PDA

View Full Version : Questions for all.

Anthony Jake
12-08-2007, 09:36 AM
In what ways do you find that your life has changed, since you started living as male (or in an MtF case living as Female) ?

Do you feel as though you have more opportunities within your life, or that people find you a better person?

If you were born again, would you be born into the correct gender or would you like to go down the same route again?

Since finding out about you trans-ness have you allowed yourself to open more doors to yourself, than you would have done if you had never been trans?

Just some random questions I thought I would as as the board is fairly quiet and I want something to think about at work :D

Feel free to add more questions..

Kieron Andrew
12-08-2007, 12:07 PM
In what ways do you find that your life has changed, since you started living as male (or in an MtF case living as Female) ? Im more of a nicer, more honest person with others and myself, i now dont take life for granted

Do you feel as though you have more opportunities within your life, or that people find you a better person?yes i am more confident, more approachable so i have more opportunities to meet some wonderful people

If you were born again, would you be born into the correct gender or would you like to go down the same route again?ive always said im very proud of being a TransMan, so if i was born female bodied again would i want to be trans, yes i would i feel it has enriched my life

Since finding out about you trans-ness have you allowed yourself to open more doors to yourself, than you would have done if you had never been trans?Being Trans has allowed me to travel, to meet people and do things i never thought possible by the wonderful friendships i have made within the Trans Community

ZenFrost
12-08-2007, 02:54 PM
In what ways do you find that your life has changed, since you started living as male (or in an MtF case living as Female) ?

I'm way less shy and reserved, and my confidence has improved a lot.

Do you feel as though you have more opportunities within your life, or that people find you a better person?

I never made a good girl, I tried very hard to be female for a very long time, but it just didn't work because I'm not one. And now that I'm not trying to be something I'm not, I don't feel so constrained in my life. I also think I've become a lot nicer now that I've accepted myself as a guy.

If you were born again, would you be born into the correct gender or would you like to go down the same route again?

If I had a chance to start over, I'd be a guy from the start.

Since finding out about you trans-ness have you allowed yourself to open more doors to yourself, than you would have done if you had never been trans?

Had I not been trans I don't think I would've come to this site in the first place, and in coming here I've met some really great peole that I wouldn't have met otherwise.

Joy Carter
12-08-2007, 03:08 PM
I as a GM have established a great life with a GG I love, and two great kids. I couldn't be more lucky to have what I have.
But I have never been happy with myself. No matter how hard I worked to be happy. So yeah, if I were born a GG I think I'd been much more happy with myself. But I have been much more happy since I have accepted myself. But being pretty only once in a while just isn't enough.
But I just couldn't break the hearts of my loved one's by being full time.
So as the GM in the relationship, I take the hit to keep them happy.

CaptLex
12-08-2007, 07:33 PM
Good topic, Anthony . . . :happy:

In what ways do you find that your life has changed, since you started living as male?

My life hasn't changed much, but I have. I'm more relaxed, confident and social. For example: I used to avoid talking to strangers and wouldn't let them engage me in conversation if they tried talking to me. Now I have no problem chatting with people everywhere. Also, people tend to automatically get out of my way now (hard to accomplish in such a crowded city), that never happened before unless I pushed them out of the way. There are still days I'd rather be alone, but I'm not really frustrated and uncomfortable around people now. :thumbsup:

No major changes there, but it's nice to be included in guys' conversations and activities without being seen as the lone "girl" in the bunch. :D

I have no regrets about being born trans in this life, but in my next life I'm definitely coming back as a boy. I want to experience the whole thing correctly from the beginning without regrets about the parts I missed. :p

Yeah, mostly socially. I turn down a lot less invitations now. Also, re-discovering my transness has brought back some things I had stopped enjoying many years ago, like writing. :happy:

Cai
12-09-2007, 01:47 PM
I'm so much happier, for one thing. I'm comfortable in my own skin (HUGE for me, btw).
I've also made a lot of great friends through the lesbian community here on campus. I feel like I've been accepted as a part of the queer community here, which makes them more comfortable talking to me.

I'm not sure. I feel like a stronger, happier person now. I wouldn't say "better" but I have allowed things that are part of my base personality to come to light.

If I got a chance to try again in life, as in a new life after the end of this one, I'd come back as a guy just to see what it's like. But I wouldn't want to start this one over as a guy. I've had too many experiences at the women's college I attend to be willing to trade it for anything. And being trans is such a part of my identity now that I don't know I'd be the same person without it.

Absolutely. I've accepted that I'm a sexual being for one thing (:devil:). My personality and dreams make more sense. I think I understand myself better now.

Felix
12-09-2007, 03:41 PM
Well since I started dressing as male and telling people I prefer to be called Felix the following has happened....

1. I have lost the person who I love the most in all the world.

2. I get chatted up by all the gay men on the scene lol!!

3. I feel more confident although that has took a knocking of late but getting back again I think.

4. Thought more about how much I want to look male pro's and cons.

5. Thought about how other lesbians see me i.e. not a real lesbian even though I don't like boxes. This has a negative connotation for me. Then again their loss!! Also mine :sad:

6. The big question then, what and who am I? Answer, I am who I am, I am what I am. I am myself nick name Felix.

7. Where has this all left me? In terms of personal relationships feeling very isolated on a deep level. On a superficial level I can still have fun and mates and a life. As far as trusting on a personal level, meaning in terms of relationships dunno if I'm capable!!

8. So all in all I feel there are positives and negatives and at present many negatives. The biggest not being with my love at Christmas :sad: xx Felix :hugs:

DanielMacBride
12-09-2007, 09:27 PM

OMG, my life is TOTALLY different - well okay the externals are still pretty much the same (low income, dramas with my kids and DCP and whatnot), but the way I SEE it and DEAL with it has completely changed, and now I have lost the horrible feeling that I had for my whole life before that where I felt like I was walking through a Dali painting and I was the only one who knew it, everyone else thought it was normal. I always felt like I was sort of misaligned with the rest of my life, kinda displaced within it - and I have lost that, everything seems to have shifted into its proper alignment now :D And as a result I am finding my depression has completely vanished, my life flows a whole lot better, and I am incredibly happy even though I don't appear to have much :)

Not really - I don't *have* more opportunities now, but I do *make* more opportunities because I am happy and motivated now and comfortable because I can be who I am. I know what I want from life now and I know that I have to go out and GET it as opposed to waiting for it to come and find me ;) So I really DO feel like I am now the master of my own destiny - which is kinda nice ;)

As for being seen as a better person - I don't think so, I am really not much different to the person I was in girl mode except that I have allowed all the aspects of my personality that she hid, to come to the fore. As a result I am finding it much easier to make friends and be accepted because people can see I am absolutely at ease with who I am, and I think being at ease with myself just makes it easier for me to BE the person that I am (who I like to think is a pretty decent person anyway, or I try to be) :) So maybe "better" in the sense that I am more open and completely at ease with myself and others now...

I have found that since I came out, my life has literally kind of accelerated - in the almost 5 months I have been Daniel I have been motivated to change my financial situation so have started creating my own business from home; I have an amazing girlfriend who just brings SO much into my life; and I am really just settling in and getting comfortable being me :)

Hmmm, interesting question - in some ways yes I would like to be born into the correct gender because it WOULD save me a world of anguish and hurt and I suppose I would like to know what it is like to grow up always being comfortable with yourself and knowing that you ARE the right gender....on the other hand, I wouldn't change a thing about MY life because I am the sum of my experiences, and to change any of that would mean I would not be the person that I am, and that may well not be a good thing. I can look at my life now and SEE why things that bothered me for years have happened, things that I had no explanation for - and understand why things have happened the way they have in the greater context of my reason for being here and so on, so I have no real regrets :)

I think I have actually kind of gone through and flung all the previously closed doors wide open :D I am a very open kind of person and for me, coming out was as honest with myself as it gets - and I made the best decision of my life when I chose to just accept it rather than argue with it ;) I can't say if I would have opened as many doors or not if I were not trans, because I have no experience of NOT being trans so I don't know how open I would have been if that were the case. Maybe it would have been easier because I would not have had to close some of those doors through necessity for survival, who knows?

Daniel

Syr_SwitchyGQ
12-09-2007, 10:48 PM
In what ways do you find that your life has changed, since you started living as male

Well, all my friends think I'm even weirder... :p Which is okay really. But honestly not a lot has changed. I've just switched my hardcore campaigning for gay rights and dealing with being an out lesbian to campaigning for trans rights and dealing with all the natural issues of being an out transman. My parents took it hard, initially, but I think we're in a much better place now. I lost my girlfriend, but that opened me up to new relationships.

I think it's cool that I get to lead a local movement (in the sense that I get to lead our trans student group.) I like that I get to educate people and feel like I got to fight for something I believe in. Do people find me a better person... erm... not so much. I haven't really changed all that much, personality-wise.

I'd want to be born FtM again. Mostly because I wouldn't want to be female, but if I was a straight GM, I'd be a chauvenistic, homophobic/transphobic @$$hole probably. No guarantees, but that's a distinct likelihood. I suppose it'd be ok if I was a gay GM. Meh, dunno.

Yeah... there's people I wouldn't've talked to, ideas I wouldn't've pondered, etc. etc. I think a big one for me is moderating my rabid feminisim. I'm still a feminist, but because I've been allowed into the guy talk recently, I'm a lot more sympathetic to guys and guys needs as well as women's.

SirTrey
12-10-2007, 07:30 AM
I've been able to let go a lot of things from the past and separate Myself from them because Trey has a different life than Tracy did entirely....Different tastes in things, different skills, it's amazing how how much you can actually change your life and how much better it feels to just be yourself.

I've had people TELL Me that I am a better person...When you are happy with yourself, it's much easier to be a better person because when a person is unhappy, in a sense, whether they realize it or not, they do tend to take it out on other people...I find that I am MUCH more patient now....also, calmer and more resolute in whatever I am trying to accomplish.

Male, absolutely. I have now learned the life lesson that I was apparently meant to learn in this life from being trans...Now I just want My **d.ick** :)

Absolutely, being trans is the ultimate road to discovery...and once you accept yourself, there is the "getting to know yourself as you really are" phase, and that is one hell of a great journey of self discovery.
GREAT questions, Anth.....And I loved reading everyone's answers....We should all try to think of great questions to post to the group.....Dude, you should get bored at work more often....:) **Trey**