PDA

View Full Version : For the MTFs: "How many ex-girlfriends are you still friends with?"

NatalieBliss
12-08-2007, 11:18 PM
Some more detail on exactly what I am looking for:

A somewhat loose definition of "friend" I wouldn't argue someone your still "friendly with" i.e. see 'em constantly (purpose or circumstance) and there is perceived mutual "good vibes" about the other. Or, one of you initiates contact somewhat regularly, and it alternates, on occasion, whom initiates.

Also it does not matter if she did or did not know about being a CD...

I would also appreciate it if you included girls you where friends with for a while after breaking up.

I am not ignoring MtFs with ex-boyfriends or other TGs or any other possible category of humanity. However I am interested in this specific segment as it pertains to "is it possible CDs and GGs end romance on more mutual understanding than difference. Also, by extension, my "normalcy within a subculture" will be some what established.

Anyway thanks for participating. I will just leave you with my answer:

Kieron Andrew
12-08-2007, 11:19 PM
MTFs or FTMs? cos if its FTMs its in the wrong section? is confused?

Ms_Judys_pet
12-08-2007, 11:21 PM
One, my Wife and i are still friends with my ex-wife.
Lost track of everyone else.
susie

NatalieBliss
12-08-2007, 11:27 PM
Thanks for bringing that up so tactfully!

I edited the first post, but was unable (and not surprised) that I couldn't change the thread title.

Kieron Andrew
12-08-2007, 11:28 PM
Thanks for bringing that up so tactfully!

I edited the first post, but was unable (and not surprised) that I couldn't change the thread title.
lol i didnt think i was that tactful, just confused, im sure a mod will change it

rachel_mead
12-08-2007, 11:30 PM
one
I hadn't spoken with her in maybe 16 years or so and then we emailed a bit before our 20th HS reunion. I decided I could confide in her that I was a crossdresser since she was a lesbian and would probably be understanding. She was the first person I ever told in this world and she was indeed wonderful and supportive.
Rachel

CaptLex
12-09-2007, 12:51 AM
Don't confuse me, Natalie! :slap:

There you go, I changed it for you. :happy:

AmandaM
12-09-2007, 12:52 AM
You're supposed to remain friends?!

Joy Carter
12-09-2007, 02:49 AM
Been married to my last HS sweet heart for almost thirty eight years. Were way more than friends.
But I did run into the prior gf at my five year class reunion. She told me she was not happy with her husband, and that she should have stayed with me. She knew my mother so I guess they talked allot. Saw her about ten years ago and she was still extremely cute.

lisa_e_love
12-09-2007, 03:22 AM
Sometimes things break up in a way that friendship seems reasonable. Sometimes it doesn't.

But pretty much every GG girl is like, "Oh, you don't talk to X? You really should."

Frankly, I don't see much point with some relationships. I think sometimes people just try and stay friends afterwards to reduce the guilt produced by the breakup. And that seems pretty unhealthy to me as it just keeps you close with someone you need to be moving on from.

Melora
12-09-2007, 06:11 AM
Just ONE!:), And thank god.. And we both understand one another as always..

Stephanie-L
12-09-2007, 01:37 PM
I still chat occasionally with one ex-gf, the breakup was very amicable. I was sharing an apartment with a guy who eventually bacame her husband, so... She also does not know of my CDing. My only other serious GF did know about my Cding and the breakup was not pleasant, though I don't know what role my interests played in the ending of the realtionship. I do know that the two marriages she went through were to very "manly" guys, but she has left both of them also. Anyway, interesting thoughts here.....Stephanie

charllote34
12-09-2007, 02:26 PM
Im glad i am still friends with my ex and between us i miss her terribly:o

NatalieBliss
12-09-2007, 02:34 PM
Don't confuse me, Natalie! :slap:

There you go, I changed it for you. :happy:

Thanks for changing the title Capt. I apoligize and hope we can all put those confusing memories behind us. :D

Anyway some interesting responses so far. A lot more 0's then I thought there would be but I can understand Lisa's thought that there is no point.

Looking forward to seeing more!

Paula G
12-09-2007, 03:07 PM
My wife and I were still friendly with two ex-girlfriends until we had a falling out with one and lost touch with the other after a mutual friend's funeral. Only my wife has ever known about my dressing.

Jocelyn Quivers
12-09-2007, 03:48 PM
Zero, I didn't date much or have more than a couple of girlfriends before I met my wife.

Barbara G
12-10-2007, 11:27 AM
I moved to college in 1954 and have had only one girl friend since;
we celebrate our 50th anniversary in 2008...

JoAnnDallas
12-10-2007, 02:07 PM
There are girlfriends then there are girlfriends. I have a lot of girlfriends both GG and TG, but as for the other type, I have been married so long that I would not even know where any of them live now. LOL

optyks
12-10-2007, 04:21 PM
I'm on OK terms with all of my ex's. My last ex knew about my CDing and was pretty supportive of it! My current girlfriend is supportive of it, but not as interested....

Lisa Golightly
12-10-2007, 04:42 PM
I kind of go through this general pattern...

1. Ground zero blast...
2. Nuclear winter...
3. Friends for ever.

Don't know why they talk to me, but they do... awwwww :)

P.S. All my partners know me for who I am.

mollytyler
12-10-2007, 05:01 PM
Most of my friends in HS and college were all girls.....so THOSE girlfriends very much in my circle of life today....99%know and fully accepted my issues

Marcie Sexton
12-10-2007, 05:30 PM
Gosh, I've been married 2 days longer than dirt is old...

There are several of my old girl friends I still think of once in a while, several I'd love to see< friends only>, but as with time we have all gotten older and busy living our own lives...

angelfire
12-10-2007, 06:34 PM
None of my ex's know I CD, but I am still friendly toward all of them.

Lucy Bright
12-11-2007, 02:01 PM
I wonder whether you shouldn't have put percentages rather than raw numbers, since the two exes I'm still friendly with represent a very high percentage of all the gfs I've ever had! In fact, it's only my ex-wife I'm on bad terms with, really. And I'm in touch with her too, since we have two children in common...

I often feel in my own mind that my rel'p with my exes is more like that of two female friends than that of romantic exes. However, I've no evidence that this is the way they see it - other than that they seem quite happy to keep in touch with me.

No one except my current SO knew - to my knowledge - about the CDing.

Kisses,

Lucy

Stormgirl
12-11-2007, 07:28 PM
Only one ex gf,the rest I told them to GTFO:devil: