PDA

View Full Version : Modeling

AmyCarter
12-10-2007, 09:38 PM
I have an audition finally lined up for friday and I'm asking all my friends for any last minute tips and pointers they can come up with. Can you girls think of any? Probably so far my hairstylist has been the biggest help as he used to do amazing drag shows. But frankly I don't know any other local models to help out. Excitement in chapel hill :)

UASIANGAL
12-10-2007, 10:24 PM
Hi Amy,
I actually do have experience in front and behind the scenes of modeling but I'm not sure what you are auditioning for. Typical audition would involve bringing your portfolio if it is for a photoshoot or commercial which you may need to do a test on video. Prepare a self introduction speech. Runway modeling requires you to walk the walk. If you have an agent, they should tell you what you need to bring. Clients don't require you to be made up with heavy make-up as they want to see your face and what THEY can do with you. Your portfolio will show what looks you can pull off. Without knowing what you are auditioning for, I would say look the part of whatever you are going for. Basically, it is professionalism, be early, not late, polite, smile, small talk so they have something to remember you by, if it is for runway, bring heels and runway models are tall so show your legs. Dress so they can see your body shape. If it is for an acting job, that's a different ball game. I hope some of these broad spectrum of advice can help. If it is not too late, tell us more. Otherwise, do tell us how it went!

Good luck, Ciao!
Uasia

AmyCarter
12-12-2007, 03:37 PM
Thank you for the tips Uasia.
I've been running around like crazy yesterday and today. But it was all productive and came into work only 3 and a half hours late.
I now actually have a portfolio, and I'll try uploading one of the pictures here. If that goes alright I'll then upload my favorite shot of the morning, albeit maybe not that great for a portfolio....
Been drinking lots of water, working on my speeches and hopefully can get plenty of sleep tonight.

Well I can't get the file size down small enough yet, give me a day or two to get back on my powerbook....

AmyCarter
12-13-2007, 02:53 PM
http://meetme.hotornot.com/r/?emid=O8EZHQE