PDA

View Full Version : A Nice Shopping Experience

Laurie909
12-08-2007, 02:10 AM
Today I went out shopping for the first time in a long time. There's a new store (a small shop, actually) that opened that I'd been dying to visit. They have received a lot of publicity in the local newspaper (the store opened last Feb.) They sell shoes, bags and jewelry. Anyway, I walked in (in drab, unfortunately) and started looking around. At the time there were 3 or 4 other customers in the store. I kept looking around till the other customers left. Finally I showed one of the clerks the shoe that I wanted and asked if they had it in a size 7. I got the line, "Oh, she can always return it if it doesn't fit." I told her very plainly, "it wasn't a gift." So then I got the (hoped for), "Oh by all means try them on." (I brought my own knee-hi.....the clerks were impressed by that!) Anyway, they didn't have a 7 or 7 1/2 , but they had an 8. Unfortunately, they were way too big. But the clerks suggested some other shoes for me to try on.

The main thing was...the owner, who was there, was especially nice. I knew who she was because I'd seen her picture in the newspaper. I asked her some personal questions, like how tall are you (5' 2 and 3/4 inches....I figured she was petite even though she was wearing heels, natch) and if she was married ("actually, I'm not" was her reply.) I also said "I love you" but in a joking way so she didn't take offense.

She also took all my personal information and put it in her computer (like my name, address, and e-mail address.) I ended up buying a pair of boots and a pair of pumps. I really shouldn't have bought two pair but I have no sales resistance.

As you can see it was a wonderful experience. Now if I could only get the owner to go out on a date with me. Hey who wouldn't want to date a pretty girl that owns a shoe store?

Adrienne Heels
12-08-2007, 02:49 PM
Sounds like you had a wonderful time. That's how I feel when I go into the Nine West shop at the local mall.

Susan.
12-08-2007, 11:09 PM
Sounds like a good time. You sure have small feet. I wish I was just in single digits sizes. :jealous:

carolinewalker_2000
12-09-2007, 02:05 AM
What a nice shop you found; I bet you will now become a regular customer!

Mitch23
12-09-2007, 05:58 AM
great story and if it's meant to happen it will!

Mitch