PDA

View Full Version : Size matters

Francine Nice
12-08-2007, 10:59 AM
I guess the only correct way to pick out clothes is to try them on. Went shopping today and tried on a skirt and top, both 12/14. The top was too tight and the skirt was way too loose. Then tried a 10 skirt which fit fine but couldn't find a matching top. Has anyone ever gone to one of those advertised free "bra fitting event" at Department stores. I thought about trying them out just to get a correct bra size but have been a little apprehensive.

I enjoy hearing from everyone on the forum about their personal situations and their advise. Thanks,

Francine

Vivian Best
12-08-2007, 11:33 AM
Francine, personally I haven't, but would like to some day. There has been threads in the past that some have done it and it was a great experience.

Jocelyn Quivers
12-08-2007, 11:40 AM
I have the exact same problem, having a very small waist, and very large arms and shoulders. Since I'm still too shy to try items on in stores. I usually buy skirts and tops seperately. In picking tops or dresses I try to avoid anything thats 100% polyester because it does not stretch any. I stick with clothes that have at least some lycra spandex in them.

Sinthia
12-08-2007, 11:55 AM
I guess the only correct way to pick out clothes is to try them on. Went shopping today and tried on a skirt and top, both 12/14. The top was too tight and the skirt was way too loose. Then tried a 10 skirt which fit fine but couldn't find a matching top. Has anyone ever gone to one of those advertised free "bra fitting event" at Department stores. I thought about trying them out just to get a correct bra size but have been a little apprehensive.

I enjoy hearing from everyone on the forum about their personal situations and their advise. Thanks,

Francine
Francine . . . Call the store that is having the bra fitting event and ask them if you can come in and be fitted. Chances are great that they will set up an appointment for you. They are interested in selling bras, not who is wearing them. And the more men that wear them, the better it is for their sales.

Francine Nice
12-08-2007, 12:16 PM
Thank You for the good advice. I plan to go to a bra fitting the next time I see one advertised. Calling for an appointment makes sense. I just don't want to have to wait in a line, but having an appointment probably reduces that possibility. Do you think I need to tell them I am a CDer when I make the appointment?

Sounds exciting and a real opportunity to get fitted for a "proper" bra size. Now, If only I could get properly sized and fitted for the rest of my femme clothes.

Thanks

Francine

docrobbysherry
12-08-2007, 12:29 PM
Thank You for the good advice. I plan to go to a bra fitting the next time I see one advertised. Calling for an appointment makes sense. I just don't want to have to wait in a line, but having an appointment probably reduces that possibility. Do you think I need to tell them I am a CDer when I make the appointment?

Sounds exciting and a real opportunity to get fitted for a "proper" bra size. Now, If only I could get properly sized and fitted for the rest of my femme clothes.

Thanks

Francine

Francine,
To me, u r the bravest of the brave! I couldn't imagine a bra fitting event in my worst nitemare! I buy bras by the pound at our Goodwill outlet store. They cost about 25 to 50 cents each. I have so many that don't fit well, but also have many that fit quite well with any/all of my various breast form sizes. Best wishes on a successful outing!
RS

Violet
12-08-2007, 12:41 PM
Do you think I need to tell them I am a CDer when I make the appointment?

Hi, Francine! I would tell them you are a CD when you make the appointment for one reason only: your own comfort. I'm a big believer in the "forewarned is forearmed" and by telling them straight out you are a CD, you will avoid a potentially embarrassing scene. Going for a bra fitting should be a fun experience for you, not one where you are worried about what other people think, or what they might say.

As for the rest of it: a lot of GGs have the same problem with dresses! Some GG's are really busty, with small waists and some have tiny upper bodies and generous hips. Dresses don't always work for us, either! The nice thing is, you can now get 'formal seperates' where there are a range of tops that go with a range of skirts and when worn together, they look rather like a dress.

I will also mention the cardinal rule of fashion: TAILORING. If you find a dress you really like, you can usually buy the size you need for up top and can have the waist nipped in by a tailor. I will warn you though, that tailoring for women's clothing tends to be more expensive than for men's clothing.

Francine Nice
12-08-2007, 01:01 PM
I don't know how brave I am but I find that when I dream about doing someting and then talk about it, on the forum, I am much more at ease at following through. I have been dreaming and trying to decide how to go about doing the bra fitting. After your input, you have put me at ease and I am excited about following through. That is the great thing about the forum. You and share and get advice from CDers in the same situation. Thanks again and keep the good advice coming. Much appreciated

Francine