PDA

View Full Version : Do real women have armpit hair?

KateSpade83
12-02-2007, 06:44 PM
If I went out in a dress, my armpit hair would show. So I'm wondering if real women have armpit hair. Or do they shave it and it hardly grows? I saw a real woman with lots of leg hair once too.

How is it shaving the armpits and what do you use? Are there any bad effects from doing this?

CatAttack
12-02-2007, 06:49 PM
i think a lot of girls shave their armpits but im lucky... i dont really have armpit hair growth.. i dunno why.

crunchysoda
12-02-2007, 06:50 PM
"Real women" do grow armpit hair. I usually shave it when I shave my legs.
Ive gotten lazy and not shaved it for weeks at a time, my hair doesnt get as long as the average man imo.

kim85
12-02-2007, 06:58 PM
I personally do shave my armpits pretty much everyweek. As for my legs i dont do it as much in the winter cos it keeps my legs warm lol. Im pretty much a tomboy i dont do dressed and on rare times when i where a skirt they are normally long ones
Kim
xxx

susanmichelle
12-02-2007, 07:37 PM
I shave my armpits daily in the shower and guess thats why I dont have any bumps or anything like that, not only does it give the fem look I personally dont sweat alot and dont have to use dedorant as the main reason you get body odor there is because of the hair in the first place. Most of my girlfriends and all of my ex wives all had pit hair but the legs didnt grow much on any of them as it was very fine anyway. Guess it depends on each persons genes how much hair they have and dont.

Susan Michelle

Tasha T
12-02-2007, 08:29 PM
If you don't think the appearance of your armpits is important, check out this link to the cover of Star Magazine:

http://jezebel.com/gossip/midweek-madness/this-week-in-tabloids-twisted-childhoods-plastic-surgery-addictions--body-bloopers-325484.php

I had a good laugh learning about this "news" while waiting in the checkout line at the grocery store the other day. I mean, who really cares what Beyonce's armpits look like? She's hot!!!

trannie T
12-02-2007, 08:58 PM
Many women have hair in their armpits, very few ladies do.

Kelli Taylor
12-03-2007, 12:05 AM
if they did'nt shave, then yes they would EWWWWWW!!!!!!!!

Bethany_Anne_Fae
12-03-2007, 12:10 AM
I've heard that hair under the arms is a trait of women in europe. Don't know if thats true or not though

sterling12
12-03-2007, 01:07 AM
Obviously, you have never traveled to France! YES, real women grow hair on their legs and in their armpits, quite a few have some, or a lot of hair growth on their arms.

Does it look good to leave hair growing in your "pits?" The simple answer is never! Although there are certain males who favor armpit hair on women, I think we can safely judge that one as a fetish.

Go ahead and shave it off. You don't even have to be CD to do it, as a lot of males are now removing their arm hair, sometimes permanently. Consider it to be a hygiene measure, you sweat just as much but it doesn't collect in the hair, and you smell a lot better.

Peace and Love, Joanie

TeRe
12-03-2007, 01:44 AM
I personally shave my pits daily along with my chest and face. Using sensitive shave gel made for the ladies:D when i first began shaving underarms, i did have some irritation but after a few times not shaving (every other day kind of thing) I've had no problems. I just follow it with a few strokes of Secret (tm) I have smoothness and freshness.

Laurie909
12-03-2007, 04:50 AM
There is nothing that grosses me out faster than armpit hair. Even hairy legs are not as gross as hairy "pits."

KatieZ
12-03-2007, 06:52 AM
15 years ago I was a supervisor in a warehouse. I got called into HR because one of my associates complained that I had an "odor". I was mortified and that night I shaved my pits. Have been shaving them ever since. It only takes a minute in the shower. I just lather up with soap and a couple quick strokes up and another couple down and it's gone. Looks good, feels good, and I no longer "stink".

Tina Dixon
12-03-2007, 07:05 AM
When I dress I roll the hair up under my arms so it don't show, lol, I think most women hair there, they just shave from day one, and I think a lot of men now shave there just for good hygiene.

Emma England
12-03-2007, 08:24 AM
Of course women have hair. Most shave.

I now get my underarms waxed at the same time as a full leg wax (just £5 extra that way).

A lot of men don't bother as their shirts cover themselves (shirt sleeves for women are shorter - or no sleeves at all).

But, it is not just about the appearance. It is cleaner as well. You use less soap and deodarant.

Try shaving with a razor, but you HAVE TO BE careful!!

Tiffy
12-03-2007, 08:30 AM
My wife has armpit hair. She has had for years because her skin breaks out bad each time she shaves it. I told her she did not need to do it for me as I did not mind if she had hair. Turns out I like it. But I have none as I shave my arm pits. LOL weird.

Tiffany

traceyanne
12-03-2007, 11:51 AM
i shave mine twice a week and have done for years, just think its cleaner and when im dressing it looks better. most women that i know are hair free as well. on holidays in europe i have seen some sights with some of the women having more hair than some of the guys. not a nice sight .

Vivian Best
12-03-2007, 12:13 PM
I guess I'll throw my two cents in here and say "yes" real women do grow hair under their arms! Its there for a variety of reasons just as men's are. One is to help perspiration evaporate and act as a lubricant when you move your arms. Personally, I use an anti-perspirant and don't often move my arms, so I shave the suckers off. Enough said from me.

RobertaFermina
12-03-2007, 03:02 PM
Yes,

I have encountered women in Germany with all their natural endowments intact !

I kinda like the European women with all their hair....and all their raw humanity and passion undulled by the American fetish for Demure and Cossetted Femininity.

I also like the American "Ideal".

Kind of like: I love Musky Lamb or Goat meat, and Veal or Vienna Fingers are mighty nice too !

:rose: Roberta :rose:

Nicole Erin
12-03-2007, 03:08 PM
Ehh oh boy more stereotypes about Europeans.
I have not been there, but the femmes I have spoken with in France say that most of them shave their underarms.

And yes women are just as capable of growing underarm hair.

Gender aside, it is more hygenic to shave them cause the deoderant sticks to the skin better.

Fab Karen
12-03-2007, 03:11 PM
Unless you are covered, it's going to draw attention to you in the way you don't want. Shave it( or wax it ), especially if you're going to wear sleeveless dresses/tops.

Jamie14
12-03-2007, 03:43 PM
No armpit hair here, 2x/wk in shower and now used to having clean armpits. Underbellies of arms as well, and constant trimming of tops to keep arm hair to a minimum. Feels great!

Ruth
12-03-2007, 04:21 PM
The natural underarm hair growth of adult women varies a lot from individual to individual, and it dosn't matter whether or not they are resident in Europe. I think some racial types are less hairy than others but I couldn't be definite about that.
The actual appearance is another matter and depends on fashion, which again varies from place to place.
If you are wearing a top which reveals a lot of the armpit area, I think the safe way to go is shaven. I certainly do.

Lisa Golightly
12-03-2007, 04:23 PM
The French kind of go for it...

Genifer Teal
12-03-2007, 05:30 PM
Well, last I checked, the manekins (sp?) didn't have any hair there, so we can rule out the fake women.

As for real women, yes. Maybe some don't - it alwas varies, but probably most do. You can often see a shadow - similar to beard shadow, on a fair skinned girl who shaves there.

In my experience that is an excellent place for laser removal. It is a tender area which makes it sensative to shaving. The cupped shape makes it difficult to shave. For some reason, that particular area on me took well to laser. The hair there grows back slower to begin with and after a few sessions 5 / 6 maybe, no more hair and no shadow from shaving.

Even if you shave the shadow can make it look dirty. One it's gone for good, it just looks cleaner. It is such a small area, so it wouldn't cost all that much. I think it is worth it for anyone who shaves under there regularly.

Gen

wishonastar
12-03-2007, 05:36 PM
I can not stand hairy armpits in women. Wish I had no hair from the neck down or on my face. But my wife would freak out!

ChanDelle
12-03-2007, 08:09 PM
I shave my armpits every day in the shower. A little tender for a couple of days when I started, but not one problem now. I recommend it highly. And think most women shave and some don't.

ChanDelle

Ðarissa
12-03-2007, 08:42 PM
I shave mine sometimes every week and then I may not for a couple weeks. I'm not very hairy in the pits and it doesn't grow back very fast.

kay_jessica
12-04-2007, 02:59 AM
Many women have hair in their armpits, very few ladies do.

Rubbish,

I've heard that hair under the arms is a trait of women in europe. Don't know if thats true or not though

It is true, especially continental Europe, and since there are so many continental Europeans living in the UK now you see a lot of girls with a lot more hair.

Hugs

Kay

angelfire
12-04-2007, 07:08 PM
My ex gf grew pit hair, but she shaved it. Sometimes I'd notice a bit of stubble though. Same with her legs.

EDNA
12-04-2007, 07:17 PM
Yes, but they shave it off. Like they do thier Legs. Even some women have face hairs. That they remove.

chrissietoo
12-08-2007, 08:45 PM
It seems to be an odd fact of nature that women in Europe and much of the rest of the world have hair under their arms, whereas on the North American continent, this hair apparently doesn't exist, except among some younger women in urban environments. I have yet to find a scientific explanation for this.

Women's body hair appears very different to me...usually lighter and shorter, and I find it appealing....then I find smooth women appealing, too.....:happy:

Ms_Judys_pet
12-09-2007, 12:14 AM
"Real women" do grow armpit hair. I usually shave it when I shave my legs.
Ive gotten lazy and not shaved it for weeks at a time, my hair doesnt get as long as the average man imo.

lol,
my Wife is the same way.
i shave everything. Generally parts at a time but everything gets done in the course of a week. She only shaves legs and pits as needed. It can be more than a month between shaving. She rarely wears anything where it wold make a difference , and i don't mind at all. :happy:

We've joked about me being the more femme on in the family.

i use a regular disposable razor for everything other than the face. my face i use an electric razor.
susie

Jillm
12-09-2007, 08:24 AM
I think all gg’s have armpit hair that they shave. I shave my armpits about every other day with not complications.
Jill

charllote34
12-09-2007, 09:49 AM
Depends if your Italian or not!!

Wilma28
12-10-2007, 07:37 AM
Having hair is all a matter of hairedity!!! LOL:heehee:

shirley1
12-10-2007, 06:01 PM
If I went out in a dress, my armpit hair would show. So I'm wondering if real women have armpit hair. Or do they shave it and it hardly grows? I saw a real woman with lots of leg hair once too.

How is it shaving the armpits and what do you use? Are there any bad effects from doing this?

i do shave sometimes but occasionally get a rash which can be irritating as you arms rub together underneath as you walk ect - i find using hair remover cream better although i suppose you could get a rash of that if you had an allergic reaction - most woman remove body hair from armpits legs ect they would see as unsightly not to

chrissietoo
12-12-2007, 11:14 PM
Just to make it real, here's a beauty with raven-hair pits. Yummm :drink:

http://us.a2.yahoofs.com/groups/g_15757302/5290/__sr_/a947.jpg?grwsOYHB8Yhgf4rx

i say: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

KateSpade83
12-12-2007, 11:31 PM
Does shaving make the armpit smell less?

Marvina Martian
12-12-2007, 11:56 PM
Just to make it real, here's a beauty with raven-hair pits. Yummm :drink:

http://us.a2.yahoofs.com/groups/g_15757302/5290/__sr_/a947.jpg?grwsOYHB8Yhgf4rx

i say: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

:puke:

Now I am going to have nightmares! LOL :D

I have been shaving mine for years and it really does help make the stink go away! Soon I'll be doing laser on my whold body though, so I won't have to worry about it!

SANDRA MICHELLE
12-13-2007, 12:00 PM
What planet are you from? Of course they do if they choose to not shave it! Some nationalities have less hair than others but I think everyone has at least some even if it is not easily noticed. I have some Phillipino male friends that have almost no body hair but still have some. As for me I shave mine every day in the shower and my legs as well, it just makes it easier to maintain the look and feel if you stay on top of it daily. I also shave my bikini area most days to be able to wear bikini panties which I do every day. A girl must stay on top of her appearance if she is to look good, don't you think?

KateSpade83
12-13-2007, 09:57 PM
Hey Sandra - I'm Fillipino and have lots of armpit hair. No chest hair but I gotta shave my face often. And I'm really from Chicago but I'm working a good NASA contract job in Houston.

Scotty
12-13-2007, 09:59 PM
I can think of one woman that has more pit hair than any man I know.

My pits take months to grow and even then don't get that long, maybe 3/4" - but I keep them shaved once a week or so.

Seems to reduce on body odor...

chrissietoo
12-15-2007, 10:00 PM
I was thinking about this thread this afternoon when I was at a coffee shop, and I spotted a girl with a very hot body sitting on steps in the sun, knitting. She wore tights and a shear blouse with a hint of nipple....and had long blond hair. She had a beautiful tan, and soft skin. ah, where was I?? oh yeah!

My glance went down to her feet, which were in sandals, and I saw a light shadow of dark hairs running down below her black tights, to her ankles. On her, it was very healthy and natural.

I'm sure, if her arms weren't held together knitting, that she would have revealed a healthy crop of pit hair...

So I thought the answer to the question,

"Do real girls have armpit hair?"

must certainly be,

"Yes, or there would be nothing to shave!"

audrey-lynn
12-16-2007, 05:58 AM
I keep my armpits,chest and legs shaved all the time. It feels so much better that way. Only comments are from the wife in the summer. She tells me I need to get more tan on my legs. That way it doesn't show so much.

Angie G
12-16-2007, 01:25 PM
i keep my armpits shaved I chave 2 or 3 time a week and I love it and I also do my legs hun try it I think it looks better then having hair if you don't like it let it grow back :hugs:
Angie

Lilith Moon
12-16-2007, 04:47 PM
One GG not a hundred miles from me right now :D grows great tufts of thick armpit hair and also has werewolf legs if she doesn't shave regularly. Hmm...she would crucify me if she saw this :heehee: