PDA

View Full Version : 50%?

Shadeauxmarie
12-10-2007, 10:32 AM
I watched an old movie this weekend. Mannequin.

The villian, BJ Wert, owned a clothing store and was commenting on Andrew McCarthy apparently having sex with a mannequin (Kim Cattrall).

He said "I bet fifty percent of the guys in this store wear lace underwear, but this... this is....".

So, does half the regular male population wear lace underwear? Are they just too scared to admit it?

carolinewalker_2000
12-10-2007, 11:07 AM
Good question; I bet it's a lot more than we think!

kaitlin
12-10-2007, 11:26 AM
Hey Girls, Some facts for ya'll...I worked in a big city Hospital emergency department and on an ambulance for many years. I can't begin to remember the numbers of males from early teens to mature adults, that I have treated, that were wearing some sort of fem clothing. Mostly panties, pantyhose, polished toes and cami's. But there were some that were fully dressed, almost all had the same story, "I lost a bet" or "I was dared" But none the less they were wearing something and some how or another got hurt or sick. And most had there GF or wife with them, that was fully aware of what they had on. So yes the numbers of Crossdressers are a lot higher than we know. Kaitlin:thumbsup:

Stephenie S
12-10-2007, 11:32 AM
Oh yeah, the old "lost a bet" story. And how many people do you think actually believe that?

Lovies,
Stephie

kaitlin
12-10-2007, 11:36 AM
Oh yeah, the old "lost a bet" story. And how many people do you think actually believe that?

Lovies,
Stephie

Out of a staff of 28 people, let me think........none! haha :heehee:

Nicole Erin
12-10-2007, 04:55 PM
Out of a staff of 28 people, let me think........none! haha :heehee:

Not even one? Didn't YOU believe them? :D

Anyways, I kinda doubt if too many males wear femme stuff. Yeah of course we all do it to different degrees, but I doubt there is a huge degree of men who do it at all.

angelfire
12-10-2007, 06:37 PM
if they were fully dressed, coulda been the whole "I lost a bet" thing. If they were wearing stuff covertly, then not a chance.

lisa_e_love
12-10-2007, 06:44 PM
Maybe not 50% at any given time, but I sure think that around that many have tried wearing an article of women's clothing out of curiosity or in jest.

trannie T
12-10-2007, 06:53 PM
I hardly ever wear lace underwear, too scratchy and just not comfortable. A little bit of lace trim, yesss.

Sharon
12-10-2007, 06:58 PM
I'm convinced -- if they say it in such a well respected and scholarly film as Mannequin, then it must be true. :straightface:

ShannonDragon
12-10-2007, 07:04 PM
He said "I bet fifty percent of the guys in this store wear lace underwear, but this... this is....".

Let's examine this statement; He says 50% of the guys IN THIS STORE...

So that would mean either 50% of the males who shop there, or 50% of the male employees wear lace underware.

Has nothing to do with the population at large :tongueout

(Finally... reached 200 posts!!)

Jordan
12-10-2007, 07:11 PM
I bet a lot do and will never admit it I'm glad my wife knows because now I can wear them all the time

Daintre
12-10-2007, 07:26 PM
Sorry lace just doesn't make the A list, file it one step lower than cotton briefs or boxers.

Brianna Lovely
12-10-2007, 08:04 PM
Lace? No, but silk, satin, or microfiber, yes.

Now, as far as loosing a bet goes..............
I have never been dared or bet, reguarding wearing feminine clothing. Beyond that, I've never heard any other male dared to wear fem clothing, nor have I heard of another man having to wear fem clothing, because he lost a bet or dare.

So................
all you would be CDs out there, fess up, you just like to wear fem clothing!

Jacqui
12-10-2007, 08:56 PM
So, does half the regular male population wear lace underwear? Are they just too scared to admit it?

Part of me says, "Yes," and the other part says, "No."

corrinediane
12-10-2007, 10:01 PM
You know Hollywood wears lace panties. The are a bit uncomfortable, especially if you shave down there. There still top of my list! Maybe not 50% but I would guess more then we'd imagine.

Niya W
12-10-2007, 10:04 PM
Let's examine this statement; He says 50% of the guys IN THIS STORE...

So that would mean either 50% of the males who shop there, or 50% of the male employees wear lace underware.

Has nothing to do with the population at large :tongueout

(Finally... reached 200 posts!!)

Lets examine that statement even more. THe guy saying it was a queen. In the movie most of the guys in the dept were queens

Butterfly Bill
12-10-2007, 10:51 PM

If I had a nickel for every time someone has asked me at a Renaissance faire, "So did you lose the bet?", I could quite possibly be able to buy a Queen Elizabeth gown with ruff and gold inlay. The answer I always give is below in my sig:

Rachel Morley
12-10-2007, 11:15 PM
I totally believe CDing is way bigger than most people might think and is a massively untapped market. :happy:

Billijo49504
12-10-2007, 11:34 PM
Not me!! Lace is out, but nylon or cotton panties are ok. The lace is very abrasive on some very sencitive places...BJ

pamela_a
12-11-2007, 01:08 AM
I have to agree, lace is pretty as a trim but give me silky panties. I'll wear cotton before I wear all lace panties.

