PDA

View Full Version : Ultra femme -- Is this a less common style?

Laurie
12-12-2007, 01:56 AM
Does anyone know why some of us CDers enjoy looking realistic, i.e. dressed appropriately to pass, while others (like myself) enjoy dressing in ultra-femme, frilly, lacy things that GGs don't usually wear? For example, I like to put on layers and layers of slips, and petticoats -- but no GGs actually dress like this. I am not sure why, but I like feeling all dolled up.

Dita_B
12-12-2007, 02:13 AM
I for one, can totally relate to your fetish for petticoats. I have probably about 10 of them, but most of them I can't wear out in public, they are just too wild. I have 2 of them that are toned down a bit and I can get away with wearing them under a wide skirt even when I go out to the Mall. I just can't help myself, but I find the skirt fuller and more sexy with a petticoat under it. And than I didn't even mention the looks I get on the escalator or when my skirt blows up a bit... It is always good for a honk on a horn on the crosswalk or a whistle at a construction site...

But than I don't dress to blend in, I dress to stand out and I don't mind the extra attention... actually I enjoy being an eye catcher...So you and I are probably not that far apart in tastes of dressing...

:love:Dita.

Laurie
12-12-2007, 02:25 AM
Dita, glad I am not alone. :) It's not just the look, but I also love the feel of fullness of petticoats tickling my thighs when I walk.

carolinewalker_2000
12-12-2007, 03:11 AM
The lovely thing about dressing is that we all have to opportunity to try out whatever clothes we like. Some of us seem to favour the same look all the time - be that "everyday" or "ultra-feminine". Me; I like to go with what I fancy on the day. So sometimes I opt for "elegant sophistication, on other occasions it might be "girl at work", "tarty", or a "fantasy role" - the variety is half the fun.

However, like you I do have a secret fondness for frilly petticoats - see my thread on the Picture Gallery - the sensation of wearing them under a pretty skirt is wonderful.

So lets see more pictures of you in all your frillies!

Carla Mel
12-12-2007, 05:06 AM
I think it is a question or "reference": what is your mirror?
If your mirror is other people eyes, if you love going shopping to the mall en femme, and are realized by passing, naturaly you develop a tendency to "apropiate" clothing. Appropiate in terms of social function.
If your mirror is A mirror, or the eyes of a lover who is by definition subjective, you have no reference, beside your imagination. You can then little by little imagine whatever you feel, and find it convenient. The only problem is if you go out, and are suddenly confronted to the other people mirror, you could be schoked by what you will see in thier eyes.
Kisses
Carla

erickka
12-12-2007, 08:00 AM
I too like some of the wilder stuff, but save it for home. I present the conservative middle aged professional women when I am in public. Nice skirt suits, reasonable heels etc. It actually feels really nice.

MarciManseau
12-12-2007, 08:55 AM
I for one, can totally relate to your fetish for petticoats. I have probably about 10 of them, but most of them I can't wear out in public, they are just too wild. I have 2 of them that are toned down a bit and I can get away with wearing them under a wide skirt even when I go out to the Mall. I just can't help myself, but I find the skirt fuller and more sexy with a petticoat under it. And than I didn't even mention the looks I get on the escalator or when my skirt blows up a bit... It is always good for a honk on a horn on the crosswalk or a whistle at a construction site...

But than I don't dress to blend in, I dress to stand out and I don't mind the extra attention... actually I enjoy being an eye catcher...So you and I are probably not that far apart in tastes of dressing...

:love:Dita.

To me, part of the joy of being a girl is being appreciated by men. I love when a man holds a door for me, and I always reward him with a warm smile and a thank you. If my skirt blows up a lil and a man finds that sexy, then I've made his day better and mine too :D Why bother going to the trouble of shaving or waxing your legs and wearing a short skirt and sheer, silky stockings if you don't want your legs to be admired?

I sooooooooooooooo love being a girl! :happy:

Hugs, Marci :hugs:

lynnrichards
12-12-2007, 10:56 AM
I too love the ultra-feminine look. Women of the 50s and 60s used to dress in skirts, dresses, stockings, slips and heels. Very few women dress that way anymore. But when I go out, I always wear a dress or skirt with hose and heels. And always a slip.

Tell me, Laurie, do you go out? If so, how do you usually dress?

Lynn

MsJanessa
12-12-2007, 11:58 AM
ditto to everything said above---love the ultraglam, ultrafemme look in leather, satin, silk, taffeta etc--if it is more difficult to wear, more restictive more femme than I prefer it. Would love to have been a wealthy victorian Lady with tons of satin/leather outfits with two maids to help Me dress(and serve Me in other ways)

Angie G
12-12-2007, 12:15 PM
I thinking your a old fashion girl hun :hugs:
Angie

jennifer41356
12-12-2007, 12:29 PM
I bought a cosplay outfit with a hoop petticoat off ebay and I wear it on Halloween, if I ever get back to japan maybe I will wear it on Sundays at Shibuya in Tokyo..lots of cospay outfits and girls and tgirls in petticoats:love:

Vieja
12-12-2007, 12:40 PM
Sadly I am too old for frilly or mini skirts and such. I envy those who can but am happy with how I am able to present myself. So far only to the mirror.

Vieja

docrobbysherry
12-12-2007, 01:00 PM
I just did some dressing before Halloween that included some ball gowns and petticoats, for the first time. ( I'll show u one on my avitar for this post). I am constantly trying new looks and combinations. The more feminine and complicated the outfit, the more anxious I am to see how it looks on me! Since I don't go out dressed, there appears to be no limit, except my imagination, on looks I can try. Why others don't do this, too? Well, I live alone and have been collecting these unusual outfits and costumes for many years. They can be expensive and take up lots of storage space. Otherwise, I can't imagine CDing without the thrill of untrafem looks on Sherry!
RS

Michelia
12-12-2007, 01:52 PM
But that does not mean I never will. Let's just say I still am a budding crossdresser. I am sure that step when I experiment with petticoats etc. will come. Why not? They are so beautiful.

Michelia

Laurie
12-12-2007, 10:34 PM
I too love the ultra-feminine look. Women of the 50s and 60s used to dress in skirts, dresses, stockings, slips and heels. Very few women dress that way anymore. But when I go out, I always wear a dress or skirt with hose and heels. And always a slip.

Tell me, Laurie, do you go out? If so, how do you usually dress?

Lynn

I have never gone out -- maybe that explains why I put on more and more frilly things, since I never had to pass in public. I don't think I would ever have the guts to go out.

There is something about all the frilly lacy things and the feel of slips and petticoats swishing around your thighs that is incredible to me.

Laurie
12-13-2007, 02:22 AM
As you'll learn it's a lot of work on a day to day basis. Most GGs just don't care to waste the time every day to look overdone. They've learned the tricks to get a simple thing going and be themselves. And they do it well.

Sometimes less is more. We tend to do more as we don't do it as often and have less of a concept of time versus outcome. We take more time and perhaps over do the outcome, thus we don't blend in very well.

Did anyone understand that cuz my head hurts:p

That's a good insight... I understand what you are saying -- it makes sense. Dressing for me makes me escape into a fantasy world and escape reality -- my goal is not to go out and pass. For me, there is also a fetish element I think.

vivianann
12-13-2007, 02:29 AM
Laurie I know how you feel, I love the ultra feminine look also, I do wear some ultra femme dresses or blouses, but I dont wear petticoats in public because I dont want to stand out more than I do now. I love the dresses that have layers in the dainty fabrics, to me that is the ultimate in femininity.
I wear those dresses when I go out in public most of the time, the other times I dress to blend in.