PDA

View Full Version : Is there a medical reason for crossdressing and being fem?

Satin_Lover_13
12-11-2007, 04:25 AM
I was wondering if there is any relationship between a boys testicles not dropping into place "Like mine" and I had to have two operations many years later and being more Fem and enjoying the softer things in life?

Thanks,
Silky

Lisa Golightly
12-11-2007, 04:35 AM
Unknown... but I can tell you that on hormones they shrivel and vanish... at least mine have.

Nicki B
12-11-2007, 05:45 AM
If you're saying did all the rest of us have that - well, I for one didn't, so it's not a reason for me..

I think causes like this are too simplistic - whether you develop as male or female (or in between) is determined very early in the development of the embryo - and hormone levels can vary throughout your growth?

waspookie6
12-11-2007, 05:55 AM
Hormones play a huge part in development during the younger stages of life as well. Of course we know now how many XY chromosomes are handed out en uterus but that can be altered in puberty as the simple milk with hormones have shown on young girls.

In your case there could have been a lack of testosterone and progesterone in a critical development stage leaving your brain to develop in a more feminine pattern. Scans show the marked difference in FTM changes when more testosterone is introduced and estrogen & progestin suppressors are taken at the same time.

This is not to say it is a result of anything you do or feel now as I'm not a doctor - if you can find a center that will do a PET scan to see how your brain formed due to hormones you did or did not have at such a young age will give you a pretty concrete result.

jackieo
12-11-2007, 08:45 AM
Me personally I have what they call the XXYY or Klinefelters syndrome and my mom did nothing to correct the high estergen levels in my body so I have a lot of female trates but the vary small equipment of a boy if you blink you would miss it!!! lol.To make a long story short I been dressing as long as I can remember and my mom Just tried to keep me happy child as long as she could in till the school started to get involved so she just made me tone it down when I when to school I don't know if the XXYY is the reason I dress or just me! But with all this estergen I would bet it has some thing to do with it.
My family doctor has been trying to get me to start taking testosterone to help correct the in balance but I don't think anything is wrong with everything the way it is.
Is been like this for 40 years why change it now?
love Jackie:be:

EDNA
12-11-2007, 09:32 AM
Mine were small and they were removed. At the age of Eighteen. Never been unhappy. About not having them.

MJ
12-11-2007, 10:07 AM
[QUOTE=Lisa Golightly;1116783]Unknown... but I can tell you that on hormones they shrivel and vanish... at least mine have.

Lisa is so right and shrinkage all around .. but i have no regrets ..
dealing with trans issues in general , it's genetic we are born with this

sissystephanie
12-11-2007, 11:10 AM
As I have said before on other threads, I dress purely for pleasure. My male parts are rather small, but were sufficient to father two wonderful children.

I just like the feel, fit, and look of female clothing. Have done so for over 60 years, and probably will stop only when the lid is closed on me!:heehee: I don't believe there is any medical reason for my crossdressing, just my own desires!!:happy:

Sissy/Stephanie

Like to be a Girl on the outside, but always a man underneath!

jaina
12-11-2007, 11:57 AM
I was wondering if there is any relationship between a boys testicles not dropping into place "Like mine" and I had to have two operations many years later and being more Fem and enjoying the softer things in life?

Thanks,
Silky

That exact condition isn't the reason, although that condition has caused erroneous gender assignment at birth. Most do show signs well before puberty. I've never worked with anyone that was a real case of late in life onset. In every case of late life onset there was always some activity very early in life that was suppressed. If there is a medical reason, it is pre birth. Social conditions don't really apply, its most likely biological but not chromosomal.

Mitch23
12-11-2007, 12:41 PM
saw an article in the guardian the other day when a baby was born and they couldnt tell till they did tests whether it was a boy or a girl. abnormal doses of hormones in the womb had caused a girl with a penis like appendage. I think that many of may have been subjected to abnormal levels of oestrogen as a foetus and this may partly explain who and what we are

mitch

Lucy Bright
12-11-2007, 01:50 PM
I haven't done in-depth comparisons, but I think my appendages are within the normal range. It doesn't seem to have much to do with my gender identity or my CDing - but that's just me.

Kisses,

Lucy

loki_uk
12-11-2007, 02:13 PM
I got hit by a cricket ball in my testicles, one is still inside my body the other never developed properly

It didn't stop me fathering children but I have wondered whether it did effect me...I have ended up with womens hips lol

It certainly didnt cause my crossdressing though, that started in first school, but it may have acentuated things

charllote34
12-11-2007, 02:19 PM
[QUOTE=loki_uk;1117136]I got hit by a cricket ball in my testicles, one is still inside my body the other never developed properly

Thats making my eyes water !! I have so much testerone its untrue i have /had a hairy body and can see where your coming from .

