PDA

View Full Version : Dreamscapes

jennCD
12-12-2007, 11:06 AM
...so I'm telling my wife about an annoyingly disturbing dream I had this morning and after I'm done, she says:

She: You would've liked the dream I had this morning. :)

Me: Oh really? Why?

She: Well,... It was about you and I,.... , we had these helmets, kinda like in that movie* where when you put it on, you can experience anything you fantasize about...

(Side note: I was boggling my mind last night writing this, trying to think of the title of the movie she was referencing... initially she thought it was a Woody Allen flick but I just couldn't get it until Erica commented on my blog that it was "Brainstorm" from 1983... Thanks, hon!)

Me: Like virtual reality...

She: Yes, and you actually feel what's happening to you.

Me: Aha,.. so you wore it and you were thinking of Mel Gibson (back in the Lethal Weapon days)! LOL

She: No,.. more it was interesting when you wore it considering what I'm coming to understand about your gender 'identity'... so you were able to experience lactation and anal sex (Note to self: Wife did not specify the relative perspective of this aspect of her dream, i.e. giver/receiver so please find time to have her clarify so you can set the issue straight if there is a misconception LOL)

Me: Oh really? Hmmmmm :)

She: Yes,... :)

Me: ... Um, so when can we buy these helmets? Since you're going out shortly, try to pick up a pair! :)

... four hours later, she came back... empty handed.

Damn! Oh well, there's always tomorrow.

Angie G
12-12-2007, 12:04 PM
That would be nice I could be a real woman for a few hours :hugs:
Angie

Bethany_Anne_Fae
12-12-2007, 01:59 PM
I've often wished that I could have 2 years completely as a woman. Long enough to experience as much as possible including giving birth. Yeah, I know thats weird.. but it would certainly add to ones perspective. Not just the putting on of the clothes and makeup... ALL of it.

One would know ALL the highs and lows, all the crap that women have to put up with and the men that don't quite "get it!"

;)

*much hugs*

Zarabeth

Veronica 1
12-12-2007, 08:36 PM
I mean it's better to GIVE than RECEIVE!:D

Maybe that was her point? :devil:

SandyR
12-12-2007, 08:43 PM
VR could be a good thing.....

SandyR

Marvina Martian
12-12-2007, 09:19 PM
If I had something like that I don't think that I'd ever come back! Put me in a home and stick some IV's in and I'd be good to go! :D

Hmmmmm, kind of like the Matrix.........:eek:

Zee
12-14-2007, 09:14 PM
Kinda like that movie , "Minority Report", where men can experiance sex as a woman.

susanmichelle
12-15-2007, 02:49 AM
In the movie it also had a guy that put the tape in a loop cause he wanted to be with the girl of his dreams and to have sexual climax over and over and if you remember it drove him nuts. I think i would rather not. LOL Not that way anyway. But it would be interesting to know exactly what a woman feels when we are dressed to get the full sensation so to speak. With a woman feeding her thoughts to us as we are in full female form.

Susan Michelle

Colleentg
12-15-2007, 11:07 AM
I've often wished that I could have 2 years completely as a woman. Long enough to experience as much as possible including giving birth....ALL of it.

One would know ALL the highs and lows, all the crap that women have to put up with and the men that don't quite "get it!"

;)

*much hugs*

Zarabeth

Gawd, me too on the giving birth. I have dreamed of being a real mom for as long as I can remember.

kikiw
12-21-2007, 05:05 PM
Wow, the VR thing would be SOOO much easier than having to do the transition itself... especially if you didn't want to take the plunge of permanency. I think we have a very long way to go though before we understand the brain well enough to create such a device. So it's the old fashioned way for us girls in the here and now. I guess anything worth doing is hard :)

kiki

Ruth
12-21-2007, 05:16 PM
If you'll pardon me for saying, this is all very much a male view on how to be a woman. It's either "change round the plumbing and hey presto you're a gal" or it's "put on this helmet gizmo and you think girl thoughts". Both are so much like how a man would work on a car to make it different - pop the hood and switch round the leads and you got a lady car.
My belief is that to experience life as a woman you have to grow up as one, and since I didn't, I don't expect this kind of thing to happen. Also as a CDer it's not necessary. I'm living out my female side my way.

battybattybats
12-21-2007, 06:58 PM
If you'll pardon me for saying, this is all very much a male view on how to be a woman. It's either "change round the plumbing and hey presto you're a gal" or it's "put on this helmet gizmo and you think girl thoughts". Both are so much like how a man would work on a car to make it different - pop the hood and switch round the leads and you got a lady car.
My belief is that to experience life as a woman you have to grow up as one, and since I didn't, I don't expect this kind of thing to happen. Also as a CDer it's not necessary. I'm living out my female side my way.

If you'll pardon me for saying, that is sexist. I'm sure you don't mean it to be but it is.

I went to school with a girl who became an auto mechanic. She loved horses and being pretty and all sorts of 'girlie' things but she liked working on cars. The way she worked on a car was no different to the way any other mechanic would, except she didn't get as much grease and oil everywhere.

While women are taught that they should be more emotional, less rational, more instinctual and less reasoned that's all just sexist nonsense. Women have as great a capacity as men for thinking. Men likewise have as great a capacity as women for feeling.

And in fact I wonder what would be the womans way of changing a car that did not involve some physical or mechanical alteration? A quick spray-paint, ncier upholstery, a new perfumed air freshener and some of those aweful and ubiquitous frangipani stickers could be used by either men or women to 'feminise' a car. Changing the look, the feel, the experience of driving the car would be done by either. What would a woman do to change the nature of the car that a man wouldn't?

And what, pray tell, is the ubiquitous and universal experience that makes a woman a woman? Is it a monthly hormonal cycle? Well not all women have them! Also men have a monthly hormonal cycle that effects their moods and behaviour (just another scientific fact totally ignored by society!) is it having a period? Because I know a woman who, because of endometriosis only had a couple and had to take medication ever since that prevented her periods. Is she not a woman? What about one who was born with a tumour and never even had one period? She not a woman?
Or is it being raised as a woman? Being treated like a woman? because these things are not universal, the way a woman is treated in one culture is different from another, sometimes so radically as to be unrecognisable to our western sensibilities.

Maybe it's in the brain.. oh wait.. that has been explored scientifically and while the average womans brain is smaller, while the average womans brain is better geared to language, while the average womans brain isn't as skilled at reading maps and thinking spatially in 3 dimensions, while the average womans brain has a different proportion of grey-to-white matter.. here is the important bit, the really important bit... the difference between the average male brain and the average female brain is smaller than the average difference between any two individual males brains or any two female brains. That means the difference between male and female brains is tiny and with plenty of males having more female brains than the average female and vice versa!

I'm pretty sure what many here are after is to experience what it is like to be a woman... and every way they can imagine of doing so more than they currently can, practically and physicaly, makes absolute perfect sense.

I realise it's especially easy for us crossdressers (and SO's of crossdressers) to end up viewing male and female as extremes but please let us all not buy-in to that. Defining ourselves or our partners by exaggerations, limiting what either can or cannot do or is or is not supposed to be capable of is just plain wrong and unhealthy.