PDA

View Full Version : Does it ever go away?

Jennifer Brooks
12-13-2007, 01:11 AM
The desire of Crossdressing. Does it ever go away for those that don't dress full-time? I dress when nobody is around and since I am back on the day shift again, (on vacation right now) I am home when everybody else is. It's very tough to get any time in to dress and feel great/pretty. I though for a minute that I could stop dressing but it's always going to be there. I told my wife over the past 13 years that I dressed up until the time I was 12 but she would flip if she knew I did to this day (and up to about 6 hrs ago. Hee-Hee!). I think about stopping all the time. Especially when I think about age. I'm 36 now and can't imagine myself still going strong later on down the road. But I probably will. I was 5 when I first put on a bra and panties, so I do not think I will ever stop. I just wish I could really go out fem and party with the ladies and just look and feel like a woman. That would be the ultimate high. The ultimate.:thumbsup:

Bethany_Anne_Fae
12-13-2007, 01:17 AM
Simple answer, for me ... no.

I might put it away fro 6 months or less, but I just gotta get my girl on after so much time has passed. Once I started... that was it ;)

Enjoy it!

*hugs*

Zara

Laurie
12-13-2007, 01:17 AM
The desire of Crossdressing. Does it ever go away for those that don't dress full-time? I dress when nobody is around and since I am back on the day shift again, (on vacation right now) I am home when everybody else is. It's very tough to get any time in to dress and feel great/pretty. I though for a minute that I could stop dressing but it's always going to be there. I told my wife over the past 13 years that I dressed up until the time I was 12 but she would flip if she knew I did to this day (and up to about 6 hrs ago. Hee-Hee!). I think about stopping all the time. Especially when I think about age. I'm 36 now and can't imagine myself still going strong later on down the road. But I probably will. I was 5 when I first put on a bra and panties, so I do not think I will ever stop. I just wish I could really go out fem and party with the ladies and just look and feel like a woman. That would be the ultimate high. The ultimate.:thumbsup:

Hey Jennifer, I know how you feel. I have tried to stop many times before but never could. The longer I go without doing it, the more the pressure just seems to build until it reaches an unbearable level that requires that I do it to find release.

You mentioned you now work the "day shift." Are you a nurse?

lisa_e_love
12-13-2007, 01:18 AM
From my experience, it never goes away. I quit once for three years. But it came back and I'm never quitting again :D

Jennifer Brooks
12-13-2007, 01:23 AM
You mentioned you now work the "day shift." Are you a nurse?

No, I work for a publishing company/factory. I was on the night shift for 8 years which gave me plenty of time to myself and for the lovelier things in life. I was to the point in 2004 that I almost came out. So close but I just kept it in the closet. Plain and simple, I chickened out.

Carla Mel
12-13-2007, 01:28 AM
Can tell you my own experience, I don't know!
I have had some hibernation and rather calm periods, and some very active periods, with the time I've noticed that the periods when I'm in "urge" are mostly tense periods, for example stressing workload. And the moment when I'm in "purge" are mostly periods when I'm distracted, family, sport, travel...It makes me think my crossdressing is related with relaxation more than sex...but then I look at me in the mirror, and laugh seing what a naughty outfit I'm wearing!!!
Kises
Carla

Kate Simmons
12-13-2007, 02:53 AM
In the sense that it is an intregal part of yourself, it never goes away Jennifer. How you choose to manage it is entirely up to you however and it can be a liability or an asset, depending on your outlook.:happy:

Veronica 1
12-13-2007, 03:03 AM
We all have highs and lows but the thing to remember is not to purge just because you think that you are over it. The urge to dress is a part of you and it will come again. Purging only means that you will have to go out and buy all those clothes again.

crusadergirl
12-13-2007, 03:10 AM
Your not alone on wanting to quit i think about it all the time. Does it go away no it doesn't for me. I try to fight it alot but that doesn't work for long.
But I did go without dressing for a couple of years at one point. Can i do that again i don't think so.

Patricia Johnson
12-13-2007, 03:12 AM
I have went through the same things, I have purged a couple of times but the feelings never went away. I have now decided to just enjoy the duality of my nature.

DawnRodgers
12-13-2007, 03:20 AM
NO, no, no, no. Never.

faltenrock
12-13-2007, 03:29 AM
simpe answer from germany - NEIN, niemals

Joy Carter
12-13-2007, 05:17 AM
I just accepted myself and now that guilty feeling gone. I'm fifty eight and it has never been very far from my mind. Besides I'm having a ball doing it now.

Suzie S.
12-13-2007, 05:25 AM
Jennifer, the answer for me is no. The desire may be stronger or weaker at times, but is always there. I know I go bonkers if more than a few days go by without cding. :hugs:

Kelsy
12-13-2007, 05:26 AM
I tried to eradicate this desire for 40 years! stronger now than it has ever been. I agree with Joy! Until I accepted myself It was a struggle -now it's pure happiness:happy:

Kelsy:hugs:

verena
12-13-2007, 06:23 AM
It never goes away.

Megan70
12-13-2007, 06:34 AM
No, it does not ever goes away, and you're not going to like to hear this but gets STRONGER as men age. I'm 60 and go out in public more now than ever and have the sexual and emotional need stronger than before. I am cycular though and don't dress during the hot summer months or Holidays or most of winter. Too much bod covered up with heavy cots and boots that i want to show off. Have to conform with pants and jeans because GG's don't wear stockings at all much less ever in winter. Enjoy growing into your old age, but fear not your question.... its normal for all of us.

Megan

Brandy H
12-13-2007, 06:35 AM
I'm past the half way mark in this world and can tell you it is not going to go away, so you might as well accept it, enjoy it and have fun

marykrissmithcd
12-13-2007, 07:03 AM
It never goes away. I'm 54 and plan on dressing for as long as I can. There has been times I didn,t feel like dressing and thought it went away for good only to come back it seems stronger than before. Some of the times I got rid of the clothes I had only to go out and spend even more money rebuying clothing I threw out 6 months earlier. Mary

Vicky_Scot
12-13-2007, 07:16 AM
A Alchoholic stops drinking but they will always be an alchoholic.

A Crossdresser stops dressing but they will always be a Crossdresser.

melissaK
12-13-2007, 07:21 AM
CDing, the never ending story . . . we never stop. It's well documented. http://www.avitale.com/developmentalreview.htm

If the anxiety gets too bad over it, see a counsellor/therapist. If you end up seeing a Dr. for anxiety or depression be sure to come clean about being a CDer as it is probably a part of your anxiety or depression and if you don't tell, they'll load you up on Prozac and you'll not be addressing your real emotional needs.

hugs,
'lissa

Raychel
12-13-2007, 08:21 AM
I had a period for about 8 years when there was almost no desire at all to dress. Then as time passed, My desire came back with a vengence. Now I have come out to my wife and there is no turning back now. And I must say that I am alot more comfortable with myself. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

So I think that you are better off to find a way to accept it as part of your life.

Denielleinheels
12-13-2007, 08:34 AM
For me it can will never go away. It is part of me and my physical make up. I can say this, I get rather bitchy when I can't dress (due to other half's son 19yo hater). I think for me I have been ways to cross the gender line daily by what I wear that makes me feel good.

il.dso
12-13-2007, 08:57 AM
Great question. I ask myself that question frequently. All I can say is that I'm 46 years old, sitting at my computer, wearing white Vanity Fair nylon panties, Leggs pantyhose, a Maidenform bra and my red dress from Macys. So, the crossdressing desire has not abated for me! Best wishes to you and I hope you find the answer to your important question.

SANDRA MICHELLE
12-13-2007, 11:07 AM
Not for me, I purged several times and wish that I hadn't right after I did it. I would live full time en femme if not for my family obligations. If for some reason I found myself not married anylonger I would go full time the first day.

Jennifer Brooks
12-13-2007, 11:51 AM
Yeah, the feeling is always there. There has always been years where I went all out and couldn't get enough and then there was years where there was nothing. As far as what I mainly wear, I just like wearing lingerie because it's sexy and feels very good. I've thrown stuff out in the past and when the feeling of dressing came back I'd get mad that I tossed out all that clothing and lingerie. I've learned not to do that now. I don't think I would need a counselor for my passion but talking with a fellow CDer in my "area". That is what I wish I could do along with going out 100% fem. :gorgeous:

jennifer41356
12-13-2007, 12:56 PM
I hope it never goes away..I like being female and i am proud to be transgendered ...I wouldnt trade it for anything and I am thankful to be able to express my femininity:love:

Deborah Jane
12-13-2007, 01:30 PM
I,ve tried to give it up in the past and purged everything, but not any more. I enjoy it too much now i,ve accepted it as part of being me :D

kaitlin
12-13-2007, 02:07 PM
Hello, I agree with all the other girls, it never leaves!! There are times I have thought that I would trash everything and stop this but.. I'm 46, and sitting here in front of the PC (just got out of bed) wearing a light blue long cotton night gown, the left overs of my makeup (big no no) and my cherry red toenails. I don't see it going away, it just gets more natural feeling. Embrace and enjoy!!! Crossdressing is here to stay! Kaitlin

María José
12-13-2007, 02:30 PM
I´m 50 and I tried to eradicate that desire for almost 40 years. In some periods of my life I was able to control the desire for months, may be more than one year, but the desire was always there and came back. So I decided to accept it. It is there and will always be there.

Nicole Erin
12-13-2007, 03:14 PM
For some of us, as time goes on, the desire and frequency becomes less, but it is always there to some degree.

Most of MY CD'ing these days is my everyday clothes, women's jeans, sweater, tennies. Sometimes Erin must come out full force.

So just find a spot where you are comfortable.

There are times when this does get addicting. So you are closeted, that is understandable. YOu will have to decide for yourself about this, but if you were able to get out time to time en femme, that helps. Of course after a taste of that, staying home dressed is no fun. So proceed with that in mind...

shirley1
12-13-2007, 05:55 PM
i have been told by other tvs i've met and spoke to that generally it gets worse as you get older - for me i think the only thing that has changed is that i now feel the need to try going out maybe because i've had that fantasy for years and want to know if its anything like i imagine - i have gone long periods of time without dressing but that was more down to lack of opputunity to do it now i am living alone theres nothing to stop me doing it whenever i want but i worry a bit about where it might lead especially if it becomes detromental to me having relationships in the future could really do with meeting a woman thats into men that crossdress apparently bisexual woman are more likely to be interested sorry got off the thread subject a bit !

natasha
12-13-2007, 11:57 PM
At 43 and just recently acting on desires I know I have always been successful in keeping at bay, I am ticked that I didnt act on them sooner!!!! I couldnt be happier dressed as feminine as possible. I do wonder where it is going though, but looking forward to it at the same time. I thought about purging once or twice but decided to try not to dress.........NOT!!!!

My question would be......will I take it further than simple dressing behind closed doors? The thoughts are there about hormones, wearing womens jeans instead of mens and so on.

Angie G
12-14-2007, 01:33 AM
Jan I'm 59 and it's still here hun It'seasy for me my wife is Ok with it :hugs:
Angie

Blonde
12-14-2007, 04:08 PM
I can only speak for myself, and I say it will never go away, even if I wanted it to.
I've gone years without dressing, but then something will happen and trigger it. Sometimes even stronger than before. eg: right now I've been dressed fem most of the day for the last 4 days (I change to drab to go out and do some xmas shopping, but have been in panties and bra the whole time, and when I get home I get all dressed again, actually, last night I bought some fem jeans at Value Village)

Deanna2
12-14-2007, 04:12 PM
I hope not.

StacyCD
12-14-2007, 04:15 PM
I certainly hope not!

Jennifer Brooks
12-14-2007, 04:18 PM
I can only speak for myself, and I say it will never go away, even if I wanted it to.
I've gone years without dressing, but then something will happen and trigger it. Sometimes even stronger than before. eg: right now I've been dressed fem most of the day for the last 4 days (I change to drab to go out and do some xmas shopping, but have been in panties and bra the whole time, and when I get home I get all dressed again, actually, last night I bought some fem jeans at Value Village)

Same here. I went shopping to find a nice, white, {sort of see through} blouse today (Couldn't find what I wanted) and I had on a bra and panties. LOL! Felt good.

Carly D.
12-14-2007, 04:30 PM
It dulls a bit.. sometimes it seems to be gone completely, and I feel like, although I have the clothes, I don't have any desire to wear anything fem.. the longest time I have gone without dressing fully (what qualifies fully dressed, for me) is three months.. and they weren't long "dread without drag" months.. it just never occurred to me to dress up.. never had the inkling to dress up.. and then BOOM!! the rush comes back like a turd of hurdles.. I mean anything can set me off, be it a add in a magazine or a commercial on tv.. or seeing that rare of occurrances a woman actually dressed up... and I get it all back on again and it can last for months, and then be another down period... it's just a roller coaster ride, enjoy the ride..

corrinediane
12-14-2007, 05:16 PM
I'm 50 and it's never gone away, just goes dormant for a bit. I do agree that the older I get the stronger the desire to dress becomes. I like it! Glad I never purged for guilt. I have a babydoll I had since I was 20. Too bad it doesn't fit anymore. LOL

silkesh
12-16-2007, 02:55 AM
I haven't dressed in over 1 year but i think about it every day. so no it never goes away.:love:

Joni Beauman
12-16-2007, 03:10 AM
When I was your age, fully in the closet (or hotel and surrounding), I probably wondered the same thing. Fifteen years later, I am out to my wife and am able to order clothes on line and delivered to the house, or even sometimes shop together (though this she finds awkward). I am wearing a new outfit from Kohls right now that just arrived (course SO is visiting her folks and our daughter is in bed). The honesty is refreshing and helps with overall acceptance, including from myself. Joni

Mixie
12-16-2007, 03:39 AM
God, I would love to go out wearing make-up, stalkings, heels, a dress and a wig. Especially if I looked good. The thing is, I would feel totally insecure, unless every single person who looked at me said something like, "You're a very pretty lady"

I guess what I'm saying is, it would take a pretty damn big leap of self confidence... OR a significant decrease in caring about what other people think, before I could consider being so bold. I've always cared way too much about what other people think.

Dawn Marie
12-16-2007, 07:23 AM
Jennifer,
I don't think the feeling ever goes away,at least for me it never does. I'm 53 and still the feeling is strong. When I'm not dressing then I'm thinking about it , looking at other women to see how they dress and carry themselves and wondering how I would like in that outfit. I have purged so many times in cannot count, but I regret every time I did. Some of those cloths will never be able to replace. I finallly made peace with myself and am happy with who I am . The only regret I have is not to be at this point alot sooner.
We all have struggled with this dillemma at one time or another but in the end it is all up to you how you control or resign yourself to the fact that you are a CDer or TS and probably always will be.

rexy
12-16-2007, 10:33 AM
I hope it never goes away..I like being female and i am proud to be transgendered ...I wouldnt trade it for anything and I am thankful to be able to express my femininity:love:
THIS IS EXACTLY THE WAY I FEEL,LOVE MY FEMALE SIDE OF MY LIFE AND AM VERY PROUD IT:love::love:

Jayne
12-16-2007, 11:13 AM
Hi

I wish I could say yes, but for me I can only manage about 6 months at best.
I talk to my wife about it from time to time to make sure she knows I still think and do crossdressing and when I think she is OK she throws a tantrum, says she doesn't need to know.
From time to time she knows I need to dress and she gives me the time and room to get on with it. I wish she could come to terms and let me dress when she is in but this is not to be. We have been maried 25 years and I have dressed secretly many of these until I came out to her. She lets me dress on my own but will never understand why I do it.
How can she when I don't know.................

JoanAz
12-16-2007, 11:17 AM
No it is a life long desire, there are periods of Denial (denial is a river in Africa) but no end in sight
Joan Az

Samantha Marie
12-16-2007, 11:25 AM
I am over fifty and it is never far from my mind...even following the amputation of my left leg (above the knee) ten years ago...I just adapted and continue to carry on...and thanks to several very understanding (and encouraging) late twenty-something year old GG's I am able to live out my desires...

susie evans
12-16-2007, 03:02 PM
NO it never goes away you learn to accept your self and then deal with on a level that you are comfprtable with :hugs:

susie

charllote34
12-16-2007, 03:05 PM
If its genetic how can it??

Jennifer Brooks
12-16-2007, 03:17 PM
After reading all of these responses, I know why I go through fazes. When I have plenty of alone time, I get in the mood to dress and it's the pedal to the metal, so to speak. Then I go back to working and such and I really don't think about it unless it's in fantasy/dreaming mode. As much as I love to dress, I can't figure out why I do not have nightly dream about it. I usually have 3-4 a year and it's mostly getting caught in lingerie (Guilt I suppose). I have about 3 more weeks of alone time (work injury) and so I'm going to use the best of that alone time for dressing. I figure tomorrow I'll take that first step to apply some make-up. That ought to be interesting.:heehee:

kristinacd55
12-17-2007, 08:18 PM
I don't think it could ever go away! It's panties now every day underneath my drab, since my wife found out a month ago. I don't NOT think about dressing every single day since i started when i was 5 years old. Don't fight it, just enjoy your femininity!

Juanita O
12-17-2007, 08:31 PM
I have tried to give up dressing but it didn't last to long. Just go with the flow.

Michelle PJ
12-17-2007, 09:41 PM
Come on Kelsey, where is Way East? Japan? Hong Kong? IF way east US I have to say your pic gives me some confidence. It is very becoming. AND I'm about your age. After my check up tomorrow at the doctor's I'm going to shave and start to enjoy fem clothing for the first time this year.

Luv,
Michelle PJ

Kelsy
12-17-2007, 09:51 PM
Come on Kelsey, where is Way East? Japan? Hong Kong? IF way east US

Luv,
Michelle PJ

Michelle

First it's USA Second you're going to have to get your feet wet:heehee:

Kelsy:happy:

Michelle PJ
12-17-2007, 09:57 PM
IF you're in the NYC area I would enjoy knowing so we can chat.

Luv,

Michelle PJ

Jilmac
12-17-2007, 10:32 PM
no Jen it never goes away, in fact it only gets stronger. I know the emotional stress of wanting to tell your wife but afraid she'll freak out. I told my ex while I was dating her, she was repulsed by the thought of it. I told my second wife and she believed it would turn me gay. (IT DIDN'T). Since my wife died I have been enjoying dressing more than ever. Now I have a new so and I want to tell her but I'm afraid she'll run for the hills and not look back. I'm getting butterflies all over again. Jill

ericalynncd
12-17-2007, 11:39 PM
I remember before i told my wife, it was killing me. I had no idea what she was going to do. I know that she has a pretty open mind and just came straight out and told her. I dont think i will stop dressing enfemme, but thank God i no longer have to hide it. I am much more comfortable with myself, and my wife loves the benefits ( usually she gets new clothes too)

Sallee
12-18-2007, 12:12 AM
NO it never goes away I have gone without dressing for several years at a time but like the cat it keeps coming back. Embrace it join a group and if you never get out except to the group that is great Good luck

shauna 9
12-20-2007, 10:59 AM
It never goes away.

danielle42
12-23-2007, 11:20 AM
for me no it does not go way and when i cant dress it makes me :Angry3:,

_Billie
12-23-2007, 11:34 AM
IMHO, purging is only symptomatic of denial.

Crystal Alberta
12-23-2007, 11:51 AM
For me, the desire to dress waxes and wanes. During the past week or so, I've dressed (at least a bit) almost every day, but in the two months previous, I think I dressed maybe two or three times in total.

I think some CDs manage to deny or "control" the urge to dress as well, but I don't think it ever goes away. This is a part of who we are, and I've come to accept that it is something that will always be with me.

Crystal

Bravesoul
12-23-2007, 11:57 AM
I agree with most, it never goes away.I too have tried, but no luck.You know what, that's ok now, I do what I can and dress when I can. Life is good,since I stop trying to stop.

vivian fair
12-23-2007, 10:00 PM
From "5" to "70" its been a very constant companion to me. And seems like I'm enjoying it a lot more each day. And thats through 24 years military service and 50 years marriaage.

jennifer41356
12-23-2007, 10:02 PM
After reading all of these responses, I know why I go through fazes. When I have plenty of alone time, I get in the mood to dress and it's the pedal to the metal, so to speak. Then I go back to working and such and I really don't think about it unless it's in fantasy/dreaming mode. As much as I love to dress, I can't figure out why I do not have nightly dream about it. I usually have 3-4 a year and it's mostly getting caught in lingerie (Guilt I suppose). I have about 3 more weeks of alone time (work injury) and so I'm going to use the best of that alone time for dressing. I figure tomorrow I'll take that first step to apply some make-up. That ought to be interesting.:heehee:

practice makes perfect, experiment with different colors and you will find the right look to make you the beautiful girl that you are:love:

charlie-50
12-23-2007, 10:04 PM

I nope it never goes away this is just too much fun.......Charlie...:D

JacquiUKTV
12-23-2007, 11:36 PM
There's a lot...an AWFUL lot I could say here but it would mean condensing a book into a post; I'll try to be concise at the risk of compromising intelligibility.

I think the simple answer is probably "no" in most cases, but from my own experience it's certainly possible to reduce the intensity of the need; and therefore, if you can change it....engage with it at all, there is the possibilty that it could be eradicated altogether....if you want to that is. Without wishing to put words into anyone's mouth I wonder whether the question conceals an ambition to be free of the dressing-need?

I need to state my position at this point and before I do, lest I cause offence, I wish to say this, with the greatest possible emphasis: my opinion is with reference to myself and ONLY myself....I presume to make no judgment, NONE WHATSOEVER of anyone else.

I've tried to accept the dressing "thing" as an "expression of my true self"....a mere "phenomenon" that's acceptable and OK....all the justifications/euphemisms you could shake a stick at; and it just doesn't work.

For myself, I just can't get away from the notion that dressing is a form of aberrated behaviour; something that needs to be handled; I fully accept that this attitude may, in itself be "aberrated"....wrong end of the telescope; I can only speak as I feel.

And from this point of view, I have striven to approach it....view it from as many different angles as possible; this is where I stand right now:

It seems to me that there are three distinct areas of major importance:

a) physiological; i.e., hormone-bath, chromosomal pre-disposition etc.

b) psychological: for whatever reason (probably quite complex) one associates a higher "survival-value" with being female v. being male. Speculations about "multiple personality" or "sub-personalities" would probably belong in this particular bucket, or maybe the next:

c) spiritual...this being for many, I imagine, the most controversial. There have been posts about reincarnation, past lives, call it what you will; the relevance being that if we are indeed souls that migrate from one body (death) to another (birth) there may be certain baggage that we take with us. I personally put a lot of credence into this; I don't expect anyone to agree just on my say-so but it's an interesting area to look into.

So it might prove to be the case (if "prove" belongs in this post :rolleyes: ) that for a given individual their need to crossdress stems from some permutation of the above? And then, it falls to the individual to pursue the gamut of info. available on-line and elsewhere; sorry I can't be more specific but for each it's a voyage of self-discovery: the hospitality of Lord Google awaits...in particular, try "psychology of crossdressing".

It would appear that there ain't no pill you swallow, button you push or mantra you chant that does the job in one hit....but you can change in some measure if moved to do so.

Hope this makes sense; as I said at the beginning a difficult precis; and again, my views are strictly apropos myself...pls accept my apology if I've upset anyone with my ravings?

Happy Xmas, Solstice, Hannukah, Saturnalia, Winterval, whatever.... and a joyful'n'prosperous 2008 to all.

:love: and mince pies J.

Celeste
12-24-2007, 01:37 AM
When I was married I ABSOLUTELY could not dress or share this with my ex. After we were married she openly referred to it as deviate and ill. It was kind of like a cell door closing on your feelings. Now that were divorced I'm picking up the pieces of myself that I shelved and am grateful it never left. It is so fulfilling and enlightening for me ,I know I'll never purge or quit again for anyone

Shelly67
12-24-2007, 05:21 AM
It never goes away ......not totally . It may diminish for a while but will most certainly arrive back with a desired vigor ....well , it did for me anyway giggle

Suzy Harrison
12-24-2007, 06:25 AM
Well hun, learn from my experience:

When I was a teengager I thought I'd loose the desires once I left school
When I started work I thought I'd change once I had a regular girlfriend
Once I had a regular girlfriend I thought I'd feel different when I got married
Once I got married I thought I'd change when the kids came along
When the kids came along I thought I'd loose those desires when I got older
When I got older the desires got even stronger !!!!!!!!!!!!

So the short answer is "no"

So don't hurt yourself by feeling guilty or purging - just enjoy !

:hugs: Suzy

Patti Girl
12-24-2007, 08:26 AM
You are probably asking in the wrong forum.

For everyone here, it hasn't gone away.

If there are people for whom it has gone away, they are probably not on this forum :)

It's kind of like asking people at a football game if their interest in football ever dies. (Mine has, you won't find me at a football game.)

Patti

Sabrina Flowers
12-24-2007, 08:53 AM
Like most of those here I have tried to surpress the dressing a few times in my life, but the urge comes back. Even though I'm in the closet with the dressing, these days it seems to be stronger and as I've got older I am beging not to worry so much about the dressing.

Cara Allen
12-24-2007, 09:11 AM
Have you seen the Burlington Faux Fur items? They will make you feel pretty!

I love going out in the Winter. If you have small-hip problems, a shaped pretty winter coat is just what you need! Also, boots! So sexy, and they help define calves.

I once wore a beautifully tailored ermine coat, and the feeling is impossible to describe! I hate the idea of all of those cute little ermines getting killed just so that I can stay warm, but I can for sure see the attraction. After a corset, it is the most sensual experience you can have!

Cara

No, it does not ever goes away, and you're not going to like to hear this but gets STRONGER as men age. I'm 60 and go out in public more now than ever and have the sexual and emotional need stronger than before. I am cycular though and don't dress during the hot summer months or Holidays or most of winter. Too much bod covered up with heavy cots and boots that i want to show off. Have to conform with pants and jeans because GG's don't wear stockings at all much less ever in winter. Enjoy growing into your old age, but fear not your question.... its normal for all of us.

Megan

Shelly67
12-24-2007, 12:04 PM
It never goes away ......not totally . It may diminish for a while but will most certainly arrive back with a desired vigor ....well , it did for me anyway giggle

In fact if I,m honest its getting worse ........after spending time as Michelle I hate the feeling of normal male attire .Its a terrible and horrid feeling if I have to change back on the same day - at least a night asleep helps settle the desire ..

On the other hand .....strange as it may seem , there have been times when the thought of transforming to Michelle has left me feeling almost disgusted - work that one out if you can ...giggle :rolleyes:

Jennifer Brooks
12-24-2007, 03:04 PM
Thank you all for your responses. I, like so many that "Dress" in the beginning, feel like we are the only ones that do "Dress". With new emotions come the same thinking's, but since I've been on this website I can feel more at ease about my feelings and such. Most of my questions at the beginning will seem sort of odd and redundant. Rookie questions is the wording. You all have answered in your own way and most, if not all, are pretty much how I've felt or am feeling about the future of my "Dressing". Thank you very much ladies, for making me feel good about myself and certain about the future.:daydreaming:

Ashley Williams
12-24-2007, 04:14 PM
No, no, no. If I am anything to go by, it can fade, but eventually it comes back.

I went ten years, with virtually no temptation to dress.

Today, I collected from the Post Office my first full outfit for 30 years (thank you Ebay) and the need is as strong, if not stronger, than ever.

I told my wife-to-be well into my purge period, and was devastated when it came back.

Now I have to move forward with the urge to dress as a woman - end of. Not what I would have chosen and not easy, but no alternative, it seems.

All the Best - and Merry Christmas!

Lesley

KayHenderson
12-24-2007, 04:53 PM
It would appear that there ain't no pill you swallow, button you push or mantra you chant that does the job in one hit....but you can change in some measure if moved to do so.

Well-stated, but let's qualify that a bit.

In at least one case that I know of (me), a pill has done exactly that.

With a maintenance regimen of sublingual estrogen, supplemented with spironolactone, I've eliminated all traces of gender dysphoria. It's no exaggeration to say that I no longer need to dress.

I hasten to add, though, that I still find it fulfilling. In fact, I work as a woman a few hours a week. But the need is gone. There's no mental agitation - none.

Elle1946
12-24-2007, 04:59 PM
Does it go away, is like asking if taxes go away. NO!!

Patti Girl
12-24-2007, 05:57 PM
.....after spending time as Michelle I hate the feeling of normal male attire .Its a terrible and horrid feeling if I have to change back on the same day

On the other hand .....strange as it may seem , there have been times when the thought of transforming to Michelle has left me feeling almost disgusted - work that one out if you can ...giggle :rolleyes:

Michelle,

My guess would be the tug of war between what you want and what you think you should be. I suspect that many of us have that conflict.

The board here does help. The more me find out that there are many like us, the easier and more acceptable it becomes.

Merry Christmas!

Patti

p.s. my wife gave me a beautiful pink sweater for Christmas :)

Sinthia
12-24-2007, 06:02 PM
I hope not! I am so much happier when I can dress whenever I feel like it. Accepting that this is who I am and can put on a dress anytime is good therapy for me.

JacquiUKTV
12-24-2007, 10:09 PM

With a maintenance regimen of sublingual estrogen, supplemented with spironolactone, I've eliminated all traces of gender dysphoria. It's no exaggeration to say that I no longer need to dress.

I hasten to add, though, that I still find it fulfilling. In fact, I work as a woman a few hours a week. But the need is gone. There's no mental agitation - none.

I've done a little....just a little googling on spironolactone; I would assume it's the effect it has in reducing blood-pressure, maybe de-stressing... that's the salient point here?

If you're willing, I would be most interested to know more...e.g., whereas this regimen has altered your perception as regards dressing, has it impinged on you in other ways?

:love: Jacqui.

gingerli
12-27-2007, 09:44 PM
the urge to dress does go away--------30 minutes after you die!!!!!!

or so my formerly living ex informed me late one night.

Samantha B L
12-27-2007, 10:13 PM
I've had the urge to dress ever since I was like little bitty. I can't even remember just what age. It could have been 6 or 7 years old. I've gone for long periods of time in my life where I tried to "forget" my urges to dress and I've found out that I can't do it! There have been influences in my life such as this forum or my wonderful GG freind who passed away 3 years ago that have convinced me that there is nothing more fun and exciting than dressing. I'm 51 years old and I've purged 5 times. I decided several years ago to never do a stupid thing like that again. I plan to spend the first several months of next year buying some wigs and some clothing items and stuff that I've wanted for a long time. I would dress everyday and wear practically nothing but female clothing if I had a way. Which I don't presently but who knows what the next 5 or 10 years holds. So I just don't think crossdressing goes away.

body-fx
12-27-2007, 10:22 PM
It hasn't gone away for me, but I've toned it down quite a bit.

Rachel Morley
12-27-2007, 10:33 PM
The desire of Crossdressing. Does it ever go away for those that don't dress full-time?
I gotta be honest, I haven't read every post in this thread ... I just skimmed ... but for me, I have a one word answer .... no!

I just know that for me personally, I can't stop (at least) thinking about it. If I don't dress ..... after a week or two I start to get depressed. It makes me feel unhappy and sad that I can't "feel feminine". I don't need to look feminine, I just need to feel feminine. I have to be girly (for a guy) :happy:

Susan G
12-27-2007, 11:08 PM
I have purged once, realized how important this life style is, I am very Happy with the out-come of being a crossdresser! No Shame, NO regrets!

rickie121x
12-27-2007, 11:27 PM
But on the other hand, this may be a case where "never" actually applies. Statistically, it is a pretty good bet that the desire will not dissolve and will be in your mental background until "then", whenever that is!

From age 7 to age 73, it has lived with me constantly, luckily never having caused any pain - well except when my first wife used the word crossdressing in her divorce complaint ... hehe, but the divorce turned out to be one of those "best" things that ever happened to me.

As so many have already said, live, laugh, love, crossdress and enjoy it all to the best of your ability....

Happy holidays, Rickie :doll:

1950sclothes
12-28-2007, 12:59 AM
I'm 45 and it has never gone away. It is less stronger than it was but it's still there.

LilSissyStevie
12-28-2007, 02:04 AM
If it did go away, I wouldn't be here to tell you about it. This is really the wrong place to ask.

Mary Morgan
12-28-2007, 11:26 AM
I stopped for five years at age fifty. Today at 60, the desire is stronger and the need greater than at anytime in my life. Too bad I had to wait so long to appreciate and enjoy this wonderful gift. Of course, letting go of the fear and deception makes all the difference. I would encourage you to confront your own reality and make some decisions. As they say in the "mind business", past behavior is the best indicator of future behavior. I am not a psychologist, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn last night! Good luck.

tiffanyanne_69
12-28-2007, 12:21 PM
Figured I might as well chime in here myself with a big fat NO.

Done the denial thing . . . done the purge thing . . . done the "hated myself thing" . . . doen the purge thing (oh, did I say that already?) . . . and finally accepted me for me.

I can't change who I am (although I've certainly prayed and wished for it a zillion times!), so the answer is No.

KandisTX
12-28-2007, 12:30 PM
The long and short answer is "No, it doesn't go away". There may be times where you don't feel the need, or have the ability, time, privacy to dress, but the feeling, need, desire doesn't really ever go away entirely. It lingers there in your subconcious in hiding at times, but it is always there. We have all probably gone through the denial stage, the purging, the "I'm a freak" stage, and even the "Am I the only one who does this"? stage. The point I'm trying to make is that we must accept ourselves for who and what we are before we can expect anyone else to do the same.

Kandis:love:

Ann Smith
12-28-2007, 01:25 PM
... mentioned here on the site. I've been through one five-year span and a three-year span with no c-dressing. Right now I'm at the end of that 3-year spell. Basically zero urge the entire time. Then, about two months ago, for some reason the urges came back. I have been feeling them faintly some of the time, strongly on occasion, and other times not at all.