Mitch23
12-11-2007, 02:44 PM
had a near miss with a hockey ball when i was at school ..

mitch

Alex!
12-11-2007, 03:33 PM
No problems on my end regarding the boys. In fact, getting them to cooperate so Andrea can enjoy some girl time is always a fascinating exercise in undignified behavior.

Having said that, testosterone is produced by, among other places , the testicles. So it is reasonable to assume that a reduction in testosterone will allow the effects of estrogen (which all 'normal' males have) reveal themselves more dramatically. I have heard that even a slight reduction in testosterone reduces a man's tendency to fly of the handle and permit management of flashes of anger. I am intrigued by this, but am terrified of waking up one morning with boobs.

Still, a doctor will know more about this by far. I've only dressed like one.

Ruth
12-11-2007, 03:50 PM
It's natural to make the connection between abnormal physical development and unusual behaviour, but on the other hand there are many lifelong CDers like myself who had totally normal male genital development.
I wish my 'bits' were a little more discreet sometimes - however, I'm not willing to use hormones because I do have a part-time life as a man...

SherriePall
12-11-2007, 03:54 PM
I have been afraid to ask this very question for the time I have been on the forum. During my draft physical, I was found to have an Undescended Testicle. I thought it would keep me out of the draft (it didn't -- Semper Fi) and it didn't prevent me from performing my husbandly duties (four children).
Whatever, I have always loved femme things.

SiobhanW
12-11-2007, 03:55 PM
I got hit by a cricket ball in my testicles

I have testicles like cricket balls - same size, weight, and colour. Plus they're full to bursting with manly fluids. So, in short, no.

Kate Simmons
12-11-2007, 03:59 PM
No medical reason for me Hon. Just plain, down to Earth, honest to goodness personal choice.:happy:

Slip Affinity
12-11-2007, 04:36 PM
I was "normal" so I can't blame my love of cd'ing on anything other than I :<3: it. It makes me feel comfortable and relaxed. And yes, it is also a turn on for me.

Julie York
12-11-2007, 05:53 PM
Full tackle in working order as prescribed.

So it's not that then.

:tongueout

MarinaTwelve200
12-11-2007, 05:54 PM
I have testicles like cricket balls - same size, weight, and colour. Plus they're full to bursting with manly fluids. So, in short, no.

Are Cricket balls as large as Grasshopper balls? Indeed, do bugs have balls at all? :D I wouldnt know, I'm not an entymologist:devil:

Satin_Lover_13
12-12-2007, 03:04 AM
Well I was just wondering. My parts work even though they are tiny parts. I know I am drwan to soft clothing because it holds me like a woman.

Raquel June
12-12-2007, 04:05 AM
Speaking of cricket balls, what about the number of UK girls around here? Is it something in the water? Maybe some correlation where countries with a queen have more queens?

Anyway, I've got plenty testosterone! But then, I don't necessarily want to be a girl. I remember that before puberty I always prayed to be turned into a girl, though... odd...

carolinewalker_2000
12-12-2007, 04:26 AM
[QUOTE=racquel937;1117930].......what about the number of UK girls around here? Is it something in the water? Maybe some correlation where countries with a queen have more queens?QUOTE]

If living in a country with a Queen as Head of State is responsible for all us UK girls being as we are; what does that mean for our US cousins; George Bush in a dress?!!!!!

lisa_e_love
12-12-2007, 04:31 AM
The second George Bush wore a dress he'd lose his evangelical Christian support. But then, he doesn't have much support left anyway...:tongueout He might as well, now!

Carla Mel
12-12-2007, 04:45 AM
I'm pretty sure that "non-descending" testicle does not causes crossdressing:
- I know people with this "inconvenience" at young age, non-crossdressing
- and know zillions of crossdressers not having experienced this "inconvenience" and crossdressing.
In fact it is quite the oposite:
Crossdressing causes a tendency of having the testicles going upo to their initial position. For more details see "tucking".
Kises
Carla

Nicki B
12-12-2007, 05:02 AM
saw an article in the guardian the other day when a baby was born and they couldnt tell till they did tests whether it was a boy or a girl. abnormal doses of hormones in the womb had caused a girl with a penis like appendage. I think that many of may have been subjected to abnormal levels of oestrogen as a foetus and this may partly explain who and what we are

mitch

That's called being Intersex (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intersexuality)?

Link to ISNA (http://www.isna.org/).

Denielleinheels
12-12-2007, 08:44 AM
I have an extra "X" in my make up. For me I don't know what it is like to have a "normal" make make up. However, I am happy.

SiobhanW
12-12-2007, 08:54 AM
Speaking of cricket balls, what about the number of UK girls around here? Is it something in the water? Maybe some correlation where countries with a queen have more queens?

From a "crossdressing as an escape from having to be macho" standpoint, I think we have more really hard men in the UK, hence more crossdressers. Otherwise, we are predisposed to finding it somewhat acceptable, at least in an entertainment context, going all the way back to the days of music hall. For my generation, I don't think you can mention crossdressing without girls like Danny LaRue coming up in the conversation.