PDA

View Full Version : Becoming more comfortable with myself

Rebecca Jackson
12-08-2007, 09:46 AM
I posted a thread a while back about my struggles feeling uncomfortable when buying feminine things, and my frustrations about that. Since that post I've made quite a bit of progress! I've bought make-up at several different stores, and bought a dress at a department store. I've grown my nails longer and now keep them polish, even if it is only clear! I've worn a little mascara when shopping at times, as well as a natural looking shade of lipstick. Most importantly, I beginng to realize it doesn't matter what others think, and that if they don't approve, who cares! I feel so good about how things are going and that I'm more comfrotable with who I am. Next week I'm going to look for clothes at the used clothing store, and I'm also going to Victoria's Secret!

jennifer41356
12-08-2007, 11:53 AM
amen sister....:drink:...soon you will be going out shopping dressed as a lady and believe me its the best:love:

Kim_Bitzflick
12-08-2007, 04:25 PM
I posted a thread a while back about my struggles feeling uncomfortable when buying feminine things, and my frustrations about that. Since that post I've made quite a bit of progress! I've bought make-up at several different stores, and bought a dress at a department store. I've grown my nails longer and now keep them polish, even if it is only clear! I've worn a little mascara when shopping at times, as well as a natural looking shade of lipstick. Most importantly, I beginng to realize it doesn't matter what others think, and that if they don't approve, who cares! I feel so good about how things are going and that I'm more comfrotable with who I am. Next week I'm going to look for clothes at the used clothing store, and I'm also going to Victoria's Secret!

Good for you. I had that realization recently myself and it makes a huge difference, BUT I still have to worry about what my dressing will do to my wife & family since my wife cares what people think.

tricia_uktv
12-08-2007, 05:27 PM
Rebecca, thats brilliant, you're on your way. Most people don't concern themselves with us in any case. I promise you it gets better and better. I am out on Wednesday and just can't wait!

StacyCD
12-08-2007, 05:36 PM
Once you become comfortable with yourself, no one else's opinion really matters. Because the alternative is if you don't like yourself then it REALLY doesn't matter what others think of you. Yesterday, I purchased a leather jacket from JCPenny. I didn't bat an eye trying on a women's jacket--especially since it started life at $220 and was on sale for $50 and I had coupon for an additional $10 off. So for $40 I wasn't going to worry about what anyone else was thinking!

Dawn Marie
12-08-2007, 07:24 PM
Good for you Rebecca, the more comfortable you are with yourself the more enjoyment you will find that you get out of the experience. It took me a lot of years the build the confidence to go out comfortable in public,but since then I seem to enjoy my time enfemme more.

MAJESTYK
12-08-2007, 08:38 PM
Good for you! The key to happiness is to be comfortable with yourself. Make sure you keep your feet close to the ground . Sometimes turbulence happens, it's natural. Becoming over confident can happen and we can also exceed our own expectations. When that happens it can be more devastating than someone elses ignorance. I dont want to sound negative,, far from it. Go for all you can and be happy, just be careful. I speak from experience. If you dont "fall" far, it's easier to get back up. Once again, good for you!:thumbsup: