PDA

View Full Version : Dressing up and going out

1950sclothes
12-05-2007, 10:52 AM
As you may know I am a guy of 45. I could never pass, for a starlet outside, but I was thinking of myself looking older and going out dressed out. Maybe a woman in her late 60s.

I think I could get away with that but I would need help. The walk and stance should be correct, but it would feel great to go out dressed up. I did it a few years back, but I made the mistalke of passing myself off as a 40 year old. Which I think draws attention. That was not a success,

Your thoughts please. :)

Tracy_Victoria
12-05-2007, 11:12 AM
As you may know I am a guy of 45. I could never pass, for a starlet outside, but I was thinking of myself looking older and going out dressed out. Maybe a woman in her late 60s.

I think I could get away with that but I would need help. The walk and stance should be correct, but it would feel great to go out dressed up. I did it a few years back, but I made the mistalke of passing myself off as a 40 year old. Which I think draws attention. That was not a success,

Passing is more that looking like a woman, I'll try to find a post I made on this a while back and post a link. However the look is important, but there is so much more involved too, ie it's a mindset, an art, and an act. but remember as much as there beautiful woman, there are others that just blend in the crowd and if you can act and look as they do passing, becomes easier to do.

Tracy_Victoria
12-05-2007, 11:16 AM

Passing is more that looking like a woman, I'll try to find a post I made on this a while back and post a link. However the look is important, but there is so much more involved too, ie it's a mindset, an art, and an act. but remember as much as there beautiful woman, there are others that just blend in the crowd and if you can act and look as they do passing, becomes easier to do.

Copy of the post

Passing out is an art that take time to master, however as much as it is a look, it's also a state of mind as well, and being the person you portray, over a man dressed in drag!

many crossdressers would not be able to admit to having not been read sometime when out. and I mean out, not sulking round a park in the dead of night, but passing in Daylight in normal crowd town shopping situations, and it takes (pardon the pun!) B@lls to do. ie your whole personal must be right not just your look. ie just like an actor preparing for a role, everything must be right.

You may find on another day you might have not been read, however being out alone late at night gets people wondering why? which is why I have always said to other TV that have spoken with and wanted to pass, if your going somewhere, WHY ARE YOU THERE. The best example I can give on this is real girls don't sulk round parks, in short skirts and heals at 2 or 3 am in the morning. nor do they dress to the nines to walk the dog in the dark!

many factors could have given you way, from your look and manerisiums, your posture, or even just the time and the place. but don't get to down hearted non of us went from dressing fully, to walking out the door and passing streight away. and even when you get the look right you can goof in other ways too! Personally in my early days when out dressed, I said evening in a male voice to a passing stranger who had said good evening to me. Totally blowing an illusion i'd created of being female. passing out is a stage by stage thing it takes time and effort and FOCUS.

I've said this before here, but to me passing is about fem points over male ones. ie a set of womans clothes doesn't make you look like a woman, however smart or exspensive. The right wig, will always score better than a good wig, and a wig that suits and doesn't look like a wig will help you even more as will a cleavage, the right clothes and look for the enviroment your in. Every part of your dress, and posture, needs to appear female. the more fem points you have over male ones the easier you will pass. The best example of this is how many real woman have you seen wearing a wig, and how many woman have you seen, say on telly removing a wig, that you never realised was a wig. The difference is you never see the good ones in the real world, only the bad!

IMHO passing is like performing on a 360 degree stage, your total look, and mindset must be the person you are playing over the person your hiding. woman don't strut (often) through Tescos/wallmart dressed to the nines in heels and shorts skirts, but thoses that do, draw attention to themselves strieght away, if your a girl and want that fine, but if your a guy and trying to pass it's the last thing you need. you need to blend in to the crowd, so that others see you as maybe a masculine female of which there are many real girls like that, over a male in womans clothes.

Angie G
12-05-2007, 11:21 AM
I hope you achieve your goal hun :hugs:
Angie

JoAnnDallas
12-05-2007, 12:57 PM
I recently started going out en fem in the daylight (2005) and now when I go out, I dress my age and I dress to blend in. I do have some things going for me.
1. I do not have a noticable adams apple
2. I am 5' 8" and weight 150 lbs, so in the range of a normal GG Sise 12/14.
3. Being part Native American, I don't have a lot of beard growth.

So far if I have been read, they have treated me with respect and showed no outward signs that they have.

Littlej10
12-05-2007, 02:49 PM
Trying to pass is a very difficult act, by trying to pass as someone of a very differnt age multiplies the difficulties enormously. Try passing as a 60 year old man and see how you manage the dress, posture and movement, grey hair alone doesn't do it any more than a long wig, makeup and a dress makes you pass as a woman. Keep it as simple as you can and it is still impossible for most of us to sustain for long, something always gives you away.

Laurelanne
01-04-2008, 04:14 AM
I agree when I was younger and had more time etc., I could pass for 30 or 40 but now I just try to get buuy ans a mid 504 avaerage woman Skirts and so on but not anything too ****ty if you know what I mean. Night is best too
Hey good luck I walk around the neighborhood alot at night and have made some friends of neighbors who DO think im a woman so let me know how you do LOL

Carol A
01-04-2008, 07:59 AM
For me I have a wife who acts like a drill sargent and she will give me the once over every time. If you are going to do this you will do it proper, dress your age. Now if I want to get dressed up real nice we do it on a Sunday when all the ladies are dressed for church and believe it not I fit right in.
Second, show no fear walk tall and act like you belong there.:hugs:

shirley1
01-04-2008, 09:57 PM
i personally couldnt be bothered with the effort of trying to go out whether i passed or not if i had to look like someone much older than myself - at 39 i would be happy to look my age or slightly younger but not over 45 thats for sure - i have bin out but only late at nite as a taster - the problem as i see it is most cds want to go out in heels and short skirts - try wearing heels to walk any distance its not easy unless your used of it - so for me to go out in daylight and if i was read - i think seriously flat shoes would be best or low heels to try gettin a move on from a bad situation in high heels would add to the problem for me - in flats you would at least be able to walk and if neccessary run from a possible hastling stressful situation - i guess you could take your shoes off but then that could be painfull on uneven ground

karen1977
01-14-2008, 03:56 AM
my wife and i are tring to get me to go out dressed but we need to know of a safe place to start and get the door open from the closet anyone know of any in charlotte nc area

Billijo49504
01-14-2008, 06:10 AM
A 60 yr OLD women, I resemble that remark, and I don't really feel that OLD....BJ

Eugenie
01-14-2008, 08:11 AM
I was thinking of myself looking older and going out dressed out. Maybe a woman in her late 60s.

Looking your real age is probably a better plan... Look around you, observe women your age and size, see what they wear during various activities of the day or the night.

Depending upon the activities you plan to have while "en femme", to dress appropriately, use one of the models that you have previously observed .

Then, as someone else said, the way you dress (including makeup) isn't enough... It is important to imitate women attitudes, without exageration of course. There are exceptions of course, but women tend to be more modest when they cross other people in the street, unless they know them they hardly look at them, at least they never stare... Males tend to do that, especially when the cross a beautiful woman... So beware of old reflexes...

Things will get better as you gain confidence in yourself... So "Practice, practice, practice..."

All the best.
:hugs:
Eugenie
PS: regarless of your pseudo, dont dress in women's 50s style :-)

donnapink
01-14-2008, 09:58 AM
:happy: From my experience I think you should first go out to the mall and really check out what other women are wearing. I know you will find most shoppers are very casual Jeans etc. and the store employees are usually business casual. From this dress age and occasion appropriate. Try jeans, sweater, or jacket, casual shoes, & don't forget jewelry. Keep you
nails plain maybe clear or opaque. Good Luck