PDA

View Full Version : If you were blind?

helenr
12-16-2007, 11:36 PM
It is interesting what thoughts enter a transvestite/crossdressers mind! I have always thrilled to the visual aspects of feminine garb-every item a GG wears. The sounds also carry messages-though far more subtle--the sound of clicking high heels, the special wisking of stockings when women wore plain knits. Smell is powerful--a lovely powdery perfume smell turns me on. Tactile feel too is great-and I don't need to dwell on this. But, if I were blind, I wonder if I would Ihave developed the strong interest in transvestism so many years ago? How about others? Have you ever weighed this topic privately in your mind?

trannie T
12-16-2007, 11:59 PM
To me the thought of being dressed is as important as the act. I don't spend much time checking myself out in the mirror. If I were blind it probably would have little effect on my makeup skills, however.

Kate Simmons
12-17-2007, 02:33 AM
I would think a lot would have to do with your concept of your true self.:happy:

SANDRA MICHELLE
12-17-2007, 11:02 AM
I would still see myself in my minds eye as always, beautiful and sexy. I visulize myself far differantly than the mirror actually portrays so I guess being blind would not change that.

StacyCD
12-17-2007, 11:53 AM
I guess I would have gotten over the fear of other peoples reactions sooner! However, I don't know if being visually impaired or not would increase or decrease my dressing. I know some of the initial early thrill of the 'look' would be gone so I'm not sure I would have every begun crossdressing in the first place. Thought provoking post. Thanks!

helenr
12-17-2007, 12:08 PM
Hi, thanks for the feedback.I have two related thoughts. I read once that for many transvestites, the only 'female' is the imagined self--a form of narcissism that I feel relates to the fact that truly no one else loves us as a crossdresser. Toleration is appreciated always where it exists, but love for that crossdressed person, rarely -if ever. I am speaking personally, so I don't mean that others are in the same boat.
Second, before my mother died at 93 she lost nearly all her vision. When I took a 'weekend shift' to give the caregiver a weekend off, I would sometimes wear a slinky shirtwaist dress over my lingerie, which I wear daily. This crossdressing caused me to think how life might be if others couldn't see what you are wearing. You would still be the same person--I don't think most of our community waltzes around like a drag queen, slurring words like some gay men do,etc-we just need something that crossdressing provides. But it would be great to be accepted in our transvestite form--this might beg the greater point that , would we get the same charge out of crossdressing if there weren't some 'thrill' involved--would we fret about getting a run in our hose like GGs might or other item and be happy to wear sweats like many GGs do? Lots of stuff to sort out and I haven't been yet able to! Merry Christmas, Helen

Niya W
12-17-2007, 12:22 PM
TO answer you question. I've met 2 CD's one that is legal blind and can barely make out your face, and i've met one that has never had sight. Both insist on dressing like women when they can.Its wahts in your heart not what you can see.

Jazzmine
12-17-2007, 03:24 PM
I agree with the thought that CD starts as an idea and feelings. Being blind might make those feelings even stronger because you would only have your crossdressing as your feedback. That is, you wouldn't be able to get a daily dose of other females by sight so being CD would be your only way to experience what you feel.

If you're asking would you even become a CD if you were blind well it can't be hard to find out I guess. That would mean all of our CDng is visually based and nurture based. I doubt it.

I guess someone would need to sort out a blind person's wardrobe though! :heehee:

:hugs: Jazzmine

Trinni
12-17-2007, 03:48 PM
Since I doubt I could pass, not being able to see myself might increase my desire to dress up. For me I like to dress because I like the feel of the clothes more than the look.

Genifer Teal
12-17-2007, 05:09 PM
I'd probabbly go around naked :tongueout until someone make me put clothes on. :mad: Then I'd wear whatever they made me put on.

Serioulsy this is a very deep question which requires thought to preperly answer. Weather or not I was blind at birth would have a great effect on this. Assuming I never was able to see, what I'd wear would have little to do with looks. Color would be totally irrelevant. I was joking above, but someone would have to help me pick out and match clothes. Their preference would influnce the outcome. I'd mostly be concerned about comfort and staying warm and meeting society's demands (that I not be naked). My sense of touch and feel would be heigntened. This could increase my interest in certain fabrics. Smooth skin could take on a whole new dimension. There would be less sexual attachment to the clothes. I'd make other connections to women and sex. Scent would be one of them. I would probably make less gender diferentions based on clothing. Clicking heels would be one exception.

These are just a few thoughts I've reambled out. It is a complicated situation without a simple answer.

Genifer

tricia_uktv
12-17-2007, 05:16 PM
Helen, no I haven't, probably a good job, but I can't imagine any difference - though I'm sure I am wrong. Wow - if your a blind transvestite, the sounds and smells must be more important! really hard

Nicki B
12-17-2007, 07:22 PM
I know at least four sight-impaired trans people - one, who is f/t, usually takes her guide dog everywhere (:wave: waves at Kieron), two others carry white sticks.

Making up tends to be an issue, particularly the eyes - dark glasses can be a help, in that respect? :)

docrobbysherry
12-17-2007, 08:43 PM
If I was suddenly blinded, ( I don't often imagine, " What if? ", happened in the past. It's pointless, usually).
I would give away ALL my lovely ladies outfits and clothes. I WOULD keep and wear, all my tite, clingy, satiny, under
garments, and corsets, etc. And the hose and heels, of course! Those 5&1/2 inch heels will probably kill me! But, what a way to go!

If everyone else EXCEPT me was blind, OMIGOD, would I always dress to the 9's?!
RS

Eugenie
12-18-2007, 07:13 PM
TO answer you question. I've met 2 CD's one that is legal blind and can barely make out your face, and i've met one that has never had sight. Both insist on dressing like women when they can.Its wahts in your heart not what you can see.

I aggree with you, it is quite in the way that you really feel that you are a woman or not...

In addition, my activity in the disability advocacy made me meet quite a lot of blind people: there is a great variety of attitudes of blind people with regard to the way they dress (men or women - I don't know any blind x-dresser so far). Some pay a lot of attention in the way they dress, some don't. Like in many cases, the parental influence is important in that matter too.

I wander if some x-dressing blind people pay more attention to the way they dress "en femme" than to the way they dress in drab... In my case I dress without any interest when in drab mode and pay a lot of attention when "en femme"...

:hugs:
Eugenie

JacquiUKTV
12-18-2007, 10:48 PM
It is interesting what thoughts enter a transvestite/crossdressers mind! I have always thrilled to the visual aspects of feminine garb-every item a GG wears. The sounds also carry messages-though far more subtle--the sound of clicking high heels, the special wisking of stockings when women wore plain knits. Smell is powerful--a lovely powdery perfume smell turns me on. Tactile feel too is great-and I don't need to dwell on this. But, if I were blind, I wonder if I would Ihave developed the strong interest in transvestism so many years ago? How about others? Have you ever weighed this topic privately in your mind?

Extremely interesting post...you've got my wheels turning.

If I may take a slightly oblique tack: I happen to have seriously short sight, a condition which (incredibly) wasn't recognised until I was about age 6/7 when an on-the-ball schoolmistress noticed that I was squinching-up my face peering at the blackboard.

She contacted my parents suggesting that I might have a sight-problem...off to the local clinic and hey-presto.

I'm prompted to wonder...in one's early years, trying to gain as much experience as poss. as regards the world one finds oneself in...if deprived of normal vision perhaps the tendency is to draw more strongly on the other senses? Smell, tactile feel as you say....and perhaps impressions of body-language, gender identity.

And (pre-school) being at home mainly in the company of mother and grandmother during the day....with attention focussed on the small visual perimeter available.

During my early years at school I found it difficult to form friendships with peer-group mainly because I couldn't actually see them except as blurs.

Hmmm....something to think about....anyone else similar?

TY Helen......:love: Jacqui.

Celeste
12-19-2007, 06:36 AM
Once I had a human dynamics project where we had to deprive ourselves of one of the senses for a weekend.I chose to be blindfolded. One of the lessons observed was how the other senses heightened to compensate for the lost one. By the end of the weekend I noted that touch and feel were heightened immensely. I was so relieved to remove the blindfold,felt great empathy for the blind and was glad I had done it.

The heightened sense of touch and feel lasted for a few days and then returned to normal. I was just starting to dress as I was only 15, it never occurred to me to try to dress afterward in order to advance my research.I'm sure it would have been memorable. The project left me with the realization of how we underestimate and usually "shelve" our minds eye and gave new insight in my ability to experience touch. If I were blind I'm sure it would not change my interest in the wonderful feel of silk,satin on my body.

Lanore
12-19-2007, 06:51 AM
I don't look at myself very much and when I do, it's when I buy something new to wear. I pay more attention to my inner self. Besides, if I were blind I would still have two hands to feel my female features.

Lanore

Kelsy
12-19-2007, 07:17 AM
The visual aspect of dressing is very important to me!! when I acheive the special look I want and see my transformation the inner feminine part of me
shines. I feel feminine all of the time but when I see myself as a woman It makes me feel very good. I love to be pretty, shutter the thought of a world with out mirrors:happy:

Kelsy

cdtammi
12-21-2007, 04:07 PM
i am certain that i still would dress or at least want to, the thought is very close to the act any way. so yes i think i would still somehow desire to feel femme any way.

wishonastar
12-21-2007, 04:40 PM
My brother in law is a psychologist. An in-law complained about her nails and polish. He said the funny thing is men do not care! She said we do it for ourselves.

So is all this make up, expensive hair doo’s, jewelry , dresses etc just for the woman, or they think it is for the men or is it for their female friends, or is it just the pressure of the advertising!

Because, in the end it will not be the deciding factor on getting the prince charming. He is not going to say "Oh I can not marry her she does not do her nails!"

Maybe some GG’s should comment!

In any case. If you could not see, would it matter how people reacted to seeing you, a man in a dress? Would you need to dress? Do good looking blind women get dressed up with make up and fancy hair?

I suspect that this will open a can of worms but it is an interesting thought. I doubt the beauty industries would like this!

Nicki B
12-21-2007, 04:51 PM
So is all this make up, expensive hair doo’s, jewelry , dresses etc just for the woman, or they think it is for the men or is it for their female friends, or is it just the pressure of the advertising!

Err - Yes? :happy:

All of the above...

In any case. If you could not see, would it matter how people reacted to seeing you, a man in a dress? Would you need to dress?

Of course it would matter... And yes, the girls I know need to dress?

Don't you? :strugglin

Nicole Erin
12-21-2007, 06:32 PM
It is interesting what thoughts enter a transvestite/crossdressers mind!

Oh don't feel bad, I was thinking the other day - if I had one leg shorter than the other, I would use the femme name "Eileen" Get it ? "I lean"
HAHAHAHAHAH

But seriously, I have never once thought about things like "If I was blind/deaf/armless/had kidney stones/whatever, would I still CD.

If I was missing my legs or my face was burned in a fire then I would probably say heck with it.