PDA

View Full Version : Trying to snap out of a Funk

Jenn2716
12-06-2007, 04:49 AM
Sorry I haven't been around the boards very much lately. It's been a a bit of a weird couple of months for me.

A couple of weeks before Halloween, my wife and I were talking and we decided that we were both comfortable with me going out to the local LGBT bar with a close lesbian friend of ours. My wife is not ready just yet to join us, but had no problem with me going and enjoying an occasional night out dressed. Now at the time we discussed this I was fighting a head cold and I wasn't feeling too femme, so I decided to wait until after Halloween before making my debut at the club.

So in the meantime, we had a great time getting ready for Halloween (we both went as sexy femme vampires) and I was dressing alot at home after work. I guess I was at a bit of a high point for my dressing as I was combining alot of femme items with my regular male clothes (femme jeans, low heel boots, some makeup) outside of work. Also at this time, I had began investigating the possibility of getting some laser hair removel on my beard and neck. My wife knows this is something that I've been interested in for awhile, so it wasn't a shock that I was checking it out. I made an appointment to get a consultation and when I told my wife, she kinda gave me that "Huh? Ok." You know. I could tell she was a little bothered by it, but was trying her best to be ok with it.

Anyways, we got partway into November and things kept getting in the way of me going to the bar with our friend. Nothing serious, just she was away, or I had to work. Just a mix of unfortunate and annoying circumstances. Also, being selfish, I went ahead with the consultation and even had a small test patch done on my neck. When I came home, I realized that I had once again pushed things too far with my wife. She was upset. I knew I had been going a little overboard with dressing alot at home, femming up my male look and now pushing the laser hair removal thing too far. So after a day or so of talking and a little crying, I resolved to try and scale things back a bit and try to be happy with the level of cding that we've reached to this point.

The only problem was I immediately fell into a mini-depression. I had been on such a high point, that any negative reaction to my cding felt like a huge slap. I've always told my wife that she could tell me if she was uncomfortable with anything when it comes to my cding. But this time I had a hard time compromising. I ended up doing a full 180 and I have hardly dressed since. I've even stopped shaving my beard and body. I dropped any plans of going to the bar. I just didn't see the point of cding if it what was making me happy (ie.exploring my cding boundries) was upsetting my wife.

Anyways, I've felt closer to coming back to cding in the last few days. But those feelings tend to disperse whenever I see my wife and I think about how it will affect her. She has tried so hard to be supportive and accepting. All she wants is for me to be happy with where I am now on the cd spectrum. I wish I could make myself be happy at this level, but for some reason I have this desire to try more things, push the envelope a little. All this internal turmoil is driving me nuts. I've gone back to eating bad again, my interest in hobbies and stuff is real low and I feel like sleeping almost all day. I have a week off from work next week and I just want to stay in bed the whole week.

Anyways. I'm sorry to dump all of this out there. I just had to get some of this off my chest. I'm crossing my fingers that I'll snap out of this funk soon. The holiday season is coming and I don't want to be a grinch, especially since its my wife's favorite time of year.

take care

Vicky_Scot
12-06-2007, 07:20 AM
Hiya Jenna

Maybe things are just moving a bit to fast for your wife at this moment in time. Your wife was comfortable for you go out to a LGBT bar with your close friend which shows she is very accepting of dressing. Many girls on here would bit your hand off to have that opportunity.

But at least you yourself came to the realisation that maybe you were going a bit OTT with your dressing and the hair removal etc.....I applaud you for this fact.

When it comes to anything regarding your development of Jenna there are 3very important rules when in the position you are in when your wife knows about and accepts you for who you truly are. You have a very special woman in your life and never forget that.

Point 1 - Communication.

I know this word is branded about in every situation possible but it is one of the foundation stones of any relationship. We must be able to talk to, confide in, able to express our feelings to our SO's without fear of ridicule, embarrasment etc. Our SO's should in an ideal world also be our best friend as well as a spouse, partner or g/f. As the old saying goes "its good to talk".

Point 2 - Boundaries

As in any relationship there has to be boundaries and they should be respected and adhered to. I do not mean that your SO has the right to tell you that you will do this and you will not do this. What I mean is that and again I repeat myself having a wife that accepts you for you you are in a wonderful position but she will have boundaries and taking part 1 intoaction here you both must sit down and lay out the ground rules. Its all about comprimise Jenny. Remember boundaries are not set in stone and with agreement they can be re negotiated. But both parties must respect each others wishes and opinions and find the middle ground.

Point 3 - Honesty

Speak for itself really.

So after all that I am sorry to hear you have hit a mini depression but it is only natural when you have had a set back you do get a bit down. I have been there as probably many on this forum have but you will bounce back.

Xx Vicky xX

P.S. Always make a point to let your wife know what a special lady she is.

Eugenie
12-06-2007, 07:25 AM
Hi Jenna,

I hope that your situation will improve over time.

Indeed, it is apparently very common that we want ever more in our feminisation endeavour... At least I am like that... Perhaps that's the reason why my wife only allows me to make very small steps in my attempt at becoming more and more "femme"... She knows that, even if she was to give me a greater freedom to dress and go out, I would nevertheless want more...

The drive to x-dress is far to powerful, and even though I know very well that she isn't happy about my x-dressing, I can't stop wanting more of it. And she knows that. She also knows that I would like not to hurt her feelings...

Yet, even when I try to be modest about it, she complains... And I think she's right... Trying to avoid being seen is a sign of guilt on my part but also some kind of a subconscious reproach on her: "I hide because I wish you would not mind."

This happened last week when I was preparing a trip to Brussels. My wife knows that I take the opportunty of these trips to go out "en femme".

To avoid making her feel bad, I was preparing my women clothes trying to be as discrete as possible. She came into my bedroom and I tried to hide my suit case. She reacted saying: "I know what you are doing. You don't have to hide..." in a reproachful tone...

The problem is that I want to be "en femme" more and more... I want other people to know... I want to live "en femme" all the time. All things she is not ready to accept... Not yet, I hope...

All the best and I hope that you will fnid an acceptable modus vivendi between your wife and you...

:hugs:
Eugenie

martyvs120
12-09-2007, 08:28 PM
Very sad to hear about your situation Jenna. Hope that you get to resolve you issues with your lovely wife soon.

Best of luck,

jennifer41356
12-09-2007, 10:23 PM
I feel for you and understand maybe going too fast, but what is wrong with you wanting to get your facial hair removed..shaving sux, whether you a macho man or potential tgirl...

if find it odd that it is ok for aawoman to make a change..ie cutting her hair short, changing hair color, but if a guy wants to something like getting rid of body hair, they freak out:sad:

Jenn2716
12-11-2007, 02:55 AM
Thanks to everyone for your replies.

I'm still working things out. My wife and I had another long talk this weekend. We both feel that nobody is really at fault in this situation. She has come so far in accepting my cding and is 100% comfortable with me dressing as often as I want around the house and is continuing to encourge me to get out to the LGBT bar. She just feels that any permanent changes that I might make to my body is too close to the TS side of things for her.
I understand this, and I also understand everyone has their limits when it comes to what they can handle. I am now working on enjoying my current situation as fully as possible. I have it so much better than a lot of people, so I need to take advantage of it and stop focusing on what I'm not allowed to do.
I really think that I will get back on track this week. Though I might keep the beard growth for another day or two, the wife really likes it. And once its gone, it won't be back for a long time. lol

thanks again girls.