PDA

View Full Version : Finally came out

takoyaki
04-10-2005, 10:08 PM
I FINALLY came out to my old man today. It was... a bit tense. It happened while we were out at some diner or someplace. Anyways, knowing that he wouldn't want to make a big scene in a public place, I finally did it. *phew!*
I put my hand on his shoulder (he was sitting next to me) and said:
Me: Pops, I have something to tell ya.
Pops: What?
Me: ... Pops... Im a crossdresser.
Pops:...
Me:...
Pops: No you're not.
Me: Yes I am.
Pops: No you're not.
Me: Yes I am.
(This went on for a while)

(then...)
Pops: .... You know Im against that.
Me: I know.
Pops: ....
Me: So... not going to say anything else?
Pops: ...

So that was basically it. Then my sister came out and said she was prejudice. -_-; To a point of course. And my pops (since he is too a bit) said he agreed with her. I kicked her for saying it (and since I didn't like hearing it ^^;) outloud (very loudly too), and my old man told me that she has her own opinion like I have mine and she was free to speak her mind. I asked him if he was fine w/ the whole CD thing, and he said something along the lines of not being OK with it but not being able to do anything about it. Then he took the liberty to tell me one of his experiences of having a run-in with a CD MTF and how he freaked when the person started to hit on him.

Anyways, that's what happened. Just glad it's over though!! Now, i'll have to wait a bit more before telling my mum. She's more likely to blow her top than my pops.

PixieTits
04-10-2005, 10:22 PM
Eeep.

Congratulations on doing it, though! You must have balls of steel, if I may say so.

It sucks that your sister wasn't on your side, though. I doubt my own sis would be okay with it, but she'd stick by me no matter what.
But major major claps, snaps, and so forth. Way to go!

Abraxas
04-10-2005, 11:38 PM
That's cool :)

It's an Izzard moment! Sort of... He told his dad he was a transvestite whilst they were out eating fish n' chips in Croiden...
His dad just said "that's ok" and wrote him a long letter saying he wasn't "best pleased" but he'd love him no matter what :)

Your dad will learn to deal with it though. Parents almost always come around.

Good luck with telling your mom!

Kudos!

Damyin_Ryon
04-11-2005, 03:05 PM
I just want to say congratulations... I don't know what it feels like to "come out" but I'm sure it's pretty hard... my family always knew... I refused to wear "girl" clothes since I was about 5, and I also insisted that my hair be cut short at about the same age.

obsessedwithpantyhose
04-11-2005, 03:29 PM
my mom cought me in my sisters pantyhose and freaked out, dad didnt say anything nor did sis, some of the problems with telling anyone ur a cd is the small minds think ALL cds r gay so they go off the deep end when they find out.

takoyaki
04-13-2005, 12:27 AM
Thanks everyone. *sniffle* I enjoy the comments. Reminds of story reviews.
Anyways, I have more!!! This time about me mum. Now THIS went badly, even if I haven't come out directly and completely.

Lately, my mum's been PMSing or something because she's been very irratable about my dress lately. (Even before I told my pops. I don't think he told her though.)

Well, I had just bought a $3.00 black shirt at walmart. Plain, black, nothing special about it. And decided that I wanted to show me mum. She flipped. Said I should have gotten another size up since that one looked almost like a man's muscle shirt with sleeves. (I didn't know how big or small it was going to be since it came in a package I couldn't open.)

Anyways, since then, she's been complaining like no other. And on several occassions, she's yelled at me for wearing stuff like that, saying "You're not a man so stop wearing that!" which I would retort with "What are you talking about? Of course Im a guy." which she would proceed to slap my leg, arm, or attempt to get my cheek, which I would dodge with a slight step to the side and arms up to deflect the blow.

The other day, while she was doing this I had told her that "I'm a guy" which earned me another slap on the leg before she decided that she was going to mock and laught at me about not being guy since I had boobs. Well, I just gave one of my lopsided grins and extended my index finger and ran it down the side of one of my breast while making the sound of a buzz saw. She gave a horrified look and began to threaten me about ever having breast surgery. (which I'll have done anyways -_-; )

And just this morning she took the liberty to yell at me for dressing like a "goth" (which I didn't even think about, since I normally wore the outfit at least once a month). She was yelling at me about the red tie and gaudy bracelets I sometimes wore. Then it was about the eyeliner, etc.

Least to say, just with this level of boldness, Im afraid of what coming out directly could turn out to be. I told her if she kicked me out, I'd just go over to Gin's house or my lesbian cousin's apartment. She just leered at me. :p

I thought she'd take it more easily since she's allowed me to get away with the men's pants. But it's not likely this time. I'll make sure im several miles away before informing her over the phone though. -_-; Too afraid to face her wrath. :D

xsideburnsx
04-13-2005, 01:16 AM
Damn kid! Haha I use to do outrageous things like that with my folks. My father still tends to remind me "So Jacob, I hear you ran out of pads?" to which I laugh and say..."I sure did. Would you like to buy me some pampers or pay for the hysterectomy?" and he proceeds to remind me "Hard being a woman isn't it?" To which I always say "I wouldn't know...:: pretends to itch the bulge in my pants :: I'm way too studly to be a woman."

I'm seriously proud you got the balls to come out to your dad and sister even if they aren't thrilled about it. As for your mom, she'll learn to love you regardless. If she can't get over it, atleast you are doing it for you. Good job.

:cool:

Gabriel
04-13-2005, 04:23 AM
Good job! :cool:

To look on the bright side, it toughens you up. But yeah, phone is good. :D

takoyaki
04-14-2005, 01:11 AM
Lol. yeah. It does toughen one up. ^^;
I told my mum that the day she'll accept me is the day I move out, which is probably right on the mark. She'll fight me till the bitter end if I live in the same place with her. ><
But, can't help it. She's just looking out for my "Best interest" even though they're very far from my actual interests. :p
She ticks me off, but I can never find it in my heart to hate her for any of it... kinda weird if I think about it.

Susan Smith
04-29-2005, 03:32 AM
Ujean is right - parents have a lot of stuff invested in kids. I guess it's particularly hard when a gg wants to be a guy - they were looking forward to grandkids, for example, and now they think it won't happen. It's almost like grieving. And, like grieving, the passing of time helps even if the pain never fully goes away. Give your parents time - they love you, they'll come to accept what you want to be. You had lots of time to get used to who you are - they need some understanding from you while they get used to the 'you' you just revealed to them.