PDA

View Full Version : Is it b\c we are visual beings?

zann
12-07-2007, 03:03 PM
I have thought that the tendency for being visualy arroused addsto hte strength of mtf xdressing. For example the soft and hard core phonography is sold to men for the most part. We all tend to record our fem side in photos. Does this abolity to transfer the "look" to a sence of reality allow us to feel real when we look real as a women? ann

Nadia-Maria
12-07-2007, 03:47 PM
A very interesting idea, I mean. As for me, I feel able to buy it.

Nadia

Lucy Bright
12-07-2007, 03:54 PM
I've not done much photography, but the appeal of it for me is that of being able to see oneself from the outside, to have an 'objective' indication that one really can be seen/interpreted as female. I don't think it's specifically visual, though, as I've also recorded myself singing in as femme a way as I can manage, for much the same reasons. And of course, it's lovely to be able to run one's finger down a recently shaved leg or face, and feel it to be feminine and smooth; or to smell perfume on one's wrist. So, I'd say pretty much all the senses are involved - except possibly taste!

Kisses,

Lucy

Emily Ann Brown
12-07-2007, 04:01 PM
Not only do I think my being visual was why I used to want a ton of photos (if I can see me then I exist even when I am NOT dressed) but it may well be why some report dressing being very arousing.

Emily Ann

Angie G
12-07-2007, 07:57 PM
I love being here and talking as it is with you girl but I've never been much into photos.
But I do like the looking glass hun :hugs:
Angie

Kristen Marie
12-07-2007, 08:02 PM
I truly am a visual person. I want the photographs to display how I feel. Each picture that I post as an avatar has a story behind it. And I think everyone posts pictures they are excited about in some way.

Vivian Best
12-07-2007, 08:13 PM
I have thought that the tendency for being visualy arroused addsto hte strength of mtf xdressing. For example the soft and hard core phonography is sold to men for the most part. We all tend to record our fem side in photos. Does this abolity to transfer the "look" to a sence of reality allow us to feel real when we look real as a women? ann

Personally, I think the answer to your question is a varied as the number of girls that answer it! There are visual people that are aroused by photos, there are verbal people that are aroused by words either spoken or written, there are those that are sexually aroused by either or both and on and on. For me it is not sexual at all! It came with me as a package when I was born. I have no rememberance of not having the inate desire to CD. I know I can feel the role of female in drab or dress, but can I in reality be one? No, not without some major changes in life.

lisa_e_love
12-07-2007, 09:24 PM
A quote from a very slim book I once read when trying to understand my crossdressing:

"There is an element of vanity when dressed in female clothing. Transvestites relish showing pictures of themselves in female dress. Mirrors, as props, further reinforce the satisfaction derived from cross dressing."

So, this is definitely something that people have noticed - we LOVE pictures. Whether it's fair to call it vanity or not, I'm not so sure. I have the photos for me, but I think it's more to remind myself that I've done it and that I'll do it again. It also takes a lot of work to get beautiful and femme, so I naturally desire to capture my work and make it a memory. If that's vanity, I'm guilty as charged.

Btw, the book is called "Boys Will Be Girls." I don't know if it's still in print.

christina marie
12-07-2007, 09:40 PM
I'm with Angie on this one, the mirror lets me see what i want to, the camera,not being properly trained, tells it like it is. :straightface:

Kate Simmons
12-07-2007, 10:24 PM
Possibly. My avatar pics are for my own benefit really as they show me how I appear to others. That is only part of the total "picture" however as my interaction with others and personality are what really demonstrate who I am.:happy:

docrobbysherry
12-08-2007, 12:13 AM
A quote from a very slim book I once read when trying to understand my crossdressing:

"There is an element of vanity when dressed in female clothing. Transvestites relish showing pictures of themselves in female dress. Mirrors, as props, further reinforce the satisfaction derived from cross dressing."

So, this is definitely something that people have noticed - we LOVE pictures. Whether it's fair to call it vanity or not, I'm not so sure. I have the photos for me, but I think it's more to remind myself that I've done it and that I'll do it again. It also takes a lot of work to get beautiful and femme, so I naturally desire to capture my work and make it a memory. If that's vanity, I'm guilty as charged.

Lisa says it for me. The most important part of CDing for me, is fooling myself into believing that there is a hot chick in the mirror. When I finally completed Sherry's look, I was, ( and still am), shocked at how good some of her pics look. I guess it's vanity that pushes me to show them off! And it's a good substitute for going out, for a closet CD.
RS

Bethany_Anne_Fae
12-08-2007, 02:05 AM
Lisa says it for me. The most important part of CDing for me, is fooling myself into believing that there is a hot chick in the mirror. When I finally completed Sherry's look, I was, ( and still am), shocked at how good some of her pics look. I guess it's vanity that pushes me to show them off! And it's a good substitute for going out, for a closet CD.
RS

I love the fact that you are so honest about what you do. I look forward to reading what you post.

as for the question? I'm an egotist (most performers are lol). I wanna see what others see. Sometimes I even share.