PDA

View Full Version : Could use some input.

Denise Barrett
12-03-2007, 02:00 AM
Hi ladies, :hugs:

I'm not sure this is worth posting. The last 3-4 weeks have been so amazing for me, still growing into Denise. I have considered, Friday, going into a local beauty shop next to where I buy groceries, to get a manicure, peticure (including painted toes), and my eyebrows waxed. Just walk in, in drab, and let them work on me, Denise. I've just started this adventureous journey with baby steps; friendly lesbian T-girl club, just a few cab drivers, no sweat there. What do you all think, giant leap of mistake, or just another baby step?

You are all so wonderful, I cry everytime I think of you (like now). Wish I could express it better, all my love, respect and admiration for you all, :love:
Denise

P.S. I'm such a damn girl.......isn't it wonderful! :happy:

Joni Beauman
12-03-2007, 02:02 AM
What's the down side? Joni

Lucypink
12-03-2007, 02:20 AM
Thanks to what I read here, few weeks ago I went to have my first pedi and manicure totally in feme, If you are going to do it I recommend you to dress and do it. for me It was another great experience and a total rush. I called in advance and make an appointment, the last one available at night and I asked the lady If she had any problem of a man going dressed. She was lovely and treated me very good. I will do it again next time I can and get a set of nails.... Go for it!!! select the place first and take open shoes to avoid damage to the polish.

I am adding a Pic of how I dressed for the ocation

Bethany_Anne_Fae
12-03-2007, 02:25 AM

I'm not sure this is worth posting. The last 3-4 weeks have been so amazing for me, still growing into Denise. I have considered, Friday, going into a local beauty shop next to where I buy groceries, to get a manicure, peticure (including painted toes), and my eyebrows waxed. Just walk in, in drab, and let them work on me, Denise. I've just started this adventureous journey with baby steps; friendly lesbian T-girl club, just a few cab drivers, no sweat there. What do you all think, giant leap of mistake, or just another baby step?

You are all so wonderful, I cry everytime I think of you (like now). Wish I could express it better, all my love, respect and admiration for you all, :love:
Denise

P.S. I'm such a damn girl.......isn't it wonderful! :happy:
Your whole attitude is wonderful, baby! Thats why you should go for it and have some fun!

Miss Petra
12-03-2007, 04:06 AM
Just do it. I have had several manicures & Pedicures. I have had no color there cuz wife is not comfortable with that. The minute I get home I put my own color on. The last one I had done I did it with my wife on our 8th wedding anniversary.

Denise you wont be the first male getting color on their toes and you wont be the last just go for it.

Make sure they tell you costs of everything cuz they will see you comin and they tend to take advantage of us guys and give us the works and all of a sudden its 100 bucks when the same would of cost a GG in the know would of been $60.00

So nothing wrong with asking prices.

Hugz,

Petra

renee k
12-03-2007, 04:29 AM
HI Denise,

I agree with the others, just go and do it! before I started getting electrolysis.I would have my brows waxed and a manicure whenever I had my haircut. And you'll love pedicures. So go and enjoy!!

Huggs, Renee

kim85
12-03-2007, 05:18 AM
id say if you want to go for it, its not a mistake if its something you want to do. Br proud to be who you are.
Kim
xxx

Dawn Marie
12-03-2007, 08:24 AM
Denise,

I've seen a few men in the nail salon when I'm there getting my nails done and the rest of the ladies think nothing about it. I think this would be a great step towards a confindence booster, and believe me you will wish you had done it earlier. It is even more fun in full femme mode. Good Luck, Dawn.:thumbsup:

JoAnnDallas
12-03-2007, 10:43 AM
Go for it. I go once a month in drab. I get the full works pedicure/toe nail polish/manicure/nail polish/eyebrow waxed. My tech is great and my wife has on occasion has gone with me. I am sure my tech as well as most of the other techs know that I am TG. I can still remember a few words or phases as I am a vietnam vet and know the word(s) and phases for TG in their language. LOL I think if I went dressed they would have not problem at all with me. I am sure I am not the only TG person that uses their shop.

Patty
12-03-2007, 10:57 AM
I have my nails done (had tips and gel) now fill every 2-3 weeks also have a pedicure with paint every 2-3 weeks
Love doing it - wish I could understand what they are saying but of well.

jennifer41356
12-03-2007, 12:21 PM
why not have even more fun and go as Denise?...they probably treat you as one of the gals in the shop:thumbsup:

Eileen
12-03-2007, 12:33 PM
Go for it Denise and go as Denise. That is who you are and you will feel so good getting out as a woman!

Eileen

Vivian Best
12-03-2007, 12:40 PM
Probably be best to make an appointment and find out what they suggest. Some places suggest you come in as the last appointment of the day others don't care. I would dress but do it casual that way most will not pay any attention to you. I'd go for it sweetie.

MJ
12-03-2007, 12:56 PM
You are all so wonderful, I cry every time I think of you (like now). Wish I could express it better, all my love, respect and admiration for you all,

aww Thank you Denise
i also use to go and get my eyes waxed and a pedi and manicure, all in drab mode never an issue ever and it's so much fun too , hey if you are ever up this way you need a guide I'm your girl

Nicole Erin
12-03-2007, 03:16 PM
Careful Denise, your mascara is running :heehee:

It is nice to be able to do things in a salon, it beats the dumb ol barber shop.

Denise, it sounds like you are pretty serious about all this, and I say you look quite pretty.

Renee D
12-03-2007, 03:53 PM
I just wanted to say also how great you look.....I have had my nails done many times and NEVER while I was dressed. To me it is a whole lot easier to be a guy getting his nails done vs. dressed and being read by everybody. (I don't come even close to passing so why bother! But that's just me....)

I promise you, after the first 30 nervous seconds it becomes quite thrilling! No one really even notices and no really cares.

Go for it.....my vote is in drab.

I hope this helps.....take care

Tammygirl
12-03-2007, 04:02 PM
I'll add my two cents and say GO FOR IT!
I've had it done many many times and loved it!

Love tammy

susie evans
12-03-2007, 06:01 PM
DENISE i would not hesatate at all no one will notice :hugs:

susie

trannie T
12-03-2007, 06:14 PM
If you want to go in drab, then go in drab. If you want to go en femme then go that way. Do what you are comfortable with. Whatever you decide you are going to have a good time.

tricia_uktv
12-03-2007, 06:23 PM
Probably be best to make an appointment and find out what they suggest. Some places suggest you come in as the last appointment of the day others don't care. I would dress but do it casual that way most will not pay any attention to you. I'd go for it sweetie.

Yes, I would certainly plan it and the only other thing is that you say is that it is local. If you are sure go local but that may impinge on other areas of your life - but certainly do it and send us a picture, wherever you get it done

Denise Barrett
12-03-2007, 09:16 PM

The courage all of you have helped to instill in me is just amazing. After work, I went to a shop a couple of blocks from my apartment, and made an appointment for Friday. The girls were gone, but there was a young man who took my appointment for manicure, pedicure, and eyebrow waxing. He had this perplexed look on his face, and a grin. When he told me the price, which was very reasonable ($35) I asked if it included the polish. With another perplexed smile, he said “it does”. When he asked my name I said, “Steve, but you can call me Denise, because that’s who I am”. I won’t go in dress because in my apartment building we all face a common courtyard and can see everyone come and go, so I don’t need added intrigue in my life. But I don’t need to dress, no matter what I wear, I’m always Denise inside; the clothes make me feel more complete, but doesn’t add to who I am.

Like most of you, I have no idea where this journey is ultimately going to end up, but no matter what, it’s one h**l of a ride. Thank you all so much for the examples you are to all of us. I only hope that I can do as much for someone else in the future.

With all my love, respect, admiration, and undying appreciation,
Denise

Carla4Guage
12-03-2007, 11:22 PM
I hope you made your appointment (was it last Friday or this Friday?). Either way enjoy it. I have only been a couple of time, got a pedicure last time. I’ve never gotten them to paint a color, just clear polish, but it makes applying color so much easier later. I’m going to get my eyebrows waxed next time. Each step makes the next one easier. I’ve now shopped in fem, tried clothes in the dressing rooms, and had my makeup touched up (and improved!), at a cosmetic counter in Macy’s. Unless you really go overboard with what you wear, most people don’t really pay attention to you. Do you remember the faces of the people you pass when in drab? (They don’t remember you either, so why worry.)