In answer to your question, I would venture to say there are definitely former crossdressers who stopped at some point and never went back ---- they're just not on this website. One reason (which you mentioned) would be age--- if you are a particularly vain crossdresser and you have to feel like you're achieving at least some measure of female attractiveness when you dress femme, the results are going to please you less and less as the body ages.

Another reason would be what other people here on the site have referred to as laziness. The motivation to bag out on keeping two wardrobes and to keep erasing or covering up telltale signs is huge in my case. If I can help it, I don't ever want to dress femme again for the simple reason of time and effort.

But I still want to hold on to some part of this "different-ness." I want to keep being a transgender person. I think there is something in the whole essence or aura that is of great value.

And I don't want to continue on as a non-dressing crossdresser who, consciously or unconsciously, harbors condescending feelings toward cd-ers who want to quit but can't do it. Like former smokers who make a big deal about saying tsk tsk to anyone who lights up.

Patti Girl
12-28-2007, 02:53 PM
If it did go away, I wouldn't be here to tell you about it. This is really the wrong place to ask.

Precisely correct, IMO. Now where is that ex-crossdressers forum where the question should be asked? ;-)

Patti

Jennifer Brooks
12-28-2007, 04:02 PM
Precisely correct, IMO. Now where is that ex-cross-dressers forum where the question should be asked? ;-)

Patti

Good answer. But thinking over that reply you have to remember one thing. Being a closet dresser for a number of years and not being in actual contact with fellow "Dressers" you tend to stock-pile questions and feelings about what you are doing. This question is one of them. With each individual reply written, it has given me a warm feeling that I am not alone if I have dipped off the CD radar screen for months or years. Most of the ladies that have contacted me personally are much older in years and very experienced with being a CD, thus they don't have to ask these questions. I do and will. If there is an "EX-CD" forum, I do not think I will be on it. When I do give it up cold turkey, I will be sure to let this board know one exists. I thank you for everybody's replies thus far. It has enlightened me thoroughly. Hugs and Kisses...........

Patti Girl
12-29-2007, 10:49 AM
When I do give it up cold turkey, I will be sure to let this board know one exists. I thank you for everybody's replies thus far. It has enlightened me thoroughly. Hugs and Kisses...........

Gen,

You are right, this board certainly helps us to find a broad perspective and support for what we feel and what we need. Instead of feeling weird and alone, we know that we have lots of company.

But just because someone goes "cold turkey" doesn't mean that it ends or that they won't be back in 3 months or 3 years. If it ever does "end", we need reports back from people who have quit ten or twenty years ago :)

Currently, I am faced with a challenge. I'm thinking of joining the local volunteer fire dept (I have past experience and I understand the local outfit needs help). I'm not sure if I can fit that into my crossdressing needs...or can I give up the crossdressing (I doubt it).

hugs,

Patti

Blonde
12-29-2007, 02:41 PM
IMO I think the only time it wil go away for good is when you're laying in the ground with a stone over your head. (or in an urn over the mantle place)

Amy07
12-29-2007, 03:33 PM
I don't think the need can go away. I dressed, purged, collected again, purged, so on and so on. I stop and start, but will not toss it all out again. I stopped once for three years in the late 90's, then got broadband internet, and so it goes. Darn internet. I live single now, but folks here have great advice on telling you SO. Be happy, Jennifer!

PeggySue
12-29-2007, 06:56 PM
I would live full time en femme if not for my family obligations. If for some reason I found myself not married anylonger I would go full time the first day.

As Sandra Michelle has said, it is only marriage and mother that keeps me from being en femme full time. Work would also keep me in drab. If not for those two things, look out world, here comes PeggySue!!!

BudGirl08
12-29-2007, 10:26 PM
Hello this is budgurl's wife and i am on here reading about all this and am getting a little understanding about it and was wondering how you went about getting this pill of whatever sort that you got. My hubby is on a pill as of 3 weeks ago. only because he goes through this purge thing that everyone was talking about and than in the end it all comes back and he gets all pressured up. He even checked into the cding parties so we could go to them. Im not totally against it and i have known the whole 9 yrs we have been together about the clothing and stuff but up until exactly now i didnt thnk of him as a cder but now im seeing the light a little better. I dont feel any different about him but there was at one point in time when i felt a little betrayed that he wanted to dress for someone behind my back or was looking into cding for someone else but I think that if we go at this together than maybe it wont be so bad. Like someone else stated in another thread that it benefited the wife cause she gets more clothes which is exactly true and for the matter that he most of the time has better taste than me...LOL! Anyhow if someone could let me know about the pill thing that was stated here and going about to get it maybe I could help him out a little bit on not feeling so pressured with it. I will be looking forward to more threads in understanding the in's and out's of crossdressing!
Mrs.Budgurl08

angelfire
12-30-2007, 02:31 AM
The urges come & go for me. I'll go through a phase where I am super into it, and want to shop & dress practically every day. Then I go through phases where it just doesn't seem to interest me at all. I just go with the flow. If I feel like dressing, I'll dress. If I don't, I won't. I don't like "forcing" myself to dress just for the sake of dressing.