PDA

View Full Version : What do you do that keeps you firmly in guy mode?

SiobhanW
12-03-2007, 01:52 PM
This weekend I was doing one of the guy things I love - messing around with cars. I was at a motor show and the only feminine thought that entered my head the entire day - a really hot girl passed me in a blouse and skirt that she looked great in and I thought would look good on me. The rest of the time there - nothing, nada, niente.

Same this morning while I was on the treadmill. I was watching last night's episode of the British motoring show "Top Gear" and, again, not a single feminine thought entered my head the entire time.

On Friday I was feeling really girly. This was the day I had set aside for my manipedi and waxing, and afterwards I was going to go shopping for a new dress. However, before I even made it out of my street I had problems with my car and, SNAP, firmly back into guy mode until I'd gotten my car down to the shop and had it fixed. Then it was actually a real slow shift in mindset to where I could get back to thinking about and enjoying the girly stuff I had planned for the rest of the day, it didn't happen all at once.

So the question is....what keeps you firmly in guy mode? Or for that matter what can snap you almost instantly back into guy mode and keep you there, whether you want it to or not?

Nicole Erin
12-03-2007, 02:39 PM
Like you, automotive stuff.
I do my own car work.
Yeah I don't normally have a lot of feminine thoughts when turning wrenches, scraping my hands, or cussing about slipping wrenches [You know where there is this heat shield edge or stud that my hand meets]

Plus I wear my raggediest clothes I can to do car work.

SiobhanW
12-03-2007, 02:49 PM
I do my own car work on older cars, say prior to 1980. But I can't be arsed with anything that has an engine compartment so crowded that you can't get to what you need to fix easily, or anything with a computer that controls it.

Nicole Erin
12-03-2007, 02:55 PM
I do my own car work on older cars, say prior to 1980. But I can't be arsed with anything that has an engine compartment so crowded that you can't get to what you need to fix easily, or anything with a computer that controls it.

The basics are still the same. AutoZone will hook up a scanner if the check engine light is on.

But yes when everything is crammed under the hood it is a pain. On my wife's stupid Stratus, 3 of the plugs are under the UIM. Talk about a good time replacing them. I look forward to it.

Jilmac
12-03-2007, 02:56 PM
i've been a carpenter for 40 some odd years, so for me it's working with my tools or putzing in the garage

Marla S
12-03-2007, 03:06 PM
So the question is....what keeps you firmly in guy mode? Or for that matter what can snap you almost instantly back into guy mode and keep you there, whether you want it to or not?
Everything that requires concentration or distracts from the own appearance, doesn't depend on the activity.
Can be housekeeping, knitting, sewing, technical stuff or whatever.
For me it's not a switch of the mode but a switch of the focus.

Vivian Best
12-03-2007, 03:28 PM

When I'm around people, especially my wife!

Kate Simmons
12-03-2007, 03:53 PM
Nothing really. I have a flexible floating neural net and, like Marla, my attention is focused on the task at hand rather than who I "am".:happy:

Tallie
12-03-2007, 04:02 PM
I do not always feel feminine so it can be anytime. Sometimes when I need to concentrate on my work, I stay in male mode (except that I wear panties almost always) so that I am not distracted by anything else. I've done "male" things around the house in a skirt but sometimes that gets in the way.

Samantha43
12-03-2007, 05:19 PM
All of my hobbies are generally considered male hobbies. I guess for me it is more of a feeling of when I need to be in girl mode.

Deborah Jane
12-03-2007, 05:34 PM
Messing about with my "street rod" and my European Capri [which i often use for track days] are my big interest in guy mode. When i,m working on and playing with them, c/ding rarely even enters my head...But when i,m not messing with my cars,.... i like being girly:heehee:

Eugenie
12-03-2007, 05:36 PM
I love wood working. As soon as I got my early retirement, I sold my car (one was enough for my wife and I) and used my garage as a workshop. I have installed most of te cabinet maker's equipment that is within my abilty to use :o and within my budget... :heehee:

With regard to cars, they never were interesting me. Actually I fell in love with a car recently, not as a man, but indeed as a x-dresser... It is the first time I ever fall in love with a car...

I felt that the Mazda Mx 5 would just put the final feminine touch to my x-dressing. That car is so cute... :love:

http://www.mazdausa.com/MusaWeb/displayPage.action?pageParameter=modelsMain&vehicleCode=MX5

I can easily imagine myself driving it while "en femme"... Wouldn't touch the engine though...:heehee: I'd get a gentleman to do that for me...:tongueout

:hugs:
Eugenie
PS: I have no acquaitances not vested interest in Mazda cars :happy:

SiobhanW
12-03-2007, 05:37 PM
European Capri

Ooh, now you've got me interested! What "Mark" Capri is it?

Ðarissa
12-03-2007, 05:43 PM
I don't like talking about cars. When guys start doing that, I get the hell out of there.... I get so bored. :p

*runs away*

loki_uk
12-03-2007, 05:51 PM
Playing computer games with my son, you can't feel girly playing call of duty

Ok when my daughter wants me to play pepper pig or barbie it gets trickier...

Raquelle C
12-03-2007, 05:52 PM
What an interesting question and topic!

Sometimes I am 'locked' in guy mode for weeks!!! It's kinda crazy to figure out, but it makes complete sense.

Samantha hit the nail on the head, although when I am wrapped up in all my many male hobbies I barely have time or energy to even think about girl stuff.

When I am working on my cars, auto racing, working on the house, drinking with friends, and all that other cool guy stuff... I rarely 'feel' my girl side much. Like I said at times I have gone weeks with out getting into girl mode, some times barely even caring about doing so. Seems strange to me, but there are definately Gender specific activities that are dominated by one gender or another. Mrs. Danica is not your average girl, and if you met her she seems like a boy... manerisms & personality are more guy like.

tricia_uktv
12-03-2007, 05:54 PM
I suppose the answer for me is when I have to be. I can only dress away from home as I don't want my children to be affected (they know and have requested that). I push the limits a bit but then.... what is guy mode? Some girls love cars, I love make-up. Not sure about the question? but glad you've asked it ,Siobhan, and I've always loved that name,

hugs,

Deborah Jane
12-03-2007, 06:09 PM
Ooh, now you've got me interested! What "Mark" Capri is it?

Mark 3...2.8 injection

tricia_uktv
12-03-2007, 06:14 PM
Mark 3...2.8 injection

Where can I find Mark 3?

Wendy me
12-03-2007, 06:21 PM
been out hunting with the guys.... in camo and hunting boots not very fem ... hell i even broke a nail and did not get upset.........

Scotty
12-03-2007, 06:22 PM
Cars, Boat racing, and Martial arts.
Sword fighting. Rc planes...

Although I was just stretching out and was in my pink sweats and pink shirt but i'm not at the Dojo...

SiobhanW
12-03-2007, 06:30 PM
Mark 3...2.8 injection

That's cool. But being a child of the '60s and '70s, I really prefer the Mk. 1. Who was it on TV in the late '70s who drove a later one? Was it on the Professionals? Maybe the British girls can help me out here?

Deborah Jane
12-03-2007, 06:32 PM
That's cool. But being a child of the '60s and '70s, I really prefer the Mk. 1. Who was it on TV in the late '70s who drove a later one? Was it on the Professionals? Maybe the British girls can help me out here?

yup..the professionals drove mark 3s!!

AmandaM
12-03-2007, 07:01 PM
About the only thing that can do that for me is when I am at the gun range or practicing martial arts. Sometimes, it doesn't work and I want to be in the chicks with machineguns videos! LOL

Ðarissa
12-03-2007, 08:34 PM
Playing computer games with my son, you can't feel girly playing call of dutyI guess it's video gaming for me too, although if I can play a girl character I will. :heehee:

Melinda G
12-03-2007, 08:38 PM
I think we fet twice as much out of life, as the average beer swilling, football watching guy. The best of both worlds. :D

SandyR
12-03-2007, 08:55 PM
I love being in guy mode, really do. Hit the gym today at lunch, get dressed....out to the floor on the eliptical, 20 minutes. Then down to the floor to do my chest and arms, and BAM!@@@@@@, in walks this most amazing women. Dressed in a wonderful skirt real hose on (black). WOW! Then I look at her shoes and giggle. I have the same pair. Made me want to dress on the spot. For me its the shoes, trigers the girl in me everytime....

SandyR

Nicole Erin
12-03-2007, 09:01 PM
I guess it's video gaming for me too, although if I can play a girl character I will. :heehee:

Ahh another video game nerd. Well if you and I ever played one of the Street fighter alphas, don't you dare pick Rose, she is MY character. A-ism mode.

Carla4Guage
12-03-2007, 11:33 PM
Guy mode really set in when I get off the elevator and head to my office. I have enough at work to keep me locked to the grindstone. Lunch time, however, is mine (I shut my door and check this site and my fem email account.)
Interesting thought, do others keep an email account strictly for their fem correspondence? I have to be careful to keep Carla only on one separate email account as other family members know my other username & passwords.

suchacutie
12-03-2007, 11:45 PM
I really want my male and female selves to be separate. This can cause some issues of Tina suddenly finding herself needing to drop her role and become the guy except that she's still dressed!

But, that notwithstanding, work pulls me right to guy mode unless its Tina helping him with something specific. Normally my guy side is so attached to what I've done all these years, that work pulls me toward the male side quickly. Obviously, for me anything family related means "him". And the biggest switch is when my wife wants the guy me around! Well, you can see that I can't imagine saying no to that, huh?

But doesn't that somewhat define where we allow our female selves to go? Once you've eliminated that which is clearly male, our female selves slide into the rest :)

tina

Joni T
12-04-2007, 12:19 AM
At the gun/trap range. No girlie thoughts then.

Jennifer in CO
12-04-2007, 12:43 AM
sorry girls but under my nomex is always a sports bra and panties....

Jenn

erickka
12-04-2007, 07:48 AM
When my male responsibilities call, I don't have time to think about it. When all is completed, then I shift slowly into Erickka mode. Once there, it is my chill zone, but if duty calls, I just seem to snap right out of it again.

Billiemarie
12-04-2007, 08:21 AM
On the weekend I dressup but not in bra and panties, but cowboy hat and boots. And I'm a member of SASS and Western 3Gun. Its compatition shooting using guns of the old west and dressing the part. Gals play too dressing like Victorian lady or a Saloon dancehall girl. Be polite with these gals because they just may have a pair of Colts 44/40's strapped on them.
Lot of fun.

jonnie64
12-04-2007, 09:08 AM
Like several others here, I love woodworking. I build furniture, built-ins, jewelry boxes and custom cabinets. I love being covered with sawdust ALMOST as much as I do being covered in nylon!!

Angie G
12-04-2007, 09:10 AM
Mentally I never in all guy mode there is always some girly going on in there :hugs:
Angie

Emily Ann Brown
12-04-2007, 09:29 AM
Nothing keeps me totally in guy mode !

Emily Ann

TerriM
12-04-2007, 09:33 AM
Years ago at a support group meeting I was attending this topic came up. At the time I was assigned to a narcotics unit. I told the group how funny it was that I loved breaking down doors on some of the operations I was assigned to and how also I loved shopping enfemme. Well I don't break down doors anymore, but one of the things that puts me in guy mode now is reading a story to my grandaughter or holding my youngest GD in my arms.

Yours Terri

Tiffy
12-04-2007, 10:06 AM
I breed Game Chickens and it keeps me grounded to my guy side because of the mindset of the people who breed chickens. Most of them just would not get me doing it in a skirt. And I have a bad fix on cars and bikes as well. Though I would love to do it all in a skirt.

Tiffany

Ðarissa
12-04-2007, 10:25 AM
Ahh another video game nerd. Well if you and I ever played one of the Street fighter alphas, don't you dare pick Rose, she is MY character. A-ism mode.Never got into the fighting stuffs. I'm more of a FPS / RPG gamer in a single player flavor. :D

kymmieLorain
12-04-2007, 10:39 AM
Working on cars isn't just for guys anymore. It all depends on my mood as to my feelings doing any particulur thing. Sometimes it is just a guy thing yet other times I wish I could work in a nice skirt, tank and sandels( with heel of course)
I often off road in a skirt or dress.

Kymmie

Jocelyn Quivers
12-05-2007, 12:05 AM
Ahh another video game nerd. Well if you and I ever played one of the Street fighter alphas, don't you dare pick Rose, she is MY character. A-ism mode.

Ahh not just another video game nerd, but a Street Fighter video game nerd. Well if you ever were to play against me do not even think of picking Chun-Li. That's my character. Although I hate her outfits in the alpha series.:Angry3:

Crissy Kay
12-05-2007, 10:50 AM
For me, its playing FPS games, and old fashioned wargames with paper maps, and cardboard counters that stand for historical military units.

Shannon CD
12-05-2007, 10:53 AM
I don't think about dressing when I'm fishing.

Tracy_Victoria
12-05-2007, 11:08 AM
Illness.

Have had very little desire to dress, since becoming ill, would love to do so, but at present I can't see a point, nor would I really enjoy it. I Suppose I'm lucky, I have control over my dressing, not it has control over me, therefore I dress when the time is right, and I can do it unrushed and enjoy it, over hurrying and then wishing I'd never bothered.

Thankfully I'm getting back to full health, and therefore I hope to be dressing again soon!

Anyone know why one hour becomes 15 minutes when dressed, seem no sooner I start it time to change back.

Super_Jess
12-05-2007, 01:25 PM
I have been Racing FWD cars on local tracks (KCIR, Gateway, and a few others) since the age of 17. I do most of my own work(A Lady in IL actually does my block internals) and I plan on always continueing to race, even tho its considered "a guy thing" I plan on transitioning some day, hopefully soon, I just see it as something that I do Ill do it as a girl just the same.

joann07
12-05-2007, 03:01 PM
I love driving my 3 cars; collecting guns; collecting WWII, Korea, Vietnam, present day U.S. militaria; and comics.
I also love watching sports, especially college and pro football.
Although, I would love to cheer my favorite NFL teams (Bucs and Cowboys) in their respective cheerleader uniforms. :heehee:

I can do very basic auto maintenance, such as oil chgs and coolant flushes, but other than that, I'm a novice.
By the way, for you do-it-yourself well experienced auto mechanics, I have a 1995 Eagle Talon with a dead engine (probably blew a rod or something).
I could surely use that car right now, with gas prices being so high, but I'm probably going to donate it. However, I was just curious to know much do you think it would cost to rebuild it or do an engine swap?

Hugs!

Alex!
12-05-2007, 09:41 PM
My genes and all that entails keep me in guy mode. I don't ever feel anything else - but perhaps we are just human and there is no such thing as girl-mode and guy-mode. It's worth thinking about...

After all, I know a few women who know a great deal more about cars than I do. Besides, aircraft are WAY cooler than cars.

Sinthia
12-05-2007, 09:54 PM
Any job that I have had, especially now since I work at a high school, keeps me in my guy mode, except for panties 24/7. But when I was married and home alone, I did about everything dressed. Building a gazebo, rebuilding a fence, painting, mowing lawns in back yard, cleaning all the windows, inside and out, etc. I miss being able to do projects like that. Can't do them in a condo.

brittanny
12-05-2007, 09:58 PM
I do a lot of guy things but I do most of them at least sometimes in girl mode like hunting working on cars ect so I guess nothing really keeps me in guy mode

Suzie S.
12-06-2007, 06:30 AM
I guess for me it's watching sports, doing yard work or home improvement projects. When I'm playing with power tools the testosterone starts kicking in, LOL! :D

Raychel
12-06-2007, 07:23 AM
I work as an Auto Mechanic all day long, That is enough for me.

Hali
12-06-2007, 10:54 AM
When i have a project dead-line or when i feel that Cding can/might ruin my future or when am having religious thoughts or when am in the midst of ma male friends for a long time may be on a trip or when am deeply-upset with somethin and that thing is threatening ma success, and sometimes if a babe annoy me i'll hate all women at that moment and hate maself for being a CD.

A part from that i guess i think about CDing alot.

Kari Lynn Franks
12-06-2007, 04:20 PM
Im a home remodeler I always have panties and a bra on even under work clothes when working at home i have no problems pulling out the table saw out to the driveway wearing a skirt the only prob I have when doing that is its kinda hard to keep the measuring tape from getting lost since it doesnt clip to the skirt very well

Tiffany Leigh
12-06-2007, 08:52 PM
From about april till october we are racing our dirt-latemodel every weekend. My job is 8-10 hours a day, then another 4 or so in the shop every night, then raceday is all day and sunday its church and try to R&R. No time for anything, now october till march, Im bored silly and think to much of CDing.

Tiffany

Dawn Marie
12-07-2007, 11:34 PM
When my wife calls me and tells me she will be home early. Then its a quick rush to get everything off and put out of sight, and go back to drab.

Denise Barrett
12-08-2007, 12:02 AM
Hi all, :hugs:

I have to say absolutely nothing anymore, I lived that facade for 59 years. I'm not really even sure what a "guy" is. I'm a male, but that's only gender and has nothing to do with who I really am. Don't think I've ever really been a guy, for real.

Love ya all, :love:
Denise

shauna 9
12-08-2007, 11:11 AM
I work as boat Mechanic all day long, That is enough for me.

Denielleinheels
12-08-2007, 11:46 AM
I guess for me I have just quit trying to fight the person I call me.