PDA

View Full Version : Question about CD'ing & Stress Relief

Renee D
12-06-2007, 09:53 AM
The post about the "turn on" of dressing got me thinking....

I had mentioned in that post the relaxation and stress relieving part of dressing (and yes turn on too!)......my question is

Is there ANYTHING else in your life that gives you stress relief and relaxation that dressing does? And, what would that activity be? (For me, there is nothing that even comes close to dressing that relieves stress and relaxes me!)

I would love to hear from you....
Take care

Sharon B.
12-06-2007, 10:04 AM
I was going to say there was but even after doing that once back home the first thing I want to do is take a bubble bath, shave body of all unwanted body hair, apply nail polish to my toenails and finish getting dressed as a woman, rather it is to lounge around the house or go out for a drive.
I enjoy wearing feminine attire.

Eugenie
12-06-2007, 10:12 AM
Is there ANYTHING else in your life that gives you stress relief and relaxation that dressing does? And, what would that activity be?

Well indeed there is, and surprisingly it is an activity that is culturaly associated with men: wood working.

I have installed an almost complete workshop to practice that activity. I build furniture, shelves, home decoration, my latest work was a large wooden deck for the garden of my GG friend.

This activity gives me even more stress relief and relaxation than dressing... It relieves me even of the quasi obsessional need to x-dress... Don't think about it when I'm working. I have to pay too much attention when using dangerous machine tools...

And it is a relief for my wife too... She rebuilds the image of the man in me on those occasions which she encourages... And believe me, that's something that counts a lot for me...

:hugs:
Eugenie

windycissy
12-06-2007, 10:13 AM
Strangely enough, I get a similar feeling after aerobic exercise like running or swimming...I think because it releases dopamine which gives you a natural high. I'll bet the rush from dressing up does the same thing, which would explain why it makes us feel so good?

uknowhoo
12-06-2007, 10:24 AM
While they're qualitatively different, there've always been three other activities which can bring me similar relief/release/joy/contentment etc: having sex with my wife :D; playing racquetball (kinda like Cissy said) til I'm tired n soaked with sweat; and going to a Grateful Dead (then) or Dark Star Orchestra (now) show and dancing my tooshie off for four hours (transcendant euphoria!). :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Billijo49504
12-06-2007, 10:40 AM
Some may say I'm sadistic, but I get stress relief from shooting. After an hour at the range, I feel like all the stress has drained from me.....BJ

JoAnnDallas
12-06-2007, 10:49 AM
When I first came to Dallas, TX, I was looking for a new job. Being over 55 made it real hard. I guess part of the reason my CDing really took off about this time is the fact that I was stressed out. Between being over 55 and in a new city, the stress was huge. Then my sister started a clothing drive for her church and all of a sudden I had all these wonderful outfits, dresses, skirts, blouses, heels, underware at my disposal. I fully believed that my CDing really help my stress level. Allowing me to emerge into being a woman and just forgetting about everything else for a while.

Cassy11
12-06-2007, 10:52 AM
Creating Cassy takes planning (what to wear) total concentration, and focus; the end result is most enjoyable and yes stress relieving. I also enjoy woodworking, creating something from nothing requires the same focus and the end result gives me a similar feeling to CDing.

andreaattimes
12-06-2007, 11:16 AM
Exercise or reading.

RobertaFermina
12-06-2007, 11:16 AM
Sex with another and the Big-O, not alone.
Heartfelt Conversation.
Post-Workout (happy) Exhaustion.

:rose: Roberta :rose:

il.dso
12-06-2007, 04:12 PM
OoohTammi, thanks for your post, I typically love to get dressed and listen to the Dead and/or DSO. My name here is:
il.dso (stands for i love DSO). Glad to know there's a fellow crossdresser/deadhead out there. I guess we really are everywhere!

Shadeauxmarie
12-06-2007, 04:45 PM
Turn on the TV and turn off the brain! Actually, I'm an avid reader and simply MUST read in bed before going asleep.

Jilmac
12-06-2007, 05:28 PM
Anothre good stress reliever for me is listening to music... of course if i do it dressed that's the ultimate stress relief, Jill

Lindahexi
12-06-2007, 07:07 PM
Nothing gives me more stress relief or feeling of contentment than being fully dressed en femme.

BLACK STOCKINGS
12-06-2007, 08:38 PM
Well dressing is up at the top of my list, but as some one else mention shooting, when I go pistol shooting I loose all stress, but my favorite is when I take my race car to the 1/4 mile strip and rip off a few passes @ 120mph in 11 secs.... nothing like the feel of speed.

Samantha43
12-06-2007, 08:41 PM
My hobbies help me relieve stress. I have been a competitive shooter for about 20 years. The state of mind I have to get into before a match requires me to relax and calm my nerves. I also enjoy boating. There is nothing as calming and stress relieving an dropping anchor in a quiet cove and kicking back to watch nature.

Joni T
12-06-2007, 09:24 PM
I go target or trap shooting.

Samantha43
12-06-2007, 09:39 PM
Well dressing is up at the top of my list, but as some one else mention shooting, when I go pistol shooting I loose all stress, but my favorite is when I take my race car to the 1/4 mile strip and rip off a few passes @ 120mph in 11 secs.... nothing like the feel of speed.

I can see that. Nice legs by the way!

Kieroney
12-06-2007, 09:49 PM
Just having the house to myself, and being able to do as I please, with no stress, taking the Maro for a ride comes in at a close second.

AmandaM
12-06-2007, 09:59 PM
I don't know, maybe a good romp in the hay until both of you are exhausted and sweaty? LOL

Jacqui
12-06-2007, 10:36 PM
Scuba diving does it for me. The sense of flying.
Only problem is, I do it less often than cd'ing.

Alice B
12-06-2007, 11:30 PM
I agree with Jacqui. Love the freedom of diving and the removal from all normal outside stimuli. Music is good and dressing great.

Suzie S.
12-07-2007, 05:50 AM
Good post! :thumbsup: Yes, dressing can be stress relief for me, but I do it whether I'm stressed or not, lol! There are other things I enjoy that are just as good for stress relief. Like others said, I enjoy music alot. I love to be outdoors, and enjoy gardening and working in my yard. It's not work to me, I really do get a high from taking care of the property. I also spend a lot of time swimming in my pool (although not at this time of year :().

jonnie64
12-07-2007, 06:16 AM
As silly as it may sound, playing "Gears of War" on my X-box 360!!!!

And woodworking!!!

Angela Burke
12-07-2007, 07:25 AM
listening to music, reading, walking, are all great stress relievers to me, but crossdressing is the best!

Stephanie Stephens
12-07-2007, 07:55 AM
cd'ing and karate

Adrienne Heels
12-07-2007, 08:02 AM
I enjoy my hobbies and playing golf, but I have to say there is no feeling quite like dressing as Karyn. It makes all my cares just float away.

Carlacd
12-07-2007, 05:02 PM
Gardening and maybe a little smoke of some herb:D

rachel_jean
12-07-2007, 05:29 PM
Another woodworker / sawdust maker here...

Although WW does relax and relieve some stress by me not thinking about stressful items (i.e. work), it's still doesn't relax /de-stress me the way dressing does.

Rachel Jean

Kelly Greene
12-08-2007, 01:32 AM
Cding is one of the most stress reliving things I can do, I don't have an explination for ir but when I dress up and my makeup put on the stress melts off my sholders.
Photography and fishing alos provide stress relief but it is diffrent.

Dawn Marie
12-08-2007, 02:42 AM
There is only one thing for me that can come even close for relieving stress that dressing does. That is the feeling I get when I am backpacking by myself out in the back country of either the mountains or the desert and having the serenity of nature around me. But I haven't been able to do that in 12 years since my so does not like backpacking of any kind. So it in a dress with my favorite pair of heels, wig, and makeup look for now.

Nicki B
12-08-2007, 04:42 AM
There is only one thing for me that can come even close for relieving stress that dressing does. That is the feeling I get when I am backpacking by myself out in the back country of either the mountains or the desert and having the serenity of nature around me.

Aren't both just about having the freedom to be your real self, without inhibiting yourself with the perceived demands of others? :strugglin

Raychel
12-08-2007, 06:49 AM
I think it is the only thing that works for me, that doesn't include alcohol or medicines.

Billie1
12-08-2007, 07:15 AM
The number one stress reliever for me is the smile on my daughter's face. Awww...:la:

That being said, after that comes long-distance motorcycle riding/touring ... nothing else makes the world go away like a good set of curves (on a road, and me:D) a good-running bike, a little Grateful Dead on the iPod, and a chance to enjoy this big, beautiful world.

Joy Carter
12-08-2007, 07:49 AM
God I was stressed because I couldn't accept this side of me. Now I'm much more calm and happy. :D

fuzzybe
12-12-2007, 02:19 PM
God I was stressed because I couldn't accept this side of me. Now I'm much more calm and happy. :D

I still feel like this to a point. Cding to me is almost an exciting forum of stress relief, that i enjoy very much. What i think stresses me out about it, is a feeling of no control over it.

But I also think that may be the exciting part. Sorry for being confusing.

Toni Shelton
12-12-2007, 02:41 PM
Sleep, But only if I am dressed. Does that count. If not, Then there is nothing that comes close.

Love and kisses
Toni

Janis Edwards
12-12-2007, 03:13 PM
The post about the "turn on" of dressing got me thinking....

I had mentioned in that post the relaxation and stress relieving part of dressing (and yes turn on too!)......my question is

Is there ANYTHING else in your life that gives you stress relief and relaxation that dressing does? And, what would that activity be? (For me, there is nothing that even comes close to dressing that relieves stress and relaxes me!)

I would love to hear from you....
Take care
Nothing! absolutely nothing comes even close to the stress relief I get from dressing. Sometimes I think I will explode while waiting for my next opportunity. I used to suffer a great deal of guilt while dressing but have long since gotten over that and everything is all right with the world now.

Dawn Marie
12-12-2007, 03:24 PM
Nicki,
You are so right, Just to be myself without all the hassle of putting on a front is the best stress relief any one could have.

kimmy p
12-12-2007, 03:25 PM
when life gets to be too much, I go Girly. Always have. It's my getaway from reality and I can be someone else. That someone just happens to be female and shares all my interests. :happy: