PDA

View Full Version : What SHOULD breast forms cost?

Nicole Erin
12-12-2007, 05:45 PM
Most of the time I have seen them for about $25 - 50.

It has been a while, but I have seen them for sale in magazines like Transformation for upward of $300.

I can see up to $50, but what justification is there for them sometimes costing closer to $300? The only thing I can guess is that shops that are very targeted to CD/TS/DQ would charge more cause some in the community either cannot or will not buy at just any store. [So you pay for the descretion]

Is there another reason they would sometimes cost hundreds?

AllieSF
12-12-2007, 05:51 PM
I am looking forward to the answers to your inquiry here too. I purchased mine on EBay for $35 total including shipping. They are triangular shaped and a size 6 (C/D cup) and look and feel just great. They are soft, have weight and dark colored nipple. I have also seen recently other shapes for around that price plus shipping. I have had them for 8 months so far without any problems.

flatlander_48
12-12-2007, 07:44 PM
You have to remember that breast forms were not created for crossdressers. They were created to help restore the external appearance of women who had breast surgery. For those women, forms have a very particular and long lasting purpose. While the goals for real women and crossdressers may not be that far apart, I would think that real women would approach the issue in a much more serious and studied fashion. In short, it is a much more significant issue for real women and the manufacturers respond accordingly. Sure I'd like to have $300 forms, but the $50 ones will do quite nicely until I have a Porsche in the driveway and a Land Rover on order...

Kathy Renee
12-12-2007, 09:05 PM
My forms were $150 each. I went to a mastectomy shop and had a fitting. They spent a great deal of time seeing which form shape fitted my frame the best. They determined that a tear drop D size was the best for my build. It has a slight nipple. By the way I am a 44D. So, depending on how much time and effort you want to put into the effort to meet your goals, the cost can vary greatly. I have another post regarding the trip to the mastectomy shop on the Male-to-Female CrossDressers forum under the "breast form" thread (I would put in a link but am new to this site and haven't figured it out yet).

Sally24
12-12-2007, 10:07 PM
I have another post regarding the trip to the mastectomy shop on the Male-to-Female CrossDressers forum under the "breast form" thread (I would put in a link but am new to this site and haven't figured it out yet).
Here you go Kathy http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=72735

I spent $100 on my first pair of triangular 40D forms. Liked them well enough and their still solid after 3 years.

Just purchased a set of triangular 38Cs with nipples for around $130. I think they fit my frame just a bit better and now I can also buy cuter small strapped bras!

Some of the more expensive forms are made to be taped or attatched to the body for long term wear. They have to be a bit more rugged to survive that on a day to day basis.

joann426
12-12-2007, 11:46 PM
i bought mine at wallmart for 15$ just shop arruond and u will find them in the panties ile at the bottom i bought them there and they are reel nice to :drink:

UASIANGAL
12-13-2007, 12:07 AM

It has been a while, but I have seen them for sale in magazines like Transformation for upward of $300.

I can see up to $50, but what justification is there for them sometimes costing closer to $300? The only thing I can guess is that shops that are very targeted to CD/TS/DQ would charge more cause some in the community either cannot or will not buy at just any store. [So you pay for the descretion]

OK, my :2c: worth. While true that some of these expensive forms are targeted at CD and inflates the prices, some forms costing $300 or more is not unrealistic. For the medical grade mastectomy forms, the silicone are of a higher grade. Silicone are a very expensive material and medical grade would be the safest as it has to pass all testings which is why they really do sell for so much. If you ever held and compare expensive forms vs the Walmart ones, you would see the difference and they are some much softer and bouncy to mimic human breast. So depends on your budget and use. A Porche vs a Volkswagon....there is a difference.

geri
12-13-2007, 12:30 AM
like uasiangal said,
it depends on what you want and how you want to look.
in my opinion, if you want to pass out there, a more expensive form is required.
they bounce, move and feel like real breasts ( according to a gg i know ) and isn't that what we girls want? i even wear them topless to bed and they feel sooooooooooo good. the silicone ones become a part of you.
BUT when i'm to the point where hrt has made my breasts what they will be, i'm getting augmentation. then the fake ones go in the garbage.
my thoughts,
geri danielle

HiDesert Heidi
12-13-2007, 10:10 AM

If your looking to fill up a bra under a turtleneck sweater, then by all means go with something less expensive. But, if you aspire for a more realistic look thats attachable so you can wear something from the racier side of your closet, it will cost a few more bucks. Myself, I prefer the most realistic look I can achieve. If the pictures I attempt to inclose actually come through, you will definately get my drift. In the first pic, I have on a size 7 from Exsil. They have a very nice feel and have an excelent ballance. They have the most realistic nipples of all that I have seen. In fact this company offers about 5 or 6 different nipple styles and colors. If it were allowed, I would provide pictures so you could see for yourself. According to the sizing charts for bras they give me a 41D. The other 2 pics are of a new line from Exsil that I got about 3 months ago. These are a size 12 teardrop that I'm sure would appeal to some of my more matronly sisters. They were made for attaching to some bra gizmo , but I ordered them without it and had an inch of backing left on so I could cut them myself to fit. And there are several nipples to choose from too. These size 12's are big but they have a droop that can't be matched and they made me a 41 DD. And their heavy, like real breasts. When I got them I didn't think they would attach because of the weight, but I tried anyway, and to my surprise, they clung to my chest better than the smaller little sisters. Exsil is a German company and the forms are made in Brasil and a word of caution. Since they are shipped directly from Brasil the package has to go through customs and will have your name address and contents declared on the outside. Not a problem for me, but for some???58404

Nicole Erin
12-13-2007, 04:42 PM
OK thanks for the explanations.

For my own forms, I will probably go for the inexpensive cause I am looking only to fill my shirt out. Purely for the look of a female chest, every once in a while.
I have used other ways of creating breasts, but never used forms. I am needing some and that is why I asked about the price range

Christine XX
12-13-2007, 07:57 PM
Holy cow Heidi!!!

How are you blending the line between you and the forms? Is that makeup? Or photoshopping? I can see a very slight difference in tone, but not the seems at all. And honestly the tone difference looks just like natural un-tanned area.

Wow,
-Christine

tamarav
12-13-2007, 08:14 PM
From my past 30 years of dressing and the purchase of many types and sizes of forms I have to throw my $1.98 response to this one.

At first I had little to spend on forms and they were sponge foam with a nipple. Later a pathologist CD friend gave me a set of medical implants that he thought would fit me well. I wore them with a bra and was totally sold. the feel and weight made them very realistic feeling. As time went one I started buying silicone breast forms (since the search for the perfect wig, shoes and breast forms never ends...) and have found some difference but very little in any of the silicone sets. My costs have ranged from $25 for a pair to about $190 a pair. I wear a set that has a matte finish so they don't shine through sheer tops, glue them on with Hollister adhesive everytime, and remove them with Goo Gone. I have been doing that for 2 years straight with about 200 wearings per year with absolutley no degradation of the forms. They cost me $90 from eBay. They are named MySelf, size 7 with "life like" nipple that stands out like you are in sub zero weather. They project 3 inches and weigh 16.8 ounces each They are triangular and have a slight cavity on the back side to fit a male chest. (For your information I have a size 38-40 chest and realize a size CC or D appearance.)

Many of the others including some really expensive ones given to me developed leaks after a few months.

I do have to throw this idea out. I had a pair I bought on eBay for $20 that were not the size that was listed but some hugh flat, triangular shaped pillows of silicone. I tape them to my buttocks cheeks when I am trying to fill out some stretchy hip huggers, since I have no butt. They work great but just aren't worth the overall effort.

Overall for me, the costs have not justified the higher expenses. Besides, we always want to try out the next bigger or pointier or whatever size anyway. Buy what you want and if they aren't for you give them to a deserving friend and get more.

Okay, enough from me...

Tami

Alex!
12-13-2007, 09:59 PM
I'd say for a good pair of girls you'll be looking at about $150. The cheaper you go the more likely for a leak, from what I've been warned.

A bag of bridseed does wonders, according to some. And if you get lost in the deserts of Nevada en femme, you will at least have two feedbags.

:D

HiDesert Heidi
12-14-2007, 03:46 AM
Holy cow Heidi!!!

How are you blending the line between you and the forms? Is that makeup? Or photoshopping? I can see a very slight difference in tone, but not the seems at all. And honestly the tone difference looks just like natural un-tanned area.

Wow,
-Christine
Hi there Christine...It's not makeup and it's not photoshop trickorie. You may have seen it used on some Television program, a web site or most likely in a mens magazine. Basically it's just body painting using 'liquid latex rubber'. The only material I have found that looks and feels like real skin. If your breastforms are heavy enough they will even bounce just like real ones. As soon as I have enough time, I'll create a thread and explain how to do it...Bi Bi Heidi....

DAVIDA
12-14-2007, 07:38 AM
I feel the need to point out that the "forms" that places like Wal-Mart carry are actually enhancers. These are mainly for those who already have something to work with, but just want to increase the bust a cup size or two. And like someone has already pointed out, these tend to be of a much firmer material. I originally made my forms of thick foam. They were OK, but did not have the weight that feels good. My first pair of silicone forms were from the Sears medical catalogue. This was a long time ago before I had a computer and the joy of the Internet! Those forms were $200 each! I since have found the Glamour Boutique! I think that I am on my third pair from them. The ones that I wear are the asemetrical ones. They are $180 for the pair. I recently went on their site and saw that they now carry a very large size. I wear a size 15 (44DD) and the new ones make mine look like a nearly A cup!

TerriM
12-14-2007, 08:10 AM
I bought my forms about 15 yrs ago at a friendly lingerie/corset/bra shop. They were about 120 or 130 dollars for the pair. My advice is go to a store and try them on. thats the only way you will know if you will be happy.

Yours Terri

tiffanythecd2001
12-14-2007, 08:26 AM
:2c:Hi; for the most part, its what you pay for in forms that you get, my problem is skin tone, i look like two white form on my slightish darker body,anyboby have a way around this, i do work in a party store, so i access to lots latex liquid makeup stuff, thanks Tiffy.:heehee:

pennycdtv1
12-14-2007, 09:18 AM
I got mine from truekare.com on line for about 60.00 They are the best investment I have made and I cont begin to tell you how real and natural they feel. I am so glad I went this route and you will be too sweetheart

jessicaparrot
12-14-2007, 10:40 AM
I bought mine at The breastforms store on line. I called them and karen was very helpfull. mine cost 210 dollars. It was the best 210 dollars i every spent mine are a size 12 and they are perfect.

docrobbysherry
12-14-2007, 11:49 AM
Hi there Christine...It's not makeup and it's not photoshop trickorie. You may have seen it used on some Television program, a web site or most likely in a mens magazine. Basically it's just body painting using 'liquid latex rubber'. The only material I have found that looks and feels like real skin. If your breastforms are heavy enough they will even bounce just like real ones. As soon as I have enough time, I'll create a thread and explain how to do it...Bi Bi Heidi....

U didn't mention how much the German forms cost, did u?
I just purchased a Transformation this spring, for about $250. During their yearly 25% off sale. That was before I did any online searching, and well before I discovered this site.
Their forms r very good quality. Not like items they make themselves, which r usually poor quality. But, I believe u CAN buy similar quality forms online for about $150 to $200.
RS

marykrissmithcd
12-14-2007, 04:45 PM
I paid $150 for my breast forms from The Breast Form Store online, size 6 (C/D) cup. They feel like real breast under my bra and dress. They also have some for $50 for traveling and sleeping that are lighter but will give you the shape.

Raquelle C
12-14-2007, 05:06 PM
I have purchased some off eBay a while back for around $100 or so. They seem to be very good quality and all, although one of my black bra's did dis-color some of the silicone.

I don't believe mine are filled with anything, just solid soft silicone. Are the ones that are filled softer or better in anyway?

Billijo49504
12-14-2007, 09:42 PM
Well, I got my boobs from a surgery for thyroid cancer. The took out one of my thyroids and my boobs started to grow. Now I have a nice pair of 40C boobs, and I'm very satisfied....BJ

Tina Dixon
12-14-2007, 10:49 PM
I would say around 150 for some thing good, thats what I got in to mine and I love them.

Marvina Martian
12-15-2007, 12:31 AM

Please do! They look great, I am very jealous!!!!

shauna 9
12-15-2007, 01:25 AM
I would say around 150

Genifer Teal
12-15-2007, 11:39 AM
For the most part, you get what you pay for. If you spend over $200 you are probably paying more than you should. $100 seems to be a point for minumum quality. If you plan to glue them on (you should consider this), pay at least $100 and get soemthing of decent quality.

To sum up, if you want something good, that will last, expect to pay between $100 - $200. If you are not there yet (or sure of your size) you may just want to experiment with the birdseed method before making a premium purchase.

Gen

SANDRA MICHELLE
12-15-2007, 12:03 PM
I bought a pair from the breast form store and they were like about 180.00, I was happy with the quality but they were way to big for me so I sold them to one of the girls here for I think 50.00 and I think she is very happy with them. I use the "chicken cutlet filler to give me a little lift and size when I am going out otherwise I don't use anything since I have 38C without any help.

sandylove
01-13-2008, 03:16 AM
I'm still looking for realistic breast forms that will attach securely without a bra. What I can't seem to find are forms that will adhere above my own nipples so that I may lift the breast forms and stimulate my own very sensitive nipples. Anyone have the same problem? Solutions would be very much appreciated.