PDA

View Full Version : ebay

azure
04-11-2005, 07:12 PM
anyone used ebay to find somthing nice?
Ive got a few things Im rather proud of, though a pair of black slouch boots in a size 9 are eluding me(grrrr got outbid!)
oooo if I'd have had the net when I was young...bliss, though recieving the items would have been tricky(oh ok impossible)

DanaJ
04-11-2005, 07:19 PM
I want to buy stuff on eBay, but since I have a pretty big account there for other stuff, too many people would notice what I was buying.

One way to get stuff cheap is to wait until the last minute to bid (sniping). That is sort of frowned upon, but if you bid early and often, all you do is to drive the price up.

What I do these days is set myself a price I won't go beyond, put that price in and if I get outbid - oh well, tomorrow is another bidding day :)

DanaJ

azure
04-11-2005, 07:37 PM
ooo isnt it frstrating when you get outbid with minutes to go, I agree, its easier to sit back and set a price because you can budget, and if the item goes there will be others at probably better or similar prices!
cant say Ive ever sold anything, Ive got a 400cc suzuki I want to sell, but thats another story. the girly things I get, are addressed to my sister(honest guv)

DanaJ
04-11-2005, 07:42 PM
If you really really want something, bid in the last 15 seconds ;) And remember, you can see what anyone is buying or selling by looking at their eBay user name ...

DanaJ

Cissy Suzie
04-11-2005, 07:53 PM
I want to buy stuff on eBay, but since I have a pretty big account there for other stuff, too many people would notice what I was buying.

DanaJ

I actually have 2 eBay accounts ... one in my regular drab AOL screen name, and one for Cissy Suzie. Of course the paypal account is just in my real name.

It seems to work ok, everything comes to my home mailing address and it is just a mail package.

I have bought several hard to find things as well as some just pretty things on eBay, I highly recommend it. :)

DanaJ
04-11-2005, 08:00 PM
Hey! I see that they allow you to do that now! When I first joined (1997) you could only have one account - maybe I will get myself a seperate ID now :) Thanks Suzie

DanaJ

azure
04-11-2005, 08:04 PM
thanks for the advice Dana, Im a novice ebayer, but really enjoying it now ive got pay pal, and busy maintaing good feedback. hmmm now where can I get a little back dress in a 18 : )

Robertacd
04-11-2005, 10:37 PM
Hi I'm Robertacd and I am an Ebay-a-holic :D

My About me (http://cgi3.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewUserPage&userid=robertacd)

Niya W
04-11-2005, 11:31 PM
queen of e-bay :) ebay can be great but dont depand on it. What I mean by that is if you have an event planned dont count on e-bay to get the outfit as things seem to be seasonal. Now if you are just looking to find a great out fit for no particular occasion e-bay can be great. As mentioned before wait till the last possible moment to buy :)

LaurenAnne
04-11-2005, 11:51 PM
Oh I've spent thousands of dollars on Ebay over the past five years or so, love it! I especially love waiting for something new to arrive in the mail... the anticipation for the soon to be arriving package is most fun. Ebay is like a closeted crossdressers dream come true. :)

gender_blender
04-12-2005, 01:00 AM
I've gotten most of my expensive Prom dresses on ebay (one of which still has the $400 price tag on it and I got it for $85), as well as wigs (way back when I had short hair), cute tops, shoes, etc all for really good prices.

Charlie

sarah
04-12-2005, 01:10 AM
I have my ebay acc. in my wifes name (ha ha)I also use her credit card and the only problem i have is waiting for delivery as i am down the bottom of the world..I actually recieved a skirt from USA today have to get back on ebay for more...xx

Danielle1960
04-12-2005, 07:09 AM
I use it alot. I buy radio equipment, girly stuff, motorcycle parts. Only one account. I guess I really don't care about the security of who I am. After all I could be buying the items for my wife. :)

I have bought some really nice items some were to big though.

Danielle

Rachel Cder
04-12-2005, 11:13 AM
I buy all of my stuff from Ebay. You cant beat the prices. I feel totally strange buying girl items in the store unless it is near Christmas. I purged a few times and learned my lesson. Not to mention, It is a great place to sell off your old stuff and buy new outfits. Been there...done that!

alba68
04-12-2005, 12:12 PM
I always use ebay. Got too many clothes to mention.