PDA

View Full Version : Best friend for 35 years came by

DAVIDA
12-13-2007, 07:44 AM
I have a friend that I have known since high school. He called yesterday and said that he was coming by after work.
Jean and I told him about my dressing a couple of weeks ago when he was over for dinner. He just said "OK".
Well, I was dressed as usual and our other friend was here. I called Skip and inquired as to when he would be arriving so I could change before he got here. I said that I didn't want him to freak out! He told me that it didn't matter to him and that he would not "freak".
Well, I don't think that anything about his demeaner had changed in the slightest. We talked about things that had happened in the past, but he never put two and two together. His mother always had a big spread on Christmas day and people would just drop by. This was before Jean and I married. I was always there, and Skip's mother and I would get into the Jack Daniels. We had sort of a tradition of getting soused and stay up most of the night talking. She would bring out all of her earrings and I would try them on. She asked me once if I was a cross dresser and I said no. I don't think that she ever believed me.
She passed away almost two years ago.
Last night, Skip said that I could have all of her jewelry!
I have finally realised that the people that love and care about us really don't care what we are wearing. I just wish that I figured that out a long time ago!

Raychel
12-13-2007, 08:05 AM
I have finally realised that the people that love and care about us really don't care what we are wearing.

Truer words have never been said. True friends don't really care what you were. They know the real person inside. And that is all that really matters.

Glad all worked out well for you. :hugs:

Vicky_Scot
12-13-2007, 08:12 AM
True friends don't really care what you wear. They know the real person inside. And that is all that really matters.

Spot on

SANDRA MICHELLE
12-13-2007, 11:17 AM
What a great friend, true friends will remain true no matter what, I only wish we all had someone like your friend is to you. What a nice jesture to give you his moms jewelry.

MJ
12-13-2007, 12:36 PM
a true friend will be there for you no matter what !!!

Zee
12-14-2007, 09:11 PM
That is awesome. Friends like that are extremely rare.

occdresser
12-14-2007, 09:46 PM
I wish all my friends would be that understanding.

Zee
12-14-2007, 09:54 PM
Might I also add that your shared experiance is very inspirational. Thank you for your uplifting story.

Billijo49504
12-14-2007, 10:05 PM
That's the difference between a close aquaintance and a true friend. A true friend doesn't care what you wear or if you can pay back the $20 that you just barrowed from them. Those are true friends. I have a lot of the first, but only a few true friends....BJ

susanmichelle
12-14-2007, 10:51 PM
A Big

AAAAAAAAAAAAA Men

Susan Michelle

Angie G
12-15-2007, 01:20 AM
He sounds like a good friend hun you are a lucky girl :hugs:
Angie

Marvina Martian
12-15-2007, 01:47 AM
Wow, that was a really great story. It makes my heart smile!

I too have a very close friend that I have been torn as whether or not to share my secret.

I guess when the right time comes I'll know it, just as you did.

Thanks for sharing.

Dawn Marie
12-15-2007, 09:36 AM
True friends know you for what is inside you, so the outside appearance doesn't matter.

Ruth
12-15-2007, 10:48 AM
I came out to two close friends back in the summer because I thought the time was right, and one thing that they said to me was: "We'll love you just the same whatever you happen to be wearing." And I guess that's the test of a true friend. They see what's inside.
Ruth

Michelle 51
12-15-2007, 05:00 PM
Woww How neat is that.And you are right about friends.

MarciManseau
12-15-2007, 05:09 PM
Give him a hug and a kiss from us :happy:

Hugs, Marci and Julie
:hugs:

DAVIDA
12-16-2007, 06:52 AM
It seems like it gets easier every time I tell someone else! I have not had a negative response yet. It is also great not to have to do a quick-change while running down the hall just because there is a knock on the door!