PDA

View Full Version : Where Next?

charlie
12-04-2007, 04:25 PM
Lots of discussion about going out has been posted on these boards. I must admit, going out dressed is an extream charge for me. I have only gone to TG bars though because I don't want confrontation, problems or embarassment. They have been fun and accepting. I will continue to go, but I am not searching to pick up men and am constantly asked "didn't you come to party"? So my question for the forum members with more experience is...where do I go next? Where can I go out dressed and still be somewhat accepted? You were all correct when you told me to go to the thrift stores to shop (it was fun and yes, I did get some nice outfits), now where can I go and spread my wings a bit further?

Phoebe Reece
12-04-2007, 04:34 PM
Try picking out a nice restaurant that does not seem overly crowded with lines out the door. An independent one instead of a large chain type will usually be better.

You might also want to go to the movies sometime.

Butterfly Bill
12-04-2007, 04:47 PM
Go to art shows, classical or folk music concerts, reggae festivals, book and poetry readings, museums, libraries, farmer's markets, any place where you will find liberal and intelligent people who don't have to drink to have a good time. Go out in the daytime.

jennifer41356
12-04-2007, 05:48 PM
check out any local CD club in your town..i met my best friend there and we go clubbing together and we are usually left alone

StacyCD
12-04-2007, 07:22 PM
I am beginning to believe that just doing the things you would normally do is the best way to go about being a crossdresser (i.e., movies, dinner, zoo, parks, etc). If you are 'out of town' do you really care if someone makes you out to be a guy in a dress. You will probably find out that most people don't care what you are wearing (except watch out for 13 yr old girls in groups). Generally people may shake their heads but most are simply too busy with themselves to worry about you. This just being 'out' will do more for your confidence than just about anything you can do.