PDA

View Full Version : I don't want to dress.

SiobhanW
12-17-2007, 04:59 PM
You know how I've sometimes said that I was a bit of a lazy CD and didn't really care to properly dress all the time? And that sometimes I only needed the one item of feminine attire to feel pretty and girly?

Well now that the "Pink Fog" of being a new member here has lifted some, I don't really have the desire to dress at all. It's actually been a couple of weeks since I've worn anything fem. Almost like posting here, and being able to express my femininity in words and thoughts, might well be enough.

I'm not really sure how I feel about that. :sad:

tricia_uktv
12-17-2007, 05:11 PM
Siobhan, thats entirely your choice. So don't worry but if you could still contribute here that would be good.

It takes all sorts,

Good luck, whatever happens

Stacye Rose
12-17-2007, 05:57 PM
I know how you feel. I haven't dressed in more than six weeks. Nothing, no underdressing, no just wearing hose or anything. I've bought new lingerie and make-up during that time and still haven't tried on either yet. I've been on this board posting or lurking at least twice a day, everyday during that time.
I haven't been overly concerned, I go through periods like this when I'm busy or just not in the mood. It doesn't make me less of a crossdresser IMHO, just a somewhat sporatic one.

Hang in there Siobhan. It's like granola-this too shall pass.

Stacye

Daintre
12-17-2007, 06:08 PM
Dressing is cyclical, at times as you say, there is little or no desire and at times there is that overwhelming need to dress. Fully understandable.

SiobhanW
12-17-2007, 06:23 PM
I've bought new lingerie......during that time and still haven't tried on either yet

Me too.

shirley1
12-17-2007, 06:46 PM
sometimes i feel happy just knowing the clothings there in my closet if i want to dress its cold in my flat at the moment which puts me off also i am not really one for just part dressing when i do i feel the need i have to shave my face closely and some body hair usually it takes time and effort i go through phases where the need to dress is stronger than other times but more and more i am thinking its because ive got all these clothes and knowhere to go ! might rectify that soon though

Marvina Martian
12-18-2007, 01:17 AM
Funny thing,
Over the years I have figured out that I have dressing desire cycles and they usually coincide with my wife's period cycle! I don't know why but when it is her time I get the greatest urge to dress. I figure that it's a natural cycle for us all and I just have happened to have adjusted to her I guess?

Bethany_Anne_Fae
12-18-2007, 01:20 AM
I go through cycles too.
Sometimes I go a few months without having the urge to get dolled up. Usually I have a performance of some kind or just want to get out, feel the air on my skin, feel the wind in my hair etc etc... Going for walks down a quiet country road in whatever garb I feel in the mood for.

It comes and goes and is somewhat unpredictable. Just go with it ;)

*hugs*
Zara

Scotty
12-18-2007, 01:52 AM
The pink fog, I just heard that phrase the other day from a female friend. I may have to go back and re-read that email now...

Fear not, it comes and goes.

Some days I wear just womens panties, although my Levi 501's are womens they are only slightly larger in the hips.

I'm actually thinking of getting dolled up and getting some pics in the next couple of weeks...I had a dream last night about it and I could actually smell my own perfume in my dream...
(Jontue!)

gwenrob43
12-18-2007, 02:04 AM
Hi,
Y'know, I didn't dress for nearly three weeks. Didn't want to. I hadn't been on site for nearly 2 months. I hadn't replied to anything for longer than that.
But I'm back. Just ordered a near pair of shoes tonight, dressed in 3 different outfits today. I was only fooling myself. God I felt good today!:happy:
Hugs, Gwen

Kate Simmons
12-18-2007, 02:47 AM
Yeah, I know the feeling Hon. Especially when I don't shave for a couple of days and the beard starts looking good. At that point I honestly enjoy being a guy and sometimes it's hard to go back and really at this point it wouldn't matter much to me one way or the other. Nice being a "guy" sometimes but it's nice being a "girl" too but mostly it's nice to know that I make the choice.:happy:

lisa_e_love
12-18-2007, 03:58 AM
Just don't mistake a temporary slackening in desire to dress for a signal to quit. Everyone goes through cycles or phases, but don't go out and bag all of your stuff thinking the urge will never come back. It always comes back...:devil:

Kelsy
12-18-2007, 06:30 AM
It used to be more cyclical with me but lately (in the past two years) I want to be dressed at every opportunity. Even my underdressing is constant and evolving. Not just panties but a cammi or bra, pantyhose, pink socks, bracelets,earrings, polished nails plucked eyebrows. mascara etc. I struggle with being lost in a pink fog. It is just where I am happiest!!:happy:

Kelsy

MsJanessa
12-18-2007, 07:07 AM
Don't feel the need to dress? Don't worry it will pass. Let us know in 6 months if you still feel the same way.

Rita B
12-18-2007, 10:36 AM
My desire to dress has cooled down a bit especially since my wife not only approves of my dressing but totally supports it. The last two events that I went to fully dressed, I was accompanied by my wife, the last one being the Tiffany Club's annual Christmas party where there had to be at least 40 T Girls there. Of course with Christmas nearly upon us and with all there is to do, I have had few occasions to dress up. My wife has expressed a desire to go to other TG venues after the holidays, including First Event, so I imagine that I shall be dressing quite a bit then. Waiting for the after Christmas sales to pick up some new things for our wardrobes.

Seville
12-19-2007, 11:14 PM
I'm with Karren Hutton on this one, six hours without C/D and
I start to get antsy, 24 hours and I'm climbing the walls.

I could NEVER go cold turkey weeks or months without doing
SOMETHING! Anything!:heehee:

Sort of proves that each one of us is different in our own ways.

Nicole Erin
12-19-2007, 11:22 PM
What is it you don't want to do? Dress or look femme?

I will be honest - I hate the process of doing my makeup and clothes.
But I DO like the end result. I like to look and feel pretty.

So what is it you don't like -
Looking femme, or
the tedious process?

;)

Rebecca_B
12-19-2007, 11:27 PM
Glad to know I'm not the only one.. My desire to dress up waxes and wanes. I may go months without ever thinking of it. And other times (like today in fact) All I want to do is dress up.

daviolin
12-19-2007, 11:36 PM
Summer used to be my favorite season. But its the only season I can't dress because my wife is out of school. So boo hoo for me. If I go a couple of weeks with out I get depressed. I love being a girl.:love:Daviolin

Angie G
12-20-2007, 12:43 AM
Hang in there hun it will come back :hugs:
Angie

corrinediane
12-20-2007, 07:40 AM
The desire to dress comes and goes. It's been dormant for months at a time for me. Then there are times when I need to dress fully and sometimes just panties work. I haven't tried to figure it out. I just accept it for what it is, a part of me. I've never purged like some of the other ladies. I've had some clothes for 20 years. Just had a clean out last month. Found panties and shorts that were too small and the elastic was not stretchy anymore, foundation that was too dried up to use! I remember buying VS Miracle bras when they first came out. Still have a 36c Emma, they didn't have 38b's back then. When they started selling molded cup bras I bought them! Still got some that I can't get the wrinkles out of. I should probably get rid of those too. It's cycles, go with it. Enjoy when you can. It's about you.

Penny
12-20-2007, 08:22 AM
Just don't mistake a temporary slackening in desire to dress for a signal to quit. Everyone goes through cycles or phases, but don't go out and bag all of your stuff thinking the urge will never come back. It always comes back...:devil:

How true!

:hugs:

Penny

Dee Jay
12-20-2007, 09:21 AM
My desire to dress has cooled down a bit especially since my wife not only approves of my dressing but totally supports it. .

This could be because it's no longer "forbidden".
The excitement of getting caught, or doing something you know is "wrong". Being able to dress openly does take the edge off it, but it's much better in many other ways.

My wife now totally supports and encorages me. This after many many years of her hating my dressing.
Now that it's perfectly acceptable to dress how I please in the evenings, my desires have changed. It's no longer sexy as hell, it's now what feels nice and comfortable.

I used to dress to maximize the experience for the short time allowed. These days, as soon as my son is asleep I'm into girl mode. I have no great rush. I get about 3 hours every night to get girly, EVERY night. No rushing into and out of clothes. No panicing about leaving stuff out, or showing that stuff has been moved. Yes the excitment of getting caught has gone, but it's soooo much better now than it was a month or so ago :)

DJ

shirley1
12-20-2007, 06:34 PM
intersting about the risk and fear of gettin caught adding to the excitement of dressing up - i think theres a lot of that about me - and i also agree with the comment about the effort to get dressed i find it a chore a lot of the time but once i see myself in the mirror i like what i see and want to go out ! but the need or desire to dress for me never goes away completely its just stronger at some times than others i guess i have just learnt over the years to surpress the feelings for periods of time - and i could never be arsed to shave my face everyday i'm quite a lazy person as a guy actually so maybe thats why it takes me more effort to dress as a girl i want to do it more often than i can be actually bothered to do !

Amy07
12-20-2007, 06:54 PM
There is no single answer to dressing up this way or that way, trying to pass, tg/tv, whatever. I tried and gave up searching, and nobody knows. I signed up last New Years Day, found some really great people here, and quit posting here months later, based on a post I read. No reason, quit dressing too, for a few months. Well, back into it now, and I have a re-newed attitude. Take it or leave it, it isn't all or nothing, do what you want to do.

Please, if you really have deep feelings, seek help from a licensed professional doctor, and be careful about the internet experts. :2c:

carnut62
12-20-2007, 06:54 PM
I too go through phases of not wanting to dress. Usually when I am working on a project around the house using my creative side. In the last year I started letting my hair grow longer and I enjoy playing with my hair, I think this helps reduce my desire to dress. Also when I was shaving my legs the desire to dress was also reduced. Seems if I do more femme things everyday then I don't feel the need to dress as much.

Tabitha.

SiobhanW
12-20-2007, 07:02 PM
Seems if I do more femme things everyday then I don't feel the need to dress as much.

Yes, I think that's what I'm saying too. Posting here; being able to look at my pretty manicured nails; shaping my eyebrows; keeping my body free of hair (or at least trying to!). Just some of the little fem things I've been doing are helping feed the need.