PDA

View Full Version : Do You Know Any Other Crossdressers?

trannie T
12-05-2007, 08:14 PM
Aside from those that I have talked to in clubs or support/social groups I do not know any other crossdressers. If we do make up a small percentage of the population I must know at least a few that are as hidden in the closet as I am.
So I ask do you in your daily life know any other crossdressers?

Kris
12-05-2007, 08:18 PM

Yes several

EDNA
12-05-2007, 08:18 PM
Yes! I know many great CDs, but sorry am not allowed to list them.

SweetCaroline
12-05-2007, 08:21 PM
I always like to say, while I may have never met another crossdresser (outside of clubs, groups, etc.) Everyone I'VE ever met in my entire life knows, or has at least met one man who crossdresses.

Geuss who? :D

renee k
12-05-2007, 08:26 PM
I've known several, and know several more. All great and friendly people!

Renee

MJ
12-05-2007, 08:34 PM
yes i know many friends that cd

Joy Carter
12-05-2007, 08:42 PM
Me too. :D

docrobbysherry
12-05-2007, 08:43 PM
I live in the OC, SoCal. I can count the number of CD's I've seen out in public on the fingers of one hand.
RS

Samantha B L
12-05-2007, 09:11 PM
I've known about 10 of them over the years. But I've been in contact with a lot more of them through the forum.

Joni T
12-05-2007, 09:29 PM
My absolute best friend is a CD. How good of a best friend is he? He and I have stood back-to-back with our guns drawn. I won't bore you with the details but a gun in the hand is better than 911 anytime.

SandyR
12-05-2007, 09:32 PM
Well, yes....all of you girls!

I am making plans to meet a girlfriend in person latter this month.

SandyR

Zee
12-05-2007, 10:05 PM
I have only ever met one crossdresser IRL, and she was off this forum. Sadly, I haven't seen her in a while.

Its lonely in these here woods.

Sarah Doepner
12-05-2007, 10:12 PM
I had to go out of my way to do so, but it has been a great experience. Several are members of the Las Vegas Tri-Ess chapter and the others are folks who attend the Diva Las Vegas gathering each year.
These are all wonderful people who have made my life much better for the knowing. If you can get out to meet someone who shares this wonderful gift, it can be worth the effort.

Ðarissa
12-05-2007, 10:15 PM
None at all, that I know about.

joann07
12-05-2007, 10:30 PM
Several.
In September, I met dozens and dozens of girls at the Southern Comfort Conference and then on a recent trip to Chicago I met many more.
I still keep in touch with many of them and some have come to visit.

Hugs!

jennifer41356
12-05-2007, 10:51 PM
my best friend who I hang out with on weekends is living fulltime now, but I met her and several other good friends at the local CD club in Dallas in 1993

Kate Simmons
12-05-2007, 10:52 PM
Yes, some local friends I occassionally get get together with whether DRAG or DRAB.:happy:

"Mary"
12-05-2007, 11:02 PM
Wow, I don't know a single one "IRL". I'm surprised so many (if not all) the other replies have been such empahtic "yeses". Maybe I'm not observant enough or jst need to get out more.

Diana

windycissy
12-05-2007, 11:07 PM
Yes, thanks to this forum, I've met several girls for shopping, dinner and stuff like that, I love it!

SiobhanW
12-05-2007, 11:08 PM
I live in the OC, SoCal. I can count the number of CD's I've seen out in public on the fingers of one hand.

I've only ever seen one "in the wild" - Mainplace Mall on Halloween. She was dressed as, well, a she. I was dressed as Louis XVI.

I would love to find out that one of my male acquaintances was a CD, just so I could say "SNAP!"

Vivian Best
12-05-2007, 11:14 PM
Wow, I don't know a single one "IRL". I'm surprised so many (if not all) the other replies have been such empahtic "yeses". Maybe I'm not observant enough or jst need to get out more.

Diana

Diana, I have to say I'm like you, I haven't knowingly met another CDr and I've been a CDr for about 60 years.

Niya W
12-06-2007, 12:33 AM
I know over 20 CD and must of met at least 60

Joni Beauman
12-06-2007, 12:49 AM
My what an insularized life I have. I have never met another. Ever. Joni

Bethany_Anne_Fae
12-06-2007, 12:58 AM
I've met a LOT of Cd, TG, TS, but maybe 10 of those are good friends out of the bunch ;)

shauna 9
12-06-2007, 01:41 AM
None at all, that I know about.

