PDA

View Full Version : Er.... Smallville!

Sophie
04-11-2005, 04:17 PM
Ok I might seem a bit nuts here!.... but i just watched Smallville (super-man the early years!) and there was a quote i'd like to share with anyone who has a secret.

Chloe: If you knew about someone's secret, would you tell them that you knew?

Lois: Depends. Is the secret hurting anyone?

Chloe: No

Lois: Then, No. If they are ready then they will tell you in their own time. If it is right for them then they will tell you. Just let them know that you are there if they need you.

Doesn't look so good in writing but at the time seemes extreemly relevant to many of our situations, be it with loved ones or family.

For me, i know that my mother knew about me before i told her beacause she found my stash. She waited and we reached out to each other.

I would like to say that if you suspect that someone knows about you, then you should perhaps talk about it but, of course, that depends entierly on your situation. and you may like to be careful about how you approach the subject. i'd just like to think that if someone truly loves you then the will be able to cope with a harmless 'hobby' like dressing up as a girl. I know my best friend (male) did.

Sophie

Julie York
04-11-2005, 04:57 PM
Interesting.
I am SURE someone I know, a very close friend, suspects me but doesn't KNOW I know about him.
But neither of us has ever said anything because we just don't want to KNOW. It would be just too uncomfortable to deal with because neither of us would want to discuss it. It's like knowing someone else knows the secret hand shake, but you are definitely not going to shake hands and confirm it.

But anyone else I suspected, then I'd be nodding and dropping inuendos all over the place.

Wendy me
04-11-2005, 05:09 PM
yes but sometimes we all think that someone knows something that thay don't ..........
so just a little checking frist off could save some trouble .............the mom thing well i havwnt lived at home (moms) from age 16 some 30 years and she is like dropping some "hints" yes moms know everything ..i think...

Krissi
04-11-2005, 05:49 PM
Just like the quote, and the episode that gives it. The best advice for someone is to always feel out the situation before just blurting out something.

By the way, I absolutely love Smallville. The underlying story of Superman, the on going story of him growing up and discovering his life, not to mention the chemistry of the cast. If this show was on one of the big 4 networks it would be a mega hit, too bad its buried on the WB.

It is funny that you make the comparison to Chloe knowing his secret to the secrets we keep. You can look at the whole story, Clark coming to grips with an alter-ego, discovering new parts of himself, hiding from everyone, having a girlfriend you can't tell your secret to, boy this story sounds real familiar.

After putting all the pieces together, I've figured out Clark Kents real identity...

Clara Kent, mild mannered office girl by day, super-powered nympho by night ;)

Sigrid
04-11-2005, 08:06 PM
Wait, are you telling me Clark Kents a crossdresser?!!!

~Sigrid

Sweet Susan
04-11-2005, 08:09 PM
I didn't follow that either. I mean, it's okay that Clark Kent's a crossdresser, it's just that I didn't know..............

Robertacd
04-11-2005, 10:27 PM
Hey, they shoot Smallville just about 30 miles north of me. Right across the border in Cloverdale B.C. I never knew that untill a couple weeks ago we were up there and they have a big sign up now that says Walcome to Cloverdale, home of Smallville.

you know I have nver even watched it...