Nothing fancy... maybe the secretary ensemble.
My greatest love of this is that moment when I step out onto the Fairegrounds (or my stage) and the paparazzi kick in. To be adored like (insert movie actress here) and feel all of thta positive energy being thrown my way.

I cant explain it any better than that.

Yes, its an ego thing too ;)

aprilwall1977
12-02-2007, 02:31 PM
I just whised that I could pass as a woman

Keely
12-02-2007, 02:38 PM
I just enjoy the heck out of it!

Colleentg
12-02-2007, 03:23 PM
Get rid of all your male clothing and take the poll again LOL

Nadia-Maria
12-02-2007, 05:02 PM
I voted both.

In the first few minutes after dressing up, I especially enjoy wearing feminine clothes (bra, breastforms, stockings, girdle, etc.). However the pleasant sensations tend to vanish with time, the more I get accustomed to them.
After a while, the most pleasant sensation comes when I look at the image in the mirror. I can imagine I see a real woman. Looking like a girl (at least in my eyes, since I would not pass outside) is an exceptional satisfaction.

angelfire
12-02-2007, 05:02 PM
I only dress in private, so passing isn't that important at this stage, and I don't think I could without some major changes.

Jammie 3
12-02-2007, 05:22 PM
I my self enjoy the feel of silk and to slide across me as I walk, sit,or sleep,but would also love to pass as a woman,though it may seem out of reach at the time,I can still enjoy the feeling under my drabs outside of work and such but can fully dress in the comfort of my cave.

charlie
12-02-2007, 05:35 PM
Try as i might I just can't be passable. However, I do try my best!! Aslo, I have done a great jopb from the neck down. Form fitting girdle does alot. I am also blessed with feminine legs and thighs. The mug though is a different matter. So I dress and do my best to interest myself.

LA CINDY LOVE
12-02-2007, 08:59 PM
I love the attention I get from dressing for me that is what it is all about , I dress to get notice and look for the attention.

I dress to go out and if I had to dress and stay at home........I would stop dressing.

LA CINDY LOVE

Billijo49504
12-02-2007, 09:24 PM
I dress cuz it's cold outside, and if I didn't, I'd freeze. Brrr!
For Charlie90802, I work part time in a grocery store and I've seen GG that make a blood hound look cute. Check it out....BJ

marny
12-02-2007, 10:04 PM
some of each. working to be more full time girl. Think I might be losing my wife though It seems she changed her ind about accepting it.

marny
12-02-2007, 10:07 PM
idea

paulap
12-02-2007, 10:08 PM
I think I dress because it makes me feel sensual, sexual, and more attentive. Things I am not in my male mode.

Ann Smith
12-02-2007, 10:15 PM
I dress to complete a circle. I am feminine, deeply. Within in me is such a full experience of girl / woman. On the surface that isn't seen. Dressing feels like a journey downward toward truth and a triumphant ascent.. at the same time. A fabulous slinky dress, perfect hose, tight panties, nails red and shaped, eyes made up just right, and my fave lipstick... it's a going back and a sailing forth all in one.

Staci
12-02-2007, 10:44 PM
To relax and enjoy myself. I like feeling pretty.

windycissy
12-02-2007, 10:44 PM
Love the way the clothes look and feel on me, but I'm bored out of my mind just sitting around in them...sometimes I'll sacrifice what feels good to wear (like nylons) to be more passable, 'cause the sensation of passing while dressed as a woman is the greatest thrill ever.

missattitude
12-02-2007, 10:53 PM
makes me horny

MsRicky
12-03-2007, 01:04 AM
Im to tall to pass outside (especally in 6 inch heels) so do not try.
Plus I like the tight restrictive dominant style of clothing

Joni Beauman
12-03-2007, 01:52 AM
It just feels so right, when dressed in women's clothes. Passing for me is a form of confirmation I find very satisfying and reassuring. Joni

TeRe
12-03-2007, 02:00 AM
"To look like ... a woman" Ahh yes that would be nice and if a few items were available in my money short life it would be closer to a reality in stead of a story. I do enjoy dressing for me and to have one of my 'girl friends' (not S.O.) join me on a night out and finding out I passed for a second or two.
Enjoying what I've gotten to share with the world ... and as long as I'm happy..that's all that matters

Audrey34
12-03-2007, 02:03 AM
I enjoy the feel of the silky soft fabrics. Especially nylon hosiery. I also love the way my feet feel walking in mid-heel pumps. With my ugly mug I would never pass as a woman. But as long as the other cd's don't wince when I attend a Tri-Ess meeting then I guess I'm not doing too badly.
-Audrey

1950sclothes
12-03-2007, 03:16 AM
I wish I knew why I really wore women's clothes. Like today I woke up, I thought I want to be dressed all day.

