PDA

View Full Version : Ok. So tell me about your Mother.

Julie York
12-14-2007, 04:52 PM
I have several questions. And regardless of how I phrase them I'd like to hear from anyone with an opinion. You know how it is, you see a post "Ever had sex with a man wearing jodpurs?" and you think well no actually, so don't reply even though your experience is quite valid and informative, so when you read the thread it looks like every crossdressing man is into equine persuits because they are the only ones who answer.

If you had a Mother post a reply. And even if you were an emaculate birth....your input would also be interesting.

So....

Did your Mother, in your opinion, by her absence, presence, encouragement, acceptance, negativity, huge breasts etc etc.....have anything DIRECTLY to do with you wanting to wear women's clothing?

(PS I am not good at ences and anses so if they are wrong........**** it.)

My own answer is....No. I did it all by myself. No idea why. (Still no idea). No idea what started it or what causes it. In my deepest darkest moments of confusion, I really can't pin anything at all on my Mother. It would be a nice 'out' clause but the only link that I can see between me and my Mother is her clothes were handy.

Shelly Preston
12-14-2007, 04:56 PM
My mother had some nice clothes

Other than that she is completely blamless

No absolutely no influence

Nicole Erin
12-14-2007, 05:05 PM
My mom had a nice collection of hosiery and some real pretty shoes. I never wore her shoes tho. She would regularly buy Legg's pantyhose, when they came in the egg shape container.

She also had some really sexy looking dresses. I never really wantedd to wear them at the time, I knew I would not look good with them. I still admired.

In the room, there was my dad's junk and then there were my mom's pretty things.

I guess maybe I was influenced

Jilmac
12-14-2007, 05:11 PM
:2c:nope my mom didn't influence my dressing at all. i think if anybody influenced it it was my cousin who dared me to wear a dress and panties when i was seven. i also had three older sisters with plenty of clothes to experiment with. i preferred them to moms clothes anyway:tongueout
Jill

_Billie
12-14-2007, 05:14 PM
Mother was certainly an influence, but in motherly ways rather than dressing ideals. It was I who made the choice to be sexual with boys (at age 10) and dressing was all my own doing. I learned much from her, like make up, shoe styles, colors, etc, but was not directly influenced, or taught, by her. It would be boys and men who taught me.

Kathleen Ann Trees
12-14-2007, 05:26 PM
Mom always wanted a girl. The first three all turned out to be boys too. But as far as I know, I'm the only CD. I doubt the burden to "please mother" was much of a factor, but I cannot completely discount an effect deep in the psychy. The only attempt to dress me up was occasionally at Halloween. But she'd done that to my brothers too. I was too ashamed I'd be outted, even at that young age, so I never let her... even though I really, really, really, wanted to. Our direct neighbors were girls. I liked playing girl games like "house" with them. They'd secretly dress me from time to time. I guess because they were kids too, I played along and let them. Eventually I asked them to play dress up. I'm still hiding it today. In conclusion, I think I just have a gentle soul that likes the feminine aspects of my life.

Kathleen Ann

Iowagrown
12-14-2007, 05:33 PM
I hope my mother didn't influence me. i would be wearing grannie panties and super duper control top panty hose that feels like a gunny sack.

i would try them on when she wasn't home but i always like what my much older sister wore. never tried them on.

lisa_e_love
12-14-2007, 05:34 PM
It was my older sister all the way. It was her clothes that I found and wanted to try on.

Melissa Davis
12-14-2007, 05:39 PM
I lived with my grandparents. Although I tried out some of my grandmothers stuff, I didn't really get the chance until we would visit relatives.

Dayna
12-14-2007, 05:48 PM
No. Not enough male influence from my Dad and older brothers, maybe. But my Mom? No.

I'm just glad she had an overstuffed drawer full of panties, stockings, and lingerie.

MJ
12-14-2007, 05:57 PM
well my mother was a wonderful caring mom she raised 4 of us two sisters and another brother being the baby of the family i can't say my mom had any influence in my dressing apart from stockings very rare ... but one of my sisters played a big part she had the coolest cloths and hung out with amazing friends and wow i got some cool tips way back then .
but i can't say for sure .. mom knew i dressed she never said anything direct but the hints while watching TV together yes she knew , but it was not my mom influence...

Marla S
12-14-2007, 05:57 PM
No.
You could interpret a lot of things as having an influence, but you also can interpret them completaly differently.

Not the slightest evidence, maybe except my mom is a woman :D. Perhaps that's the answer to the why ... lol.

Nicolette01
12-14-2007, 06:07 PM
Absolutely no influence on me.

Deborah Jane
12-14-2007, 06:31 PM
Nope..My mum had no influence at all, i managed to become a crossdresser all by myself!! Her clothes were handy though, as were my sisters :D

christina marie
12-14-2007, 06:54 PM
one of the most caring and understanding women i have ever met, an influence? no, i think not, a source of support, a best friend,yes, but an influence,no.

Faith_G
12-14-2007, 06:56 PM
She did her best to get me to stop, does that count? :evilbegon

Mary Jane
12-14-2007, 07:31 PM
I do not feel that my mother or anyone else had an impact on my desire to dress. I certainly was not encouraged in any way from anyone I knew. I feel it is something we are born with and not something we learn to do.

Wendy me
12-14-2007, 07:36 PM
not relay she knew abought my thing i do but no not relay .... she is how ever driving me crazy (short trip).......

María José
12-14-2007, 07:42 PM
Some time ago, when I took some pictures of me as a girl, I was stunned and confused when I saw that I was like my mother. That made me feel very happy. Yes, my mother, by her presence, had something to do with me wanting to wear women's clothing.

Sinthia
12-14-2007, 07:43 PM
I never had a desire to dress until I was in my 30s, and if you knew my Mom, you would not want to dress in her clothing. But growing up, I remember a few times wondering what it would be like wearing my older sisters dress. But I never persued the thought.

Bobbie cd
12-14-2007, 07:46 PM
Hmm, I would have to say no. Like many others have stated, other than the availability of her clothes, there was never any direct influence on me to dress or act in any feminine manner. (To dress in clean clothes and act like I had manners instead of like a young hellion, yes, but that is another tale entirely! :D)

Jaydee
12-14-2007, 07:59 PM
I would say that she did not influence me intentionally. When I was ten I was taking ski lessons. She obtained some leotards from the daughters of family friends. They were the first fem things that I wore. I hated them at first but soon learned to love them. She also had a dresser drawer in the spare bedroom stuffed with hose and lingere. that I made full use of as a teenager.
Emotionally she was always supportive and close. But then again I had a good relationship with my dad too.

Jaydee

SherriePall
12-14-2007, 08:05 PM
Directly, no, Julie. However, I was a first born and was in the care of my mother and grandmother for my first couple of years because my father was going to school and working and my grandfather was working quite a bit, too.
So, is that nuture over nature? Or did nuture accentuate nature?
Of course, later my mother's clothing was my first CD playground.

Daintre
12-14-2007, 08:22 PM
My mother had no impact on my dressing at all, it was something I learned and fostered on my own. She did however have a great impact on me as I was I guess a mommies boy, I held her in great esteem, she taught me how to cook, sew, and be able to live independently.

Cassy11
12-14-2007, 08:24 PM
No direct influence. When I was around 4 I wore her high heels, but the real desire to dress didn't begin until I was 10 or 11.

docrobbysherry
12-14-2007, 08:27 PM
I do not feel that my mother or anyone else had an impact on my desire to dress. I certainly was not encouraged in any way from anyone I knew. I feel it is something we are born with and not something we learn to do.

My mom and sister dressed, and still dress, plain. I wouldn't be caught ALIVE in their clothes! Not great figures either. If anything, they probably put me OFF dressing until recently!
Sherry's way hotter than they ever were!
RS

Amy07
12-14-2007, 08:29 PM
Nothing direct. Mother and sister just happen to have the clothes, and one day, well you know...pantyhose on...panties...and here we are.

Nicki B
12-14-2007, 08:30 PM
To make me wear women's clothing? Never.

But to influence me as a person, with the feminine qualities I think I've developed, I think very much - and maybe the genes just made me that way, too.

KarenNY
12-14-2007, 08:36 PM
My mother had a huge, huge influence on my crossdressing and my whole personality as a faux female, really... Some of you know my background as I was fortunate to have a very accepting and supportive mother who brought my dressing out in the open, once she had basically caught me in her clothes, of course... it's a long story and I have divulged it at other times, but suffice to say, my mother made me the woman I am today (even though I am still a happily married father of three)... I took on my mother's style of dress -- usually very feminine business wear, as she always wore skirts and dresses for work (at a financial office), and equally feminine clothes at home. It was just my mother and I, also, so I'm sure that gave her an internal green light to help in my feminization -- although I still had to be a boy for school and other things where I was expected to be "him" ... plus, with my mother, having only me, and having two miscarriages after me, I think she missed having a daughter, so that might have entered into her whole allowing me to dress up...

And yes, yes she did buy me my own girls clothing, lingerie, shoes, even a shoulder-length wig... mostly so that I wouldn't muss up her good work clothes and lingerie, and so that I had age-appropriate clothes, since I was only 12 and 13 when she started letting me dress around the house...

MelindaC
12-14-2007, 08:44 PM
Not directly --- I had the basic need from a VERY early age. Then when I was 11, one day, out of the blue, I felt a need to put on a girdle and stockings. So I borrowed mom's. and from the moment I had them on, I was hooked --- and the rest is history ...

Dee Talbot
12-14-2007, 08:45 PM
And regardless of how I phrase them I'd like to hear from anyone with an opinion.

If you had a Mother post a reply. And even if you were an emaculate birth....your input would also be interesting.

So....

Did your Mother, in your opinion, by her absence, presence, encouragement, acceptance, negativity, huge breasts etc etc.....have anything DIRECTLY to do with you wanting to wear women's clothing?

Ha Julie!! Nowhere in this post do I see an exclusion of FAB's, therefore....I have an answer of sorts on my perspective :tongueout

My mother taught me to accept all people based on the person they are. Her best friends were in the GLBT community, therefore it made my acceptance of Barb (once I understood what crossdressing meant to me as a wife) a lot easier. I admit that my initial "discovery" of Barb was "reserved" for lack of a better word. But my upbringing prepared me to look beyond societal dicates and find acceptance. When I say, "it's really no big deal to me", I mean it.

Barb's mother (I am answering for her in case she doesn't catch this thread), was and is a controlling, shaming, repressed shrew. She shamed Barb at an early age for the innocent dress-up games that most children play. Would Barb have felt the need/desire to dress if her mother had been more accepting? I don't know. I do know however, that the environment in which Barb was raised had a direct impact on her ability to embrace and accept herself. (and not just on this subject. I can't stand his mother for all the damage she did to my sweet husband's feelings and self worth!)

shirley1
12-14-2007, 09:00 PM
i am going to be totally honest i think maybe there is a possilble connection with my crossdressing and my mom being the leader in my house as a child she was always the dominent one - phychologists would probably agree a child bought up by a dominent woman thats why you have turned out this way - the truth is now it is all irrelivant whether true or not i enjoy dressing love womans clothes and i have felt this way since i was 13 now i'm 39 you cant just change the habits of a lifetime - i try to remember before that pubesecant age if i had these feelings i remember watching a tv programme about a guy trying on a dress when i was about 9 or 10 and even then it had an effect on me - its just that i can only identify my intersrest in womans clothes around the time i reached puberty - i dont know why but i just one day had to go and try my moms clothes on knowone prompted me to do it it was just natural and i liked it - i have questioned it so many times over the years but i dont believe theres an answer i was innocent then and didnt worry about what anyone else thought my mom bless her gave me a good hiding when she caught me in her clothes and sent me on a guilt trip so in away shes made this all the harder for me in the long run - so mothers they try to protect you but can make your life so much more complicated than it shouldve been - i like wearing a dress so what !

Rachel Morley
12-14-2007, 09:22 PM
Hi Julie,

All my life people have been telling me "I'm just like my Mother" :happy: I look more like her than my brother does and my mother's and my personality traits are very similar too. Did she somehow influence me with my crossdressing? Not that I am aware of on a conscious level, but when I first saw pictures of her when she was a young woman in her late teens and early twenties she was wearing all the sorts of classic clothes that I think look sexy on a woman and enjoy wearing myself.

The reason for my penchant to dress? .... I just think I got the "estrogen hormone wash" as a fetus and a trigger when I was six years old. :happy:

Hugs
Rachel

MarciManseau
12-14-2007, 09:42 PM
I had to be in a Christmas play at school, k or 1st grade, and my part was an angel, so my mom dressed me in my older sister's first communion dress, a slip as the dress was somewhat transparent, then panties because my boy undies bunched up in the white tights that went with my costume. I can still picture it like it was yesterday.

After that, my older sister by 15 months, and I always played dress up games, and I was so happy. Our dad left when we were young, so mom was the only influence in our lives, and she was almost always working or going out with her friends, so Lori and I were alone alot. When mom did catch me in Lori's clothes, she'd say you really shouldn't do that, you're a boy, not a girl, but she rarely said don't do it, so we just kind of stopped for a few days.

By the time I was 12, mom just sort of gave up and let me dress up most of the time. Then she met a man and was even less available to us. By the time I was 14, I started going out with my sister and her friends who were cool with it.

If you'd like to know more, email me.

Hugs, Marci :hugs:

Mary Morgan
12-14-2007, 10:08 PM
Absolutely, it is all her fault. First she went and had intercourse with my father, then I am concieved, then somewhere along the path of my prenatal development, without any discussion with me, she eats something, or drinks something, or wishes something, or something, and presto change-o, I am born a transgender, left-handed, blue eyed, blonde male. Oops, It was going so well til the male part. Anyway, I loved my mother, and of course I respected her, and wanted to be like her in many ways. Why else would I want to wear her clothes?

Marvina Martian
12-15-2007, 02:03 AM
Yes, I do think that my mom had influenced some of my dressing. She was always dressed very professionally and feminine and always looked so...proper I guess. Growing up we were very poor but she always had her nice clothes so I think that this may have imparted some sort of priority to me as a child. I have always thought of womans clothing as somewhat of a luxury and I think that has something to do with it.
It probably also helped that it was just my mom, older sister by a few years and I growing up. Except for a couple of years of having a step dad but that didn't last too long after he found that I liked to dress! I think I may have been too much for him to handle, but he was such an abusive jerk anyways....;)

Zee
12-15-2007, 02:14 AM
No. My mother and I were at each others throats most of the time. From a very early age, she was discouraging of almost everything I tried to do, and then on her whim, attempted to forge me into her ideal. I remember my sisters dressing me up when I was a kid, only to have my mother's ire thurst upon them and me. When i would try on her stuff as a kid, not a good idea, as my butt can attest to.

As life went on, she really wasn't there for me. Granted, she worked full time and my father in and out of the hospital for much of my childhood (which left me holding the household ball), but regardless, whenshe was around, we would fight.

So no, my mother has had absolutely NO positive infulence with my crossdressing. On the other hand, I sincerely feel that she had no negative influence either. My only regret was that I was never able to tell her my true feelings (though that may not have gone over well either).

tricia_uktv
12-15-2007, 03:32 AM
Well, she gave me life, so in that respect yes, she had clothes which I used to try on when I had a free moment, so in that respect yes. But in all other respects no. It is entirely inside me.

Bethany_Anne_Fae
12-15-2007, 04:53 AM
Yes, but the story associated with my response would take more time than I have at the moment to relay, and many wouldn't believe it.

*hugs*

Zara

RachelDenise
12-15-2007, 06:05 AM
No influence other than a ready supply of lingerie when I was younger. I always wished she would have encouraged me or forced me though. Maybe that's my fantasy talking.......

KrissyTN
12-15-2007, 06:40 AM
I think my Mom did influence my decision to start dressing in a very basic way. My earliest recollection of the desire to dress was when I was about 7 years old. My Mom would keep a bra and sometimes a slip in the bathroom closet. Bath time was precious to me as it was my only time to be alone in a house full of kids - an older brother and three younger sisters. Well, one day I saw her bra in the closet and decided to try it on. I was hooked after that.

One day, at my Grandparents house, I came across a bag of clothes that they must have set aside for goodwill. In that bag I found a all in one girdle and bra complete with garters. I have been a big fan of garters ever since!!

Anyway, there was a time in my early teens when I was the only one home for approximately one hour every day. That is when my dressing really started to pick up speed as I was the same size as my Mom including shoes. I had progressed to trying on pantyhose, heels, slips, dresses, clip on earrings etc...One of my sisters was the same size as me too, but she didn't have the types of clothes that really turned me on at the time.

Do I put any of this on my Mom...nah, I don't think so,,,it's more that I was able to dress using her clothes. Perhaps deeper down there may be something to it but I don't think so.

Hugs,
Krissy

Mirani
12-15-2007, 06:46 AM
What an interesting question which has made me think back. My mother is now deceased but some years ago (over 15 years) we were talking and she said that my hair was looking in good condition and did I have manicures (I always thought it should be called girlycures lol)?

She reminisced over my childhood.

My hair was always a point of contact between us. I always had "lovely" hair and was never made to have it cut in a boys style. And from time to time I would sit on the floor in front of her and she would brush it and plait it. And she liked me to brush her hair - I am surprised I didnt end up as a hairdresser!

As a young child she would sometimes paint my nails when she did hers (I would watch her when she did her makeup and nails).
She never dressed me as a girl, but on a few occasions I said "can I have some" when she was doing her makeup and she put lipstick and eye shadow on me and a spray of perfume.
I clomped around in her high heels. (I was only 4/5/6).
She just let me without comment - negative or positive.

I loved the smell of her cosmetics - something which I still like.

Looking back I think she knew of my crossdressing desires, but never "let on". And perhaps her comments about my hair and nails were opportunities to open up to her. I never did tell her and feel sad about that now.

I was simply allowed to be "me" as a child. Always encouraged (in many aspects) and never disparaged or ridiculed. She gave me my life values which I try to work to today.

I now find myself surprisingly emotional as I type.

Thank you Julie for openning up the thoughts.

Carol A
12-15-2007, 07:28 AM
Believe it or not my story is like KarenNYs, YES my mother knew or had an idea as she came home from work in the middle of the day and there I was all dressed up in her cloths. She was more upset because I was wearing one of her better dresses and the kicker was I had on heels and was flat told at 14 you do not wear heels. So off with the dress and heels told to leave the underwear on and wiping my face clean of makeup she redressed me and redone my face to look more like a 14yo teenager. In a way she was happy as now she could dress up her little girl. Long story short she continue to dress me all the way until I left home for the service. My mother was just great in all ways and never try to make me feel bad or talk down to me, she help me become what I always wanted to be a girl.:hugs:

Dawn Marie
12-15-2007, 08:23 AM
Mom had nothing to do with my CDing, I just always like the clothes. Boys had such drab clothes while the girls had so many choices of syles and colors. And I admit they felt soft and very nice. And I was always more comfortable with girls than with boys. Most of my friends were girls.

Sharon
12-15-2007, 08:37 AM
My mother's influence? None, zero, zip, nil.... The last person in this world I ever wanted to emulate as a child(or adult for that matter) was my mother. The fact that I turned out the way I did was not as a result of anything that woman did or didn't do.

Issues? Yeah, a few. :p

DanaJ
12-15-2007, 08:38 AM
Nope, none whatsoever - and my older sisters were married and out of the house before I was 5. I never played with neighborhood girls (ick! They have cooties) - so I have no idea where this desire came from.

MarciManseau
12-15-2007, 08:50 AM
Some time ago, when I took some pictures of me as a girl, I was stunned and confused when I saw that I was like my mother. That made me feel very happy. Yes, my mother, by her presence, had something to do with me wanting to wear women's clothing.

Your mother must be very pretty too :love:

MarciManseau
12-15-2007, 08:56 AM
Yes, but the story associated with my response would take more time than I have at the moment to relay, and many wouldn't believe it.

*hugs*

Zara

We'd still love to hear it, Zara

MAJESTYK
12-15-2007, 09:33 AM
Other than the fact that I had a readily available supply of clothes that I could sneak into, no,not at all.

Julie York
12-15-2007, 09:48 AM
Fascinating answers. Thanks.

I think therapists could hand out written versions of this thread to guilt ridden Mothers. "Is it something I did?"

Erm....nope.

:D

TxKimberly
12-15-2007, 09:54 AM
I would have to say no. The only things about my mother influenced my crossdressing was that she was beautiful, had some very pretty dresses, and was a very feminine woman.
The only people/things I can think of that directly influenced my desire to crossdress were my Grandmother and my own life experiences. My mother and my sister both had pretty bad choice in men, and so I grew up with a very poor opinion of men. MY Grandmother reinforced this very poor opinion at every chance by making it well known to all of us that men were garbage, and no G.D. good! So, I more or less grew up seeing that men sucked, and my Grandmother verbally reinforced this daily. Hardly surprising I wanted to be a girl. :-)

Juanita O
12-15-2007, 10:00 AM
hi ladies

My mother said it would have been fun to have a daughter instead of two sons. So i guess my mother was somewhat of an influence on my CDing. When mom and dad caught me dressed in my moms clothes, my father said that I was sick in the head, mom never said anything.

Colleentg
12-15-2007, 10:08 AM
I think my mom had a great influence, mostly because the way she treated me, and later on, how she told so many others (in ear shot) how she wished I was born a girl. With six brothers, I felt different, and found myself helping more inside the house than out on the farm. I never got into my moms clothes, mostly because they were oversize and I didn't find them alluring. I was into my sister's clothes. I was never caught but highly suspected. My mom knew, but it wasn't like she asked me to quit.

Ðarissa
12-15-2007, 10:16 AM
I have to say no too. The desire comes from within and just because some pantyhose was just laying around inside a dresser and I was a curious little fella that was drawn to them like a moth to a flame, has nothing to do with mom, besides the fact she put em there.

Holly
12-15-2007, 11:58 AM
Well, Julie, nothing DIRECTLY. But my mom was a huge influence in my life. My parents were seperated for many years in my preteen and early teen years and me and my brother were with my mom. She was a strong and dominate woman and I learned character from her. My parents eventually got back together and we lived as a family for many years. Oddly enough, I became very close to my dad. When my mom became ill, it was my father who demonstrated to me what real love was all about as he devoted himself to all aspects of her care, keeping her at home and not putting her away someplace in a convelecent hospital. It's the greatest demonstration of love I have ever seen.

So to sum it all up, I learned strength and character from my mom, love and compassion from my dad, and the cross dressing? Not sure where that came from but thanks to my loving and caring parents, I have learned to accept and even embrace it. Life isn't about what we have or what we wear; it's about who we are and how we treat one another. Thanks, mom and dad. I hope you're proud of me.

bridget thronton
12-15-2007, 11:59 AM
My mother never helped me dress, nor do I believe that she knew I dressed in women's clothes. She was the person I was closest too while I was growing up and I still have not recovered fro her death 8 years ago (at least 20 years before I expected based on the life spans of her parents and siblings).

mollytyler
12-15-2007, 12:32 PM
Yes and No....father was 90% away from the home(travelled extensively)so it left me under the environmnent and influences of my mother and sister. Being more on the "sissy" side of build/looks growing up i was always taunted by others- yet my sister and mother would always stand up for me....short story, Mom never knew of my dressing since early age-though she had suspicions- out to my sister first at 15- then revealed to Mom a little later who was reserved in her acceptance....once she saw my happiness and further discussions with my sister about my needs, she became an ardent supported...she now suppports evething her Daughter wants.....

Mitch23
12-15-2007, 01:45 PM
my mother was my warmth and security as i was growing up, my dad was a bit remote and distant. She was pretty, wore some lovely clothes, smelt nice and was warm. i was a bit of a sickly child and so I spent a lot of time with her at home and liked to do 'girlie' things like knitting, sewing, cooking, cleaning, washing and ironing etc. she sort of knew i dressed but got fed up with telling me off

mitch

Ann D Bluebird
12-15-2007, 04:06 PM
I'd definately say "Yes" here.

But

To make me wear women's clothing? Never..
...apart, that is, from giving me one or two (not significantly gender identifiable in colour or style) items in recent years....a couple of fleeces, some walking sandals.

My mother looms large in my psyche. With two sons already she "really wanted" a girl (says so in all kinds of ways, often), chose a name...then gave birth to me.
So I started life by "wrong footing" things as it were, and it has frequently felt like I've been trying to read her mind eversince so I could do the thing or be the person she was looking for. I know she loves me, equally to my brothers. But her...

influence (on) me as a person, with the feminine qualities I think I've developed, I think very much - and maybe the genes just made me that way, too.

Am I prepared to live with that? Yes, nature and nurture write the book of life.....and dressing en femme is the latest twist to the plot which has been along time developing. And I am writing my own tale, always hoping for a happy ending......

Ruth
12-15-2007, 05:27 PM
I've come to believe that my mother had an influence on my crossdressing, though it was not intentional and was not anything to do with clothing. She was (and is) a fairly repressed woman emotionally and instilled in me the idea that it was bad in general to show your feelings too much - and certainly little boys were not to have displays of emotion.
Of course I had my fair share of feelings, and I picked up from the world around me that women in general (my mother excepted) were emotional creatures, who could dress in a more flamboyant way and generally act out a far greater emotional and sensual spectrum than men.
So this became a channel for my emotional life. I didn't realise it at first but I was expressing my sensual and emotional side through dressing as a woman and acting as a woman.
The thought remains now that perhaps if my mother had allowed me to be an emotionally fulfilled little boy, I would never have bothered getting into women's clothes. But of course I'll never know.

trannie T
12-15-2007, 07:29 PM
My mother was a wonderful, warm, caring mother. She could cook great apple pies. She read her children lots of stories.

She was the worst dresser in the world.

I do not know why I am a crossdresser but I am pretty sure that it was not because of mom's influence.

Joy Carter
12-15-2007, 07:56 PM
It's not fare of me to talk too personally about her since she's gone now. I dressed at age three or four. I didn't live with her at the time.
I can say that there was no real father figure. My sister got preferential treatment, that she readily admitts to. I know my mother was distant to me and hated my father, whom she divorced. She did know about me though. That I'm sure. I can't say it was her fault. I still belive it's the way we are wired, brain wise.

Stormgirl
12-15-2007, 08:55 PM
She died when I was 13

Bethany_Anne_Fae
12-16-2007, 12:54 AM
We'd still love to hear it, Zara

Thanks, Marci :)

Its jsut that for right now its an unhappy and uncomfortable subject due to the memories. My therapist is helping work through the worst of it, and it gets easier as time goes by.

*much hugs*

Zara

Teddie
12-16-2007, 04:20 AM
My mother was a very pretty woman. She actually did modeling for one of the local department stores.

When I was a preteen I use to enjoy watching her do her hair and apply her makeup. It amazed me what women went through, she was pretty to start with and was very pretty when she was done.

She also had a very nice wardrobe, including undergarments. A good thing for an olny child who was a budding crossdresser. This was the time of the Platex rubber girdles and I use to love wearing those and the nylons that went with them. No, I never saw her just in those.

Did she have an effect on me? Yes, a positive one. And, I think I try to emulate her look. A sophisticated one.

Stormgirl
12-16-2007, 05:36 AM
yeah,you're a bunch of Jodies

Melora
12-16-2007, 06:56 AM
Yeah.. Mom had ALOT to do with it.. When I was very young, about 3 or 4 years of age, she gave me some pantyhose to play with.. I LOVED THEM and always have. I remember that she even alowed me to have a dress or 2 around 5 or 6. In about 4th grade I expressed an interest to her about dressing up as a girl for Samhain/Halloween. Mom Actually provided me with ALL of the makeup I needed at the time, as well as told me how to put it on. She also alowed my father to come home and see the mess that I made of my self too.. = Not a good night for me! Hehe, :). Yes Mom knew about MOST of my things, and I guess so did Dad, But I know that they both Love me no matter what!
By th way.. That Halloween, I did not dress as a girl, AND nor did any of the other three boys who were talking about it at the time.. I think that I went as a ghost......
Melora

Samantha Marie
12-16-2007, 12:00 PM
I know she wanted a girl very badly...and I was influenced by television and some well-dressed neighbor girls...and I watched my mom get dressed to go out on numerous occasions--was fascinated by all the feminine trappings required in the late fifties and early sixties...so in many regards I could say I was influenced...

TxKimberly
12-16-2007, 01:18 PM
. . .Thanks, mom and dad. I hope you're proud of me.

Well, I can't speak for your Mom and Dad Holly, but I am proud of you and proud to call you a friend. If the world had more people like you in it, it would be a much better place to hang out.

JenniferMBlack
12-16-2007, 01:58 PM
No direct influence from my mother. How ever she didn't do any thing to stop it either not even taking my sisters clothes out of my room when she found them there.

happy sam
12-16-2007, 03:32 PM
my mother did not influence me directly but it was her bras that first started me off cross dressing.i tried them on and i've never looked back since

Lorna
12-17-2007, 05:00 PM
No influence at all that I am aware of - being an only child there were no other close female influences either. I did use some of my mother's clothes but probably would have preferred clothes of a younger girl to try, so even in that respect my mother was not an influence. She didn't know about my dressing, nor would she have encouraged it.

tricia_uktv
12-17-2007, 05:18 PM
No, no, no, no, no

Simple - it is only me

mackemlass
12-17-2007, 05:24 PM
my mother did not influence me directly but it was her bras that first started me off cross dressing.i tried them on and i've never looked back since

After some thought I would say this post most matches my own experience,except in my case it was a pair of boots. She didn't mind me wearing them as she thought I was just playing,but it was a differerent story when she found me wearing her panties and hose.

Maureen Henley
12-17-2007, 05:49 PM
The only influence my mother had on my dressing was that her clothing was what was available to me when I began dressing. That may be why I have a strong preference for girdles and other foundations.

So fas as active influences, the few times she caught me, she had a very negative reaction, which only made me more careful not to get caught again.

silkenhose
12-17-2007, 10:48 PM
My mother was an incredibly successful executive and a dominant women. She was and is a great mother, dressed very well, very business like. i do think the reason i dress has something to do with her.......

i have been lucky enough to be a fairly successful in business have alot of people working for me......however i like nothing better than being dressed and made to be the secretary for my wife now....... think this is because of my mother....atleast that is who i blame:D

Ozark
12-17-2007, 11:55 PM
I posted this before, but it seems appropriate for this thread.

My mother is now 79 years old and lives in a house my wife and I bought for her that is two doors down from us.

She is still a wonderful lady, getting older and just got her 25 year pin from AA. When I was growing up, I never knew she drank, just thought that everyone occasionally found their mother passed out at the kitchen table with a half empty bottle of scotch. I'm much better now, thank you. :heehee:

I was around 9 years old.

My 15 year old cousin had moved in with us. It was a sad story, her mother had died, her father remarried, the typical wicked step mother, car wreck, her father died and the step mother went into a nursing home.

Somehow in my 9 year old mind, I thought she (the cousin) was getting favorable treatment from my parents. I wanted to get the same kind of treatment.

For some reason I thought if I wore her clothes, my parents and grandparents would shower me with affection also.

I put on a pair of her yellow big panties (this was about 1958) and a pair of her side zip jeans. Nobody even noticed. (In retrospect I don't see how they could not have known, but they didn't say anything to me at the time.)

One time when my parents went on a trip and the cousin was in charge of us. She was downstairs reading a book. I got on a pair of her panties and crawled into her bed. (In our house it was scandalous to sleep in anything but pajamas or a nightgown.)

The cousin came upstairs and turned on the light in her bedroom and saw me in her bed. I feigned being asleep. She came over and ever so gently lifted up the covers and saw me in her panties. The covers came back down, she turned out the light and went and got into my bed.

After a while, I went into my bedroom in just her panties. She was in my bed reading a book. I told her I was scared and wanted someone to hold me. She looked at me and told me to go back to bed and hold myself.

The episode was never mentioned again.

She eventually went away to college.

Fast forward about 5 or 6 years. I had developed a bedwetting problem. Wet beds and wet sheets were a real bummer.

My father insisted I was just to d*** lazy to get out of the bed to go to the bathroom. Lots of tears, spankings and wet pajamas. My mother eventually bought me several pairs of 'stay dry' incontinent pants that I was to wear under my pajamas. I was both embarassed and excited about them at the same time.

My father had remodeled our basement and turned it into a bedroom. I was down there by myself, had a tv and radio and my school desk where I did my homework.

I had progressed to buying my own panties by this time.---this was before walmart and kmart. Went to Kresgee's or Woolworths to get them.

One night I was in bed in a just a pair of panties.

My mother came downstairs to kiss me goodnight. My pajamas were lying on my desk, along with some laundry she had told me to put away earlier in the day.

She told me to get out of bed and put away the laundry like she had told me to do. I told her no, could I do it in the morning, I was tired.

Mother insisted I do as she told me to do. Then she saw my pajamas and wanted to know why I didn't have them on and did I have on my 'protection' (That was our code word for the incontinent pants and diapers I wore to bed....we would NEVER call them by their real names, only by protection.)

Mother than told me to get out of bed right now. I refused. She reached down to pull my covers off of me and I blurted out, "Mom, I'm naked!"

She went over to my desk and picked up my pajama bottoms, gave them to me and told me put them on and put away the laundry.

I put the bottoms on over my panties while still under the covers and got out of bed and started to put away my laundry. She then insisted I wear protection to bed and I was always to wear protection and pajamas to bed. Nice people didn't sleep without pajamas.

She then swatted my butt. She must have been able to tell I had something on under my pajamas because she pulled out the waistband and asked me what I was wearing.

I started crying. I told her it wasn't fair, I hated wearing protection, I hated having to wear big white briefs (JC Penny double seats--wish I had some now..she bought them for me) that looked like diapers, I hated wearing diapers to bed and I liked how these underpants felt. I told her I had bought them thinking they were boy's bikini underpants.

She hugged me and said she understood how I felt. But until I outgrew the bedwetting it was so much easier on her to have me wear protection. It was too much trouble to have to laundry everyday--we didn't have a dryer- and to wipe my face and put on my protection and go to bed.

And she stood there. I didn't know what I was supposed to do. I was too embarassed to pull of my pajama pants and have my mother see me in panties. I had only occasionally put on my protection in front of her, never in front of my father.

Finally I said the heck with it, sat on the bed and took of my pajama bottoms. I then walked over to my desk in my panties and turned my back, took off the panties and pulled on my protection.

This was very exciting to me and I didn't know why.

I started to get back into bed and my mother asked if I was forgetting something. I started to put on the pajama bottoms. No, my mother said, finish putting away the laundry.

I put away the laundry in my chest of drawers just wearing my protection. I was so embarassed and excited at the same time and didn't know why.

When I was done, my mother came over and kissed me and said, 'don't forget your pajamas." and went out the door and turned out the light.

Oh man, I knew I was in trouble. Not only was I a bedwetter, but my Mom had found out I wear panties. And she was probably going to tell my dad. I worried about that until I fell asleep. I think I cried myself to sleep that night. I wished I had on panties instead of protection.

The next day when I got home from school, I was in my basement room lying on my bed watching TV. My mom came downstairs with a bag from Sears.

She sat on my bed and said she loved me and was so proud of me for being a nice young man. She told me she was sorry that I struggled so much. She knew I was a good kid. Things will get better she said. Then, as she leaned over and hugged me, she said, "I understand boys need their privacy," and handed me the bag. "These are for you", she said.

Somehow I knew I had the upper hand. I just laid there and didn't return her hug or take the bag. She got up, left the bag on my bed, said supper will be ready when your father gets home and went upstairs. At the top of the stairs, she turned and said to me, "I am not going to mention this to your father."

After a while, I looked in the bag. There was a package of panties from Sear's. Three pair, blue, yellow and white.

Samantha B L
12-18-2007, 10:57 AM
My Mom wasn't in any way an influence on my crossdressing. She did have couple of clothing items that I was crazy about. I can't remember ever identifying with my Mom more than with my Dad. I think that my brothers and my sister and I had the right amount of masculine and effeminate influences in our lives. There were times when I was growing up that I thought of my Mom as kind of a well intentioned nuicanse. She did all the usual nervous parent stuff like trying to control who we hung out with and how late we stayed out at night. It's funny how a person's mind will play tricks on them. I'll fess up that I had a great deal of affection for my parents. But much of the time I thought of them as a pain in the ass.

I never thought of my mother as good looking. I mean all CD/TG/TS folks are supposed to have a thing for their mother,right? But it's strange how your mind will playtricks on you. I was looking through some family snapshots of my Mom taken in the 60's and 70's and I was actually shocked! Mom was kind of a teardrop frames sunglasses and cigarette holder beauty with a bouffaint and zirconium oxide earrings. And this had never registered with me! So I've gotta say that I just don't think that anything in my relationship to my Mom had anything to do with my Crossdressing. I think my dressing could be something hormonal or neurological. Dad passed away years ago and Mom is real old. But she is in great shape and the doctor says she could live to be a hundred. she doesn't look like that way anymore but once in awhile I show a couple of those snapshots to people and they're very,very surprised.

Nadia-Maria
12-18-2007, 12:30 PM
My mother has had possibly a great (at least indirect) influence in my crossdresssing.
Certainly without being conscious of it.
She dressed me as a girl when a baby since she was proud of my long girlie hair. I was her preferred child (the last of 3), I had a temperament close to hers, and she probably wanted me (or appreciated me) at her image. She had some repressed hostility against my father. From her conversation I understood that men were not OK , especially sexually, so I was more inclined to want to be a girl to be more like my loved mother and to avoid to become later such a bad man.
In fact, my father was a man acting great and a fantastic father too.
Both my parents were great as people and as parents as well, even if they have sometimes made obvious mistakes, just like everybody do.
I am very proud to have had such parents.

Moreover, I had certainly some prominent feminine traits as a child and teenager. Maybe those traits have inconsciously influenced my mother to act with me as with a girl. So maybe my mother has had no real influence at all in my crossdressing.Nobody will know.

I have been tempted to become later a TS, when I was a teenager.
Around age 15-16, I recognized I was a male, and decided to live a male life.
I don't regret that wise decision.

Hugs
Nadia

Barbara G
12-18-2007, 01:29 PM
My mother died suddenly when I was 15. One day, I found some of her clothes -- mainly nylons -- stored in the attic and began to use them.

It all took off from there, although there were earlier events, none were as important.

tommi
12-18-2007, 02:46 PM
Julie
I like the this thread ,in my own experience my mom's clothes were handy but nothing special she was a farmers wife working right along side dad.
I've always loved the feel of satin next to my skin, I liked blankets with the satin trim when I was little. That just sort of grew into other things minimal
body hair until I was in my 30s and other body issues lead to me expermenting
when I was younger.

Susan.
01-10-2008, 09:42 PM
Yes my mother was a strong influence. She would dress my young uncle up in her clothes, though I can't say that she actually dressed me (poor, poor memory). The memory of my uncle is fairly clear though, probably because we have pictures. I was the 3rd child and 3rd son, but she really wanted a daughter. She finally got her wish and I had 2 younger sisters. My mom was dominant and would talk about how only women were responsible...

Mary Morgan
01-10-2008, 10:01 PM
My mother did not directly influence my being transgender other than whatever happened in the womb. I have a theory though that maybe she ate too many pizzas during our pregnancy. Her influence was more from the standpoint that I admired her strength, talent, abilities, and style. I find myself trying to emulate her to this day. She was my mom what else can I say?

teresa jeen
01-10-2008, 10:01 PM
my mother had a great influence on me wanting to dress. she was smart, pretty, loving, caring and fashionably up to date. i think my desires come from wanting to be that type of person. also she taught me how to cook. thats what got me a wife!!! hee hee, now my wife loves it when i cook in heels!!!

LisaLedoux
01-10-2008, 10:05 PM
No, my mother didn't have anything to do with my crossdressing, but...when I look at some photos of myself I suddenly realize that I look a lot like her!!!!

SandyR
01-10-2008, 10:34 PM
My first Cd experience was wearing my moms pantyhose.....

SandyR

Melissa A.
01-10-2008, 10:53 PM
None. I can't prove it, But I think I was born this way

Hugs,

Melissa:happy:.

mykhelee
01-11-2008, 12:04 AM
I don't think my mother was much of an influence in my crossing.
She was only 4'10". By the time I started I couldn't fit into any of her stuff. I just like the feel of women's clothing better.

DonnaT
01-11-2008, 08:43 AM
Other than whatever happened in the womb, and trying her clothes when I was 10, I have no idea if she did or not.

I know she didn't dress me as a girl, like she did my youngest brother (which I didn't know about until last year).

But, I have no recall as to how we related when I was very young. I was middle one of three boys (born '54, '55 and '56) until I was 6, then we had another brother, and a couple of years later, another brother.

My mom told me that, with each pregnancy, she never expected to give birth to a daughter. She never had a girls name picked out for any of us. Maybe one reason she accepts my CDing.

About the most I remember of my younger days was doing boyish activities, running, climbing trees, playing Tarzan in the trees, catching snakes, lizards and other bugs, etc. And she didn't hesitate to use a switch for punishment, so she wasn't the over motherly type.

Angela Burke
01-11-2008, 09:54 AM
I am the youngest of a large family,(my siblings are all female) And so as I was brought up in a predominately female enviroment it always seemed perfectly natural to me to wear a skirt or a dress. My Mother whilst seeming to be a bit bemused at my crossdressing was always supportive as were my sisters. I really couldn't think of a better family or situation to be born into if you are a crossdressser

Jilmac
01-11-2008, 10:30 AM
My mother was a petite American born Sicialian who was raised with strict moral standards. She did her best to pass those standards down to my siblings and me. In my family, there were seven kids, five girls and two boys. I was the first born son after three girls which makes me the middle child of the seven. My mom tried to instill her morals into us by sending us to parochial school and weekly worship at church every Sunday. My dad also had a hand in our moral upbringing, but mom's influence was the strongest.

As I have stated in numerous other threads I was introduced to crossdressing when a cousin dared me to wear a dress and panties. He would always up the ante as the dares became more bold. Before that dare, I had never tried wearing anything of my mother's or any other female. When my cousin dared me, we were in the attic of the duplex house the two families shared. My cousin left the room while I changed clothes, and waited outside the room until iI called him back in.

From the moment I slipped on the panties, I was hooked. I loved the silky feel against my skin, and in the mirror, I liked the way the dress looked on me. Even though I was scared to be seen in the dress (because I knew my cousin would tease me relentlessly) I enjoyed the way it flowed over my body. After that first encounter, I would experiment with my sisters' clothes, borrowing panties from their dresser drawers and dresses and skirts from their closet. My mom never caught me wearing anything but she did find evidence, and would give me a good scolding.

When I was 15 my second sister met an untimely death from a freak accident and I wore her clothes in my grief for her. During my teens, I started dressing as often as I could but I was never influenced by my mother to do so. My dressing was my own doing, something that I enjoyed in silence. My mother suspected that there was something peculiar and would warn me to not "fool around".

I'm alone now and not subjected to anybody's influnce but my own, and I am enjoying dressing any time I want and not answer to anybody. So to answer the original question, no my mother didn't encourage my dressing in any way.

Luv and :hugs: Jill

Charleen
01-11-2008, 12:33 PM
Nature or nurture? Both in my case I believe. I think truely I was born the way I am.
However that being said, my environment not only at home, but where I grew up untill I was 8 had to have a big effect on who I am as well.As to Mom, she worked nights in Rudy's Dress Shop in Sheepshead Bay. Dad worked days. Only saw him for dinner and an hour or 2 before it was time for me to go to bed. Working in a dress shop, my Mom had to and did look great. I remember watching her get ready to to work. After a shower, she would put on panties and a bra then open the door to air it out of the steam. The bathroom was the only place of privacy as tyhe apartmart was open plan, and my parents and I shared the one large bedroom. So, I got to see her get dressed, and put on her makeup everyday. Until I was in the first grade I spent 99% of my time with her. At the age of 3 I started to clop around in her heelswhich she thought was cute. What i learned at that young age was from her. My Dad, when I was around him was pretty clueless about parenting he was abused, and left to himself as a child. We couldn't connect even when I got older. He loved sports and I couldn't care. The only thing we had in common was a love of cars. Don't get me wrong, he tried hard, and I know he loved me in his own way, and I him.
I also, at that same time, was living in a neighborhood that didn't didn't have any boys my age close. All of my playmates on the block my age were girls. I played house instead of stickball. It was also when I first crossed dressed. One of friends and I would swap clothes.I loved it. Scared we would get caught, never happened though.
Nature or nurture? Yes.
Love and xxxx, Lily

Raquelle C
01-11-2008, 02:04 PM
Maybe. I'm not really sure. My mom was nutty and excentric... that being said I grew up mostly around all women. There were 4 women in my household (all older and extended family) and only 1 male, my grandpappy. So, maybe just maybe I had a little bit of an influence by the women that I was constantly surrounded by and looked up to. I would have to do a deep psycho analysis and professional consultation to even come to an estimated conclusion about all that.

Chari
01-11-2008, 03:23 PM
As a child about 4 years old, I thought I was being good most of the time. Mother thought differently about my behavior and punished me by forcing me to wear frilly aprons while doing housework. She insisted I wear my older sisters dicarded short dresses, full length slip, white lacy socks, black shiny shoes, and silky lacy little girl panties. Demanding I learn how to do all the housework consisting of polishing furniture, vacuuming, laundry, washing-drying dishes, scrubbing floors, and ironing to name a few, I always had to be dressed as a little girl with a frilly apron. She called me her "little sissy maid". Each of these chores were inspected and approved by her, or done over and over until it passed her white glove test. I had little time to play - mostly cleaning, school, and homework. Every year was worse than the previous year until I was a midteenager. If I refused to wear or do whatever she demanded (and I did sometimes), I was severely beaten, given more chores to do and had to act as a girl, wearing feminine clothes for a longer time. For me it was many years of deep humiliation and very little self worth. Maybe this is why I dress today.

Chari

RobertaFermina
01-11-2008, 03:36 PM
My mom was a striking American Indian Beauty, in her youth.

I first remember meeting her (I was a foster kid) when I was about 9 or so. She had already "Let herself go" for reasons complex, emotional, and deeply saddening.

In the years she was gone, I yearned for her, and, in my teens, I saw a gorgeous picture of her....

While, her brilliance, and spiritual beauty is eternal. I never lived with her, and never knew her as the visually beautiful woman she was created to be.

I feel like Roberta is, in part, a tribute to the beautiful mother I have, recreating the energy of her youthful beauty. I feel connected to that woman of so beautiful in so many dimensions...

:rose: Roberta :rose:

Julogden
01-11-2008, 04:08 PM
My memories of my mother, from my childhood: I was very close to her, and distinctly remember wanting be like her and thinking that I would grow up to be like her and own beautiful dresses like she had. My father was distant, and my memories of him from that time in my life are either indifferent or negative. My mother at least tolerated me dressing up in her clothes, and occasionally participated.

So I guess that would be a "Yes" for me.

Carol

Colleentg
01-12-2008, 03:00 AM
My mother's influence was mainly how she treated me, as someone else annotated "she always wanted (me as) a girl" and told several relatives and other people that. Having six brothers, I was the one learning how to cook, clean, sew, etc., even though I have two older sisters. The dressing part was my older sister, the younger of the two. I admired her on every part, I wanted to look and be just like her. So in private, I was dressing in her things. I never liked anything my mom had.

Laurelanne
01-12-2008, 03:21 AM
No my mother I emulated but she had nothing to do with it My sister however was a great support and encouragement

Stormgirl
01-12-2008, 04:03 AM
I'm soooo glad you all had such loving relationships with your mothers and that she is still alive to this day.:mad:

dianarg
01-12-2008, 04:18 AM
I grew up among women, as a matter of fact, my mother's side of the family, was mostly female.
When I was born everyone was kind of jealous because I was the first "male" in a long line of females, in any case, that didn't stop my mother and my grandmother from trying women's clothing on me. I even have pictures of me wearing a babydoll when I was five! But I don't blame my mom, she is the best mom ever, my HS buddies unanimously agreed on that lol.

Charlotte Cross
01-12-2008, 06:52 AM
Seems like I might be treading on some Oedipus complex things here, but I think that yes, I was influenced by my Mother.

It was nothing she did or said. She didn't dress me or treat me like a girl. It's just that she was so pretty and so femimine. She was "classy" pretty if that makes any sense.

She worked and dressed nicely every day while working for a law firm. She always wore a dress, stockings and high heels, her hair usually pulled back. Always made up nicely and wore earrings and a necklace. She was able to transmit her professional look while still not denying her own femininity.

I not only deeply loved her, but greatly admired her. Wearing her clothes seemed to not only satisfy my own feminine needs, but they seemed to make me feel closer to her.

Was she the cause of my dressing? No.
She did seem to enhance things for me, even though she didn't know what I was doing.

Then again, maybe she did.

She passed many years ago and I still miss her.

Laurie909
01-13-2008, 02:55 AM

I would say yes. My father died when I was 11 years old. My mother never remarried. My mother said she never wanted a girl (I have an older brother), but actually I think she did want a daughter. My mother had really nice taste in clothes and never left the house without looking well-dressed. One of my therapists said my dressing is a tribute to my mother. If so, how nice.

chrissietoo
01-13-2008, 02:46 PM
I was in grade school when I asked my mom if I could be a girl for Halloween. She was very supportive, and made me a lovely dress and hat and wig and little coat--she loved doing things like that.

She never gave me the impression this was at all unusual or odd, though she was always proud of a picture she took of me hitting a heckling boy in my class with my purse!

She was simply supportive of me, however I wanted to be. She also made me baseball suits, cowboy outfits and a cool air force uniform. And so she made me a dress, and stood back to watch, admire and support.

I've always been kind of "pretty", and she would tell me when I looked pretty (which was always when I FELT pretty). She didn't make a big deal of it, just acknowledgment and, I think, some pride. When she saw a shirt in a nice color, she would get it for me, and I'd happily wear it.

I'm thankful to her for all that. When I'm dressed I often feel a poise and confidence that comes from feeling her kind support.

Her taste in clothes, btw, was pretty drab. For that I'm thankful for my best friend's sister, in the ninth grade. Every afternoon I'd stand at the door of her bedroom and the bath while she got dressed for her waitress job. She was a very classy and clever dresser, and applied makeup beautifully. She was mesmerizing to me, and I'm sure that a lot of her "makeup" rubbed off on me! :happy:

BlkNYLONS
01-14-2008, 04:02 PM
My Mother had a big roll in my fetish for nylon stockings which started my cross dressing at a very young age. My Mother always dressed very nice and had lots of very sexy stuff. This was the early 60's, my Mother was a branch manager and always dressed to kill with the most beautiful stockings and pointy toe spiked heels. One of my Aunts worked in a dept store and beleive it or not in the hosiery dept. She would always bring my mother boxes of stockings. My mother had drawers full of stockings in all colors. I remember all those boxes of Hanes RHT "415" ultra sheers with the green stripe (for long length) at the top of the stocking welts. We had a small house with only one bathroom. My Mothers stockings were always there hanging on the towel rods. So was a small laundry hamper were she would always toss her daily worn lingerie into after work. My fetish for her worn nylons was torture for me. When ever home alone I would dress in her lingerie, girdles, garters, slips, with those well worn ultra sheer RHT stockings and highest of heels.