PDA

View Full Version : two questions

Laurie
12-13-2007, 11:59 PM
Maybe someone with more experience can help me with these two questions:

1) I have been toying with the idea of shaving my legs, but wanted to ask how long it takes for hair to grow back on your legs. Being Asian, I don't have much hair to begin with though. My only holdup is that sometimes I have to change at work and I don't want to look conspicuous in front of my colleagues.

2) How long does perfume last on your body? Does it come off with a shower? (This is another thing I want to try, but don't want to get caught)

Thanks girls!
XOXOX

Melissa Davis
12-14-2007, 12:10 AM
Maybe someone with more experience can help me with these two questions:

1) I have been toying with the idea of shaving my legs, but wanted to ask how long it takes for hair to grow back on your legs. Being Asian, I don't have much hair to begin with though. My only holdup is that sometimes I have to change at work and I don't want to look conspicuous in front of my colleagues.

2) How long does perfume last on your body? Does it come off with a shower? (This is another thing I want to try, but don't want to get caught)

Thanks girls!
XOXOX
Everyone is different, but your hair on your legs will be stubble within a week and probably take 8 weeks to be where it is now. Lot's of guys shave their legs. I bet no one will even say anything. But you can always say that your wife likes the look. Or you can just say that you really don't like body hair and wanted to 'clean up'. Once you shave though, you might not want to go back. Smooth legs are wonderful.

I don't notice any perfume after I take a shower.

Mary Morgan
12-14-2007, 12:16 AM
My hair will grow out to a "male" length in about a month to six weeks. I only shave in the Fall and let it start to grow about April 1. As it turns out, I shaved on October 1 and went to the Left coast and wore shorts most of the time from about the first of November. If anyone noticed, they didn't say anything. Besides, they are your legs, do what you want. as for perfume, what perfume? I wear Giorgio and it washes off fairly well. Frankly, I like the scent and don't care who notices that either. Maybe it is my age.

trannie T
12-14-2007, 12:20 AM
Don't worry about shaving your legs. There is a really good chance that nobody will notice. The hairless look is becoming quite popular and you are only following fashion. If you are asked about it just reply that leg hair looks like hell under your pantyhose.

lmildcd
12-14-2007, 12:23 AM
I start getting stubble within a half a week. Full length leg hair around three weeks to month.

Laurie
12-14-2007, 12:55 AM
Thanks ladies... I think I will give it a try.

Angie G
12-14-2007, 01:24 AM
Shave hun you will love it I do mine every few days I don't know about the perfume I don't wear it :hugs:
Angie

Carla Mel
12-14-2007, 02:17 AM
About the perfume, should go with the shower, but if you are not sure you can put some masculine stuff to cover, or smoke, or eat chocolate and some roquefort.
Or put some masculine stuff eating roquefort and smoking chocolate.

Kisses
Carla Mel

Kate Simmons
12-14-2007, 02:37 AM
Nothing ventured, nothing gained. Most of us learned the answers to these particular potential problems with plain old experience. Everyone's situation is different and sometimes you have to adjust as you go. Good luck.:happy:

lisa_e_love
12-14-2007, 03:51 AM
No one's going to say anything about your legs that you don't already have a close friendship with. So I say go for it!

CAROLINE FROST
12-14-2007, 04:19 AM
in my experience the answer to your questions will receive the same response! it very dependant onyour own body, try it and see, try shaving on a small patch somewhere not to visible and wait and see how long it takes to grow back with reference to the perfume issue how long does aftershave last on you? try putting some on (aftershave that is) first thing in the morning and asking people at certain times of the day if they can smell it . just say that your trying out a new aftershave to possibly get in the future. Caroline :love:

Laurie
12-14-2007, 08:43 AM
No one's going to say anything about your legs that you don't already have a close friendship with. So I say go for it!

Thanks for all the responses everyone. I should explain that the reason I am hesitant is that I work in a high profile work environment, where crossdressing would not be understood. Sometimes I have to change at work in front of colleagues and I worry that if I am discovered, I would have to throw away a career into which I have invested most of years of life and my soul. The chance of getting caught is small, but nonetheless the personal consequences for me are great because it is a career that I love.

Anyhow, I think will still try the shaving thing anyway though. :heehee:

Nicolette01
12-14-2007, 08:50 AM
I have been becoming curious about the leg shaving, also. I mentioned to my wife the other day that one of our neighbors shaves his body hair because he is a runner. (I'm definitely not an athlete!) I will let that sit with her for a while, sometimes, things take time. Maybe she will then take the initiative and tell me to try it. I also may ask her if she thinks I would look better without hair. Only then will I try it, otherwise, she may start wondering about me. If I can shave the legs, hopefully I can have some better pics for everyone!!

Chari
12-14-2007, 09:20 AM
Laurie, As others have said, leg shaving depends on the individual, but is becoming more acceptable especially in guy sports as in runners, swimmers, and bicyclers to name a few. Always moisturize after shaving your legs to help keep them smooth and without irritation. As for perfumes, most will wash off with a shower as long as the amount of applied perfume is not excessive. There are some top end, higher quality perfumes which have a female / male smell and may change with your own body chemistry which could solve your perfume problem. :2c:

Hugs2U, Chari

MJ
12-14-2007, 09:39 AM
Shave your legs as many have said no one will notice , it grows back very slow for me stubble in 3 days and about a month for full leg hair ..

How long does perfume last on your body? well if you spray it on your cloths it could linger all day , but it comes off in the shower , not a good idea to spray ones cloths but you may know that i hope this helps

SiobhanW
12-14-2007, 09:56 AM
I get leg stubble back in a matter of days normally, but I seem to be doing quite well on a product called Aveeno that is supposed to make hair grow back more slowly and finer/softer (search for threads on it).

Perfume, I cop out and use CK One, which is designed to be for both men and women. On the plus side, I can wear it all the time!

joann07
12-14-2007, 10:15 AM
Hi Laurie,

Sorry I'm a little late in chiming in, but I'd like to add my :2c:.
I'm Asian too, Filipina :winking: , and I don't have a lot of body hair either.
I shave my legs all the time and, living down here in the hot and humid Florida weather, wear shorts all the time.
If I don't shave my legs in a like a week, I'll start to get stubbles and in about six weeks to two months they're close "male" length. Although, its been a long time since my hair has been in "male" length. :heehee:

I've been around friends, family, and in many public places and nobody has ever noticed my shaved and smooth legs.
I've only started shaving last year and I had that same fear of people noticing, but once I did it I realized that there's nothing to be worried about. If I don't try to hide anything and don't make a big deal out of it, treating things as normal and going about my business, then nobody notices or pays attention.
I've gotten to the point now that I really don't think about it anymore. I just shave and then I'm on my way.

As for perfume, as long as you don't douse yourself with it then, by the end of the day, your body's natural oils and sweat will dissolve it away.
And when you take a shower, it will remove the remnants and you'll be refreshed.

Best of luck to you.

Hugs!

María José
12-14-2007, 10:29 AM
the reason I am hesitant is that I work in a high profile work environment, where crossdressing would not be understood.

Shaving legs doesn´t mean crossdressing!

Sometimes, we are afraid things other men do without problem show to others our crossdressing. Don´t be afraid to do what any other man can do: shaving legs (other girls say it: fashion, sports, their wives like it ...), buying lingerie (for a present ...) And you don´t need to explain the reason.

Carla Mel
12-14-2007, 11:27 AM
Thanks for all the responses everyone. I should explain that the reason I am hesitant is that I work in a high profile work environment, where crossdressing would not be understood. Sometimes I have to change at work in front of colleagues and I worry that if I am discovered, I would have to throw away a career into which I have invested most of years of life and my soul. The chance of getting caught is small, but nonetheless the personal consequences for me are great because it is a career that I love.

Laurie,
I understand you don't want to throw away your career.
Before shaving your legs you can already get rid of the hair at the upper part of the leg:happy:, and with scisors take out some length of your leg hairs.
The result less hairry legs, and with stockings, a nice leg who looks epilated as the upper part will be clean and shaved.

Kisses
Carla

Dixie
12-14-2007, 02:38 PM
My wife is so jealouse of me cuz I hardly have to shave my legs to keep them smooth and I am quite hairy. She has to shave every other day, and I shave mine once a week! She shows my legs to our lesbian friends and says "It's not fair!"
:tongueout Oh Well!!! Hehehehe

Carly D.
12-14-2007, 03:30 PM
The great shaving debate, ah you gotta love it... well for me I shave every week at least and when I'm really into dressing and know I can make the time to dress up I will shave as often as I feel like it.. and feel like it I have to do because if I feel like "this is a chore" then my legs look like I was in a fight with a cat and the cat won... so if you feel like "half-assin-it", DON'T.. my hair grows back in four weeks (passable) and six to eight full hairy and the hendersons leg hair... as far as perfume, I think a shower gets the chic smell off... I do love to wear perfume and at times will try to find a cologne that smells close to the scent I like and rather than take a shower, spray the cologne on and cover it up that way... sometimes it works..

shirley1
12-14-2007, 07:12 PM
i dont shave my legs regulary but when i do i fell great i shave my chest cause i'm hairy and underarms and stomach/bikini line - no problems cause as a single knowone sees these parts anyway - my arms on the other hand i once shaved my arms and it seemed to take an etenity for it to grow back maybe its because i was self concious about it at work !

Marvina Martian
12-15-2007, 12:11 AM

One thing you can use for your advantage is the fact that you are Asian. Most people realize that you don't have much hair and really won't be looking for it.

You could always take up cycling and use it as an excuse for shaving!:D

Oh, and the perfume should come off in the shower, although I really don't mind if it does or not! ;)

TammyC
12-15-2007, 02:34 AM
Haha, this is an interesting thread, Laurie.

Well, to share my personal experience, I only shaved once during winter ... lolz, so i could hide my legs under my long johns, and no once would notice.

Its summer here, where I live, so I sure as hell can't go out with short pants and flip-flops with smooth, shaved legs. Bummer ..:sad:

And yea, we're pretty lucky to be asians with a slight bit of advantage in hair trimming.

Zee
12-15-2007, 02:40 AM
I have been shaving my legs for close to 5 years now, spring though winter. I wear shorts in our +40C weather and nylons and tights in our -40C (under my pants of course, better than long johns).

I can tell you that no one has commented (short of my brother) on my legs, and I honestly do not care. Do it! To hell with what people think. Because there is nothing better than getting into bed or putting on nylons/pantyhose with freshly shaved legs... it feels so ... sensual.

Regarding perfume, mine usually lasts all day (at least I can smell it all day). I wear it at work and not a soul has commented. I am the only male (so to speak) in my department and have never had a comment.

:hugs:

tricia_uktv
12-15-2007, 03:44 AM
I went out on Wednesday and used Veet over my whole body, then shaved the bits that the Veet didn't quite destroy. Its now Saturday morning and my stubble is beginning to show through. But do it, no-one will care.

As for perfume, I find that wierd. Sometimes when it seems to linger into the next day, sometimes despite despite putting loads on I can't smell it all. I'd start off with some feminine deodarant, see how you feel and then move to perfume if you want.

Also you can shave and shape your eyebrows as much as you want if you do it gradually. People don't notice.

So don't worry and enjoy yourself

Laurie
12-15-2007, 04:29 AM
Well ladies, I did it per all your advice -- I shaved my legs. I used my gf's "Skintimates" shaving lotion and venus razor. I was surprised how smooth they are. They are as smooth as my gf's and even smoother than my pantyhose. Here are the results...

Nicolette01
12-15-2007, 09:40 AM
Nice legs, Laurie-I may have to muster up the nerve to shave my legs now!!!!

Colleentg
12-15-2007, 10:12 AM
Like everyone else stated, every individual is different. I was 'gifted' with very thin and sparse leg hair, as well as very light in color. My rule of thumb is if it can be seen through my pantyhose, it's time to shave! I normally don't have to shave within 4-6 days. I cheat sometimes and wear more opaque hosiery to 'hide' the need to shave! LOL

Littlej10
12-15-2007, 11:14 AM
I have recently started to use an epilator, (just love the pain), and this seems to last a few days longer than shaving. The only comments have been from my wife who objects to the stubble occasionally.

SANDRA MICHELLE
12-15-2007, 11:54 AM
Well it is my opinion that nobody really says anything about your shaved legs, I had mine shaved all year and did not get any response at all. As for perfume I do not use it so I guess it can be washed away in the shower but don't take my word for it. Once you shave your legs you won't want to ever stop, it does feel wonderful and is more and more common in todays society.

SANDRA MICHELLE
12-15-2007, 11:57 AM
Oh and by the way I love your shoes, I have the same pair, got them on e-bay, and have worn them out twice now. 5" heels size 11, just love them.

Zee
12-15-2007, 12:40 PM
WTG Laurie,

legs r' lookin' hot

charllote34
12-15-2007, 01:01 PM
Everyone is differant and i usually have to do mine at least every 2 weeks to keep on top of them

Blixa
12-15-2007, 01:10 PM
Most of the time i don't bother with shaving. I find that using an electric beard trimmer makes my legs quite smooth, and without the ingrown hairs the next day.

Concerning perfume, i wear Irresistable Apple from Bath & Body Works which is more of a neutral fruity (not a flowery feminine or musky maculine) scent so there is no need to wash it off.

kimberly ann487
12-15-2007, 02:30 PM
It's amazing how one has their own persoal question and boom someone else posts it on the board! Just this week, enboldened by joining CDS.com I guess, I shaved my legs. OMG what was I waiting for, they looked and felt great. I never felt so clean. No stopping this girl now, the next day I did "everything" from the Navel down. My stockings and panties looked much better without all that shag all over. Now after I catch my breath I have to dream up a reason to get rid of all this chest and back hair.
KIM

Laurie
12-15-2007, 06:47 PM
It's amazing how one has their own persoal question and boom someone else posts it on the board! Just this week, enboldened by joining CDS.com I guess, I shaved my legs. OMG what was I waiting for, they looked and felt great. I never felt so clean. No stopping this girl now, the next day I did "everything" from the Navel down. My stockings and panties looked much better without all that shag all over. Now after I catch my breath I have to dream up a reason to get rid of all this chest and back hair.
KIM

I also got carried away last night and shaved my nether regions. It feels great to feel so clean... but anyone know how to prevent the itchiness that results? I did this once before and felt itchy for like 5 days.

Carla Mel
12-15-2007, 07:07 PM
I'm curious to hear the answer to this one...I knew a pomad with antistaminics, but can't find it in the US. So what do you girls use here?

shirley1
12-15-2007, 07:37 PM
i love the results of shaving my legs but hate the process of doing it i find it difficult and time consuming to get it all off - if i wanted to wear a short skirt to go out i would have to take it off right up to my butt and its awkward and i get tiny nicks and razor burn sometimes - i have decided i'm going to try veet next time and saturate my legs in it i have used it before on my chest and didnt get any adverse effects - hair takes on average 6 to 8 weeks to grow back to normal length depending on how hairy you are

as for perfume a guy i work with sprayed some on his wrists the other day it was belonging to a female collegue hes not even a cd as far as i know unless you doused yourself in it i doubt anyone would notice some male colones smell quite feminine these days anyway and better to smell of perfume than of stale sweat

Zee
12-16-2007, 03:18 AM
I also got carried away last night and shaved my nether regions. It feels great to feel so clean... but anyone know how to prevent the itchiness that results? I did this once before and felt itchy for like 5 days.

The leg itchyness is easily circumvented with an epilator.

The nether regions... well as time moves on, either I don't notice it being itchy or it is just not as itchy as it once was...

I am not brave enough to epilate or wax my nether regions on my own. So I just deal with it the best I can. Some poweders help, talcum, gold bond, etc.

JoAnnDallas
12-17-2007, 09:45 AM
I keep my legs shaved all the time. I even have gone out in public with shorts on and no one seems to notice at all.
I have also worn perfume when out and about and dressed. Most perfume will come off when taking a shower. I also found that it comes off when I use mosit baby raps to take off my makeup.

TammyC
12-17-2007, 07:07 PM
Wow ... those are hot legs, Laurie!

shauna 9
12-20-2007, 11:03 AM
Shave your legs as many have said no one will notice ,