PDA

View Full Version : are we underdogs in society

shirley1
12-15-2007, 10:12 PM
does anyone think like me and think we are currently the biggest underdogs in society - women can more or less wear what they want show their masculine side everyday - why do we have to hide in the closet - gay people seem more able to come out these days ect - why is crossdressin such a taboo subject - what are we affraid of - is it because we are in such a minority or is it because men generally are just thick/stupid and dont realise that times have changed and women have the best of both worlds these days - i recently told a mate of mine about my cding and all he could think of was to say "you need a women and a shag" so in other words women have personal needs emotional needs but all men need is to get layed" that in my opinion is whats wrong with society womens needs have been recognized for men nothings changed - someday soon i'm going to walk out my door in a dress and the only people who will critisize will be the typical macho blokes who would most likely have a go at anyone who looked a bit different !

helenr
12-15-2007, 10:27 PM
friend, every transvestite lives with this frustration as long as he lives. You can't change how Society feels. I feel your exasperation. helenr

Celeste
12-15-2007, 10:32 PM
Good post-your right, I think it has a lot to do with our point in time.when ever I look back to ancient times it seems they were less critical of male-female attire.Could it be they were more able to accept people for who they were inside not out.I believe the desire to want to "fit into the mold" is out of hand in modern times.People are way to critical and fearful of what they don't understand readily.It's fear.I for one .when confronted with something I cannot grasp will take the time and effort to try and learn more about it. We all need to slow down long enough to value what makes others tick.

Carin
12-15-2007, 10:37 PM
No it's not about women versus men. Its easy to find ways to come to that conclusion, but that is a convenience conclusion.

The concepts of transgendered are amongst the least explored and least understood in public and professional circles. From the dark ages, people who engage in activity that the general populus does nto understand have been victimized. Fear is a powerful motivator.

In truth, it is you choice to be a victim or not. You could just be content with being misunderstood.

Not fair? No it is not. Like a few other things in life.

:2c:

jaina
12-15-2007, 10:45 PM
does anyone think like me and think we are currently the biggest underdogs in society - women can more or less wear what they want show their masculine side everyday - why do we have to hide in the closet - gay people seem more able to come out these days ect - why is crossdressin such a taboo subject - what are we affraid of - is it because we are in such a minority or is it because men generally are just thick/stupid and dont realise that times have changed and women have the best of both worlds these days - i recently told a mate of mine about my cding and all he could think of was to say "you need a women and a shag" so in other words women have personal needs emotional needs but all men need is to get layed" that in my opinion is whats wrong with society womens needs have been recognized for men nothings changed - someday soon i'm going to walk out my door in a dress and the only people who will critisize will be the typical macho blokes who would most likely have a go at anyone who looked a bit different !

You are the underdog you allow yourself to be. Make "someday" today.

trannie T
12-15-2007, 10:47 PM
You are the underdog you allow yourself to be. Make "someday" today.

Exactly! We have to quit feeling sorry for ourselves and get on with living!

battybattybats
12-15-2007, 10:49 PM
The biggest underdogs in society?
No, I don't think so. I think that some people have it worse than us.

Some groups with mental illness are probably worse off. Many end up poor and destitute and then are blamed for being in that state. Some racial/ethnic groups still are treated so badly by many as to possibly be listed below us too.

But I don't think we are very far from the bottom.
And what about the TG's with mental illness? The TGs who are homeless? The TG's who belong to racial/ethnic groups that are still frequently despised? Maybe they are the biggest underdogs in society.

So what can be done about it?

a) decry bigotry in all it's forms whenever you see it. Racism, sexism, ablism, homophobia, transphobia... no excuses. If someone makes such a coment, disagree publicly. If you see an injustice, speak and act!

b) consider contributing financially to groups willing to fight for TG (and others) rights and justice

c) irrespective of other politics consider voting, and particularly voting for those who will support, or at the least not oppress, the rights of TG's and all others

d) support trans-positive media representations. Write to companies that publish/produce positive TG images to tell them you approve. Don't just rent or download but make it a point to buy DVD's of positive portrayels of TGs.

e) find some way you can personally advance the cause. Can you help TG's in your workplace? Can you help TGs from your workplace? Do you have any skills or resources that could, even in a tiny way, be put to use to help out TGs in society?

Melinda G
12-15-2007, 10:56 PM
I don't think we are underdogs in society. Many of us just think we are. I've said many times, we are too hard on ourselves. I think most of us, being heterosexual, do not want to be perceived as gay. And for that reason, we worry about being found out. Most people just don't care. "Hey, that might be a guy". "Yeah, could be". "How bout those gas prices"?
I've seen obvious crossdressers, and didn't think much about it, except some of them weren't even remotely passable. But no one ran over and assaulted them. No one paid any attention. It's just not the big deal we make it out to be.

battybattybats
12-15-2007, 11:09 PM
Internalised homophobia and/or transphobia? Of course there is a lot of that.

However there wouldn't be a call for hate-crimes legislation or exist a transgender day of rememberance if real problems didn't exist.

Though the problems will often be much worse amongst already disadvantaged or downtrodden communities.

shirley1
12-15-2007, 11:16 PM
I don't think we are underdogs in society. Many of us just think we are. I've said many times, we are too hard on ourselves. I think most of us, being heterosexual, do not want to be perceived as gay. And for that reason, we worry about being found out. Most people just don't care. "Hey, that might be a guy". "Yeah, could be". "How bout those gas prices"?
I've seen obvious crossdressers, and didn't think much about it, except some of them weren't even remotely passable. But no one ran over and assaulted them. No one paid any attention. It's just not the big deal we make it out to be.

i am going to a tg meeting soon and hopefully i'll feel the same way as you after a while but do you not understand where i'm coming - you tell me then why as a woman i can go out wearing pants but as a guy i cant wear a skirt - phychological maybe but be honest if women were still inthe same boat as us they wouldnt be wearing trousers to go out i'm not stupid your just trying to justify reasons for society being the way it is dont there is no reason !

Claudia Zylindrias
12-16-2007, 12:09 AM
I believe batty has it compeletly right. We need to change society perceptions simply by being us. I go out wearing fem clothes all the time. I not passable even when i fully in-fem not at 6'2". But most people aside from a double take really don't care.

So decry bigotry in all its forms stand up for individual freedom.

Bethany_Anne_Fae
12-16-2007, 12:40 AM
a) decry bigotry in all it's forms whenever you see it. Racism, sexism, ablism, homophobia, transphobia... no excuses. If someone makes such a coment, disagree publicly. If you see an injustice, speak and act!

Wonderful post, Batty!

Zara

JacquiUKTV
12-16-2007, 01:23 AM

I believe this...whatever the pretensions to emancipation in the modern world humankind is still largely controlled by the evolved psychology of ancient times...i.e., men went out and strangled bears, chopped down trees, fought off predators (be they on two legs or four) etc. whereas women remained at home, raising the offspring and keeping house....expecting to be provided for.

In the minds of the testosterone-driven a higher value is placed on masculinity as compared to femininity..."man" being the perceived "sine qua non" of the whole arrangement.

Translating this to modern times, women are still "secretly" regarded as being, bluntly, the "weaker" sex; and therefore perhaps may be allowed their harmless little "eccentricities"...like aspiring to be men by way of (for example) their chosen mode of dress. But at least, according to the psychology I propose, they're trying to take a step "upward"...bless them, poor little darlings; they're merely women but they're trying to be something better...so that's OK then.

Yes, it's disgustingly patronizing isn't it? But I believe this is how many think even in today's world.

And then, mutatis mutandis, for a man to distance himself from his "bless-ed" gender by assuming the attributes of...oh...a woman??? Betraying his God-given superior masculinity by revealing, or indeed, embracing feminity within himself? Surely this must point to degeneration...a reversed evolutionary step...and we can't have that, can we now?

Yes, I know all this sounds hopelessly crude and ingenuous; I just happen to think that much of human psychology is in fact that simplistic; sometimes we beguile ourselves into depths that aren't actually there...

Just an opinion...much :love: Jacqueline.

MsToriJones
12-16-2007, 01:45 AM
I think as we in society learn we can be more open and not pass judgment so quick. At one time I thought all CDs were gay, I definitely know better now so today if I see a man wearing women's clothing (and I can actually tell) I don't "think" anything about him/her. I just know that it is a genetic male who is out fem for the day and accept her for that.

but then it is the same when I meet someone who is gay, they are what they are, they don't expect me to be gay so why should I expect them to be straight?

We (society) are learning so remain open to sharing information on the topic with those willing to listen and just like other society "differences" you will become more accepted. Think about it, at one time cross dressing was a hidden hobby until that first one who thought "I wonder if I can pass as fem out there" and out she went.

Tori

Kate Simmons
12-16-2007, 02:08 AM
Even "Underdog" has super powers.:happy:

Mixie
12-16-2007, 03:26 AM
I'd like to think that something positive can come out of being a CD, other than fulfilling ever-present internal desires. I've read some very interesting things about CD, things that make me think there's something greater in all of this, and that a more common awareness and acceptance might represent a form of societal evolution, born through acceptance. There is something wrong with the way men are treated in our society. It is a pretty strict role to play. Then again, I AM biased.

battybattybats
12-16-2007, 06:20 AM
I'd like to think that something positive can come out of being a CD, other than fulfilling ever-present internal desires. I've read some very interesting things about CD, things that make me think there's something greater in all of this, and that a more common awareness and acceptance might represent a form of societal evolution, born through acceptance. There is something wrong with the way men are treated in our society. It is a pretty strict role to play. Then again, I AM biased.

They say an artist or writer needs to suffer because they learn from that suffering.. well I wouldn't go that far exactly.

However I think that our experience can give us deep insights into a variety of aspects of culture, society, gender and life that others could not possibly have because they haven't had the life experiences to inform them. They can only learn from us.

P.S. In fact I think that there are things about being a woman that could only be realised by MtoF transsexuals and/or by crossdressers! Things that would too easilly be taken for granted by women born into that experience. I think the same would be true of Men learning about men from FtoM's too.

christina marie
12-16-2007, 06:35 AM
not just us the boys get it too. i was in a gas station a couple of weeks ago, two female cashiers, one looking the part of an FTM, the other really reading her the riot act about wearing a chain wallet. she just kept her head down, saying nothing, but after standing in line a few moments, it was starting to piss me off! she was still going strong when i made it up to the register, so i (in not so nice terms) told her she should concentrate on her own issues(bigger around than tall) instead of shoving her nose into someone elses life.stopped her dead in her tracks, and the little bit of a smile i got from the girl with the chain wallet was the best thank you ive had in a long time!

Nicki B
12-16-2007, 09:17 AM
Many of the posters at the start of this thread don't tell us their location?

It seems to vary, where you live, but IME the problem is not society's - it's ours. So we can't just sit in the closet waiting for someone else to solve the problem for us - WE have to do something about it. (And, again IME, when you do, you find it's not nearly so much of the problem you thought it would be.)

Life is always a compromise - but if you just abdicate fighting for your beliefs and your needs, you're not compromising...

Angie G
12-16-2007, 11:34 AM
You can't change the spots on a leopard hun gays & blacks have had equal rightsfor some time now and some bigots still hate them just becouse they do not look or think like them. I'm sorry to say people like this will always be around hun as sad as it is.:hugs:
Angie

shirley1
12-16-2007, 07:13 PM
I believe this...whatever the pretensions to emancipation in the modern world humankind is still largely controlled by the evolved psychology of ancient times...i.e., men went out and strangled bears, chopped down trees, fought off predators (be they on two legs or four) etc. whereas women remained at home, raising the offspring and keeping house....expecting to be provided for.

In the minds of the testosterone-driven a higher value is placed on masculinity as compared to femininity..."man" being the perceived "sine qua non" of the whole arrangement.

Translating this to modern times, women are still "secretly" regarded as being, bluntly, the "weaker" sex; and therefore perhaps may be allowed their harmless little "eccentricities"...like aspiring to be men by way of (for example) their chosen mode of dress. But at least, according to the psychology I propose, they're trying to take a step "upward"...bless them, poor little darlings; they're merely women but they're trying to be something better...so that's OK then.

Yes, it's disgustingly patronizing isn't it? But I believe this is how many think even in today's world.

And then, mutatis mutandis, for a man to distance himself from his "bless-ed" gender by assuming the attributes of...oh...a woman??? Betraying his God-given superior masculinity by revealing, or indeed, embracing feminity within himself? Surely this must point to degeneration...a reversed evolutionary step...and we can't have that, can we now?

Yes, I know all this sounds hopelessly crude and ingenuous; I just happen to think that much of human psychology is in fact that simplistic; sometimes we beguile ourselves into depths that aren't actually there...

Just an opinion...much :love: Jacqueline.

at last someone who understands where i'm coming from on this you are dead right - mens traits strong secure protective assertive - female vunrebility emotional soft - mens traits are positive womans negative in ie the world we live in therefore woman trying to enter the male world is seen as a positive step - men entering female domain negative - not productive seen as a threat to other males cancel out its wrong - thats my thought from a phychological point of view - but doesnt make it any easier for us guys wishing we were girls - but the knock on effect today woman have the best of both worlds these days it used to be the other way round but the pendulim has swung - most guys are too stupid to realiase this maybe then its just as well !

docrobbysherry
12-16-2007, 09:43 PM
"My Space" has us listed as a subcatigory under the heading ,
" Gay, lesbian, bi ".
RS

Sarah Doepner
12-16-2007, 10:48 PM
It seems clear to me that Cross Dressers are one of the last groups to move into the mainstream. I wonder sometimes if the "T" in GLBT is being seriously addressed yet. Just about everyone understands Sexual Attraction and how strong it is, but being Transgendered is not about the thing they can intuitively understand. Gender identity is not something that is easily understood because most people don't have a conflict in the first place. That makes is very difficult to explain and will probably make it very difficult for us to gain wide acceptance. I'm happy with tolerance for the time being, and hoping the next generation will find it easier because of the efforts of those who have gone before.

susandrea
12-16-2007, 11:48 PM
Keep in mind that it wasn't all that long ago that blacks could not mingle with whites, women were not allowed to vote, and gays were either jailed or sent to asylums.

It IS possible to change society, but only if enough people demand it be changed and stay changed.

:D:thumbsup:

battybattybats
12-17-2007, 09:32 AM
We could have been at the forefront of the struggle since the law that sparked the Stonewall riots was clothing based and the beginning of the riot involved a transsexual.

Why then has it been the gays and lesbians who have managed to gain more acceptance and not us?

Especially when some numbers bandied about suggests that there are perhaps more straight crossdressers then there are gays and lesbians?

livy_m_b
12-17-2007, 10:09 AM
*Woof*

Nadia-Maria
12-17-2007, 10:13 AM
Crossdressing is a rather private hobby, I mean.
Feeling feminine is a very private feeling, a private experience.
Why do you want necessarily being accepted in public doing such a private hobby ?
(For example, I enjoy hiking the mountains as a soloer. It is a rather private hobby too. I would not want to call attention to myself when I am enjoying it).

If you want to go in public enjoying your CD hobby, you have to make compromises with people.

If you don't want to make compromises, I would suggest you to crossdress privately !

Hugs
Nadia ("overcat")

battybattybats
12-17-2007, 10:44 AM
Should I have compromised my gothness to go out in public?
Should I not have worn a necklace of buffalo bones carved into miniature skulls in public because some poeple might be offended by momento mori?
Was it wrong of me to go and pick up a pizza in a top hat, frilly shirt, satin waistcoat, womens pants, knee-high boots and velvet cloak?

No, I don't think it was wrong of me to not compromise at all. And where a decade ago I got the occassional nasty comment now I've not heard any and there are a few goths wondering around town in public.

In fact perhaps it was my lack of compromise that won that acceptance.

As for crossdressing being a private hobby... why should it be restricted to being a private hobby?

Surely it should be up to us whether or not we do so privatly or publicly? And shouldn't it be about whether we feel like being public or not that is important?

When I have gone out clearly expressing myself as a goth it was not for the purpose of drawing attention to myself, though that was often a result of doing so. It was because it felt good to express myself the way I felt in a positive and enriching way. I could have just kept the gothness for indoors, I could have left the white cotton lace shirts and black velvet for wearing around the house but that wasn't what I felt like doing.

The only compromises that seem reasonable to me are those for my own safety or for ensuring I do not restrict the rights of others.

gennee
12-17-2007, 10:59 AM
I don't feel like an underdog at all. I feel that I am being myself. How society thinks doesn't really matter.

Gennee

:happy:

shirley1
12-17-2007, 05:29 PM
one thing i have learned more and more recently is that the vast majority of crossdressers seem to be hetrosexual many married with kids - i think its still a perception for many people that most are gay maybe its because gay tvs are more likely to admit it to people maybe its easier if you are gay people are less likely to be surprised or shocked when you tell them - maybe its worries some of us if we come out people will automatically label us as gay - nothing wrong with being gay but if your not you dont want people suspecting you are or might be ! i admire people confident enough to come out early on in life i dont think it gets any easier the older you get - eddie izzard is a famous crossdresser in this country he doesnt seem to care what people think we need more education given out to people more storylines in soaps or documentries - i see lots of storylines on homosexuality so people generally understand and accept this lifestyle its only education and bringing things into the media attention that changes peoples attitudes in the long run

Samantha B L
12-17-2007, 05:58 PM
It's not everybody but there are a lot of people who think that anything LGBT is perverted and twisted and I think they are probably not going to be nice about it. It doesn't matter that an awful lot of CD'rs aren't gay. And a lot of men tend to ignore and pass up women that are a little too gaunt and large and masculine in their physical build,clothes,hairstyles,etc.. There has been kind of a mellowing out in society in the past few decades but women are still a little bit subject. In a lot of businesses they don't get equal pay. I picked this saying up from a TV commercial about a year ago,but as a CD I'm glad that I've been equipped with a life that isn't average.

Nicki B
12-17-2007, 06:21 PM
We could have been at the forefront of the struggle since the law that sparked the Stonewall riots was clothing based and the beginning of the riot involved a transsexual.

Why then has it been the gays and lesbians who have managed to gain more acceptance and not us?

Especially when some numbers bandied about suggests that there are perhaps more straight crossdressers then there are gays and lesbians?

Why? Because so few of us are willing to get involved - look at the fear and prejudice we're showing in this thread.

NO ONE ELSE IS GOING TO DO IT FOR US - WE HAVE TO DO IT FOR OURSELVES?? :strugglin

JacquiUKTV
12-18-2007, 09:55 PM
a) Keep in mind that it wasn't all that long ago that blacks could not mingle with whites, women were not allowed to vote, and gays were either jailed or sent to asylums.

b) It IS possible to change society, but only if enough people demand it be changed and stay changed.

:D:thumbsup:

a) Yes....precisely.

b) Comes to mind the example of the erstwhile Yugoslavia; during the communist era ethnic resentments were held in check by the force of the steel fist in the iron glove; but when communism failed the lid came off and hostilities dating back to the middle ages came to the boil with the well-known result.

My point is this: real effective change only comes about from a process of education leading to understanding, not from an imposition of "values" from above....this I believe is a potentially dangerous tactic.

In the UK and Europe we have all this (I think) nonsense about the suppression of, for example, nursery-rhymes such as "Baa-baa black sheep"....the board on which the teacher chalks up stuff can't be referred-to as the "blackboard"....people are discouraged from wearing emblems of their faith such as crucifix or crescent-moon necklaces...one could go on.

I agree with you that society can be changed, and should be...just offering a gentle caveat here as to how it may be best achieved?

:hugs: J.

battybattybats
12-19-2007, 03:08 AM
In the UK and Europe we have all this (I think) nonsense about the suppression of, for example, nursery-rhymes such as "Baa-baa black sheep"....the board on which the teacher chalks up stuff can't be referred-to as the "blackboard"....people are discouraged from wearing emblems of their faith such as crucifix or crescent-moon necklaces...one could go on.

When some things are clearly offensive a point can be made but these examples are of course ludicrous (though chalkboard works well as a replacement, often more accurate as many of the boards are dark grey or even green.. but what are they calling 'whiteboards'?).

As for emblems of faith, as long as no-one is being forced to wear them then I don't see any harm in such. I certainly oppose the prevention of free expression of individuals faith as much as I oppose state-based expressions of faith. Both are bad and for the same reason.

I agree with you that society can be changed, and should be...just offering a gentle caveat here as to how it may be best achieved?

Perhaps it would be good to analyse how this has been achieved in the past? Women have come close to equality in western society. How did they manage it?

Mary Morgan
12-19-2007, 03:25 AM
Women changed their situation by stepping forward. Homosexuals changed their situation by stepping forward. Although both groups would tell you they have a long way to go, both have made considerable progress in achieving fairer treatment and the ability to move more openly in society. If we are "underdogs" there is only one way for us to change it. It will take decades to achieve the kind of acceptance we think we want even if we step out into the light and take what comes. Our movement has it's brave pioneers and to them we owe a great debt. Start by telling your favorite person, then take it one day at a time.

battybattybats
12-19-2007, 03:32 AM
While state enforcement of tolerance won't do the trick by itself, protective legislation from discrimination can create a zone of safety within which education and understanding can blossom. It's easier to educate when you have less death-threats.

As long as someone doesn't come along later and whip the next generation of pent-up youth into a frenzy of scapegoating for political purposes which is often the cause of surges of racism and other intolerances that strike otherwise successful commuinities.

Bethany_Anne_Fae
12-19-2007, 05:09 AM
Should I have compromised my gothness to go out in public?

This is SO wanting to be put on a t-shirt!

"I will NOT compromise my Gothness!"

From one Goth girl to another...Love ya, Batty and thank you!

*hugs*
Zara

Joy Carter
12-19-2007, 06:02 AM
[QUOTE=shirley1;1122692]does anyone think like me and think we are currently the biggest underdogs in society -

Only if we let our selve be Shirley. It takes confidence, attitude and some bravery on our part, to make ourselves known and accepted.:thumbsup:

yms
12-19-2007, 06:52 AM
First of all - great thread! The responses have been dead-on.

I wouldn't count too heavily on political solutions. Lawmakers will only do what is politically expedient - what will get them re-elected. A bill like SONDA can pass because the lesbian/gay community is a recognizable demographic that can be counted and measured in terms of where they live, what they do for a living, how they vote and how they spend their money. Being gay/lesbian has become ubiquitous. It's just there. Politicians will pander to a demographic like that.

The transgender community has made a habit of coat-tailing on the work of the lesbian/gay community. It doesn't bring much to the table and is more of a liability than an asset. I can understand the political realities (although I am not pleased about it) that caused gender identity to be excluded from SONDA.

Crossdressing is still very much out of sight and off the radar, still very much a marginalized and ghetto-ized sub-culture.

What amazes me is that here, in my area (upstate New York) I never see another crossdresser in public. Never! Of course, I don't hang out in gay bars, which, I guess, is where you'll find all the crossdressers. This has nothing to do with homophobia - the gay bars around here are mostly dives. And besides, it gets back to the notion of being ghetto-ized and invisible.

I can assure you that if you crossdress in public and act like you deserve to be taken seriously and shown some basic respect, you will get it. People don't react to the fact you are crossdressed as much as they do to how you go about it. And I'm not talking about "passable."

OK. I'm off my soapbox now. Whew! But seriously, great stuff here ladies, everyone. Thank you.

Yvonne

battybattybats
12-19-2007, 07:53 PM
This is SO wanting to be put on a t-shirt!

"I will NOT compromise my Gothness!"

From one Goth girl to another...Love ya, Batty and thank you!

*hugs*
Zara

No worries Zara :hugs:
It might indeed make a good t-shirt the way you've rephrased it.

It also is an important comparison I think. Being goth in public can upset others as much as being dressed (or at least it used to). You can be crossing all sorts of arbitrary rules. Once, back in the 90's, I had an old lady cross a busy road just to try and convince me that I was being led astray by the lies of satan and that I needed to follow the words of christ!

All because in her eyes all goths were satanists or pagans (which to her were satanists who didn't know they were satanists) who were suicidally depressed (and I've always been a happy optimist!). Sure I'm not christian but I have goth friends who are and after a short conversation she wandered off muttering and shaken, sure that I was irreversibly damned.

These days I just get the occassional weird looks from some, admiring looks from others. No more nasty or mocking comments at all.

charlie
12-19-2007, 08:07 PM
When I go out I can't pass. Even at transgendered bars the gay guys skoff and give me strange looks sometimes. The TG and cd's always are friendly and the GG are always friendly. White bi guys just try and pick me up! I think yes, we are the bottom of the social ladder. We aren't accepted or understood by anyone else.

Nicki B
12-19-2007, 08:49 PM
Only if we let our selve be Shirley.

No, No, NO - I am not gonna make a reference to 'Airplane'.. :censor::sorry::wm:

I think it's distinctly noticeable (at least in Europe) how those in their teens, twenties and even thirties are now much more tolerant of difference in all forms (hence the fuss in the UK yesterday about the Pogues song 'Christmas in New York', where a youth-based radio station started censoring 'faggot' and '****' from the 18 yr old lyrics - don't worry, they've stopped).

And if they are actively accepting (and IME they often are, very) that attitude does percolate upwards..

ericalynncd
12-19-2007, 10:55 PM
We need a national Transgender day and have our own parade.

Emma England
12-20-2007, 04:57 AM
We need a national Transgender day and have our own parade.

So, which day then shall we set up?

charllote34
12-20-2007, 01:49 PM
Great post , yes i see where your coming from and i do feel like you .As Crossdressers we havent to be affraid to show our MALE feelings as well , by this i mean dont let crossdressings be the taboo subject its made to be .Go out with your mates and tell them its bloody fantastic and they should try it, have a few pints with then in drab , watch the sports with them and gradually bring it out as its the most normal thing in the world to you .Try growing your fingers nails paint them the colour of your favourite sports team , things like that.
Society accepts more when people dont make a song and dance about their beliefs turn it from being a weakness into a strength .I know this isnt true of us all but we shouldnt be as quick to bury our male selfs
Well thats my 10pence worth Merry christmas xxxx

Nicki B
12-20-2007, 08:01 PM
So, which day then shall we set up?

Hi Em... :)

Well in the UK, that'd be Sparkle (http://www.sparkle.org.uk/index.htm), surely?

battybattybats
12-20-2007, 08:47 PM
Hi Em...

Well in the UK, that'd be Sparkle, surely?
Wow! That parade looks AWESOME! I'm not a huge fan of pink but that pink tank is just the right shade. Delightful!