PDA

View Full Version : Does your son or father also crossdress?

Jill
12-15-2007, 02:22 PM
After a recent post about father and son I got to wondering about father/son crossdressing situations. I am wondering if any crossdessers here had a father that was a crossdresser or if any of the crossdressers here have a son that crossdresses.

If so, I am wondering about the relationship and the influence. What is it like having a father or a son that crossdresses. What is the relationship like between the two of you? For the fathers who have sons, did you influence them into crossdessing maybe dress them up in girls clothes or anything? Maybe they approached you and said they wanted to try what you do and dress up? For the sons who have fathers that crossdress, how is that relationship for you and likewise, what influence did your father have on you dressing?

If nobody is in this situation is there anyone that has heard of this situation or known anyone that was in it?

Daintre
12-15-2007, 03:13 PM
I have a son who is also a crossdresser, did I help him? not intentionally, in fact I tried very hard to present to him a "normal" dad. I do know however that he did on occasion look through Jenni's things when I wasn't there, so really the only one who can answer your question is him. He is a member here, possibly he will read this and respond.

Today I think we have a very good relationship, he is making his way in life, new friends, experiences and so on, leaving only a scootch of time for his mom and dad....tougher for him because his mom and I are divorced.

happy sam
12-15-2007, 03:20 PM
my dad would be shocked and horrified so i won't be telling him.if my son[11 at the moment]was to become a cross dresser what could i say.i won't encourage him but if he becomes the same as me so be it.end of the day we are who we are and can't change it.

reginaNJ1
12-15-2007, 04:37 PM
yes my father was a crossdreser but i dont think that was totally responsible for what i am today yes it did enlighten me but i feel I had tg tendancies on there own as early as around 8 to 10. they only started to get as strong just recently andws more confident in my feelings

Laurie
12-15-2007, 06:21 PM
I wonder if there is a genetic or environmental component or both to crossdressing? For me it wouldn't change anything, but I have always been curious by nature. Perhaps if someday we could understand the cause, it would lead to better acceptance -- by ourselves and by society.

Chiana
12-15-2007, 08:06 PM
I don't know about my father. In retrospect, I now wonder sometimes. When I was 12 or 13, I asked him about the "birds and the bees" he was extremely uncomfortable and never attempted to explain normal relationships of men and women. Actually his talk was more directed at watching out for men who might try to take advantage of young boys. And to not let them touch me in certain areas. That was very confusing for me. There were always hushed whispers about his brother (my uncle) who the rest of the family seemed to assume was gay. My uncle was married briefly and had a son. His son was kicked out of the service for being gay. After my early teen years, my dad and I were not that close. That was when I figured out that he was an alcoholic. And I hated his drinking. It seemed like we were at each others throats quite often about almost everything.

Nicole Erin
12-15-2007, 08:44 PM
Neither my son or dad is a CD. I know my son ain't cause well he lives with us. I know my dad ain't cause I know they don't make female clothes THAT big.

Nicolette01
12-15-2007, 08:54 PM
My father was not a crossdresser. Could it be genetic, or an effect of environment? I wonder if we'll ever know.

jessikasummerfox
12-15-2007, 09:12 PM
My mom and dad went their separate ways soon after I was born, and when my mom moved to another State, they each began a new family and had very little to do with each other since.

Consequently, I did not even meet my biological father ("bio-dad") until my early teens. At that time, my mom had decided to move back into the same town where my bio-dad still lived. There, they continued to live their separate lives with their own separate families. I occasionally met and talked with my bio-dad and got to know his family to a small degree. But for the most part, I had very little to do with them. They seemed so completely different.

However, my GG sister went to high school with my "half-brother," my bio-dad's other son and someone who I knew even less than him. Sis told me that my "half-brother" would often come to school wearing a dress! She seemed to indicate that he wore dresses to "shock" people, but I strongly suspect that he used that as the surface explanation to avoid the small-town prejudice and stigma of being considered gay. It is more acceptable to be a "rebel" in that town than it is to be gay (or trans).

In light of this, it has been very, very interesting to think how genetic my cross-dressing might actually be. In total, I've interacted with my "half-brother" for less than a half hour. We've led really different lives. But somehow, we both wound up in a similar place.

I'm often a little weirded out by how this "other" family has traits and behaviors that I seem share: the same shape of jaw, the same color hair, etc. However, I never would have thought in a million years that cross-dressing would be one of those other things!

Sarah.
12-15-2007, 09:27 PM
I think my dad was a crossdresser to some extent and I think he tried to tell me about it one day, but I was too close minded and young to grasp it at the time so it just went down the memory hole. I think it is both nature and nurture and that the two are inseparable. I've heard that researchers are now finding that a subset of the genome is alterable by diet and activity and I wouldn't be surprised if that extends to the long time duration of emotional state as a function of thought process and self image, so I guess we have free will after all. Yay!

Laurie
12-15-2007, 11:14 PM
I wonder if the number of father/son pairs who crossdress is higher than we think because people tend to keep it a secret. (I.e. it is under-reported.) I mean if my father crossdresses I don't think he would tell me. He certainly doesn't know about this side of me.

AmandaM
12-15-2007, 11:37 PM
no.

Mitch23
12-16-2007, 10:11 AM
my son aged 11 is showing some interest in his mother's things but this may be down to his natural curiousity. i hope that i would be sensitive and supportive

mitch

SweetCaroline
12-16-2007, 10:21 AM
No. I've actually own more skirts and dresses than my mother and sister combined. LOL.

Billie1
12-16-2007, 10:24 AM
Yes.

seanmc
12-16-2007, 10:26 AM
My father enjoys wearing panties. I'm not sure if he's gone any further, but I recently found out about his fetish. While I'm not actively CD'ing, I know I still am one and coming here seems to releive the need to dress.

Angie G
12-16-2007, 11:13 AM
My dad dressed but never knew I know I din't think an influence made Me want to dress as I started before i knew he dressed I think it was more the gene of his I got from him. It wasn't like one day I thought like dad does it maybe I'll try it :hugs:
Angie

pinklilly211
12-16-2007, 12:59 PM
Hi all,
Lilly here. this is my first post here. Thinking back, I'm positive that my father is a crossdresser. When I was young and starting to raid my mothers things there was a lot of things that I never saw my Mom wearing, Clip-on earings(she never wore earings at all) Lots of make-up(she never wore any)
And come to think of it "hershoes" were my and my dad's size not my Moms
Go Figger!!!!

Huggs Lilly

Jill
12-16-2007, 06:01 PM
Yes what? And then what?

Yes.

MAJESTYK
12-16-2007, 08:06 PM
My son's father does, does that count? Very interesting question though. Always wondered if it was hereditary or not.

occdresser
12-16-2007, 08:24 PM
No. I've actually own more skirts and dresses than my mother and sister combined. LOL.

I also own many more dresses&skirts than both my mother and sister:2c: