PDA

View Full Version : your voice

teresa5820
12-11-2007, 09:32 PM
Can you really develop a female voice?

Dita_B
12-11-2007, 10:35 PM
You can do it too...

Just click on the link and than play the voice samples, and you'll hear it for yourself..

:love:Dita.

http://www.genderlife.com/shop/transsexual-voice-feminization-video/ts-voice.htm (http://www.genderlife.com/shop/transsexual-voice-feminization-video/ts-voice.htm)

There is also a Yahoo group from which you can become a member and you can participate in free female voice training sessions over the Internet every 2 weeks... Here is the link; (you must have a Yahoo ID to sign in)

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/voicets/

Jilmac
12-11-2007, 10:41 PM
i guess it takes quite a bit of training and self control but from what i understand, it can be done. i think it would be pretty difficult for me at this point to try to go from baritone to alto, so i'll just be content with the voice i have. Jill

teresa5820
12-11-2007, 11:52 PM
Thanks Dita B, It's Teresa and I wont to know if you can go to male from female when you wont to at any time with your voice.

Bethany_Anne_Fae
12-12-2007, 02:22 AM
For me... it wasnt hard to do. It took me about 3 weeks before I found my femme voice that didnt sound falsetto.
Practicing is the key though.

*hugs*

Zara

Marvina Martian
12-12-2007, 02:56 AM
Wow Dita,
You seem to have all the good answers! Keep the info coming, I'm eating it up!:D

Carla Mel
12-12-2007, 04:56 AM
In my opinion, more important than the feminine voice or the feminine outfit is the atitude. As soon as you behave with the "glamour" of a woman, and speak with the "tone" of a woman you are feminine regardless the voice or outfit. The oposite is also true feminine voice and femine outfit and features don't help you if you have a masculine atitude.
Kises
Carla

Angela Burke
12-12-2007, 05:26 AM
In my experience no. I have a very pronouced Scottish rasp which no vocal training could ever make sound remotely feminine.
Earlier this year I particpated in a training video (in drab) being made by a friend as part of her college course. Part of took the form of a discussion. When she played me the edited version I honestly thought there was something wrong with the sound equipment. I hadn't heard my recorded voice for years and I know my voice is deep but you could have stripped paint with it. Don't get me wrong, coming from a guy it's fine but from a woman it would definitely raise a few eyebrows. So my solution is when I'm dressed and not around friends or family is to "Shadappa ma face!"

Pamela Julie
12-12-2007, 07:49 PM
Yes! It takes a tremendous amount of practice and coaching by an experienced speech therapist. A quicker and usually acceptable alternative solution is to learn feminine speech patterns and mannerisms, speak softly with confidence in yourself, and you can pass, even with a deep voice. Some gg's have very deep voices and people just think "she sure has a deep voice" not "that must be a man". Nobody out there is looking for crossdressers except other crossdressers, and we will keep your secret.

Sarah Doepner
12-17-2007, 12:07 AM
You may not be able to develop a totally feminine voice, but you may be able to make enough change in your voice that it works. It's not just pitch, there are women with very deep voices, but they use a different part of the voice box to talk. Women also use different vocabulary and inflection. Follow the various directions you find in this thread and in other places on the web and keep practicing. I didn't practice for several months and my wife informed me the other day I was sounding like a man again. Back to work I guess.

Carly D.
12-17-2007, 01:14 PM
I think so.. developing a fem voice can happen with practice.. think of it like singing, I think.. to develop a fem voice that way, I think, and practice pretty much the same as walking in heels, for some walking in heels came easy(like me).. however I might have messed around with a fem-like voice, I never was serious about it...