PDA

View Full Version : car trouble

jennyde
12-12-2007, 09:46 AM
Has anyone ever had something like this happen to them? This is what happened to me. I went out last month dressed up, It was cold i was wearing a leather skirt, jacket, boots and gloves. I was driving my wifes car new dodge charger. I pulled into a mall lot got out to stretch and walk around a little. got back into the car and it wouldn't start. the engine cranked but wouldn't catch. i was far enough away from other cars so noone would have to walk by me but close enough so they could hear and see what was going on. at first I watched to be sure noone was around before trying to start it. but after about ten minutes i was kinda starting to panic. I pass at a distance but not at two feet away. It was getting late I called roadside assistance who told me the security key was probably malfunctioning. I asked what i could do they said it had to be reprogrammed. By a Dealership. UHOH! by now i noticed a woman who worked in Macys was watching me from her car. she was sitting in the car with her door open I honestly think she was waiting to see if i needed help. fortunately I took the spare key with me (always do) stuck it in the ignition and after a few seconds the car started. I looked over the woman closed her door and drove away. so did I. That was the closest I ever came to getting caught. If security showed up i would have been busted

Alex!
12-12-2007, 09:49 AM
Oy. That's one of my greatest fears, I can tell you!

RobertaFermina
12-12-2007, 09:55 AM
Be Prepared! ....and you were, Whew!

Would "busted" mean you'd have to endure the unpredictable attitudes of the Security or other persons ?.....or that your wife doesn't know you dress, and it might get back to her? or something else ?

:rose: Curious :rose:

TerriM
12-12-2007, 10:06 AM
Something similar happened to me years ago. I was fully dressed enfemme and went a large mall a few towns away from me. I was dressed to blend in, conservative look, makeup toned down. As I was entering the parking lot my car died. I mean dead, turned the key, nothing. Hear I am in the roadway of the lot stuck. My car was a honda civic at the time, so I started to push it into a empty spot. As I was doing this a security guard came over and helped me push the car into a spot. He was very helpful and told me that I couldnt leave the car overnight, this was about a year after 9/11 and everyone was security conscious. He gave me the phone number of a tow service.
I then called a cd friend of mine and she came and tried to start me with a jump. No good. So I called the tow service and had my car towed to my mechanic. I gave him a tip and he was happy. My friend and I went to a party that night and I got my male clothes out of my trunk. I picked up my car the next day, it was the ignition coil.
My advice to anyone who is going out dressed is have some things with you.
1. a cell phone
2. Cash
3. A change of clothes (male)
4. credit card
5. jumper cables

In other words have a plan in case of the unexpected.

Also dont be afraid to ask someone for help. Most people will help or tell you where to go for it.
Yours Terri

Kathy Renee
12-12-2007, 10:19 AM
I agree totally with TerriM. I was shopping enfemme at a specialty plus size dress shop in a strip mall. This was a store that I had shopped in several times and the SAs were always helpful (now cloesed I am sad to say). I had parked in front of the shop and could not get my car started (ignition was stuck and would not turn) after shopping. One of the SAs' husband was a mechanic. She called her husband to get some advice and to tell him to be prepared to come to the shop to help. His advice worked. I always have a change of clothes, money, cell phone, etc. with me.

MarciManseau
12-12-2007, 10:20 AM
I talked to a t-girl at a club one night and she told me a story about having an accident with her pickup truck when she was out dressed during the day. She was in a ditch by the side of the road when a police car stopped to help her. Not wanting the cop to get mad at her for dressing up as a woman, she thought it was best if she took off her wig and stood there in a skirt, top and heels all made up. As she's bald as a guy, this would have been the last thing I would have done in her place, especially with lots of cars driving by.

The cop, after getting all her info, was nice enough to drive her home, which wasn't even in his district, and she said he was very polite to her.

I guess the moral of this is that it's not always a calamity if you're caught. Not everyone in the world is mean or small minded.

Hugs, Marci :hugs:

Stephenie S
12-12-2007, 10:46 AM
Cops don't care. They have seen it all.

Tow truck drivers don't care, they just want your money.

If you don't want ANY one to find out, stay at home.

If you do drive, it certainly sounds like it might be a good idea to be prepared with a change of clothes (good idea any way, how about just a jumpsuit, like coveralls? They make paper disposable ones), jumper cables, a blanket, cash (some tow drivers don't take checks), some makeup removal wipes, rubber gloves, and a cell phone.

Many of these things would be good to carry in your car anyway.

Lovies,
Stephenie

I just got caught at work without jumper cables and had to call my sweetie to come get me and bring her cables with her.

Not really embarrassing, but a real PITA.

Nicolette01
12-12-2007, 11:37 AM
Jenny-
I am new here and enjoy driving in heels and hose from time to time-I always have to be careful about not getting caught, but since I do not fully cross dress, if I did run into a problem, I could change out pretty quickly.

Angie G
12-12-2007, 11:57 AM
Not yet hun :hugs:
Angie

kassandra richard
12-12-2007, 12:15 PM
Oy and how! I've related it already a month ago, but here's the story anyway.

I was in Austin for a course and was out shopping in drag the Sunday before. Came out of Kohl's to find the rear passenger tire on my rental was flat. Since I was surrounded and couldn't easily get to the tire, I slowly backed out of the spot and slowly drove to another location to get some more elbow room -- close to a restaurant being renovated with a sizeable crew of guys. So there I am in 3" wedgies and a denim skirt. And I proceed to change the tire :) The guys from the crew called over ask if I was having trouble -- which I wasn't, except for the wig getting in my eyes -- and another guy from elsewhere in the parking lot came over to ask if I needed help. I replied that I was okay, and he left. Probably the husky voice scared him off ;) Fortunately I had not gone with the upgrade to an SUV because the 17" wheels on my G6 were big enough to wrangle in the trunk. But I got the car fixed, and drove past the reno crew just to give them a closer look. Fairly sure that they thought it was weird to see a girl hustling a wheel like that around :D

And for my troubles, Enterprise upgraded me to a G6 GTP! Love that car. I'm also glad that I wasn't in my white jeans at the time. I would have been filthy beyond the wreckage to my hands.

Kassandra

Denielleinheels
12-12-2007, 12:27 PM
Always expect the unexpected...then plan for it. It can be scarey if you aren't comfortable with the whole thing. My wish for everyone in the new year is peace with who they are and a wish for society to have a clue.

Tammygirl
12-12-2007, 01:30 PM
Ladies,
I've been there! Stop by the police, broke down, had an accident, DRESSED!:eek:
Getting stopped by the police is nothing! Like one lady said, They seen it all! They where very polite and professional! Sometimes, even though they knew I was a male they call me mam! When I've broken down or had a flat tire I've call AAA and the nice man fixed it or towed me to a gas station to get it fixed! He had no idea I wasn't a woman. The dispatch did tell him my name!
I've always belived that you act the way your dressed! And be who you are. No worries!

Lave Tammy:D

jennyde
12-12-2007, 03:27 PM
No my wife knows, she would be really p.o.ed if it happened. my biggest fear is that someone who knows me would find out. its a sort of rural area and everyone seems to find out each others dirt sooner or later. I got stopped once by the police also. they were very professional. I had stopped on the side of the road for something and they drove up. I almost got away with it, until I rolled down the window and he asked if something was wrong. my voice doesn't cut it. I wasn't doing anything wrong so he advised me to get home safely and I went on my way. this was Many years ago. Same year I was out at a self serve gas station in my girlfriends (she also knew) car junky old chevy nova and it wouldn't start for like ten minutes. totally flooded. when I was really young I easily passed so it wasn't a huge problem.

jennyde
12-12-2007, 03:29 PM
PS I always keep a change of clothes and lots of soap and water with me when i go out just in case!

Wrenchette
12-12-2007, 04:23 PM
Been there, done that...

My car's temp gauge started going over towards the red one night while fully dressed and I had to pull over and add some coolant. Fortunately, no one really noticed and I got done without so much as getting a smudge on my hands. :D

Great advice from all, keep everything you would normally need and a change of clothes just in case.

Littlej10
12-12-2007, 04:50 PM
No engine failure I am very happy to say but I have had a slow puncture while driving our motor caravan. The spare wheel is fixed very awkwardly under the rear of the vehicle. To get it out requires you to lie on your back under the tail and undo a bolt and loosen a retaining bolt then lift the wheel out, very awkward. The weather was not good and there was no way I was going to ruin a perfectly good skirt and blouse so I pulled into a garage and used the air pump to reinflate the tyre, parking so that the van was between me and the garage. As I was doing this a lorry driver came over and asked if I needed help, so much for camoflage. He was quite sweet but having finished I made haste out of there.

Nicole Erin
12-12-2007, 05:19 PM
If I am out and dressed, I don't worry a lot about being seen as that is why I would be out. My biggest worry is if I was out and something happened while in my wife's car, cause she too has a dodge :heehee:

Car breakdowns are never convenient no matter what you are wearing.

OH and keep in mind that if you are en femme and trying to work on your car, be it an engine rebuild or a simple tire inflation, guys will be trying to help you MEn and their testosterone. Women will be concerned for the safety of what they see as another woman.
Just don't do like Krichard did and scare them off. Can you imagine that?

Male passer - [Ahh this lady needs help, what is a guy to do?] "Is everything OK madam?"
Krichard in deep voice - Ahh yeah bro, it's cool, darned flat tire, you know how that sh*t goes, but hey man, thanks!

Krichard, something about your pretty face just does not say "husky voice"
:heehee:

NovaScotia
12-12-2007, 06:03 PM
My sister has had the same experience, and advised me to never go out without an emergency "boy" outfit. She is far more open than I, so if I do ever get to go out like you did, I would come prepared. I envy the ladies in this forum that can go out at will and not be concerned with exposure.

MarciManseau
12-13-2007, 12:26 AM
PS I always keep a change of clothes and lots of soap and water with me when i go out just in case!

Me too, and my vibe :D

Hugs, Marci :hugs:

sybercom11
12-13-2007, 12:27 PM
i don't go driving around in a wig, but this happened to me last summer:

my van quit shifting and i knew there was a sensor in there that went bad. so i called my brother in law who works at a chrysler dearlership as a mechanic. he said bring it right over and he would fix it during his lunch break.

so i was wearing short denim shorts -- really short -- and a girlie tank top and girlie flip flops at the time. no wig or makeup or anything like that, but definitely shaved smooth all over. and showing lots of leg.

by the way, my brother in law knows about the way i am.

so i bring the van over to him and my gosh you should have seen the looks i was getting from the other people over there while i was waiting. in fact, i saw some people leave and then come back with other people to get a look at the sissy in their garage.

nobody said a word to me, although a salesman offered me some coffee, which i accepted. my brother in law told me later some people make vulgar remarks about me to him about me later, but he told them to lay off me. he's a good friend.

but i go out like that all the time, just unfortunately that day i ended up in a place teeming with testoserone!

Genifer Teal
12-13-2007, 06:43 PM
I can't speak for you or anyone who has has to keep a secret from some people. I also can't imagine living in a small town. Where does NYC rank among large cities? I'm over that hump. Breakdowns, accidents, DWI stops - none of it bothers me much as long as we avoid arrest or injury. Those would be bad.

One great suggestion is to carry rubber gloves in your car. The heavy duty medical kind which mechanics often use nowadays. That way, if you are dressed pretty and on your way somewhere nice, you can do a quick fix and not get messy. I also use them when pumping gas. Nothing like being girly and smelling like gasoline. Throw a few in you glovebox and forget about them until you need them.

Gen

Marissa^^
12-13-2007, 08:43 PM
I also had car problems once when dressed en femme. I was wearing a very short black skirt and a very tight red sweater that prominently showed off my rather large breasts. I pulled into the parking lot of very busy big box store and parked quite close to the building with many other cars all around. I went inside to the bathroom and came back out and went to my car. When I tried to start the car nothing happened. I knew it was a corroded battery post and opened the hood and tried to wiggle the connector to get it to make a contact but had no success. I knew that if I kept trying to get it to start that I'd have guys wanting to help and I would never pass (voice issues). So I closed the hood and began to change back, taking off my makeup, wig and putting male clothes on over my female underthings. Once I was comfortable that as much of the makeup as possible would come off I got out and tried to work on it. A guy came over and offered to help and soon it was started. I thanked him and was on the road. I was sure glad I had taken a change of clothes. It had taken quite a long time to change back to male mode since I couldn't be seen doing it and had to wait until no one was around. He did look strangle at me a couple of time and later I noticed my bra strap was showing. It was stressful while it was happening but the outcome was great.

tamarav
12-13-2007, 08:50 PM
A few years ago my car died on the freeway but I was able to actually coast off the freeway into a gas station parking lot. This was the only time in years I actually carried my Boy bag in the truck. I felt so smug going in the bathroom, redressing as a boy and calling AAA. All the way home the truck driver was really attentative and nice to me but in a funny way. All my makeup was off, nails gone, clothes right, bald head shining.

When I finally got home my wife said, "Oh you wore the Tuxedo perfume today" nuff said

Tami

Becca
12-14-2007, 09:17 AM
Since I've only started being more comfortable getting out of the house and driving, I haven't encountered any similar problems far from home. However, the light snow we had in No. VA a couple of weeks ago caused my adrenaline to rush a bit.

I was driving my wife's SUV; it was snowing lightly, but the streets had been cold and everything was sticking. Even though it wasn't deep, it was slick. I was fully dressed, including a new pair of knee high boots, with about a 3.5 heel. I had a ton of fun being out, and I ventured a bit further away from home than usual. I had no problems at all until I was back in the neighborhood and started up my driveway. It's a couple of hundred feet long, and there is one section early on that is pretty steep. Well, even in low 4-wheel drive, the SUV couldn't make it. (I later found out that the tire tread was worn enough to keep them from biting.) I ended up leaving the car at the bottom and walking up to the house, leaving the neatest boot prints in the snow.

Since I wasn't up to shoveling all that in my skirt, I eventually changed into drab and took care of it. At least I wasn't stuck away from home!

BTW, a long time ago when I lived in ND, I began the practice of having an emergency kit in the car. In addition to the normal stuff already mentioned, I always had a couple of sturdy candles, kitchen matches, and an old can, preferably a large one. If you're stuck, and it's cold, one candle (burning in the can) will provide enough heat to keep you alive, even with a window cracked for fresh air.

Nicolette01
12-14-2007, 09:39 AM
Becca-
Kind of tough having a 4 wheeler and not being able to get out of trouble. As mentioned, it is always handy to carry some winter aids, sometimes to go along with the shovel, traction mats or sand can be a big help. I think at this stage of the game it would be pretty embarrasing if someone approached me to help me out.

veronicagirl
12-14-2007, 11:25 AM
Now, I've been lucky on my trips. Things to add to your "boy bag" is a container of Pond's Cold Cream and a few cheap rough towels. That will remove all makeup in 30 seconds.

Sally2005
12-14-2007, 11:58 AM
Mechanical things respond to negative vibes. So if you go out in a positive and confident mood nothing bad will happen (or at least if it does you will be in a better mood).

I owned a Dodge minivan and the starter randomly seemed to miss throwing out the gear that turns the engine over so after the first two or three tries the gear would usually catch. I never worried about it, just got used to the way it was. Then one evening I was out for a small adventure, parked at a mall and went rollerblading enfem. That was a thrill, but when I got back to the van, it wouldn't start. Just whine, whine, whine.....then I look up and a mall maintenace worker is looking and starting to move towards me. Oh Oh....panic, I almost put my skates back on and took off, but instead I noticed the parking lot had a good slope to it, so I pushed in the clutch and let it roll as fast as I could, and threw it in gear. It almost stalled but started and I took off as fast as possible. That was back in the days when I was more paranoid, now after having gone out a couple times in daylight I wouldn't be so worried if someone got close. Still, given my voice I might just nod or shake my head a lot.