PDA

View Full Version : about me... (and my wife)

Sigrid
04-09-2005, 02:08 PM
(I was writing this as a follow up post to my original in the Member Introductions forum, but decided to move it out hear in the M2F forum)

I know I'm very fortunate to have a loving supportive wife, from what I've observed here, it's not the norm. I've been dressing on a regular basis (every couple weeks) for 5-6 years now and with her blessing. I never tried makeup (except lipstick) nor a wig and hence have never presented anything more than the "man in a dress" image. I didn't think this would add anything to our relationship, so I told her I'd really prefer only to dress in private, by myself.

Three weeks ago, I had what is shaping up to be a life changing experience. While visiting in Scottsdale, AZ, I had some free time to myself and went to one of the local malls. I was browsing in the cosmetics department of Macy's when a sales clerk asked if she could help me find anything. Without hesitation and much to my own surprise I asked if they carried Dermablend. In the last few months I have become increasinly curious about makeup and the whole feminine look. Within just five minutes she and her male associate had me seated at the counter and were color matching my complexion and giving me application advice. After about 45 minutes I was out the door with a bag filled with foundation, powder and an assortment of skin preparation products. The fact that this was the first time I had openly expressed my CD intentions to anyone other than my wife was not lost on me. I was elated and came back the very next day to express my gratitude and presented her with a nice tip $$.

I resolved that I was not only going to attempt the most feminine image I could achieve, but that I would make an effort to bring it out in public, though will likely limit my exposure to T-friendly environments. In the last week I've bought a wig, cosmetics, a waist cincher, new boots and have spent several hours looking for a new wardrobe. It's been a wonderful experience, and almost literally overwhelming. I've asked on few occasions if I could try on some garments and haven't yet been denied. In fact, in the Dillard’s ingerie department I was shown to women’s fitting room - it was just a few minutes to closing time and there were no other customers around, and at The Gap, I asked if I could take a few garments down to the men’s dressing room and was given a very enthusiastic "Of course you may"! Each time in DRAB.

Most importantly, I just came out to my wife again and told her of what I have committed to. We hadn't spoke of my dressing for nearly 5 years and my admissions brought tears (of joy) to her eyes. She was indeed grateful to see me open up like this to her and show her the trust and respect she so richlydeserves.

I'm becoming a bit concerned, however, that it all may have been a little too much for her the last few days in that I've been constantly going on about my new purchases and plans, not to mention the more serious conversations we've had regarding my coming out and its implication on the kids (this I hope to bring up later in another thread). In fact this may be the main reason I've finally decided to registere on this forum - I need to express my thoughts and there are just too many to lay on just one individual.

I think for a while I'll back off a bit and give her a chance to let it settle in. When I get a better sense of comfort from her, I'll bring her to this site and invite her to join in.

-Sigrid

p.s. My wife just walked in and I had her read the last two paragraphs. She confirmed my observations and said that in time she may consider contributing to the forum.

Tristen Cox
04-09-2005, 02:32 PM
Great, we'd love to have her join as well. No you shouldn't limit yourself when you have such a wealth of experience and good listeners here to share with and recieve feedback. Thank you very much for taking the time to share with us. You're one of the lucky ones who have someone to love and be so open with. Never take that for granted. Looking forward to more posts from you:)

Julie York
04-09-2005, 04:14 PM
Hi,
Welcome. You express yourself well so it will be really good to hear how you are getting on and how your SO is coping with this new development. Keep posting. Have fun.

Sophie
04-09-2005, 07:41 PM
Take it slow and be completely Honest. That is all anyone can ask of you. i really hope that the increased femininity works for you. No girl should be scared of their man wanting to lok more like them! It is, as far as i'm concerned the ultimate compliment.

Sophie

carolynhcd
04-09-2005, 11:16 PM
Sigrid, so cool that you have had this epiphany and have chosen to join us. You will be most welcome here and so will your wife. I am so happy for you. I have met so many wonderful people since I joined and the membership has soared since that time. This place has made my life so much easier and less stressful. I am sure it will be that way for you too. Welcome! I lived in the Bay Area from 80 to 90. Pm me anytime you want to.

Chrissycd
04-10-2005, 12:42 AM
to slow down now, and it sounds like you already know that much. It's not that you shouldn't continue on your path, but just that sometimes we girls can get just a tinsy bit impulsive and make decisions that we wish we'd taken more time for first.
Take me as an example. When I initially shopped, I bought alot of high heels and a multitude of bustiers. They're addicting!!! :p
Now that I've been dressing and coming out more, I see that 4 inch heels are sexy, but they aren't very practical for a girl who's already 6 feet tall. I'm now shopping for more practical things that I would be comfortable wearing out, and that don't make me stick out in a crowd so much. I'm much happier this way, and enjoy my outings much more. I call my high heels my "house slippers" now b/c I wouldn't be caught dead in them in public.
Plus, the other side of it is, an SO will think you have lost touch w/ reality if you go out and run up the credit card on over the top items. Consider her point of view, talk about fashion with her, subscribe to and read a magazine like Glamour, and it'll all come out okay. Think of your wife not just as your best friend, but as your mentor. And enjoy! :)
Chrissy

Sweet Susan
04-10-2005, 01:22 AM
Good luck on your journey. You piece was written very well, hence easy to understand. I'll be looking forward to more of your quest to find yourself.

Holly
04-10-2005, 01:49 AM
Sigrid, first of all welcome. It's already easy to see that you a valuable asset to our community! You are already on the right track in slowing things down a bit. Sometimes our enthusiasm overpowers our common sense. Your wife can become YOUR biggest asset so nurture her. Give her the space and time she needs to comprehend what is happening. Reassure her of your love and commitment. And by all means, let us know what is going on and how we may be of assistance to the two of you.

AngelBelow
04-10-2005, 02:57 AM
Hey if you ever come down to AZ we can hang out ^_^... that'd be cool.

don't worry about things too much. honesty is the best key to a relationship. honesty builds trust, and trust bridges a strong connection between one person to another. your wife has to be a wonderful person to accept who you are.

hope things go good for you in the future ^_^.

~*AMH*~

DonnaT
04-10-2005, 01:23 PM
Hi Sigrid. Really liked your post.

Some of us can really get carried away when we feel that euphoria of dressing even further, and looking even better than we thought possible. I know when I first dressed fully back in 75 or 76, the first thing I asked my wife was if we could go to the mall. She, of course, said no :(

When we carried away, it soon becomes about us, and our wives don't like that at all! I'm glad to hear you've already figured out that you need to slow down. Let her get acclimated to this new part of your relationship.

You may want to find a TG support group in your area, and join with your wife. Other SO's will give your wife someone else to talk to, to open up too when she needs to. A lot of time our wives have no one to talk to, and sometimes even the forum isn't as good as talking face-to-face with someone else who has or is going through some of the issues she will be going through. When they can't talk to someone else, it gets bottled up and at some point the steam must be released or it will blow up.

Looking forward to your wife joining in.

Sigrid
04-10-2005, 05:41 PM
First, let me just say how grateful I am for all your kind comments and support. In just two days you've made me feel so comfortable and at home. Thank you. oxo

Now, I'm the kind of girl who'll dive into the pond to see if the water's warm. Last week I set an unrealistic goal for myself to come out in public for the first time next week at "California Dreaming" in San Jose, CA. All I needed to accomplish my goal, I figured, was to get a new wig, buy some makeup (and learn to apply it correctly), pick up a cincher to give my waist a little definition, and buy a new outfit to fully capture the new image I had envisioned. Oh yeah, and learn to walk, talk and act more like a lady.

After four days I did managed to pick up the wig, a cincher and some cosmetics. I did try on the makeup for the first time Wednesday along with the wig. Even though I really did a poor job on the makeup, I found the combined effect of wig and makeup was much better than I had expected. I'm still a looong way off though. And, I still have yet to buy one piece of clothing, nor have I made any serious attempts to develop more feminine mannerisms.

Let me also mention, that I've also dramatically changed my eating habits over the last two weeks; much smaller servings, cut out the cheeseburger and fries and the ice cream two hours before bedtime. I've dropped 12 pounds since March 28! I tried on a new skirt two days ago, a size 14
which I found was still too big. Yippee! I can start looking at size 12 skirts now (maybe even 10!!!).

I've been a very busy girl, indeed. But, the downside to all this is is that I have taken something which I thoroughly enjoy and am completely at ease with and have turned it into a project, with a deadline. The last few days have become quite stressful and even the thought of shopping for clothes doesn't really sound like so much fun at the moment. So I've decided forego the gathering in San Jose next week and simply not set any more deadlines for myself. I would be truly regretful if my actions resulted in any loss of interest in what I so much love to do.

My new mantra: relax, go slooow, enjoy... relax, go slooow, enjoy...

love to you all,

~Sigrid