PDA

View Full Version : Better wife

Lora Olivia
12-14-2007, 01:14 PM
It's one of those kinda days here I guess. Where I am doing too much thinking. I always have kinda teased her that I would make someone a good wife someday. So the other day after doing the dishes, 4 loads of laundry and preparing dinner I told her that and that infact I felt like I make a better wife than I ever did a husband and she kinda agreed. So here I am today on my 3rd load of laundry, half the dishes done and the pans soaking, a nice rolled rump roast in the crock pot for dinner. I was just thinking a nice bubble bath would be great and then meet my love at the door with a cold :drink: before dinner. And then ..........well i suppose and then is probably "Honey, where is the remote, I had a hard day at the office, do you know where my slippers are? and can you get me another drink while I rest?" Girls I know now what makes you so peeved:Angry3: BTW no assumptions to be made that the woman should be the one doing housework just that I do assume that role.

I ain't sure wtf this post is about but thanks for letting me rant...now the dryer is beeping gotta get these folded ang hung

:hugs:

Lora

Christine XX
12-14-2007, 03:47 PM
My Wife and I have a different problem: neither one of us wants to be the housewife. Dishes, laundry, cooking, and bathtub scrubbing all wait until one of us cracks and cant take it (or needs clean underwear). We both joke that we need to get a housewife.

-Christine

Deanna2
12-14-2007, 04:18 PM
My wife has long said that she needs a wife to do the things that you are talking about. And I've replied that I would be more than happy to dress the part and do them.

corrinediane
12-14-2007, 04:51 PM
You girls are hilarious!!! :laughing: Domestic chores are not gender specific anymore now are they. What we all need is a housekeeper.

pamela_a
12-14-2007, 04:56 PM
Lora, I know how you feel. It's pretty much the same for me except my housework starts after I get home from work. At least there's one thing I can always count on, I know where my wife will be sitting.

Just remember those great words: A woman's work is never done.

-Paula-

Jilmac
12-14-2007, 05:02 PM
I live alone since my wife died, so i get to do the husband chores and the wife chores, and it's less tedious doing the chores when im dressed
Jill

StacyCD
12-14-2007, 06:29 PM
My SO has always said I would make a great house husband. If she had known about my crossdressing when she said it she might not have been so impressed!

JoanFlores
12-14-2007, 06:31 PM
Since I am retiered I get to be the lady of the house, 7 days a week. So I get up early, dress up and have a good day.

Zee
12-14-2007, 08:51 PM
I have never minded doing the house work. I actually enjoy cleaning, cooking and laundry. Unfortuantely, as I am the primary bread winner and the nature of my job is mentally exhausting, when I get home, I have no desire to anything other than to grab an hour of sleep.

On the other hand, my wife hates doing the household chores. She can't stand it. I understand that its no picnic, but I would rather have the stress of keeping the house up than the stresses of my job.

When I was very young, my father had a bad accident and he was in and out of the hospital for about 5 years with stays ranging from a week to months. My mother was working full time and she also had health problems, resulting at times when we had no mother or father at home. Me, being the oldest, had to keep the house. I didn't mind doing the chores then.

As I grew up, I went to live with my biological family (btw, I am adopted). My mother there was divorced and I ended up looking after her house as well while she worked full time to support the other 3 kids (I had a full time job too, but it was the graveyard shift... worked out well, though I didn't have time for a life).

It has always been second nature for me to do the house work and I have always resented the fact that I am expected to be the primary bread winner. But it is what it is. Should my wife ever get a job where we can live comfortably without me working, I would gladly become the house wife in a heartbeat.

:2c: