PDA

View Full Version : Woman Within catalogue just came to my office!!

Rene L
12-04-2007, 05:51 PM
I work in a relatively small office, about 35 employees. To make a long story as short as possible, I registered on line with Lane Bryant and a couple of other women's wear web sites using my office address. :raisedeyebrow:Well, I wonder what the receptionist, who also sorts the mail, thought when she saw the Woman Within catalogue addressed to "Brad *****"!!?? :OMG: I know it doesn't completely "out" me, but it may raise a question or two.

I'm imaginging being downstairs at her desk sometime later this week and hearing "Hey, Brad, did you get that catalogue I sent up to you?"

"Yeah, P., I got it. Did you happen to browse through it?"

"Yes, I did. There's some good sales in there."

"I know! I think I'm going to order the animal print body shaper on clearance. They actually have it in my size"
:confused2:
:roflmao:

MarciManseau
12-04-2007, 06:00 PM
You're married, so just say it must have been meant for your wife.

Hugs, Marci :hugs:

Laura Kane
12-04-2007, 06:03 PM
Ask them which one of them registered you. You assume it's a joke and not a half bad joke at that. Come on; it is pretty funny. You're just wondering which of them did it.

Robertacd
12-04-2007, 06:51 PM
Ask them which one of them registered you. You assume it's a joke and not a half bad joke at that. Come on; it is pretty funny. You're just wondering which of them did it.

That might work.

One if the lame jokes guys at my work like to play on others is to sign them up for weird catalogs and have them sent to work.

tricia_uktv
12-04-2007, 07:00 PM
Rene,

There's more than 36 people in my office! I'm fairly sure you knew what you wre doing when you ordered the catalog - so live with it and enjoy it, or back-track as quick as you can.

You've got just one chance at this,

so choose wisely,

and I hope it works for you,

(be brave)

StacyCD
12-04-2007, 07:06 PM
Don't get too worked up about it! People get all kinds of catalogs for all kinds of reasons. I keep getting mailings from the NRA because I purchased an out of state fishing license from Montana. Considering my political leanings they are wasting their postage!

mysteryUser
12-04-2007, 07:13 PM
when ever my boss is on holiday, or away on business, i have to take on his role, and i also get copies of all his emails, to ensure all his clients are delt with if they email in. and there are a number of emails he gets aimed at wemen.

i believe that its to do with his online shopping for his wife.
theses things happen.

Susan.
12-04-2007, 07:33 PM
While I'm married, there are some at work who know that we get Victoria Secret and Frederick's of Hollywood catalogue. I tell them that it's the poor man's Playboy. Women Within, not so much.:p

flatlander_48
12-04-2007, 11:16 PM
A few years back, I got a Frederick's catalog at work. I did not request it. They bought a mailing list off of La Redoute, I think. Anyway, not a fun experience. A had a lot of tension when that showing up, but nothing was ever said.

trannie T
12-04-2007, 11:32 PM
I worked in a place where when a new guy joined us we would order a Fredrick's or other catalog in his name or nick name. Of course it would be delivered to the office. We would kid them unmercifully until the next new guy showed up. It was all in good humor and even the victims laughed about it.

Phyliss
12-05-2007, 04:25 AM
I work in a relatively small office, about 35 employees. To make a long story as short as possible, I registered on line with Lane Bryant and a couple of other women's wear web sites using my office address. :raisedeyebrow:Well, I wonder what the receptionist, who also sorts the mail, thought when she saw the Woman Within catalogue addressed to "Brad *****"!!?? :OMG: I know it doesn't completely "out" me, but it may raise a question or two.

I'm imaginging being downstairs at her desk sometime later this week
:roflmao:

Be ready for about a ton of "catalogs". Once your name gets on one mailing list it ends up on about a zillion others. W.W. is a good example. Next will be Roamans, then Silhouettes, Intimate Promise also, perhaps some Lane Bryant mags will show up, ect.

The almost "fun" part is that they NEVER stop coming.

Rene L
12-05-2007, 09:10 AM
for your comments. I'm not worried as such, just found it funny and kind of wonder what P thought when she was sorting the mail. Then my imagination let me have some fun.

I am a bit concerned about a LOT of catalogues showing up, though! And I loved the idea of asking my co-workers who played the joke on me. I might mention, too, that the office is 80% women, so it could have been almost anyone!!

Just hoped you all got a smile out of it like I did! :D

jenniferj
12-05-2007, 12:09 PM
If you want to stay "inside" it is perfectly believable if you say that you ordered something online as a surprise for your wife(or your Mom or Aunt Alice, or ... ) and you used the office as a mailing address since there would be nobody athome to get the package.

If they play "columbo" on you and ask about the package, you canceled the order. And it is perfectly valid to say that the stores were passing your name around - they really do that.

-jj

marie354
12-05-2007, 12:15 PM
I wouldn't worry too much about it, just say you were looking for something for your wife and filled in all the forms.

glynnis
12-05-2007, 02:13 PM
I often buy from Woman Within,its a great catalog.Both my wife and I buy stuff from them.

kateyliz
12-05-2007, 05:52 PM
One line that I use sometimes is: "Just how in hell did I get on that mailing liat", Hugs, Kathy