I'm in a skirt and high heels. I suppose it's like a woman. Why does she feel the need to wear a skirt and heels? I suppose the same reason as me, to feel smart.

Dawn Marie
12-03-2007, 10:45 AM
I dress because I love the clothes, but I also dress to pass as a women. I vote for both.

fuzzybe
12-12-2007, 02:27 PM
I voted both as well. They are almost two of the same. The feeling is great, but the look almost multiples the feeling.

Nikki A.
12-12-2007, 08:05 PM
I said both but with an explanation. I would rather blend in than be a spectacle or a caricature of a woman. Of course I also enjoy the texture and the feel of the clothing or else why would I wear it.

shauna 9
12-12-2007, 08:09 PM
I enjoy the feel of the silky soft fabrics.

SweetCaroline
12-12-2007, 08:47 PM
I never worry about passing. I don't think anyone who see's me enfemme thinks of me as female. Yet I still like to look my best and appear as a female.

I answered "to enjoy wearing women's clothing". Anything else costs too much money.

Raychel
12-12-2007, 08:54 PM
Why do I dress?

Mostly because the local police have issues about walking around the town naked. :rolleyes:

No seriously. I dress, simply because I love the feeling of the clothes. A simple pleasure in life for me.

Carly D.
12-14-2007, 05:03 PM
Dress ing u p... I like to dress as Carly.. and she determines how much that is whenever I decide to let her out.. that can be just shoes(bare feet) or pantyhose and shoes or the next step of adding a skirt or go all the way and be fully engulfed in fem clothing... passing?? dare to dream...

Nicolette01
12-14-2007, 05:08 PM
I definitely dress for my own satisfaction, I know for a fact that I would never pass as a woman.

christina marie
12-14-2007, 06:59 PM
because it is who i am, poll missing that option

Cassy11
12-14-2007, 08:50 PM
I dress for me and the inner feeling I get. It just feels right.

Amy07
12-14-2007, 08:57 PM
Just wearing all the beautiful clothes, sexy lingerie, thousands of tops and bottoms, dresses, skirts, slacks, millions of shoes, hose, tights, stockings, tons of jewelry, makeup....combinations are endless! WoW

Drab: pants, shirt, underwear, socks, shoes...repeat...

Nicki B
12-14-2007, 09:40 PM
To let myself be my full self...

No suitable option?

Melissa Pink
12-15-2007, 07:47 AM
For years I wrestled with my psyche to repress the woman inside me. My journey to become Melissa has been a liberating experience. I will never forget the night I shaved my legs for the first time and felt their smoothness. The rest of my transformation has been slow but progressive. I wear woman's clothing is because I identify more with women than men. I have masculine traits and interests, but as I mature and become more comfortable with who I am my feminine side is the dominant aspect of my persona. :heehee:

Sarah Doepner
12-16-2007, 11:54 PM
I voted both. I love the entire process of getting ready to dress, picking out the clothes, doing my makeup and hair, chainging outfits and looking in the mirror at the woman I'd be happy to be. I may not pass well, but being able to walk into a store or down a street without being seen as a man in a dress is a great feeling as well.

ColleenCD
12-17-2007, 12:22 AM
I simply love the feel, look and cut of womens clothes. If I were six inches shorter and multiple shoe sizes smaller, I might want to make daylight outdoor appearances. I'm happy at my level.

Colleen

Satin_Lover_13
12-17-2007, 12:29 AM
I enjoy the feel of the silky soft fabrics.

Same here

Jennifer Brooks
12-17-2007, 01:50 AM
I dress for me. I love wearing a bra and panties/briefs/boyshorts/thongs. It makes me feel so relaxed and sexy.:cheer:

carhill2mn
12-17-2007, 05:27 PM
For several reasons: 1) I like to wear women's clothes, shoes, jewelry, makeup, etc.; 2) I like the way I look as a woman much better than I like the way I look as a man; 3) I admire "Ladies" and want to emulate them.

Patti Girl
12-17-2007, 07:37 PM
I dress because I love the feminine feeling that I get.

Yes, I agree!

It just feels so right, when dressed in women's clothes.

Well put!

Why do I dress?

Mostly because the local police have issues about walking around the town naked. :rolleyes:

LOL! Great response, Raychel!

I wish I knew why I really wore women's clothes.

Me too, I wish I knew why, but I just know that I feel "right" when I'm more feminine. It is not sexual for me. And I am not passable. I just feel comfortable this way.

Now that it is winter, I can leave the basics on underneath a big sweater or sweatshirt when I go out. It feels good to know that I'm feminine underneath, plus some light lipstick and eyeshadow.

Patti

jonnie64
12-17-2007, 10:20 PM
I love sexy clothes and I love the feel of slinky things like nylons, slips, lingerie and of course pantyhose. I love the way a girdle hold me in nice and tight. I love the feel of a garter tugging at the tops of my nylons when I sit down. I love the way a sheer nylon feels when I slide it over freshly shaved legs. I love tight control top pantyhose and I love to hear the swish, swish of my legs when I walk in them. I love patent leather, point toe pumps, peep toe pumps, sling-backs, strappy sandals, sexy boots, and yes, even s!utty platform stripper shoes!

Quite frankly, I dress because it TURNS ME ON!!!!

natasha
12-17-2007, 11:16 PM
I have no idea why I like to dress, I just know it is part of me and I have no intention to stop anytime soon.

Lisa Renee
12-18-2007, 12:24 AM
I voted both. I enjoy putting on the clothes and then being able to go out and be the woman I feel I am.

glossy
12-18-2007, 12:17 PM
Oh. I'm dressing for my own enjoyment. I don't feel like I have to "pass". It's all about the erotic feel of the silky, glossy, sexy fabric rubbing against itself or another garment. I love the cold nights when I can put on two nighties and feel the silk slip past the satin. Oooooh. Delicious.

Mitch23
12-18-2007, 12:54 PM
voted both as like the sexy feel but mainly love to be out and about as a girl and doing girlie things - like yesterday walking through the city to my mac appointment gettingg made up by experts and walking back to the car and going home again - i felt so feminine - and looking at the results and seeing a girl looking back

mitch

HalloweenDragon
12-19-2007, 12:00 AM
I love the feel. Sometimes I'll "accidentally" let someone see what I'm wearing underneath my everyday clothes, but most times I hide it. I guess it's still something I'm trying to get a grip on.

Peka TG
12-19-2007, 05:14 AM
I dress because I Enjoy it!!

xoxo
Peka

marilyn_uktv
12-19-2007, 07:01 AM
I love sexy clothes and I love the feel of slinky things like nylons, slips, lingerie and of course pantyhose. I love the way a girdle hold me in nice and tight. I love the feel of a garter tugging at the tops of my nylons when I sit down. I love the way a sheer nylon feels when I slide it over freshly shaved legs. I love tight control top pantyhose and I love to hear the swish, swish of my legs when I walk in them. I love patent leather, point toe pumps, peep toe pumps, sling-backs, strappy sandals, sexy boots, and yes, even s!utty platform stripper shoes!

Quite frankly, I dress because it TURNS ME ON!!!!

With you all the way, Jonnie (unless you WANT to be chastised, lol). I adore all those things.

Marilyn xx

missmalissa
12-19-2007, 09:38 AM
Because it's usually too cold outside, to be wearing just my bra, panties, &
nylons.. Plus my lingerie, has no pockets.

Lanore
12-19-2007, 09:59 AM
I voted both. I enjoy myself as a woman. I never really thought if one was more important than the other. Each day is me. I may have to buy some drab cloths to see how that would feel. Then on second thoughts, na.

Lanore

Barclay
12-19-2007, 10:56 AM
I voted: "To enjoy wearing women's clothing"

I do not feel the urge and go ou ton the street and pass as a woman. I enjoy the feeling of female clothing at home.

Stephenie S
12-19-2007, 11:18 AM
Because it's too cold outside to go naked?

Seriously, I don't go naked even when it's warm outside. I would get arrested were I to prance around without any clothes on. I wouldn't want to anyway.

So I wear women's clothes (they aren't really women's clothes, they are mine) as a signal. I want others to recognise that I am a women. My size and shape DON'T shout "female" to the world, so I need all the cues I can get to be recognized for who I am. I wear clothes apropriate to my gender only to reinforce that gender for others.

As opposed to many here who "underdress" (wearing female undergarments under male drab), I "overdress". My clothes are an outward signal to other people to help them recognise my gender as female. My clothes are not a source of excitement or thrills. They are clothes to keep me warm and to look as presentable a possible.

So I guess I'm number 1.

Lovies,
Stephenie

happy sam
12-19-2007, 02:01 PM
for me its to enjoy myself.

the lingerie feels great and i feel great when i wear these items

charllote34
12-19-2007, 02:11 PM
Because everyone would be able to see my bits if i didnt !

KimberlyS
12-19-2007, 03:13 PM
As long as I can remember I have been a mix of masculine and feminine traits, personality, likes, dislikes, and physical features. And I have always been a physical male and feel male no matter how masculine or feminine I may look. Even dressed my frilliest most feminine way, I still feel like my male self. To me I am wearing the clothing to match the masculine and feminine feelings, traits and personalities that society taught me they should be. For some reason I associated clothing with masculine and feminine feelings, traits and personalities and not just male and female physical people.

KimberlyS

cdtammi
12-19-2007, 03:55 PM
good question, i thought about for a long time and i dress for me, because it makes me feel right. i dress cause it makes me feel sexy and desireable, but to who? again its me its all for me and that is selfish but that in a nut shell is why i dress.

beau
12-19-2007, 04:03 PM
simple answer because I like the way the clothes feel on me :2c:

Genifer Teal
12-19-2007, 06:07 PM
Your choices are limiting. I dress for the attention I get when I go clubbing. You could say it is more about the look than the clothes. To a large extent it is about being different and standing out. I like the gender element and being femme too.

Gen

Traci_Ann CD
12-25-2007, 12:48 AM
I voted for both (even thou I'm at the beginner stage). I think and feel that once I am able to be at that point of being able to dress full time, I think the reason for me will be because it makes me feel very feminine and VERY, very sexy.

I CAN'T wait to get to being able to dress full time and wear a nice/tight dress or maybe a nice, tight women's business suit, different color of classic leather pumps, and carry a nice, sexy leather purse/handbag WITH ALL THE TRIMMINGS like makeup, lipstick, etc.

1950sclothes
12-25-2007, 02:31 AM
This is a very good question.

I can go days without dressing, but then I suddenly get the urge to wear a skirt and heels. Just like a woman does, I suppose, but in my case I can't openly express that dress for fear of being ridiculed.

I must confess, I used to be sexually turned on by wearing women's clothes. Now it's just a manner of expressing my female side.

Nothing much to say. MERRY XMAS. ;)

YangGuiFei
12-25-2007, 03:56 AM
Because I like being sexy. :drink:

Keelin30
12-25-2007, 05:22 PM
I dress for the sheer feelings I get. I cannot deny the feelings or the sexual thrill of seeing myself dressed and feeling all the sexy softness of femininity. I also accept I not only dress to please myself but I have strong desires to please others.

Lilith Moon
12-26-2007, 07:16 AM
I voted both. I have several dressing modes. There's blending in for when I am in public...would like to pass but settle for looking as good as possible.

There's comfy at home mode, whatever feels good.

Then there's a special occasion trashy/****ty/fetish mode for that sexy bitch in the mirror.

Celeste
12-26-2007, 02:29 PM
My reasons go a little further. I feel an added sensitivity and awareness toward all things, release of tension and a real feeling of contentment. It's important because these feelings extend into the next day when I'm not dressed. You could cut me off in traffic and I'll just wave and smile. I guess you could call it an anger management therapy, it amounts to a more emotionally stable me.