PDA

View Full Version : Summer births and crossdressing?

SiobhanW
12-13-2007, 04:37 PM
It is probably just coincidental, and I do know we've got birthdays from all over the calendar here, but I seem to click on an extraordinary number of profiles which indicate a summer birth. More precisely, there are a lot of you who seem to share a birthday with me in July! :eek:

What do you think, just coincidence? Or is there a predispositon towards crossdressing for those born during the summer months?

jenniferj
12-13-2007, 04:55 PM
There might be a secondary effect - I think it is generally believed by the medical profession that gender/sexuality characteristics are developed prior to birth and thus not related to season of birth. (Unless it has something to do with being conceived near Halloween. :) )

But... there may be some small correllation of personality to astrological signs caused by early environmental experiences. Summer babies probably spend more time out of doors, in fresh air, wearing much less confining clothing and may thus be more outgoing, adventuresome adults. Which may lead to a higher level of crossdressing, simply because that type of person may be less likely to resist the "base urges".

Or this could be totally wrong. the problem with the soft sciences is that typically the signal is smaller than the noise...

-jj

StacyCD
12-13-2007, 04:56 PM
As usual, I'm outside the norm--December birthday!

Kate Simmons
12-13-2007, 04:58 PM
I know the answer Hon but am not allowed to tell. The Egons have sworn me to secrecy.:happy:

SiobhanW
12-13-2007, 05:01 PM
Or this could be totally wrong. the problem with the soft sciences is that typically the signal is smaller than the noise...

No, I think what you've said there pretty much describes me.

KandisTX
12-13-2007, 05:23 PM
Well, my situation is quite easy to explain, I'm a Gemini/Cancer cusp baby ;) (June 22)

Kandis:love:

MJ
12-13-2007, 05:47 PM
well a poll would help ? but i am a Cancer baby june 29 but celebrate my birthday april 10

veronica
12-13-2007, 05:57 PM
as a virgo (september) could be :drink:

SiobhanW
12-13-2007, 06:09 PM
Simple poll added per MJ's suggestion.

RobertaFermina
12-13-2007, 06:23 PM
June 15....just 7 days shy of Summer!

On Father's Day, of all days !

:rose: Roberta :rose:

Daintre
12-13-2007, 06:29 PM
What can I say June 15/51 here, that makes two of us for mid June Roberta.

SiobhanW
12-13-2007, 06:34 PM
So I guess the other question is what months do you consider to be where? I personally think of June as being part of the summer.

I personally would say that November through February is winter, March through May is spring, June through August is summer, and September through October autumn.

Sharon
12-13-2007, 06:36 PM
That may explain why I'm TS -- I was born on the cusp of summer and fall -- not a true inhabitant of either season. Hmmm..., I'm beginning to figure things out now.

DonnaT
12-13-2007, 06:37 PM
Gemini - June 1

Butterfly Bill
12-13-2007, 07:23 PM
I personally would say that November through February is winter, March through May is spring, June through August is summer, and September through October autumn.

Now you have 4 winter months and only 2 in autumn. I consider November to be autumn.

SiobhanW
12-13-2007, 07:27 PM
OK then, I'll give you November in Autumn.

Alex!
12-13-2007, 09:50 PM
Astrology? Silly bunk.

I was born in June, however :)

battybattybats
12-13-2007, 10:07 PM
Southern Hemisphere.. our summer has just started!
So I'm an Aquarian on the pisces cusp but I'm also a summer baby.

Hmmm... but are babies more common at certain times? Is it more common for people to be summer babies in general or is it just us?

Carla Mel
12-14-2007, 01:54 AM
Or perhaps what we are demonstrating here is that people born in summer for some reason, are more interested in polls than others. Could be because people born in winter are less interested because they are focusing on their birthday...
Kises
Carla

sissystephanie
12-14-2007, 02:12 AM
O.K., I was a May baby a couple of centuries ago. But I think maybe Jennifer hit on something, when she mentioned loose clothing on summer babies. Crossdressers, at least a lot of us, like to wear dresses or skirts. What is cooler on a hot summer day, a skirt ot a pair of mens pants? I would go for the skirt anytime.

Wait a minute, I am a spring baby. Does that mean that I can't crossdress?:heehee: Too late for that thought, I have been a CD for over 60 years!:love:

Sissy/Stephanie

A Girl? I am a man in panties and a skirt!

Jessika Paige
12-14-2007, 04:14 AM
i'm suprised by the poll results. i am the definitive pisces. supposedly not a sign but a conglomerate of the other 11 possessing all attributes of the others. i would have expected to see alot more pisces due to the emotions ruling over the mind. then again, i dont give astrology much merit.

charllote34
12-14-2007, 04:16 AM
Must births round that time are probably due to people getiing " busy" on cold winters nights trying to keep warm!!

Ðarissa
12-14-2007, 08:47 AM
February 22 here. I think that explains why I like to flutter around in the snow, make snow angels and flirt with those strange people who are made out of snow that just stand there and refuse to come inside. :heehee:

Chari
12-14-2007, 08:58 AM
Although a birthday on February 29th is in the winter and happens only every four years, does that mean I'm only 1/4th my yearly age?:heehee:

Chari

Trish
12-14-2007, 09:04 AM
July for me.

Suzy Harrison
12-14-2007, 09:54 AM
I was born in June

I've also told of a theory about a drug expectant mothers used in the 50s and 60s which was later suspect in causing cross dressing/transgender situations.
I can't remember the name of the drug concerned now. Has any one else heard of this?

BTW: I was born in the UK - (Australia's summers are upside down to the northern hemishere)
Isn't it odd that many of us were born in June?

MJ
12-14-2007, 10:13 AM
so was i .. I wonder how many from the uk are here ? that would be interesting to find out too

SiobhanW
12-14-2007, 10:40 AM
Yep, born in the UK as well. Didn't come to the States until I was in my late teens.