PDA

View Full Version : What, other than with clothes, do you do...

battybattybats
12-08-2007, 05:18 AM
What, other than with clothes, do you do that crosses the gender divide for you and expresses your femininity.

The important thing here is not whether or not the thing fits into strict social notions of female but not male acceptability. Instead it should be things that you denied yourself because it didn't fit in with your male presentation or things that evoke a strong feeling of femininity for you.

For me some days when writing in my journal I feel strongly caught up in feeling female. Often I end up doodling little bats and spiderwebs and other such amongst my words when that happens.

Kate Simmons
12-08-2007, 05:46 AM
I no longer have a "divide" Batty as my feelings are now always mixed. Previously, however, I would say the things that made me feel the most in touch with femininity were my feelings for family and my relationships with others. I was unable to due that in "guy mode' before amalgamation.:happy:

SiobhanW
12-08-2007, 06:58 AM
Hmm. Well, I like chick flicks. I get emotional (and cry) more readily than the average male. I've always been somewhat more concerned than most over my appearance and grooming. Don't care for sports in the least.

Raychel
12-08-2007, 08:37 AM
I like to go shopping, Does that count.

Deborah Jane
12-08-2007, 08:40 AM
I like to go shopping, Does that count.

I hope so, it,s quickly becoming my favourite pastime :happy:

Marla S
12-08-2007, 08:55 AM
Well that's hard to answer, because in contrast to dressing it is less obvious, can be adapted to the situation, is easily overlooked by oneself and others. If realized by others it is often even appreciated.
In contrast to clothes there is no really such thing like male or female activities. If you have to box it this way, most people are transgendered to some degree.
Clothing is only just one aspect, the most obvious one, but not necessarily the most fundamental one.

I did "feminine" activities most of my life, but usually didn't think of them as TG related.
I played with dolls, did/do almost any kind of handicrafts (knitting sewing, stitching, crochet, etc.,etc.), cried watching movies (usually tried to suppress or hide it though), like shopping (not for men's wear though), home decoration, buying and wrapping gifts, etc. etc.

Accepting my CDing helped me to get a bit more emotionally open ... that was/is suppressed by trying to be the man.
Being/feeling emotionally trapped and socially handicapped was/is probably the major issue trying to pretend the male role.

christina marie
12-08-2007, 09:15 AM
earrings,lip gloss,anklet,toenails always polished,usually pink,fingernails always buffed to a glass shine,practicing my girly voice on people i wont likely see again,watching my gait and posture,just generally anything i think i can get by with,especially in public,is so much fun to watch peoples reactions. dont go out dressed except maybe girls jeans sometimes,but somehow people seem to figure it out...

Nicole Erin
12-08-2007, 05:58 PM
Some of my choice in music is not real masculine. My favorite singer is Patricia Kaas, and a lot of her songs are about love. Being they are in French, not too many people know what she is saying anyways.

I don't really know if the things I do are masc or femme.

Dawn Marie
12-08-2007, 07:17 PM
Well I love to cook and be in the kitchen, I love most chick flicks, and I'm always well groomed and dressed. And yes I do cry at the sad or happy parts of movies.

charlie
12-08-2007, 07:28 PM
I have been dressing for only 7 or so month now. What I find happening in that time is that I do enjoy shopping at eBay and Thrift stores in the feminine sections. I do think about how to walk more like a lady. I do sit with my legs together. I now stare at ladies faces to see how they are doing their makeup. For me this is not only rare, weird and new. This is a new me! It is also a new me that I wonder if my wife is noticing as well.

Lilith Moon
12-08-2007, 07:31 PM
I'm with Salandra on this one. I don't feel like a different person when dressed...I'm still me. In fact I never refer to myself in the third person, there is no Lilith persona, it is just a name I use when dressed femme. Likewise, I don't classify my thoughts/interests as masculine/feminine...they are all simply things that I do.

chrissietoo
12-08-2007, 08:15 PM
Chick flicks....in fact the girls at the office got their first clue about me when favorite movies came up...I named an incriminating list before it dawned on me what I was saying!

My very favorite thing, though, is a girly pen with purple ink. I always admired girls handwriting....:happy:

SweetCaroline
12-08-2007, 08:20 PM
It's hard to define. I'd say dance, but I mainly do that in femme mode. I've only came out very recently to my family, but for years they've known I've collected a few dolls and girls toys, posters and lunch boxes. That and I'm an artist, so I like to paint pretty pictures and stuff. :D

Colleentg
12-08-2007, 08:31 PM
For me, since I'm mostly in casual mode, my jeans give me away. They're either flared or have something fem about them, including feminine embroidery or patches.
Probably the most obvious is my long blonde hair which is tied back in scrunchies. Secondly is this colorful latex bracelet I wear 24/7.

trannie T
12-08-2007, 10:13 PM
Clothes, shoes, wigs and makeup are my expression of femininity. I do split my own firewood which I've always considered to be women's work.

Chiana
12-08-2007, 11:08 PM
Besides just wearing dresses, I shave my legs, underarms, chest and knucles. I also trim my arm hair but I don't shave it. I ususally have nail polish on my toenails. And I pluck my eye brows. Lots of things that might give some people clues, I guess.

veronicagirl
12-09-2007, 01:19 PM
OK.....I'm single, and live alone in my own home. As a usual guy, I HATE cleaning. So.....I put on leggings, cute socks, girl sneakers, a long tee with bra/pads under it; and my scrubbing, dusting, laundry, dishes get done.

Nadia-Maria
12-09-2007, 03:30 PM
I like very much to take part to various forums, and especially to one about politics and economy.

Apart of my usual (serious) participation, I created a feminine avatar of a very pretty blonde, and I post on the forum in that feminine mode expressing feelings and compassion. I try to be the blonde who posts what a blonde is supposed to post about politics and economy !
I am very excited when I post as a very pretty girl.

Nadia

Jessika Paige
12-09-2007, 03:53 PM
i have always sat like a lady. i curl my legs up in my recliner while watching tv, cleaning, shaping and buffing my nails. i use a "Temptations" (from the dead sea) buffing thingy my wife uses on hers. My nails appear to have clear polish on them but their just shiny. i now shower with a pink scrunchie thing my wife gave me. the dirt from work was staining the washcloths. i stole a tube of her silky legs shave lotion for the tender areas. i maintain a cute little triangle. i've been tweezing my brows, little by little. just started using an apricot facial scrub she gave me along with creamy baby oil to stay soft downstairs. hoof and nail on the nails. lots of little stuff. i particulary enjoy two glasses of wine before bed, not that that's fem but i dont like beer. feels ladylike to me. :happy: