PDA

View Full Version : pierced ears

zann
12-15-2007, 03:11 PM
How did you explain piercing ears on both sides while in drab, or did it fail to get a comment? Ann

Joy Carter
12-15-2007, 03:20 PM
Doubles here. LoL
But only one friend so far, and she was shocked. :eek: I responded with "I can't hear you, I have a ring-----ing in both ears." :D

I do get some stares and smiles. Even been called gay. I'm not.
My analogy of this ? I'm just tired of people making me feel bad for the way I am. I won't go into what the Mrs. said. :eek:

Marvina Martian
12-15-2007, 03:24 PM
I pierced my own ears back in 1994. Safety pin and ice! Since I was a bike racer it is an accepted thing. I really have only gotten complements on my titanium earrings over the years and mo one has ever been negative.
It is such a great feeling to be able to wear any earrings that you want! :D

MJ
12-15-2007, 03:30 PM
both ears done twice , no comments were made

Lisa Golightly
12-15-2007, 04:21 PM
No-one really cares... Least not about me..

Teddie
12-15-2007, 04:37 PM
Both ears pierced once, thinking about a second in one. No comments from anyone.

Genifer Teal
12-15-2007, 04:44 PM
I just shrugged my shoulders and said why not?

Besides family, only 3 people actually asked.

Gen

breanna53
12-15-2007, 05:02 PM
i have both of mine pierced, caught alot of flack at work, but after about 8 months i don't wear them at work anymore and everyone has more or less forgotten. :2c:

MarciManseau
12-15-2007, 05:05 PM
my sister did mine when i was 12 and everyone who noticed said it was cool

Hugs, Marci :hugs:

S. Lisa Smith
12-15-2007, 05:35 PM
Not many people asked. I said it was a bet.

audrey-lynn
12-15-2007, 07:04 PM
Both ears. Wear ear rings all the time. Only comments I've had were how good they looked. Never a negative word.

JULIE33362
12-15-2007, 07:17 PM
No-one really cares... Least not about me..

THATS THE TRUTH MOST PEOPLE GOT THER HEADS UP THER A--

christina marie
12-15-2007, 07:22 PM
one in both ears, daughter and i both getting one in cartilage for christmas, no-one has said boo, except wife,who thinks ive lost my last marble anyway, so whatever!

trannie T
12-15-2007, 07:59 PM
I have several in each ear. Hardly anyone has commented, some women think it's sexy. To the few people who ask I tell them it is just something I wanted to do, when they ask why I had both ears done I reply that I did not want to discriminate between my two ears.

If you're thinking of having your ears pierced just do it.

KateW
12-15-2007, 08:42 PM
Hardly anyone has ever passed a comment. I my ears are double pierced and some people haven't even noticed for years. At which point the conversation usually goes something like "ooh, when did you get your ears pierced?"

I reply "er... about 10 years ago".

They then look a bit embarressed and say "oh!".

DAVIDA
12-15-2007, 09:30 PM
I did mine back in 85. They have been double pierced for about 15 years. No one has ever said anything to me about them. Except Kandi, and she was jealous!:heehee:

Sally24
12-15-2007, 10:38 PM
Very few genetic males get only 1 ear pierced anymore. For most people it's a non issue. Had a few joke about it or ask. Mostly I just say "because I've wanted to since I was 17". I knew I'd love it and girl mode but I'm surprised to really enjoy it boy mode too! I should have done it years ago. We use that phrase here so much there should be an acronym for it (ISHDIYA?)

CathyKR
12-16-2007, 04:00 AM
As Sally24 said, these days there is nothing unusual about men having pierced ears - one or both - at least in this country (UK).

I had my ears pierced for the first time nearly thirty years ago, while I was at University - I was 18. Back then for guys it was very much a case of "left ear straight, right ear gay". I was having none of that; I wanted both my ears pierced, and that's what I had done. I had dreamed of having pierced ears since I was a little boy. I had a lot of support from my friends and only a few negative comments. In my circle of friends I was the only guy with both ears pierced.

A couple of years later I had my second holes pierced, and a year after that I had my third holes pierced, in Paris, while on holiday.

I wear earrings all the time - I certainly don't see it as a femme-only thing. I really enjoy wearing earrings, and my workplace has no issue with it. These days it seems to be more the norm for men to have both ears done, and it's certainly not unusual. Perhaps the only unusual thing with me is that both my ears are triple-pierced. When dressed as a guy I usually wear small "huggie" titanium rings in the bottom holes and small diamond studs in the second and third holes. When en femme I wear larger sleepers in the first and second holes and larger diamond studs in the upper holes.

kimdresses
12-16-2007, 04:35 AM
Have had mine pierced for years. I now have 6 including the top cartilage on one side and three on the other side. A lot of women tell me that they like it. Work has never been a problem. Never a negative comment. Once you get one pierced, it may lead to two and three.

Edwina
12-16-2007, 05:05 AM
I have sort of joked about it over the last year with my wife. Her reaction was "you couldn't take the pain!" More recently I raised the topic again and she laughed and said she wanted to be there when it was done. :heehee:
I am now seriously thinking that I am going to go for it after New Year.
:love:
Edwina

christina marie
12-16-2007, 05:16 AM
does the cartilage piercing hurt? wife says it doesnt, but i wore a clip-on for a day and that was quite painful. having it done regardless,just wondering what to expect.

trannie T
12-16-2007, 05:30 AM
Clip ons hurt. When you get your ears pierced it hurts a bit for a second. Cartilage takes longer to heal but does not hurt more. The pain of piercing is nothing compared to the agony of wearing clip ons for a few hours.

christina marie
12-16-2007, 05:45 AM
cool,thanks! i thought it might have just been me being a whiner again. that thing hurt like nobodys business!

Paulacder
12-16-2007, 05:54 AM
I have only had one remark about my pierced ears. A biker friend of mine, of all people, noticed my diamond studs and asked if I was Queer? I replyed, do you have to be queer to have your ears pierced, that ended the conversation.

Staci G
12-16-2007, 06:11 AM
Only one that complained was the wife but they were pierced before we met. But then again she complains about everything fem about me. the rest of the world for the most part has accepted both ears pierced on men

KrissyTN
12-16-2007, 07:48 AM
My wife and I are heading to CA in the spring and I've thought about having mine pierced during the trip. TN is ultraconservative and I work for a pretty conservative company. Good thing is that I'm the boss but I'm not sure what kind of reaction I would get.

A question I do have about having my ears pierced is that I understand it takes awhile to heal and that you have to have the studs in for 5-6 weeks. Is there a way to have it done that can be hidden, or at least downplayed? Someone once told me that they used heavy gauge fishing line covered with makeup and no one noticed, or at least didn't mention it.

Does it take that long for healing?

Thanx,
Krissy

Veronica 1
12-16-2007, 12:46 PM
I am very new to the earring world. Not having pierced ears, I finally found some clip-ons yesterday. Having worn them for some hours last night I agree that the pain of piercing would be considerably less. It is great to have earrings that show from under my wig and so I will probably be getting both ears pierced soon.

shauna 9
12-16-2007, 01:29 PM
Both ears pierced once, No comments from anyone.

surabhi singh
12-16-2007, 02:08 PM
My mom allowed for both ears , I don't how she permitted

just going to get pierced in coming January ,just can't wait still 15-20 days remaining .

iam very happy about that

jennig
12-16-2007, 02:39 PM
three in each and only a few comments all good. buy the way who care what other people think or say!theay are your ears..
huggs jennig:2c:

Sinthia
12-16-2007, 02:43 PM
Do not have pierced ears, but where I live no one would say anything about it, except maybe about time.

Lilith Moon
12-16-2007, 04:11 PM
Two people have commented in the six months since I had mine done. My cousin tried to make a scene about it at a relatives funeral but the general conversation moved on rapidly and nobody else was especially interested. See here:

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=69906

Recently, my daughter noticed. The conversation went like this:

"Dad....your ears !!!!"

"Yeah, what ?"

"You had them done, why ?"

"Yeah, six months ago, why not ?"

"But it must have hurt."

"No, it didn't"

"Well, it hurt me when I had mine done. I guess I was surprised because you never wear jewelery"

Then the conversation moved on...little does she know that I often wear jewelery...en femme :D

Nancy Richards
12-16-2007, 05:20 PM
When I had both of my ears pierced at the same time, the SA just asked me what starter set I wanted. Then she installed them and nothing more was said. To tell the truth, I don't even remember how others around were reacting or not. I fact I really did not care, I was doing something for myself.

CherylKCCD
12-16-2007, 10:09 PM
My wife has tried for 3 years to get me to pierce both ears. She's tired of hearing me complain about the pain of clip-ons, plus, she also likes the look of a man with manly earrings. So, I guess both of my persona will be taken care of.

This year she took the step that has made me see she is very serious. For our anniversary, she bought me a beautiful set of diamond stud earrings. She said, "I'm not taking them back, go get your ears pierced".

At work, I'm the boss. I'm also really conservative, so this will be a shock to the system of those that work for me. Years ago, when my hair was long, I had it permed. The first time people saw me , I absorbed some friendly kidding. This should be the same, but soon go away.

I have the best reason I can think of to tell them, and it's the truth. "My wife likes it!". Bless her anyway.

Hugs Cheryl

JoanAz
12-16-2007, 11:14 PM
If you have any wrincles, put the hole in the "crack" also yes it take weeks to heal but you can after the first week take the studs out for the "work" time and put them in after work.
You will probably forget to take them out one day and have them in for work.
JoanAz:happy:

CathyKR
12-17-2007, 05:22 AM
My wife has tried for 3 years to get me to pierce both ears. She's tired of hearing me complain about the pain of clip-ons, plus, she also likes the look of a man with manly earrings. So, I guess both of my persona will be taken care of.

This year she took the step that has made me see she is very serious. For our anniversary, she bought me a beautiful set of diamond stud earrings. She said, "I'm not taking them back, go get your ears pierced".

At work, I'm the boss. I'm also really conservative, so this will be a shock to the system of those that work for me. Years ago, when my hair was long, I had it permed. The first time people saw me , I absorbed some friendly kidding. This should be the same, but soon go away.

I have the best reason I can think of to tell them, and it's the truth. "My wife likes it!". Bless her anyway.

Hugs Cheryl
Gosh - with that level of support from your wife, you've got no problems! Go and get your ears pierced NOW! And after 6 weeks, take out the piercing studs and replace them with those beautiful diamond studs she's bought you!
Cathy

Lanore
12-17-2007, 07:17 AM
I pierced both ears 3 times over 20 years ago. Depending on what style of earrings I am wearing, do I ever really notice anyone looking.

Lanore

Patti Girl
12-17-2007, 09:01 AM

That's been my planned explanation but I've never had to use it. No one has every commented although my wife did notice my 87 year old dad looking at my earrings a couple of weeks ago, but he didn't say anything.

Actually, my wife's preference is ONE earring, but I don't like that at all! It's certainly not feminine! :)

Patti

Chari
12-17-2007, 09:02 AM
Had an offer from my SO to get both my ears pierced for the holidays this year. Still fearful on my part of what family will say and think.:rolleyes:

Chari

Carol Elizabeth
12-17-2007, 09:58 AM
Do It!

If after a period of time it doesn't work out, you can remove the earings and nobody will really notice the tiny holes unless they are specifically looking for them.

It is not like a tattoo that needs a lot of special effort to have it removed.

CE

Denielleinheels
12-17-2007, 10:15 AM
mine have been double pierced for years... I don't explain nothing.

Wendi0012
12-18-2007, 01:09 PM
I have had both of my ears pierced long before I even started dressing. Most people now a days don't notice or even care. My favorite come back is always "you should see how good they look with my black mini skirt and pink blouse" smmile and walk away!!!

Love Always,

SiobhanW
12-18-2007, 01:17 PM
We're going to have my wife's grand-daughter's ears pierced this Christmas. I asked my wife if I should have mine done at the same time. She offered to do them "right now with a rusty nail". I'm guessing I should take that as a no?

androgyne
12-18-2007, 02:09 PM
I have both ears pierced and today it's pretty much the norm among men too, since many of them where the larger gauge plugs and hoops. I think earrings look very hot on either sex.

Toni Shelton
12-18-2007, 02:41 PM
I have had mine done for 6 months now. I love it. After the first week, no one said anything. Most of what was said was," WHY". I just said, " I WANTED TO".

Margot
12-18-2007, 03:58 PM
My wife and I did mine 3 days ago. She gave me 1 1/2 inch diameter gold keepers until healing is complete which is today. Yesterday two workers showed up at my house to do a job I had ordered and they were 3 days early. They looked at me oddly when I first answered the door but never said a word. Who cares anyway. Fortunately I was in drab or that would have really thrown them.I'm looking forward to many new pairs of earrings.
Today I'm wearing.pearl studs.
Hugs to all
Margot

SiobhanW
12-18-2007, 04:18 PM
My wife and I did mine 3 days ago. She gave me 1 1/2 inch diameter gold keepers until healing is complete which is today.

Three days? :eek: I thought the accepted time frame for proper healing was 6 weeks?

KandisTX
12-18-2007, 04:55 PM
I have had both of mine pierced for roughly 15 years now.. never really thought about it much since it is not odd to see a man with multiple piercings, let alone a single hole in each ear.

Kandis:love:

Kelsy
12-18-2007, 05:42 PM
Both ears done the left twice. I wear hoops and a diamond stud. not one comment from anyone ever!! I had the right ear done while I was enfem what a blast they gave me a teddy bear to hold while they did the piercing - what a goof:heehee:

Kelsy:happy:

SiobhanW
12-19-2007, 01:36 PM
Anybody tried magnetic earrings? There are a whole lot of styles available, perhaps even more than clip-on these days!

Brenda Locke
12-19-2007, 02:53 PM
Hi All
I've had both done, back in Oct.;singles only. I haven't had a single comment from anyone about them and wear studs most of the time (in drab that is) anyway.

Brenda

beau
12-19-2007, 04:17 PM
I have had only one person give me any grief about them since he did it I now make him pay out the nose for the parts he buys from me at work never had any other comments about them before:battingeyelashes::cheer:

StacyCD
12-19-2007, 05:07 PM
My SO said she would have no problem with me getting my ears pierced (I plan to do so in January). However, when it came to painting my toes she just said NO! Go figure, what you can't see she's upset with and what you can she's not!

SiobhanW
12-19-2007, 05:15 PM
However, when it came to painting my toes she just said NO! Go figure, what you can't see she's upset with and what you can she's not!

And mine said that it was OK to paint my toes but gave a response that I pretty well interpreted as a "no" on the ear piercing.

GGs, there's just no figuring them out sometimes :tongueout
[runs away and hides from the forum GGs massing in the town square with burning torches and pitchforks].

Denielleinheels
12-19-2007, 05:19 PM
I have both ears pierced and today it's pretty much the norm among men too, since many of them where the larger gauge plugs and hoops. I think earrings look very hot on either sex.

very true

Denielleinheels
12-19-2007, 05:21 PM
My SO said she would have no problem with me getting my ears pierced (I plan to do so in January). However, when it came to painting my toes she just said NO! Go figure, what you can't see she's upset with and what you can she's not!

Do you do your fingernails?

Patti Girl
12-19-2007, 07:20 PM
GGs, there's just no figuring them out sometimes

But, of course, we want to be like them :)

Patti

Rebecca_B
12-19-2007, 08:54 PM
Had both my ears pierced since 14. (28 now) Took alot flack from kids at school. But all in all, people usually like it.

Charleen
12-19-2007, 09:01 PM
Both ears, single piercing, year and a half, hoop earings, not a word said.

CherylKCCD
12-19-2007, 09:14 PM
I have tried the magnetic earrings and they work pretty well. The 2 problems
I had with them are: 1. if you're not totally careful and accidently brush your ear lobe, they can get knocked off and lost. 2. They have a very strong magnetic force and when worn for several hours they can hurt almost as much as a pair of clip ons. I've actually had a small acne type bump develop on both lobes after prolonged wearing. But they look like you have pierced ears.
Cheryl

Seville
12-19-2007, 09:49 PM
Both ears. Wear ear rings all the time. Only comments I've had were how good they looked. Never a negative word.

I have both done and wear earrings (not studs) 24/7.

No one cares...:happy:

KrissyTN
12-20-2007, 05:38 AM
Hi Margot,

Can they really heal that quick? Is there a special trick for that because I always heard it took several weeks or the holes would close up quickly.

Thanks,
Krissy

Josephine 1941
12-20-2007, 05:49 AM
Hi Zann , I am in Flordia have just bought a 26 ft sail boat so I tell if anyone ask that I am a priate. Most say yea as everyones is into Johnny Depp. If they don't give up I tell them I am a cross dresser an love to wear the great ear rings that are out there. If they don't buy that who cares.

Josephine :2c::2c::2c:

CathyKR
12-20-2007, 06:02 AM
Hi Margot,
Can they really heal that quick? Is there a special trick for that because I always heard it took several weeks or the holes would close up quickly.
Thanks,
Krissy

The advice I've always heard is that you should wait a minimum of 6 weeks before removing the piercing studs - that's what I kept to.

CherylKCCD
12-24-2007, 09:37 PM
S.O. and I went to the mall today and I got both ears pierced once. We're on vacation for a week, so they should be healed when time to go back to work.

FYI. The young girl at Claires said 6 weeks is the norm for leaving the starter earrings in, and then just wear post style earrings for 6 months. After that, wear whatever you like.

Merry Christmas, Cheryl

Carrie Lynn
12-24-2007, 11:34 PM
Had mine done two weeks ago. took the starter studs out after couple of daus. keep them rreal clean and applied lots of neosoporian. put hoops in when i get home from work and take them out when i get ready to leave. no problems and no comments so far. Really enjoy that i can wear different types. Just didnt like the clip ons at all.

spiky heels
12-28-2007, 03:46 PM
Had both pierced twenty years ago, wasn't common then for men to have both done. Didn't get any adverse comments then or since. Over the years some people have asked why both have just told then because I wanted to.
To anyone I would say have them done if you want, I love the fact my ears are pierce. To be honest I'm almost sorry it's so common now for men to have both done as I kind of enjoyed the fact that having both done at that time was femme. Now it's so common people wouldn't take much notice.

O2B Barbara
12-28-2007, 03:52 PM
I had both ears done and only had a couple of comments from friends at work. Odly enough not a single GG has made any comments. As I look around there are quite a few males with both ears pierced.

Just go for it, not worry about what others are thinking and enjoy to the fullest.

Lori Ann
12-28-2007, 05:56 PM
Ann,

I had mine done in in the late 90's. I started out with only one (in my left ear). I got a few comments from the guys at work, as I had to keep it in for several weeks. Back then, it was not unusual to see men with one stud. I work for an engineering company, and the dress code is somewhat conservative. But there were a handful of guys that had them. About 6 months later, I had the other one done. Only a couple of my friends asked me about them, and I replied that I was going through a mid life crisis. They seamed to buy that.

I wore both studs for a couple of years, but since have decided not to wear them at work, just because I have to meet with clients, and quite frankly I do not feel comfortable wearing studs. Besides, it is not in vouge now like it one was.

I'm still glad I had it done, and do wear them "off duty" most of the time, with very few comments.

Hugs,

Lori Ann

Andine
12-29-2007, 12:47 AM
Happy new year!!

Had my ears done with 2 holes each about 10 years ago .... some people were aghast!
When questioned I replied that I was studying to become a Character! ... I think I've made it now!! These days I dont give a bugger! and I have heaps of bushy hair, as I can still grow it!
I wear a pair of dangly earrings in the left ear, ( In christmas colours art the moment ) and a pair of sparkly studs in the other. Ladies, in the supermarket, often ask me where I got them from ( if they like them ), and start up a conversation. Occasionally a man looks at me with disdain and looks away .... I don't care at all!

As Ladies wouldn't be seen dead without earrings that match, that puts me in a separate category!

Some years ago I had a ruined right hip ( from a skiing accident ) and I pierced both nipples to take my mind off the hip. A friend of mine who has a bad back understands. Its all about learning to deal with pain! The little pin prick in the ear is insignificant. People who object are most likely jealous that they are not game to do it themselves! Do this for yourself, and be comfortable with your decision, and others will be happy with that. Be embarrased, and so will everyone else!

Regards

SandyR
12-29-2007, 12:50 AM
I see alot of men at work both ears pierced. its not much different then having legs shaved all year.

SandyR

SiobhanW
12-30-2007, 10:12 AM
Went to see my family for a late Christmas this last couple of days and noticed that my brother-in-law has both his ears pierced. I guess he always has, but I either haven't noticed before or it didn't seem all that relevant to comment on it before now. I don't think he's a crossdresser. :D

But anyway, it makes me even more determined to have my own done. Will have to keep working my wife methinks.

CathyKR
12-30-2007, 11:07 AM
To be honest I'm almost sorry it's so common now for men to have both done as I kind of enjoyed the fact that having both done at that time was femme.
Ha ha! Me too!

Cristy.Cream
12-30-2007, 11:26 AM
Think it boils down to your life and career. Certain jobs its not a big deal. Conservative company or executive management that’s something else.

Patti Girl
12-30-2007, 12:55 PM
To be honest I'm almost sorry it's so common now for men to have both done as I kind of enjoyed the fact that having both done at that time was femme. Now it's so common people wouldn't take much notice.

Well, you can always wear more feminine earrings to differentiate yourself from those guys ;-)

Patti

Applelicious
12-30-2007, 01:16 PM
I wear clip-ons, but if I was to pierce both ears, I'm pretty confident that not too many people would say anything. An old friend of mine had his other ear pierced for almost two months before I even noticed he did it, and he said that I was the first one to say anything to him.

ubokvt
12-30-2007, 02:30 PM
As said before most people don't notice, it took my daughter 3 days, or they are to polite to not ask questions, but there are those few who do ask and I ask them " does it bother you" and if they say yes I say good and smile.

cute_michelle_cd
12-30-2007, 02:34 PM
i have had my both ears pierced sence i was 18 andi have 3 in one ear. i had more but got infected and took them out and never got them again. now adays alot of people done even notice
michelle

MJ
12-30-2007, 08:41 PM
[QUOTE=Lisa Golightly;1122335]No-one really cares... Least not about me..

aww i care about you . and so do our sisters :hugs:

[QUOTE=SiobhanW;1126772]Anybody tried magnetic earrings? There are a whole lot of styles available, perhaps even more than clip-on these days!

if i get magnets near my head i start sining oh Danny boy ...

Annie D
12-30-2007, 09:00 PM
I got both of my ears pierced about 8 years ago and initially told everyone that I lost a bet. It is coming up to football playoff time and it may be a good time for you to lose one yourself. I am in the public eye and my earings got a lot of attention. One semi-supervisor told me that now I couldn't say anything to my son when he wanted his ears pierced. He got one pierced a couple of years ago but not two. I changed jobs and no males at my new place of employment wear earings so I cool it at work but I do wear them publicly on week ends and several people have noticed that my ears are pierced but no one has given me any hassle about it. Oh by the way, I teach at the high school level and am also a coach. No one has said anything about my shaved legs either!

Andine
01-04-2008, 06:49 PM
A couple of pics ... and what I normally wear in not quite so drab mode!

Ladies come up to me, smile and ask where I got them from. Occasionally some bloke gives me a dirty look ... Its his problem, not mine!

SiobhanW
01-04-2008, 07:16 PM
Well I've stepped back from the brink. I took a quick look at the other men in my office and only one has a single ear pierced. I think this is just too conservative a place for me to get away with it, and the monthly paycheck is too valuable for me to want to test the waters.

Dawn Marie
01-04-2008, 09:56 PM
I went to Claries' back in 90 and had both ears done, just one on each side. Also bought three pair of dangly earrings and had no comments, accept the SA said that they would look good on me.
When I got to work the girls loved the birthstone studs I picked out and really got no comments from the guys. I love earrings and probably have about a hundred pair. Half of them I made myself, usually from gold or silver.

shirley1
01-04-2008, 10:51 PM
it would have been easier for me to have had my ears pierced at say 20 rather than 40 which i am as good as now - yeh when your in the closet got to think of a reason to tell your family - but what the hell sod em if i want em done i will do so - what about tatoos i'm sure theres bin a thread on this - more difficult i guess with anything thats more permanent ! and piercings and tatoos are more permanent than make up and clothes i do think !

Lois1234
01-05-2008, 12:48 AM
I got both done last month for my 50th birthday. It really wasn't a big deal at work (one guy asked if i lost a bet or got really drunk....i told him i wanted them done..nuff said). I'm starting to wear hoops and danglies now that they are healed and am giving my clip ons to my ex as she has never had hers done...shes a chicken and afraid it will hurt.....it doesn't.

Lois

SiobhanW
01-05-2008, 09:11 AM
Well, I might be back on again and WITH the support of my wife. She took our grand-daughter to Claire's yesterday (apparently is was very cute to see our grand-daughter thinking herself quite the grown-up with her new earrings). While she was there, my wife inquired about having her own ears done, since she never has before and laments the harder time finding nice clip-ons these days. She is on blood thinners for a heart condition but will be coming off them pretty soon for a colonoscopy, in case any polops need removing. She will be having her ears peirced when that opportunity presents.

So I cheekily said "Well if you're having your's done, I wanna get mine done too". To which she replied that it would be OK to do so.

In fact, she took the grandsons in tow yesterday too, because they needed new jeans from Penney's, and the younger boy (13) was quite interested in getting his done. He thinks it to be very rock 'n' roll. So it may be my wife, him, and me; all getting our ears done the same day! :D

Not sure what to do about work. Perhaps I'll get very, very tiny studs to wear the six weeks and then wear nothing if they are not well recevied.

sexotik
01-05-2008, 09:35 AM
Good question, how to explain. The only thing I can come up with is since I had my lower lip pierced, I could say that I had my ears pierced to see what it was like, first one then the other, but I didn't like the outcome. Still it doesn't sound too convincing

MAJESTYK
01-05-2008, 09:48 AM
I've had both of mine pierced for almost 20 years. My left ear is done twice, the right once and I wear small hoops. Those I live with didnt need an explanation and the rest well..... 285lbs and 6 foot tall... explanation enough I suppose.

Sammy_34DD
01-09-2008, 02:18 PM
I hope this is not too dumb a question...so here goes-are there rings available for non-pierced ears? and if so...where can I get some...I'm not sure if I want to go out and get them pierced...just yet.

SiobhanW
01-09-2008, 02:40 PM
Yes, clip-ons and magnetic. Finding nice ones can be hit or miss though.

My wife has a pair of pierced earing converters - basically a clip on with a barrel to insert the post from a pierced earring, but this does require you bend the post to a 90 degree angle and that will likely make it difficult to recover the earrings when she eventually gets her ears done (it would probably break).

Emily Ann Brown
01-09-2008, 04:53 PM
Okay...at 56 I broke down and got mine pierced the 31st. Titanium studs. Only comment so far was the big boss where I work who when suddenly seeing the stud for the first time screamed "WHAT THE F**K DID YOU DO?!!!!" to which I replied "I have lived for others for 42 years and decided to start off 2008 doing something for me."

His only other remark was "Please tell me you got one in both ears."

Emily Ann

DonnaT
01-09-2008, 06:12 PM
His only other remark was "Please tell me you got one in both ears."

LOL

Congratulations Emily Ann.

xexoticx
01-09-2008, 07:41 PM
i just pierced mine 2 days ago and found a good way to hide them was to wear a stud in backwards and not put the back on, i did it at work and no one said aything, but i more less said screw it not and tomorrow im going to get the upper part (helix) of both my ears done

darla_g
01-10-2008, 12:09 AM
i just pierced mine 2 days ago and found a good way to hide them was to wear a stud in backwards and not put the back on, i did it at work and no one said aything, but i more less said screw it not and tomorrow im going to get the upper part (helix) of both my ears done

I just dont understand how the earring stays in without the back?

teresa jeen
01-10-2008, 12:15 AM
i just went and got both my ears peirced ,$25,heck, be done with it. if you got both done they all think your a europeian rock star!!!!!

xexoticx
01-10-2008, 12:44 AM
they stayed in just fine, its still in the healing process so might be cuz the holes and still tight , so might not work as well when they heal

kymmieLorain
01-10-2008, 01:02 AM
never had any comment when i had my pierced ears,I am wanting get them redone. I miss them

Kymmie

dianarg
01-10-2008, 01:08 AM
does the cartilage piercing hurt? wife says it doesnt, but i wore a clip-on for a day and that was quite painful. having it done regardless,just wondering what to expect.

It doesn't hurt much, just a little sting, if you use a piercing gun. i bought a studex piercing gun + studs on ebay for $80, it came with a bunch of studs, so I got carried out and now I have nine one each ear, all of them different colors, kind of a rainbow.

kimdresses
01-10-2008, 01:42 AM
I have had mine done for a while. 6 on one side including the top and 3 on the other side. Have only got good compliments about them early on. Now, no one seems to notice. Don't worry about what others think. Do it for yourself.

Carvery Carly
01-10-2008, 07:48 AM
Got my magnetic earrings from Claires in the UK. Must admit they do start to hurt after a while and do leave little marks on the lobe so I make sure I take them off at least an hour before seeing the SO (doesn't know about my other side).

Gail Stauffer
01-10-2008, 11:53 AM
I've had mine pierced for about two years now and have loved it, as you can see in most of my pictures I like the styles of earrings that one can wear. in my most recent picture post I made in the picture section you can see my gold hoop earrings. I'm always looking for new ones when I can.

DonnaT
01-10-2008, 12:00 PM

The biggest worry with piercing the cartilage is getting an infection. That will deform the cartilage and the ear, and can't be fixed except through plastic surgery.

Zee
01-12-2008, 08:28 AM
I owned my own business for a long time so in the interest of doing any thing I could for the image of the company, I took out all my ear rings in my left ear (3 of them). They have been out for almost 7 years and I miss them terribly. I had my first pierced in 1991, my second in 1995 and third in 1998. I took them out in 2001.

I want to repeirce my left (I can still see the 3 holes, but I am sure they are healed through on the inside). I don't have any holes on the right ear, but I want to get that one peirced too.

My problem is that I am sure to get questions about my ears if I show up at work with both ears piereced and I haven't seen any GM with earrings at work, so I do not know how it will go over. I do not know if it would be acceptable to do so at work.

I miss my earrings so much.... sigh

O2B Barbara
01-12-2008, 08:37 AM
I am 53 and as far as I know the only ones that know I crossdess is my wife and sister. I work in th engineering department of a large midwestern electric company so I deal with the public daily, mainly construction workers, as well as all manner of fellow employees. I pierced both ears last fall and have worn earrings in both ears every day since.

I have received very few comments and none negative so far. I do get teased at times but I just laugh it off and say that my x chromasone is trying to get some equal time. After all, I am half female!

I think that there is a lot more acceptance now than in the past as for men wearing an earring or two. My thought is to go for it and don't look back.

nancyjtv
01-12-2008, 09:49 PM
I've been thinking about getting mine pierced for a while now. Reading these post is giving me the courage to do it.

Nancy

Karla_CD
02-26-2008, 04:26 AM
In 1985ish! My left ear was done first by a local and registered shop and soon developed a lumpy feeling in the ear. Yes I did clean it every morning before school & again at night before bed as the lady instructed me to do. I decided to get my right ear pierced and that was fine! By a different shop.

I tried so many times to buy a single ear ring, and was always having to pay for two ear rings, talk about discriminating! I have one ear done why should I have to buy 2 ear ring?:mad:

In September 2007 I decided to try again and got my left ear re-done, by "Claire's" (Sorry Folks I think its a UK only shop).
The lady even managed to use the old hole, yep the lumpy thing returned, I was cleaning every day manged to go through 2 bottles of cleaning solution. Eventually the lumpy thing did disappear, and now I am happy I am not getting discriminated as i can now wear two ear rings I have 2 happy ears :hugs:

probably a little more info than required, I don't mean to scare you I doubt the lumpy thing will happen to everyone, I think it happened to me because I have weird blood due to having cancer of the blood.

Just get them done if you haven't already!:heehee: