PDA

View Full Version : Shopping for earrings

Katie Ashe
04-12-2005, 08:48 AM
I went out last night for clip-on earrings. I asked the cute early 20's girl if these would look nice? She asked whom are they for? Me, I said. After she feel over, I told her I'm a CD'er. It took a few moments to settle in her head. Then we BS'ed for 20 mins like we were good friends. I picked up 3 smashing pairs. Boy she was cute too. Being this was my first time admiting the items were for me, the experience was satisfing, considering I wasn't in drab. I'd like to hear some of your first shopping stories... :)

Katie

MistyCD
04-12-2005, 07:25 PM
Reminds me of the first time I went into a shoe store and asked the lady if I could try on a pair of high heels...... she said yes!!

Luv Misty

DanaJ
04-12-2005, 07:28 PM
Clip on earrings are fairly hard to find, at least around here - what store were you in? I usually get mine online at Cliptomania (http://cliptomania.com/)

DanaJ

Tristen Cox
04-12-2005, 08:34 PM
Here's another good place online:

http://www.simplywhispers.com/

Sharon
04-13-2005, 02:15 AM
Clip-on earrings can also be often found on the spinner racks on top of the jewelry display cases in most shops and department stores. I have bought several inexpensive pairs at Macy's (Monet brand mostly), but I don't go in with the intent of shocking the salespeople or causing them to "feel" over. :)
I just make the purchase and move onto the next department.

Wendy me
04-13-2005, 05:41 AM
walmart has a nice rack of them as well as flea marketes.......secong hand shops
i am a hands on shopper that on line thingy well i want it now.........

Katie Ashe
04-13-2005, 07:58 AM
I was shopping at Clarie's Earrings in the Eastfield MAll, Spingfield MA

Any major store chain should have soom.. :o

Katie

malecynthia
04-13-2005, 10:17 AM
Simple answer. Get your ears pierced! My wife took me into a jeweller's last year and told the assistant I wanted mine done. Most of the time, as a man, I just wear discreet studs and have had no comments made by anyone, and I'm 64 years old. When either of us decide that i should become Cynthia, the studs are replaced by dangly earrings, and I just love the sensation of the weight and the swinging when I turn my head. On the few occasions I have worn them in public, the dangly earrings make other people's heads turn! :eek:
Claire's have a large selection at reasonable prices.
Go for it. I've never regretted having my ears pierced. :D
Cynthia.

DonnaT
04-13-2005, 03:27 PM
I've got only one pair of clip-ons. From Macy's, the Monet brand, and my wife bought them for me.

I plan on having my ears pierced soon. My wife said I could if I ever got around to intalling the ceiling fan in the living room. Most installations are easy, but I had to cut the holes and run the wires, which is a little more difficult when you've no access to the ceiling except through the holes you cut. That's all done now, so next stop . . .

Like2BAspen
04-13-2005, 03:37 PM
sounds like you have an awesome wife who knows how to motivate you. How did you find someone like that or does she sort of get turned on by your dressing up?

DonnaT
04-13-2005, 04:27 PM
Motivation, yes.

Turned on, no way. She'd prefer I didn't, but wants me to be happy. I want her to be happy also, so keep it toned down some. It's only taken about 29 years to get to this point.

Julie York
04-13-2005, 04:42 PM
Being this was my first time admiting the items were for me, the experience was satisfing, considering I wasn't in drab. I'd like to hear some of your first shopping stories... :)

Katie

Was that a typo? Were you in drab or not?

First shopping experience buying for me.....Probably less scary to shop lift and have done. :D

Sigrid
04-15-2005, 12:37 AM
Last night I came across a set of earrings which I had forgotten about. They are regular earrings (for pierced ears) which I converted to clip-on. I purchased clip-on mounts (top of photo) at "JoAnnes" fabric/crafts store and simply wound the wire loop which goes through the ear around it.

~Sigrid