-Paula-

Nicki B
12-11-2007, 03:57 AM

Surely, until none of us is too scared to admit it, ALL FIGURES ARE A COMPLETE GUESS..... :roflmao:

There's no magic in this - nobody knows, nor could they. Sites like this, though, make it obvious that there are plenty of people hiding it?

Emma England
12-11-2007, 04:42 AM
A few years ago, I had a job in a warehouse dealing with clothing stock for Marks & Spencer (the biggest lingerie retailer in the UK).

The majority of the time, I was in the ladies underwear isles. Very few times did I have to go to the mens.

I realize that women may shop more often, but it was way out of proportion.

Also 4 times as many isles were dedicated to ladies underwear compared with mens.

Lisa Golightly
12-11-2007, 04:46 AM
Not from the suspicious heaps of discarded underclothings I've found in the bathroom over the years...

waspookie6
12-11-2007, 06:40 AM
In just the last few weeks I spoke with a couple good male friends on a "curious about" basis (I do this often, it never seems odd to them). One is from another country - I knew some but not all of the current cultural dress though it makes you wonder where 'western' nations went wrong.

The response was very interesting:
An Aeronautics Engineer for 30 years that deals with the upper strata of the workforce all that time very calmly said "It's no big deal. There are a lot of guys at work who wear stockings and silk under khaki and dress shirts with ties."
"About how many would you guess?"
"Oh, I'd say about 2 in 5 any given day of the week."
"How do YOU know? (giggling)"
"(manly man voice) THE LOCKEROOM!"
we busted up laughing as we always do

A team lead for NHRA racing cars, IQ of 167, helped invent the DAT. Friends for 17 years now.
"I'd say about half of us...maybe a little less. Its hot in the pits and shops, wearing something softer and lighter in fabric seems sensible and logical (ony a true genius would say that and mean it). He then went on to give me the *full* history of men wearing corsets, hosiery, and hats and such back to the 1400's. That was a long conversation but enlightening. We could have talked longer and gone to any year BC where men wore the finest silk 'robes' only, eyeliner, pancake make up, manicures and pedicures with painted nails. In 'Wild West' days, most all men wore corsets and fine silk shirts - it kept their backs from hurting riding horses and sweat didn't soak their shirts, stockings were silk as well from boot sweat and care too. Look at old pictures. Most of the men had frilly shirts on!

This could be a very historical discussion that would include many cultures. Not sure it would end up giving % for what you are asking but it could be interesting.

jjjjohanne
12-11-2007, 06:46 AM
Once, while I was at a department store as a man while wearing a skirt, blouse, dark hose, and heels, a customer asked me, "Was it a bet?" I smiled and said no as I went down the escalator. Maybe the "It's a bet" does work on some people (or maybe it worked on her once!)

Emma England, I love your signature!

Cai
12-11-2007, 12:26 PM
Ever watched "Dirty Jobs"? In one of the episodes, a cement-layer is wearing a red lacy thong, occasionally visible above his jean waistband. Host goes and asks the foreman about it, who basically says "Yeah, and the world takes all kinds."

I think occasions like that are fairly widespread. People can more accepting than you might think.

Ruth
12-11-2007, 05:20 PM
I think we have to be a minority, otherwise we wouldn't be having these discussions (think about it).
But the question remains, how small (or big) a minority?
And it is very very difficult to find out.
Whether it matters very much or not depends on the answer. I'm willing to guess at more like 5% than 50%.

Patti Girl
12-11-2007, 08:43 PM
I am amazed at the number of members there are in the yahoo groups that relate panties, crossdressing, etc. Now why would there be all that interest? :)

I also think that a lot of "men's" underwear have shifted toward more feminine designs rather than boxers and briefs. Is that because a lot of men want something more feminine without being too obvious about it? They may not be lace, but they certainly aren't boxers!

Patti

charlie
12-11-2007, 08:51 PM
50% seems way high. That should mean that we would get far less trouble from society then we now do. Aslo, lace looks great and feminine, but definately not for the male parts. To much tends to stick through!

Jilmac
12-11-2007, 10:57 PM
lacy panties have cotton drab boxers and briefs beat by 1000 miles

Niya W
12-11-2007, 11:02 PM
I wonder how many people are wearing panties in DC

daviolin
12-11-2007, 11:16 PM
Pantyhose yes, but if I wear garter stockings. I like the freedom of bear under my dress:heehee:Daviolin

Shadeauxmarie
12-12-2007, 08:16 AM
I have never had a problem with a man while crossdressed. Only 2 have seen me.

The only problems were when WOMEN caught me. One while dressed, one just the evidence.

Could the male acceptance be related to similar experiences?

MarciManseau
12-12-2007, 08:38 AM
I'm convinced -- if they say it in such a well respected and scholarly film as Mannequin, then it must be true. :straightface:

That is hillarious :) Thanks for a good morning laugh, Sharon. :D

Hugs, Marci:hugs: