PDA

View Full Version : Get out and go shopping :-)

KimW
12-13-2007, 12:59 AM
I just wanted to throw out a quick note about shopping for women's items. I'm 56 and have been CD'ing since I was in high school and while I won't go out in a dress or wig, I've been pretty comfortable with an occasional shopping trip to an out of the way store. This last year I've changed and just said the heck with it I'm going to the big name stores and see how it goes. Long story short is that it goes great!

I've got a regular sales girl in lingerie at Nordstroms that pulls panties, bras, night gowns, and anything else she can think of for me when ever I come in and it's back to the dressing room we go. She comes in and out while I'm trying things on and always makes recommendations on what looks the best on me.

I've got another regular sales person in cosmetics that is also a jewel and helps me pick out lipsticks, shadow, skin care, and all sorts of wonderful cosmetics. She makes sure I always get the promotion items and just takes great care of me.

Tonight I went to a designer women's shoe store that I've never been in and had a sales girl help me find the most beautiful pair of high heel pointy toe boots I've seen. It was her idea that I try them on even though there was another female customer and a male sales clerk in the store so what the heck I walked around the store in these boots while I was primarily dressed as a male (light makeup and women's jeans.)

Then I hit a new cosmetics store tonight and this beautiful sales girl helped me with some lip balm and then offered to do a full makeover on me. I was in my new boots and the attire I mentioned above, otherwise I wasn't dressed. She did a beautiful job by the way ;-)

So here's my point to this long winded story, go out and have some fun this holiday season, give yourself the present of shopping for something pretty that you would love! There's lots of great sales people out there who are willing to help you and will treat you great.

Best wishes to all of you for a wonderful, safe, and very very happy holiday!

Kim

Deanna2
12-13-2007, 04:38 PM
For me shopping for femme gear is all part of the package and I enjoy it immensely. I never question my right to be in the ladies wear department.

SiobhanW
12-13-2007, 04:40 PM
Nice! I would love the proactive offer of an in-store makeover.

tricia_uktv
12-13-2007, 05:06 PM
Totally agree, you can go shopping wherever you want. I prefer to go when its quieter though, because you get more individual attention. Most shop assistants, wherever you go, enjoy helping you if you are honest

StacyCD
12-13-2007, 05:06 PM
For me one of the most enjoyable things to do is shop dressed! Unfortunately, I don't get to do it often enough!

Janet Bern
12-13-2007, 05:12 PM
I love to take a trip to the big name stores and shop in the lingerie, and dress dept. I have yet to become to involved with the saleswomen but I bring my things to the checkout counter and keep my head held high.. which is easy as I am 6'3
Janet

Mitch23
12-13-2007, 05:16 PM
i've had many such experiences as you Kim and can heartily agree with what you say

Mitch