Stephanie-L
12-06-2007, 01:46 AM
I have never knowingly met another CD IRL, though there is one guy at work that is either a very serious CD or a big time metrosexual. Other than that, I wish I had..........Stephanie

Gisele
12-06-2007, 08:54 AM
In person I would have said no a couple of years ago. The only reason I do know many now is because of a support group that I now attend. Thank goodness I went.

I do know one from this site now. I met her this past Tuesday night when she was here from TX for two days.

tamarav
12-06-2007, 09:18 AM
Since I am a crossdressing hairstylist, word has gotten around and a few, a very few have shown up in my shop. Otherwise I rarely meet another when in "the wild". I go out often and see many drag queens and such but no real CDs. Is is just me?

Tami

Lucy Bright
12-06-2007, 09:18 AM
I've never met any male CDs knowingly either. I see them around very occasionally, but that's about it. I am very good friends with a lesbian who identifies as around 90% male, but of course clothes aren't the same sort of issue for her.

Kisses,

Lucy

Michelia
12-06-2007, 09:33 AM
When I was much younger 30 years ago I lived in a neighborhood that that had a high number of TSs. I met quite a few of them and even went out with some and was even in love with one once even though she never paid me any mind.

My hairdresser is a drag queen.

I have tried on at least four times to contact local CDs. So far, it has been one big let down after another. I have met a couple of TS while shopping for girlie things. I have met some TSs while working with a local GLBT group. So far, no CDs!

One day, when I have more time I will try to contact a support group. I know they are out there, I just do not know where. My wig lady says she sees them in her shop quite a bit. She says most of them are married and highly secretive. No surprise there.

Michelia

SiobhanW
12-06-2007, 09:36 AM
I have never knowingly met another CD IRL, though there is one guy at work that is either a very serious CD or a big time metrosexual.

Why don't you ask him? Maybe you'd get to say "SNAP!" :heehee:

JoAnnDallas
12-06-2007, 09:46 AM
I had never meet another CDer until I went to HEF2006. The wild part was they made more of a fuss over me than I did over them. It was my first public outing and when they found out, they made it feel like a coming out party for me. Everyone was congradulating me and telling me wonderful I looked and just generally made a fuss over me. I got so overwhealmed that I even started crying a one point. Now I belong the Dallas Tri-Ess group and having a great time. Once in while I will spot another sister while out. Mostly around halloween, but once in a while at other times. Once on vacation, I spotted a sister at a theam park and tried to talk to her. I guess I must has scared her as she left very quickly.

Eugenie
12-06-2007, 09:58 AM

Interesting question... I do know and meet quite a few crossdressers when going to visit them as friends or when we go out as a small group in restaurants or even at meetings, but not in my daily life.

An yet, there must be a few around in a town of 50K inhabitants... But you're right, they must keep it for themselves... I do the same in my home town, I don't go out there, I only go out "en femme" when I'm traveling far away from my region...

:hugs:
Eugenie

susie evans
12-06-2007, 10:07 AM
yes i live with one she's been wearing my colthes for years :heehee::heehee:

susie

Mayliis
12-06-2007, 10:11 AM
Hi sweethearts,

I don't know any.

Jodie Wexler
12-06-2007, 10:25 AM
Never have met any in the real world. I did speak to several drag performers this summer while in Cape Cod. I told them I was a CD but they were more interested in hustling up business for their shows, so the conversation was very short. More like, hi, thats nice, come to the show, the end.

Jodie

Chari
12-06-2007, 11:05 AM
IRL, never a one on one meeting, but probably have passed many in my travels. Just the "sisters" at this forum - if that counts.

Chari

Cristy.Cream
12-06-2007, 11:11 AM
When I first started I was a memer of TCNE so yes, but now its just me:(

kimmy p
12-06-2007, 12:06 PM
Maybe. If so they are just a closeted as I am, but I have seen some signs. Not willing to pry though, if they want me to know then I'll know.

Anne G
12-06-2007, 12:13 PM
Very interessting point, I doubt anyone would think I crossdress, but I also can't think of anyone I know who does.

JoanFlores
12-06-2007, 12:54 PM
Yes I have meet only 2 girls in the past month.

SiobhanW
12-06-2007, 12:57 PM
Anne G, I love the dress you're wearing in your avatar. Who's it by?

Nicki B
12-06-2007, 01:27 PM
Yes - loads? :strugglin

I was in hospital a week and a half ago - whilst there, I was visited by seven TGs (inc. one dressed and three f/t pre-op TSs) and two SOs, plus my brother, Mum and Dad.

One very frustrated trans-man wasn't able to get a lift - sorry, mate.. ;)

Christine XX
12-06-2007, 02:00 PM
None at all that I know of.

-Christine

Angie G
12-06-2007, 03:41 PM
No I haven't are there eney in Port Byron N.Y. :hugs:
Angie

ShortSkirtCindy
12-06-2007, 05:41 PM
Hi Angie,

I am pretty close to you, just south of Syracuse.

I have never met a crossdresser in my everyday life, but like others, suspect a few.....

countrygirl
12-06-2007, 05:47 PM
I do not know any body that crossdresses at least that they have told.... Sure could someone I know could be, maybe.... It would be neat to find someone who does crossdressess.....

Amanda

Lindahexi
12-06-2007, 06:55 PM
No, but I so wish that I did.

charlie
12-06-2007, 07:06 PM
I guess all the CD's are hidden in the closet most of the time (like me). Except for this forum I haven't met any others like me.

sterling12
12-06-2007, 07:09 PM
No doubt, I probably know dozens. Especially if I apply the "5% Rule." That means one in twenty of the males I know probably are CD.

The trick is, which one's are the Cd's? I think we need to put together a list of subtle cues that we can look for. Since no one wears a badge or identifying jewelry, what "hints," would help us to figure out which friends?

Peace and Love, Joanie

Mary Jane
12-06-2007, 07:21 PM
I have not met any CD's in my area. I do not live in a large city but I know that with a population over 100,000 in the area that I certainly could not be alone in this.

Nicole Erin
12-06-2007, 08:10 PM

Diana

Well there is nothing wrong with the clubs or the TG groups. If you live in a big city, there are usually a lot of them. Even smaller cities have some but they are harder to find.

Myself, I have known a few in the past, and sometimes saw unpassable ones come to the store I worked at.

For those who say they have not seen any - Well, the thing is, CD's don't really carry around a sign. Sometimes finding the CD circle of a city is difficult but once you get in, normally you meet all kinds of them. I am still working on building some friendships with other CD's here in my town.

CD friends are the best. They don't ask stupid questions, one doesn't have to hide girly things, she is one that you can totally relax around. :happy:

angelfire
12-06-2007, 08:13 PM
A guy I went to high school with (an acquaintance, not so much a friend) is openly gay, and crossdresses from time to time. I saw him dressed on halloween back on high school, and seen a few pics on social networking sites as well.

Kristen Kelly
12-06-2007, 09:51 PM
A few years ago I didn't know a single other girl, now there are 5 girls I know and have met within a 2 mile radius of my home. If I don't go to one of the drag shows, my friends will IM me and ask what happened and the enertainers ask where Kristen. I have meet almost 50 girls between clubs and going out to dinner, in 5 different states.

AmandaM
12-06-2007, 09:57 PM
I'm a homebody and don't know any.

trannie T
12-07-2007, 07:20 PM
It is amazing how hidden most of us are. While I don't know any other crossdressers except by meeting them in social or support groups or at shows I thought that some of us may have friends who are not secret about their dressing. I'm only out to a couple of people and it appears that most of us live as secret crossdressers too.

Stormgirl
12-07-2007, 07:28 PM
Nope, I don't know any other CD'ers offline. I am pretty reserved and have pushed people away from me as of late. I'd love to meet some other CD'ers and accepting GGs in the Seattle/Bellevue area but meh.

Raychel
12-07-2007, 07:41 PM
Sure, My Unlce and my Ex-Brother in-law. Probably others that I just don't know about.

Dawn Marie
12-07-2007, 08:13 PM
I have known and met one in my area, but have talked to many on different websites,including this one.

Niya W
12-07-2007, 10:00 PM
No doubt, I probably know dozens. Especially if I apply the "5% Rule." That means one in twenty of the males I know probably are CD.

The trick is, which one's are the Cd's? I think we need to put together a list of subtle cues that we can look for. Since no one wears a badge or identifying jewelry, what "hints," would help us to figure out which friends?

Peace and Love, Joanie

Hmm my nails, eyebrows. And earrings might be a clue .

PatyR
12-07-2007, 11:01 PM
But I've heard of Uncle Tanya:heehee: does it count?

sterling12
12-08-2007, 03:56 AM
Hmm my nails, eyebrows. And earrings might be a clue .

(LOL) That's not subtle Hon! Nothing overt, maybe a lack of hair on the arms. Or, a higher arch on slightly thinner brows. Got to figure out a way to spot that 5%.

Originally, she said we couldn't count people in Support Groups and CD's in
Clubs. That does away with The "not subtle." Give me something where I could spot you at Walmart....without your earings and "dragon lady' nails.

Peace and Love, Joanie

Michl41
12-08-2007, 05:29 PM
Same here, I've never met another cd, but I sure hope I do soon...................

chrissietoo
12-08-2007, 08:24 PM
my friend bobby and i dressed up when we were ten, does that count? probably not, as bobby became stauchly str8 though, once he got hair on his balls. :love:

the next CD i met was a housepainter for the couple next door. they got along really well, and he came out to them. we were also friends, and she told me. this was before i had admitted to myself how deeply i loved it, and i was a bit threatened by him. so threatened that i went out over to his apartment and met the other gurls he lived with. :heehee:

the neighbor's hubby was very cute, a child movie star, and after i had moved to another state, i heard that hubby liked to dress up, too...wish i'd known~~~

trannie T
12-08-2007, 08:58 PM
(LOL) That's not subtle Hon! Nothing overt, maybe a lack of hair on the arms. Or, a higher arch on slightly thinner brows. Got to figure out a way to spot that 5%.

Originally, she said we couldn't count people in Support Groups and CD's in
Clubs. That does away with The "not subtle." Give me something where I could spot you at Walmart....without your earings and "dragon lady' nails.

Peace and Love, Joanie

And I thought that after 2,000 posts they taught you the secret handshake. Maybe it's after 2,500.

Xandra
12-08-2007, 10:39 PM
I only know a couple through this forum. Am in the closet, so meeting a CDer in person would be quite a few rungs up the proverbial ladder. But never say never.

Melora
12-09-2007, 06:14 AM
Outside of the Internet.. Not that I know of..

Mitch23
12-09-2007, 06:16 AM
lots and a growing list all the time. some very close friends and some on the fringes. some i hang out with and some i chat to on the internet

mitch

Nicki B
12-09-2007, 06:35 AM
lots and a growing list all the time. some very close friends and some on the fringes. some i hang out with and some i chat to on the internet

mitch

I hope so...

We've not met f2f, yet, but I'm sure it won't be long? :)

A friend (a Tall one :winking: ) once said to me that you make the closest ever friendships with other transpeople. TBH, I think you tend to make the best friends with those you share hardships with? You know what they'll be like when the chips are really down? :)

PS - say Hi to Geraldine, from me? xx

Brandy H
12-09-2007, 07:13 AM
dianaprince, if you're from the Northeast you must go to the Fantasia Fair in P Town in the Fall. Throw a pencil and paper in your purse and take down numbers, & e-mail addresses. You'll have more friends than you can keep up with and it's a blast.

Jillm
12-09-2007, 08:10 AM
Other than this form, No.

Ashly
12-09-2007, 08:20 AM
...I would like to meet another CD..but it seems every time I "invite" someone..they just bail out :(

Billijo_06
12-09-2007, 08:45 AM
I have never met any in my travels. The next time I go to Sears, I will have to spend less time with the tools and more time in the Womens Wear Department!!!

Mitch23
12-09-2007, 09:14 AM
Nicki, it would be a great pleasure to meet up with you and I'm sure we will soon -- and i agree totally with what you say. In fact, until I came out, I had never really had a close 'male' friend, and even amongst the 'girls' its hard to find the exact 'flavour' that would make a good relationship. So I'm fortunate to know Geraldine and Amber and Suzi, and Davina and Michelle and Collette, Leona etc and can share in everything they are going through in their lives

Mitch

Nicki B
12-09-2007, 10:29 AM
...I would like to meet another CD..but it seems every time I "invite" someone..they just bail out :(

Ashley, remember, trans folk are notoriously unreliable? Too many things (nerves, partners, getting the look right, passers-by, etc, etc, etc) can go wrong... Plus, invite people to a neutral rendez-vous?

It's always difficult, meeting people for the first time, to know what you're letting yourself in for - both people need to protect themselves? Make sure you're thinking like a girl would? :winking:

xx

corrinediane
12-09-2007, 10:40 AM
Not one! That's so sad.

Nicki B
12-09-2007, 10:56 AM
Not one! That's so sad.

You sound as if you want to change that... So - how could you? :)

Brandy H
12-09-2007, 11:02 AM
You could narrow down the profile location in which you live in the US. You never know there might be someone in your area who would like to meat others as well. I'm new to posting anything to this forum too and I know it takes time to set things up, but probably helps to have a picture sometime. I'm working on that.

Janet Bern
12-09-2007, 01:32 PM
Hi
I would love to meet anther crossdresser with their GG. My GG would love to hold a tea some afternoon.
Janet

KateSpade83
12-09-2007, 10:30 PM
I've always kept cding as a private thing and never sought out the friendships of crossdressers in real life whether they were shopping or in a club. I never go to gay bars either. I only shop in drag.

But it would be nice to meet and be friends with some members here!