PDA

View Full Version : ID Cards

CarrieAnneEvers
12-02-2007, 03:27 PM
I'm tired of having to show a male ID when I go to clubs or use a credit card. Is there a legal way to get a femme ID card?

Nicole Erin
12-02-2007, 03:29 PM
For just the photo, you CAN legally wear makeup. My DL has Erin in the photo.
No big deal there.
As far as changing the name and all, that is kinda a difficult process as you would legally have to change your name for it to show on your ID.

EDNA
12-02-2007, 04:14 PM
I was lucky in that matter.

As one of my Doctor Uncles. Gave me a Birth Cerificate [with the Girls name. That my Parents gave me.] and at that time. I thought it was a joke, but as it turned out. It was not a joke and I was my own Twin Sister. So at the age of Eighteen. I was able to get a SS Card [For show and did not use. So I would have to pay Taxes.] and a Drivers License. Plus at that time. There was not back ground checks. In which I still have a Female SS Card and A Female Drivers License. Plus a Male SS Card [That I use.], a Male Drivers License, a Male and Female Pilots License. That all are Legal.

These days. I do not know how one should go about getting a ID as a Crossdresser. Without going to Court and getting a new name.

Niya W
12-02-2007, 06:03 PM
Just show up with the make up on.

Phoebe Reece
12-02-2007, 07:25 PM
Carrie Anne,
It is very easy in Georgia to get a legal ID with your femme picture on it. Take a look at this old thread about my getting one: http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15706

Dawn Marie
12-03-2007, 12:33 PM
I had no problem getting my femme picture on my DL it is just the rest of the stuff you would have to go to court for. Even though I have a friend that did make me an ID with my female name on it too, with everything else also. It looks pretty good if you don't look at the offficial stampings.

Mariah
12-03-2007, 12:49 PM
I have a female photo id, it's not a State or Gov issued one But one issued by my own company. it works most of the time.

hopes
keris

JoAnnDallas
12-04-2007, 08:54 AM
Check with your state driver license section. Here in Texas, you can get a State ID card which is seperate from the drivers license. You can have your picture taken en fem, but the rest of the entries will be your male side. Since most of the time they will just look at the picture then at you. Rarely do they look at the rest of the data.

MarciManseau
12-04-2007, 09:16 AM
Call your credit card company and ask them to issue an additional card for your "wife". I did that 7 years ago and they were more than happy to do it.

Hugs, Marci :hugs: